Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 02:15:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 [1524] 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483649 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
buy-black

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 02:22:34 AM

P.S no 3... I guess it is not a new release, it is the stable version from the main site, which I ran yesterday and it crashed..sad  Cry

could you send me the debug.log cut from the crash so I can review?  as this release doesn't crash on any of my development systems.  It could be something else, send me the debug log [the end of it should contain some debug data about the crash]
ok, I will look into it now.
What email should I send it to?
Ok debug sent.

BC + XC + DRK
WayForward

Activity: 255

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 03:56:26 AM

I am not a linux guru, but is it possible to run the tor/tails client environment and then pull from github the latest linux wallets on it ?  So technically we can update our our torstick desktops ?

reebokasss

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 06:30:55 AM

i think 100k now will be psichological line.. hope to see some big rise on 29th of october

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 08:14:37 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2014, 09:29:25 AM by Este Nuno

I got a little bit more information regarding the first two points we were discussing yesterday:

Quote from: jl777
every SuperNET node becomes one via libjl777, I made a reference implementation of a SuperNET node:

jl777 [03:33]
//
//  main.c
//  libtest
//
//  Created by jl777 on 8/13/14.
//  Copyright (c) 2014 jl777. MIT License.
//

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <memory.h>
#include "SuperNET.h"

...code...

jl777 [03:35]
The SuperNET_start call and the broadcast/narrowcast are how it is integrated into a coin

BTCD has done this already

also every SuperNET node is a "server" and a private node, both

The issue here is that jl777 and the other BTCD devs have all been working on implementing libjl777 which I think is analogous to Xbridge in this case and BTCD is just the first reference implementation. But the idea behind libjl777 is that it's supposed to be implemented in to every coin in superNET. Right now that's BBR, VRC, BITS, NXT, BTCD (all equal memebers but providing different technology or assets). Each developer of coins in superNET will eventually add libjl777, but for now the attention is focused on getting it in to BTCD first. Crypto_Zoidberg the lead dev for BBR only just started talking with jl777 about integration last week, so it's probably going to be a little while. But every coin is supposed to be equal, even though it may seem like BTCD is special, it's only really special in the sense that it has a bunch of people working full time and testing at the moment making it the first implementation of superNET. And of course in the same way that XC is meant to provide its mixers BTCD provides teleport. But BTCD isn't a necessary condition for someone to use superNET. The majority of people might end up using BTCD as their 'gateway' to superNET in a similar way that XC people would presumably hope that people will be using XC as a their coin of choice when using Blocknet.

Also, from what I can understand everyone person running superNET is equal and node and there's no particular server(other than each node being a "server" in the p2p sense) so I unless I'm missing something I would expect that to qualify as true p2p considering there are no central servers.

Personally, I don't think you need to justify Blocknet anyway based on those contrasting points you were using. A good idea is a good idea. And a new implementation of the same concept with a different network of coins should be sufficient in my opinion.
TheGer

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 09:06:43 AM

There was a 50k block transferred to Bittrex a cpl days ago.  You can plainly see 1-2k coins being placed for sale over and over once they are sold the cycle repeats.  Once this guy dumps all his coins it will stabilize.  If he's dumping to hurt the coin then he must be butthurt that it is not staying down very long.  It always manages to push itself back up to between 90-100k before he tries it again.

We may see this continue for a day or 2 I haven't been keeping track of how many thousands of coins are being sold.  There appear to be more than enough willing buyers though so that bodes well.

*** On a side not to Blocknet why don't you poll the community and see what the best method they think is for fundraising(ie. what will instill the best confidence among investors thus bringing in the most funds).

Options could be posted in this thread and then polled(using website poll feature) after a day or 2 of ideas being fronted.

i think 100k now will be psichological line.. hope to see some big rise on 29th of october
hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 09:35:04 AM

There was a 50k block transferred to Bittrex a cpl days ago.  You can plainly see 1-2k coins being placed for sale over and over once they are sold the cycle repeats.  Once this guy dumps all his coins it will stabilize.  If he's dumping to hurt the coin then he must be butthurt that it is not staying down very long.  It always manages to push itself back up to between 90-100k before he tries it again.

We may see this continue for a day or 2 I haven't been keeping track of how many thousands of coins are being sold.  There appear to be more than enough willing buyers though so that bodes well.

*** On a side not to Blocknet why don't you poll the community and see what the best method they think is for fundraising(ie. what will instill the best confidence among investors thus bringing in the most funds).

Options could be posted in this thread and then polled(using website poll feature) after a day or 2 of ideas being fronted.

Cab you see if they came from mintpal directly?
ib88

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 09:57:41 AM

Agree with your sentiments regarding the price action the last few days. Every time the price looks to be heading towards 0.001 another 1-3k is added to the sell wall. No one can say what his/her motive is, could just be part of their exit strategy but eventually they'll run out. Dan has been over delivering the past few days steadily improving XChat with each and every update. This, combined with the soon to be released mobile wallet, should return a lot investor confidence back in Dan's commitment to the project (this is imo opinion why the price has dropped so much). Hopefully that will see XC rise to the pre-Blocknet announcement price of .0013 -.0015. FWIW I've been pretty much wrong with all my other predictions! Grin

Also I believe there is a huge lack of new investors coming aboard. Very low buy support and a couple whales dumping are major factor in this price drop imo. Hopefully the upcoming PR to go along with the new mobile wallet release will attract some new investors.

TheGer, I've read your posts regarding the 2500 BTC fund and understand where you're coming from. However, they've already stated that they're looking into the possibility of only releasing the funds intermittently based on certain milestones being accomplished. This would be a good compromise imo.

holyprofit

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 10:08:04 AM

The last two or three days we had huge dumps out of nowhere - like 20 BTC in an hour - I assume this is was the guy. Anyway they seem to be drying up.
TheGer

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 10:46:47 AM

I don't see that as any sort of compromise.  They still have all the money up front and all we have is hope for a product.  No contractual obligations... Nothing.

I'm sorry but I don't see any rational explanation for requiring all the money up front instead of staged investment phases.  It instills faith in investors both that development will continue, and that no one is likely to run off with 2500 BTC on the community.  It's not just 2500 BTC either.  If something did happen and funds disappeared all or in part, then XC would likely completely collapse as a result costing XC investors of the coin itself everything.  Not to mention all participating coins likely being crippled or dead as well.  There is a lot more at stake than just the share funds here.

I think it is irrational that fundraising wouldn't be done in the most trustworthy and confidence building way possible, and I'm sorry but "pony up all the cash first" doesn't cut it on a scale of this value.

I and anyone can choose to invest or not, but before you argue as an apologist for their proposed fund raising plan think about the stakes not only for the raised funds but for all the coins involved and all the people who have money invested in them.  Then think about the crypto community in general.  There is enough at stake here that these devs can do a little extra work and wait a little extra time to rake in 10,000,000 shares worth of coins.

It boggles my mind that people wouldn't want their investment risk to be minimized in this way.

_______

"TheGer, I've read your posts regarding the 2500 BTC fund and understand where you're coming from. However, they've already stated that they're looking into the possibility of only releasing the funds intermittently based on certain milestones being accomplished. This would be a good compromise imo."

Agree with your sentiments regarding the price action the last few days. Every time the price looks to be heading towards 0.001 another 1-3k is added to the sell wall. No one can say what his/her motive is, could just be part of their exit strategy but eventually they'll run out. Dan has been over delivering the past few days steadily improving XChat with each and every update. This, combined with the soon to be released mobile wallet, should return a lot investor confidence back in Dan's commitment to the project (this is imo opinion why the price has dropped so much). Hopefully that will see XC rise to the pre-Blocknet announcement price of .0013 -.0015. FWIW I've been pretty much wrong with all my other predictions! Grin

Also I believe there is a huge lack of new investors coming aboard. Very low buy support and a couple whales dumping are major factor in this price drop imo. Hopefully the upcoming PR to go along with the new mobile wallet release will attract some new investors.

TheGer, I've read your posts regarding the 2500 BTC fund and understand where you're coming from. However, they've already stated that they're looking into the possibility of only releasing the funds intermittently based on certain milestones being accomplished. This would be a good compromise imo.

hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 10:55:12 AM

the higher the risk the higher the possible roi or loss. some are willing to take the risk some don't . i don't get the problem since nobody is forced to invest into the blocknet or anything else here. don't you guys get how investing works. check the variables and decide yes or no. whats all the bitching about. not only with blocknet. 50% of this forum are complaining about ito policies or wrong strategies like they should have any fucking say in it. just don't throw your money at it and walk. its that simple. If you think you can do it better. nobody is holding you back either.

I don't see that as any sort of compromise.  They still have all the money up front and all we have is hope for a product.  No contractual obligations... Nothing.

I'm sorry but I don't see any rational explanation for requiring all the money up front instead of staged investment phases.  It instills faith in investors both that development will continue, and that no one is likely to run off with 2500 BTC on the community.  It's not just 2500 BTC either.  If something did happen and funds disappeared all or in part, then XC would likely completely collapse as a result costing XC investors of the coin itself everything.  Not to mention all participating coins likely being crippled or dead as well.  There is a lot more at stake than just the share funds here.

I think it is irrational that fundraising wouldn't be done in the most trustworthy and confidence building way possible, and I'm sorry but "pony up all the cash first" doesn't cut it on a scale of this value.

I and anyone can choose to invest or not, but before you argue as an apologist for their proposed fund raising plan think about the stakes not only for the raised funds but for all the coins involved and all the people who have money invested in them.  Then think about the crypto community in general.  There is enough at stake here that these devs can do a little extra work and wait a little extra time to rake in 10,000,000 shares worth of coins.

It boggles my mind that people wouldn't want their investment risk to be minimized in this way.

_______

"TheGer, I've read your posts regarding the 2500 BTC fund and understand where you're coming from. However, they've already stated that they're looking into the possibility of only releasing the funds intermittently based on certain milestones being accomplished. This would be a good compromise imo."

policymaker

Activity: 210

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 11:16:58 AM

Thank you for ur input, your findings are quite interesting.

Concerning your worries about the 2,5k BTC, there is only 1, more than sufficient answer to them: 2,5k BTC is the MAX value of the ITO, if people decide it aint worth the risk and invest 1k btc or 500 btc in it then thats it, the rest of the tokens just get destroyed. IF they had like 1,5k minimum amount, then you should be worrying. If the community decides its worth the 2,5k BTC, then it is. If you dont or cant put more than 0,00025 btc in it, and your worries realise, then gz, your smarter than 99% of the community

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT
TheGer

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 11:29:27 AM

How does ROI enter into this if funds are gathered in staggered offerings or all at once.  It doesn't.  Hmm actually wait it just might.  Let's examine a possibility.

500,000 shares offered initially to start development.  All coins sell out as the lower risk of fraud make people feel it unlikely that smaller amount of funds will be stolen or sold without product development.

Development starts
Regular updates done
First operational product with most basic feature(s) working

Market Exchange price has increased do to investor confidence in development by 20%

Stage 2 fund raising - 1,000,000 shares sold at market value (or slightly less) of .0003

Development continues
Features added and tested successfully
Concerted ad campaign

Market Exchange price has increased 15% due to continued confidence and new investor influx.

Stage 3 fund raising - 2,000,000 shares sold at market value of .000345

Ect... until 10,000,000 are sold.

Not only does this method allow a larger investment base over time it generates more income as the price rises due to successful development.  It also instills great confidence not only in initial investors but any future investors will see the road travelled so far and know their funds are going to a stable and established project.  Doing it all in one shot will turn a lot of people off and will hurt investment funds as it was stated that once the ITO is over no new shares will ever be created.  Trying to collect everything up front with no product will net you less funds than staggered fund raising.

You will sell less shares(likely at a lesser price as well)
You will not be able to offer shares again down the road(as per your plans)

"the higher the risk the higher the possible roi or loss."

the higher the risk the higher the possible roi or loss. some are willing to take the risk some don't . i don't get the problem since nobody is forced to invest into the blocknet or anything else here. don't you guys get how investing works. check the variables and decide yes or no. whats all the bitching about. not only with blocknet. 50% of this forum are complaining about ito policies or wrong strategies like they should have any fucking say in it. just don't throw your money at it and walk. its that simple. If you think you can do it better. nobody is holding you back either.

_______

reebokasss

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 11:38:50 AM

maybe dumping is finished Smiley market on bittrex are very calm now.

LD2164

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 11:51:33 AM

Ger your concerns are valid and healthy ones to have in this dodgy crypto world...

That said, you are also new here.  If I have it correct you jumped ship from SDC a little while back when they pulled out of blocknet.

I haven't got the same concerns you do, because I have been here from the beginning, and always have/still do trust the team.

Dan and the rest of the team have never let me/us down, and XC development has been handled 100% professionally for the past 6 months now.  If Dan was pulling a long-con of building trust among his own and other coin's communities, only to shaft us at this point in the ITO of another ground-breaking tech achievement, I would be really, really surprised.

I could believe in the possibility of this though, but it is a risk I have factored into my investment strategy.

My investment ratios:  Gold -1, XC - 1.5, silver - 2

In this I have factored in the following risk:
0.1% chance XC never produces all the promised tech.
0.5% chance XC never goes open source

1% chance some powerful nation state will/has develop(ed) a machine that can produce Gold from Copper.

5-10% chance silver is replaced by another metal in its industrial applications.

I don't believe in God, so I have invested 0 time and energy in prayer.
But I do also accept that there may be a solid 33% chance that I go to hell.

No investment is a 100% sure thing, unless you are one of the big banks pulling the strings behind your own investments...

As far as reasons to doubt Dan/XC/Blocknet:
NONE that I know of, and I have read every word in the XC ANN (the first 1 and the 2nd) including most of the troll comments which have probably been deleted by now.

I'll repeat this: 6 months in and still zero reason to complain...
This is the pattern: Dan says he will do something --> he does it --> it is thoroughly tested --> it works great.

Good luck with all your future investments.

I don't see that as any sort of compromise.  They still have all the money up front and all we have is hope for a product.  No contractual obligations... Nothing.

I'm sorry but I don't see any rational explanation for requiring all the money up front instead of staged investment phases.  It instills faith in investors both that development will continue, and that no one is likely to run off with 2500 BTC on the community.  It's not just 2500 BTC either.  If something did happen and funds disappeared all or in part, then XC would likely completely collapse as a result costing XC investors of the coin itself everything.  Not to mention all participating coins likely being crippled or dead as well.  There is a lot more at stake than just the share funds here.

I and anyone can choose to invest or not, but before you argue as an apologist for their proposed fund raising plan think about the stakes not only for the raised funds but for all the coins involved and all the people who have money invested in them.  Then think about the crypto community in general.  There is enough at stake here that these devs can do a little extra work and wait a little extra time to rake in 10,000,000 shares worth of coins.

_______

There was a 50k block transferred to Bittrex a cpl days ago.  You can plainly see 1-2k coins being placed for sale over and over once they are sold the cycle repeats.  Once this guy dumps all his coins it will stabilize.  If he's dumping to hurt the coin then he must be butthurt that it is not staying down very long.  It always manages to push itself back up to between 90-100k before he tries it again.

We may see this continue for a day or 2 I haven't been keeping track of how many thousands of coins are being sold.  There appear to be more than enough willing buyers though so that bodes well.

_______

mav137

Activity: 163

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 12:02:57 PM

Maybe it's doesnt matter that we as XC holders have faith. It's also about seeking unity in the approach with the community. Yes the blocknet can potentially bind all altcoins together. This unites the coins since there has been much negativity amongst the holders of various coins.
There also has been a lot of fraud and deception. I actually trust these guys with more money then I ever imagined putting on stake with people I don't know and a proces that I have limited influence on. But to me it's a gut feeling. If the shit hits the fan, it's gonna be a very very tough lesson and i probably will never but any money in altcoins or potential world changing tech anymore.
That is also the point of TheGer

We can set a great example here of listening to the community and showing our best intentions. If there are easy manageable trustful ways of escrowing the funds with a milestone agenda, I would prefer that option too. And certainly not out of distrust.
mav137

Activity: 163

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 12:05:40 PM

In other words, the blocknet can bind the various coin communities AND set an example of being a trustfull foundation listening to the community (which is also a big thing in crypto)
TheGer

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 12:29:44 PM

You are correct about getting out of SDC, but you are incorrect about being new to XC.  I have had  a decent amount of XC staking for quite some time(it is my largest holding) and I consider it one of the most stable coins out there with a bright outlook.  That being said, I am holding their feet to the fire and not following on blind faith because "they haven't let me down yet".  

Shelling out money on blind faith and hope in the crypto world is why people are getting taken by scams all the time here.  If we set an example of how things should be done we can change things.  You can't live real life handing out wads of money and hoping for the best, and crypto shouldn't be like that either.  Push for the changes you want, don't just go along with what some "respected" guy thinks is proper.

"That said, you are also new here.  If I have it correct you jumped ship from SDC a little while back when they pulled out of blocknet."

Ger your concerns are valid and healthy ones to have in this dodgy crypto world...

That said, you are also new here.  If I have it correct you jumped ship from SDC a little while back when they pulled out of blocknet.

I haven't got the same concerns you do, because I have been here from the beginning, and always have/still do trust the team.

Dan and the rest of the team have never let me/us down, and XC development has been handled 100% professionally for the past 6 months now.  If Dan was pulling a long-con of building trust among his own and other coin's communities, only to shaft us at this point in the ITO of another ground-breaking tech achievement, I would be really, really surprised.

I could believe in the possibility of this though, but it is a risk I have factored into my investment strategy.

My investment ratios:  Gold -1, XC - 1.5, silver - 2

In this I have factored in the following risk:
0.1% chance XC never produces all the promised tech.
0.5% chance XC never goes open source

1% chance some powerful nation state will/has develop(ed) a machine that can produce Gold from Copper.

5-10% chance silver is replaced by another metal in its industrial applications.

I don't believe in God, so I have invested 0 time and energy in prayer.
But I do also accept that there may be a solid 33% chance that I go to hell.

No investment is a 100% sure thing, unless you are one of the big banks pulling the strings behind your own investments...

As far as reasons to doubt Dan/XC/Blocknet:
NONE that I know of, and I have read every word in the XC ANN (the first 1 and the 2nd) including most of the troll comments which have probably been deleted by now.

I'll repeat this: 6 months in and still zero reason to complain...
This is the pattern: Dan says he will do something --> he does it --> it is thoroughly tested --> it works great.

Good luck with all your future investments.

_______

_______

the_game1224

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 01:06:17 PM

You are correct about getting out of SDC, but you are incorrect about being new to XC.  I have had  a decent amount of XC staking for quite some time(it is my largest holding) and I consider it one of the most stable coins out there with a bright outlook.  That being said, I am holding their feet to the fire and not following on blind faith because "they haven't let me down yet".  

Shelling out money on blind faith and hope in the crypto world is why people are getting taken by scams all the time here.  If we set an example of how things should be done we can change things.  You can't live real life handing out wads of money and hoping for the best, and crypto shouldn't be like that either.  Push for the changes you want, don't just go along with what some "respected" guy thinks is proper.

Well put, I fall into the same category.
reebokasss

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 01:22:39 PM

we can see 100k on bittrex sell orders, i think it will be psichological line where we will start to rise again Smiley my pridiction - 170k till 29th of october.

Mountaingoat

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 01:23:47 PM

Rainbow goat:
Pages: « 1 ... 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 [1524] 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: