Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 10:19:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 [1446] 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
wooder

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 10:46:09 PM

Suggest everyone move their funds off Mintpal, if you have not done so already.

Moolah is filing for bankruptcy:  http://blog.moolah.io/2014/10/14/moolah-is-having-to-close-its-doors/

Too late.... mintpal is down

Code:
www.mintpal.com - Connection failed
Error code 8
The proxy failed to connect to the web server, due to TCP connection rejection (TCP Reset).

Their blog says everyone has until October 31st to withdraw.  It is likely down for maintenance reasons?

This is form their statement:

MintPal will be coming down immediately – in light of critical errors being disclosed.
The new management team will be making a number of stability changes, UI improvements
and bug fixes. They will also be handling the resolution of issues surrounding missing balances.
An update will be following on mintpal.com shortly, with details of further timeframes.

I bet the site won't be online until the 31th of October Wink

unbelievable how they managed to kill mintpal in just a few weeks

qawzsx

Activity: 280

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 10:46:26 PM

Moolah is filing for bankruptcy:  http://blog.moolah.io/2014/10/14/moolah-is-having-to-close-its-doors/

Code:
Error code 8
The proxy failed to connect to the web server, due to TCP connection rejection (TCP Reset).

Their blog says everyone has until October 31st to withdraw.  It is likely down for maintenance reasons?

Some critical bugs apparently but their blog post suggests that they won't be fixed till the new management group takes over.

Hope the old team comes back...

I don't think they ever left, they probably just stayed as shareholders and moolah told them what to do, sorry 'managed' them.

They did a good job before moolah...
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 10:48:13 PM

Moolah is filing for bankruptcy:  http://blog.moolah.io/2014/10/14/moolah-is-having-to-close-its-doors/

Code:
Error code 8

Their blog says everyone has until October 31st to withdraw.  It is likely down for maintenance reasons?

This is form their statement:

MintPal will be coming down immediately – in light of critical errors being disclosed.
The new management team will be making a number of stability changes, UI improvements
and bug fixes. They will also be handling the resolution of issues surrounding missing balances.
An update will be following on mintpal.com shortly, with details of further timeframes.

I bet the site won't be online until the 31th of October Wink

unbelievable how they managed to kill mintpal in just a few weeks

Yup that's my prediction too.
RaXmOuSe

Activity: 239
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 10:48:36 PM

Dan reviewing other coin's code is the best marketing strategy XC could have.

All of the other coin's investor's see their coin's code was reviewed by a guy named Dan, and so they look him up...

This leads them to XC... and because they are already invested in a coin that Dan is reviewing they are more likely to invest in XC.

This is a VERY high yield marketing strategy, and money cannot buy better leads than this.

yeah no.  I see a dev reviewing shitcoins and I see a developer who isn't excited enough about his own project to funnel all of his energy there.

Throw in the fact that the coins are competing - I see a developer who doesn't understand the term conflict of interest.

So no.  That's not what everyone sees.

I see a revolutionary coin and a revolutionary approach to the community. The tech is great and still under heavy development -> so be patient.
The approach to the crypto community is revolutionary in the sense that we as a community take on this financial privacy centered innovation together.
The world has been in conflict ever since the current elite has existed. It has always been a method http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divide_and_rule to separate the people and getting them not to accomplish their goals and see the real problems.

This is exactly how most people view crypto as well at the moment; they support one team and all the rest is bad. You dont realize this is the revolution the world has been waiting for, for a long time! It's so damn early in the game you actually get to question the development of coins. It's like facebook when they where still programming it. There are no losers in this scene, since everyone here is already aware of these developments.

I understand it's hard to look at this with a new set of eyes, it's a whole new paradigm. (you've learned to view the world in conflict)
Let developers learn and cooperate with each others.
Most coins will fail, but not the lessons they bring the community. We are evolving at a rate that is unlike anything else!
A lot of coins will serve very specific niches of the market. I trust XC with their "odd approach" to make the same kind of gutt based decisions as the team has done until now. I have faith that the coins that cooperate from the view of sharing strengths will boost each other and get this community to an entire new level

I literally would kiss you if you stood next to me <3 great post and I agree 100%.

ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:09:47 PM

is this beyond the utility collab since you mentioned Dans widespread reputation beeing the reason?

Yup ;-)

read URSAY, actually you had the next post

Sorry I was distracted by Ben Lawsky speaking live right now...

http://cardozolaw.hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/Pages/Viewer.aspx

Any cliff notes on what was said?  The NY regulation proposal is ridiculous...

Actually pretty positive so far. Institutional exchanges launching early 2015 in NYC.
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:22:55 PM

Cool bud, thank you again!  Can you point me to the instructions for setup though, I was not able to find them.

There aren't any. You can just download it, install it, and pay coins into it. :-)

Oh man, please excuse my ignorance but are you referring to downloading the latest wallet as I don't see anything to download.  Maybe I am just wrong, but I thought there was something more to do than just install the regular wallet to run a node.  If this is the case, I guess I am already running one since I already have a normal wallet.

Apologies, been really tough to stay in the loop!
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 11:27:44 PM

Cool bud, thank you again!  Can you point me to the instructions for setup though, I was not able to find them.

There aren't any. You can just download it, install it, and pay coins into it. :-)

Oh man, please excuse my ignorance but are you referring to downloading the latest wallet as I don't see anything to download.  Maybe I am just wrong, but I thought there was something more to do than just install the regular wallet to run a node.  If this is the case, I guess I am already running one since I already have a normal wallet.

Apologies, been really tough to stay in the loop!

Aha, my apologies. Download this one: http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/windows/archive/XCurrency-XMIXER-Installer_2.49_RC3_XMixer_Installer.exe

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
daveolake

Activity: 415

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:33:28 PM

ahh minpal so sucks... well moolah sucks... had 102 xc in there befor change. then no ballance when they came back. put in ticket then nothing, no responce. oh well such is the crypto life. Ill just keep gathering xc as I can.  
qawzsx

Activity: 280

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:40:21 PM

Tomorrow's news...?

From the UTIL thread...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=797900.0

---

Where we currently stand:

We are pleased to announce that currency developer Dan Metcalf has decided to take part in the effort to make Utility

the most advanced platform for block chain 2.0 functionality as outlined in our introduction document. Three other

developers have offered their support and we are currently courting one other renowned developer. These developers

wish to stay anonymous while the project grows, but they have agreed to reveal themselves in the future.

Mr. Metcalf stated: "When I learned that Utility coin was created with a vision that seeks not only to be a currency

or to build on features of other coins, but rather be a launching pad for advanced blockchain features through

collaboration of multiple and potentially unlimited development teams, I was intrigued to learn more.  After

discussing the long term plans with the Utility team I decided to join the initiative.   We as cryptocurrency

developers must answer the call and to realize the potential of this platform.  I encourage other developers to join

in the effort as well and I look forward to working with the Utility team and other collaborators."

well, thanks for this  Wink
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:40:42 PM

Code:
Error code 8

I hope so I have about 7000 XC there.

Where can i find the latest announcement?
G-Bert

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:46:04 PM

ahh minpal so sucks... well moolah sucks... had 102 xc in there befor change. then no ballance when they came back. put in ticket then nothing, no responce. oh well such is the crypto life. Ill just keep gathering xc as I can.  

Unlucky mate.  Sad

Shit happens I guess. I only had 1 XC on there just to test it out luckily. I had about about 500 on there before the changeover though. glad I managed to get them off in time.

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
MKAxe11

Activity: 165

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:47:06 PM

Moolah is filing for bankruptcy:  http://blog.moolah.io/2014/10/14/moolah-is-having-to-close-its-doors/

Code:
Error code 8

Damn, I was lucky..  Shocked

Got every coin out of there in time, and I even hesitated with a couple of Ks because I thought they'll get their stuff together. Pulled everything off last Wednesday when I saw there is no volume left.
Fortunately no big issues withdrawing.

Have to be more careful in future!

XChat:XJFcgcMqfdFxwXfqqfHPZs4uBomRfR6erQ / jwj2cnCPdf3uX53cyWyLreaJaDadj4BwqhdmhHcWFP5d
WayForward

Activity: 255

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:56:19 PM

Unlucky mate.  Sad

Shit happens I guess. I only had 1 XC on there just to test it out luckily. I had about about 500 on there before the changeover though. glad I managed to get them off in time.

not that it helps, but I ripped all my xc out of mintpal when they had the VTC hack issues recently.

I was like yep no more mintpal, that's twice lately.

URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 12:02:25 AM

Tomorrow's news...?

From the UTIL thread...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=797900.0

---

Where we currently stand:

We are pleased to announce that currency developer Dan Metcalf has decided to take part in the effort to make Utility

the most advanced platform for block chain 2.0 functionality as outlined in our introduction document. Three other

developers have offered their support and we are currently courting one other renowned developer. These developers

wish to stay anonymous while the project grows, but they have agreed to reveal themselves in the future.

Mr. Metcalf stated: "When I learned that Utility coin was created with a vision that seeks not only to be a currency

or to build on features of other coins, but rather be a launching pad for advanced blockchain features through

collaboration of multiple and potentially unlimited development teams, I was intrigued to learn more.  After

discussing the long term plans with the Utility team I decided to join the initiative.   We as cryptocurrency

developers must answer the call and to realize the potential of this platform.  I encourage other developers to join

in the effort as well and I look forward to working with the Utility team and other collaborators."

well, thanks for this  Wink

Just to be clear...this is NOT what I had considered posting regarding XC.  I am still pulling all of this information together and I may or may not post it depending on the circumstances.
hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 12:02:57 AM

so besides the wallet, whats the better place  now for xc guys. Bittrex and cryptsy took over for now. hope to see btc38 recognise xc sooner than later. i  use cryptsy for my alt trading is it woth switching to trex. they both have their history be it long withdrawals or hosting questionable ICOs.
MKAxe11

Activity: 165

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 12:16:16 AM

Who else thinks we should get Bitcoinwisdom to add Bittrex or/and Cryptsy market chart for XC?
I'm thinking of ways how to make it happen, but its not easy to get to them.

We should stick together as a community and go to their thread and show common interest.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=190722.0

XChat:XJFcgcMqfdFxwXfqqfHPZs4uBomRfR6erQ / jwj2cnCPdf3uX53cyWyLreaJaDadj4BwqhdmhHcWFP5d
Driv3n

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 12:16:48 AM

so besides the wallet, whats the better place  now for xc guys. Bittrex and cryptsy took over for now. hope to see btc38 recognise xc sooner than later. i  use cryptsy for my alt trading is it woth switching to trex. they both have their history be it long withdrawals or hosting questionable ICOs.

I just withdrew on Bittrex and it was basically instant... but I've used both without problems and I know many people have had problems with both.
G-Bert

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 12:18:15 AM

I use bittrex, never had the slightest problem. I used to use cryptsy but decided to change to bittrex after some scaremongering went around on /r/bitcoin a few months ago.

adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 12:22:43 AM

As a result of this, Moopay LTD will be filing for bankruptcy and dissolution following the administration process; and ceasing operations. All client funds held in consumer accounts are safe, and can be withdrawn as per normal at this moment in time. If you fail to withdraw your funds before the platform is shut down on October 31st,
I think the Oct 21st deadline relates to Moolah not Mintpal

As a result of this, MintPal will no longer be managed by Moolah (we do not own it, we are responsible for management). We have sourced a new management team for it, and the following will be occurring.

MintPal will be coming down immediately – in light of critical errors being disclosed. The new management team will be making a number of stability changes, UI improvements and bug fixes. They will also be handling the resolution of issues surrounding missing balances. An update will be following on mintpal.com shortly, with details of further timeframes.
Mintpal is down but if it's not owned by Moolah then once the issues are resolved coins should be able to be withdrawn? Assuming there is someone to resolve them?
http://blog.moolah.io/2014/10/14/moolah-is-having-to-close-its-doors/
G-Bert

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 12:25:21 AM

As a result of this, Moopay LTD will be filing for bankruptcy and dissolution following the administration process; and ceasing operations. All client funds held in consumer accounts are safe, and can be withdrawn as per normal at this moment in time. If you fail to withdraw your funds before the platform is shut down on October 31st,
I think the Oct 21st deadline relates to Moolah not Mintpal

As a result of this, MintPal will no longer be managed by Moolah (we do not own it, we are responsible for management). We have sourced a new management team for it, and the following will be occurring.

MintPal will be coming down immediately – in light of critical errors being disclosed. The new management team will be making a number of stability changes, UI improvements and bug fixes. They will also be handling the resolution of issues surrounding missing balances. An update will be following on mintpal.com shortly, with details of further timeframes.
Mintpal is down but if it's not owned by Moolah then once the issues are resolved coins should be able to be withdrawn? Assuming there is someone to resolve them?
http://blog.moolah.io/2014/10/14/moolah-is-having-to-close-its-doors/

I hope it works out for you mate. That post does show some hope that Mintpal is being kept seperate.

Pages: « 1 ... 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 [1446] 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: