Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 01:38:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 [1525] 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483649 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 01:28:32 PM

How does ROI enter into this if funds are gathered in staggered offerings or all at once.  It doesn't.  Hmm actually wait it just might.  Let's examine a possibility.

500,000 shares offered initially to start development.  All coins sell out as the lower risk of fraud make people feel it unlikely that smaller amount of funds will be stolen or sold without product development.

Development starts
Regular updates done
First operational product with most basic feature(s) working

Market Exchange price has increased do to investor confidence in development by 20%

Stage 2 fund raising - 1,000,000 shares sold at market value (or slightly less) of .0003

Development continues
Features added and tested successfully
Concerted ad campaign

Market Exchange price has increased 15% due to continued confidence and new investor influx.

Stage 3 fund raising - 2,000,000 shares sold at market value of .000345

Ect... until 10,000,000 are sold.

Not only does this method allow a larger investment base over time it generates more income as the price rises due to successful development.  It also instills great confidence not only in initial investors but any future investors will see the road travelled so far and know their funds are going to a stable and established project.  Doing it all in one shot will turn a lot of people off and will hurt investment funds as it was stated that once the ITO is over no new shares will ever be created.  Trying to collect everything up front with no product will net you less funds than staggered fund raising.

You will sell less shares(likely at a lesser price as well)
You will not be able to offer shares again down the road(as per your plans)

"the higher the risk the higher the possible roi or loss."

the higher the risk the higher the possible roi or loss. some are willing to take the risk some don't . i don't get the problem since nobody is forced to invest into the blocknet or anything else here. don't you guys get how investing works. check the variables and decide yes or no. whats all the bitching about. not only with blocknet. 50% of this forum are complaining about ito policies or wrong strategies like they should have any fucking say in it. just don't throw your money at it and walk. its that simple. If you think you can do it better. nobody is holding you back either.

I don't see that as any sort of compromise.  They still have all the money up front and all we have is hope for a product.  No contractual obligations... Nothing.

I'm sorry but I don't see any rational explanation for requiring all the money up front instead of staged investment phases.  It instills faith in investors both that development will continue, and that no one is likely to run off with 2500 BTC on the community.  It's not just 2500 BTC either.  If something did happen and funds disappeared all or in part, then XC would likely completely collapse as a result costing XC investors of the coin itself everything.  Not to mention all participating coins likely being crippled or dead as well.  There is a lot more at stake than just the share funds here.

I think it is irrational that fundraising wouldn't be done in the most trustworthy and confidence building way possible, and I'm sorry but "pony up all the cash first" doesn't cut it on a scale of this value.

I and anyone can choose to invest or not, but before you argue as an apologist for their proposed fund raising plan think about the stakes not only for the raised funds but for all the coins involved and all the people who have money invested in them.  Then think about the crypto community in general.  There is enough at stake here that these devs can do a little extra work and wait a little extra time to rake in 10,000,000 shares worth of coins.

It boggles my mind that people wouldn't want their investment risk to be minimized in this way.

_______

"TheGer, I've read your posts regarding the 2500 BTC fund and understand where you're coming from. However, they've already stated that they're looking into the possibility of only releasing the funds intermittently based on certain milestones being accomplished. This would be a good compromise imo."

There was a 50k block transferred to Bittrex a cpl days ago.  You can plainly see 1-2k coins being placed for sale over and over once they are sold the cycle repeats.  Once this guy dumps all his coins it will stabilize.  If he's dumping to hurt the coin then he must be butthurt that it is not staying down very long.  It always manages to push itself back up to between 90-100k before he tries it again.

We may see this continue for a day or 2 I haven't been keeping track of how many thousands of coins are being sold.  There appear to be more than enough willing buyers though so that bodes well.

*** On a side not to Blocknet why don't you poll the community and see what the best method they think is for fundraising(ie. what will instill the best confidence among investors thus bringing in the most funds).

Options could be posted in this thread and then polled(using website poll feature) after a day or 2 of ideas being fronted.

i think 100k now will be psichological line.. hope to see some big rise on 29th of october

Agree with your sentiments regarding the price action the last few days. Every time the price looks to be heading towards 0.001 another 1-3k is added to the sell wall. No one can say what his/her motive is, could just be part of their exit strategy but eventually they'll run out. Dan has been over delivering the past few days steadily improving XChat with each and every update. This, combined with the soon to be released mobile wallet, should return a lot investor confidence back in Dan's commitment to the project (this is imo opinion why the price has dropped so much). Hopefully that will see XC rise to the pre-Blocknet announcement price of .0013 -.0015. FWIW I've been pretty much wrong with all my other predictions! Grin

Also I believe there is a huge lack of new investors coming aboard. Very low buy support and a couple whales dumping are major factor in this price drop imo. Hopefully the upcoming PR to go along with the new mobile wallet release will attract some new investors.

TheGer, I've read your posts regarding the 2500 BTC fund and understand where you're coming from. However, they've already stated that they're looking into the possibility of only releasing the funds intermittently based on certain milestones being accomplished. This would be a good compromise imo.

I like the idea of rounds of investment gives later birds a chance to get in as well.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
KimmyF

Activity: 978
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 01:50:00 PM

my 2 XCents about the current selling ....

I see only one answer in the chain, combined with info from private talks with some early adaptors, following BCT daily & came to the conclusion that the current development, eg: selling of big stacks, is a positive move for XC.

Nobody can deny that there are some big holders of XC that started really early, a time when XC was viewed as and only compared to just any other coin & we had several coins like that a day. They just gambled this this one would maybe hit the big time. This is way before the FUD started about identity (who is this dev) & the team was still anonymous & a lot smaller.  Just people that had the hardware or rented it to mine this coin in an early stage. They got more coins than most of us can dream of (i consider 100K up a minimum for this group) Think those people viewed XC at the time as just any other coin, based on the market view at that moment and they holded a long time waiting for the 'change' they where used to. But at the same time they based there decision to hold on old principles, a new promising coin. Then a (seen from an alt-coin world perspective) a strange time started, XC was different, it was not run like any other coin but from the start it was run like a business, think a lot of the early adaptors never saw something like that before.

As more time went by the bigger the difference with the rest of the altcoin market grew. My analyses shows just one thing: Early adaptors (maybe not sure what to expect from current moves) are covering there initial costs, all coins that are sold atm are linked directly to the POW stage. Even with a price below 100K they have a nice profit & there stacks are big enough to sell part and still hold enough to be considered rich if all works out. Same time more and more new XC holders enter the arena and place there new bought coins for staking off the exchanges.

Distribution is improving a lot atm, think most, if not all exchanges are tapping into there cold storage to handle all the withdraws.
Maybe the price will drop even more but the rate distribution is improving is 'out of this world'

I know, just my 2 cents and maybe/probably some of you will call me crazy. The funny part is that i do have a site ready to deploy backing the statements above but atm im just not willing to spend >200XC a month on hosting costs. I will be broke within a year if i do that.

Im holding the coins i bought to late while at the same time feeling i missed an opportunity to mine this coin early on (had my miner shut down when XC was in POW stage coz of overall bad ROI) and am waiting for the completion of at least rev 2.5 and the public bounties/reviews to crack XC anon solution, confidence that XC will win. Then i have enough to run this site years in a row, just on POS rewards.

atcsecure

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 02:08:15 PM

I am not a linux guru, but is it possible to run the tor/tails client environment and then pull from github the latest linux wallets on it ?  So technically we can update our our torstick desktops ?

Yes there will be a solution to update the torsticks through a .deb package

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
mav137

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 02:09:46 PM

thanks for sharing, but why not wait a few days longer? Why dump now and in trow back a ascending trend under 100k with 2btc chunks of XC? It's a steady trend upward until it's pushed back again. If I was getting ROI on mining, i'd wait a little bit longer.. also the price was higher for a while.. Why not sell then?
jibble

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 02:11:50 PM

my 2 XCents about the current selling ....

I see only one answer in the chain, combined with info from private talks with some early adaptors, following BCT daily & came to the conclusion that the current development, eg: selling of big stacks, is a positive move for XC.

Nobody can deny that there are some big holders of XC that started really early, a time when XC was viewed as and only compared to just any other coin & we had several coins like that a day. They just gambled this this one would maybe hit the big time. This is way before the FUD started about identity (who is this dev) & the team was still anonymous & a lot smaller.  Just people that had the hardware or rented it to mine this coin in an early stage. They got more coins than most of us can dream of (i consider 100K up a minimum for this group) Think those people viewed XC at the time as just any other coin, based on the market view at that moment and they holded a long time waiting for the 'change' they where used to. But at the same time they based there decision to hold on old principles, a new promising coin. Then a (seen from an alt-coin world perspective) a strange time started, XC was different, it was not run like any other coin but from the start it was run like a business, think a lot of the early adaptors never saw something like that before.

As more time went by the bigger the difference with the rest of the altcoin market grew. My analyses shows just one thing: Early adaptors (maybe not sure what to expect from current moves) are covering there initial costs, all coins that are sold atm are linked directly to the POW stage. Even with a price below 100K they have a nice profit & there stacks are big enough to sell part and still hold enough to be considered rich if all works out. Same time more and more new XC holders enter the arena and place there new bought coins for staking off the exchanges.

Distribution is improving a lot atm, think most, if not all exchanges are tapping into there cold storage to handle all the withdraws.
Maybe the price will drop even more but the rate distribution is improving is 'out of this world'

I know, just my 2 cents and maybe/probably some of you will call me crazy. The funny part is that i do have a site ready to deploy backing the statements above but atm im just not willing to spend >200XC a month on hosting costs. I will be broke within a year if i do that.

Im holding the coins i bought to late while at the same time feeling i missed an opportunity to mine this coin early on (had my miner shut down when XC was in POW stage coz of overall bad ROI) and am waiting for the completion of at least rev 2.5 and the public bounties/reviews to crack XC anon solution, confidence that XC will win. Then i have enough to run this site years in a row, just on POS rewards.

if i pay you the hosting for the year can it be up and running soon?
The-C-Word

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 02:32:00 PM

How does ROI enter into this if funds are gathered in staggered offerings or all at once.  It doesn't.  Hmm actually wait it just might.  Let's examine a possibility.

500,000 shares offered initially to start development.  All coins sell out as the lower risk of fraud make people feel it unlikely that smaller amount of funds will be stolen or sold without product development.

Development starts
Regular updates done

Market Exchange price has increased do to investor confidence in development by 20%

Stage 2 fund raising - 1,000,000 shares sold at market value (or slightly less) of .0003

Development continues
Concerted ad campaign

Market Exchange price has increased 15% due to continued confidence and new investor influx.

Not only does this method allow a larger investment base over time it generates more income as the price rises due to successful development.  It also instills great confidence not only in initial investors but any future investors will see the road travelled so far and know their funds are going to a stable and established project.  Doing it all in one shot will turn a lot of people off and will hurt investment funds as it was stated that once the ITO is over no new shares will ever be created.  Trying to collect everything up front with no product will net you less funds than staggered fund raising.

the higher the risk the higher the possible roi or loss. some are willing to take the risk some don't . i don't get the problem since nobody is forced to invest into the blocknet or anything else here. don't you guys get how investing works. check the variables and decide yes or no. whats all the bitching about. not only with blocknet. 50% of this forum are complaining about ito policies or wrong strategies like they should have any fucking say in it. just don't throw your money at it and walk. its that simple. If you think you can do it better. nobody is holding you back either.

I don't see that as any sort of compromise.  They still have all the money up front and all we have is hope for a product.  No contractual obligations... Nothing.

I'm sorry but I don't see any rational explanation for requiring all the money up front instead of staged investment phases.  It instills faith in investors both that development will continue, and that no one is likely to run off with 2500 BTC on the community.  It's not just 2500 BTC either.  If something did happen and funds disappeared all or in part, then XC would likely completely collapse as a result costing XC investors of the coin itself everything.  Not to mention all participating coins likely being crippled or dead as well.  There is a lot more at stake than just the share funds here.

I think it is irrational that fundraising wouldn't be done in the most trustworthy and confidence building way possible, and I'm sorry but "pony up all the cash first" doesn't cut it on a scale of this value.

I and anyone can choose to invest or not, but before you argue as an apologist for their proposed fund raising plan think about the stakes not only for the raised funds but for all the coins involved and all the people who have money invested in them.  Then think about the crypto community in general.  There is enough at stake here that these devs can do a little extra work and wait a little extra time to rake in 10,000,000 shares worth of coins.

It boggles my mind that people wouldn't want their investment risk to be minimized in this way.

I like the idea, but any change to the ITO's structure at this stage would place the project in a precarious situation. Not only would the team need to re-inform all potential investors in a short amount of time, but the team's image would draw further criticism in terms of planning, organization, and legitimacy. It'd be one heck of a balancing act that may or may not pay off.
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 02:49:04 PM

Blocknet proof of developer is done

http://www.coinssource.com/trust-index/blocknet-block/

(Which is a bit funny really, considering this: http://xc-official.com/xcurrency-code-reviews-the-de-facto-standard-of-legitimacy-among-altcoins.html)

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
joebob999

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 02:54:37 PM

From the linked article.

Blocknet includes multiple developers, but ultimately Dan is the mastermind behind his platform.

This is another way of saying "Dans primary focus will be on BlockNET"

How can you say "Blocknet is a genius idea worth 2500 bitcoins.  And will take a genius to build.  And that genius is Dan.  But it won't slow down XC (Dan's current primary project) at all?"
G-Bert

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 02:59:41 PM

I think what people were after was POD for all the other developers from the other coins. We already know/trust Dan!

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
spookycoins

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 03:01:15 PM

Just picked up 275 more XC, but it took forever because damn bittrex bots kept trying to sell small/random amounts immediately after I made each single buy. Oh well, cheap coins.

That's me on twitter --> @spookycoins
TheGer

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 03:14:06 PM

Development starts
Regular updates done

Development continues
Concerted ad campaign

I like the idea, but any change to the ITO's structure at this stage would place the project in a precarious situation. Not only would the team need to re-inform all potential investors in a short amount of time, but the team's image would draw further criticism in terms of planning, organization, and legitimacy. It'd be one heck of a balancing act that may or may not pay off.

Umm, no.  This thing has barely been announced 2 days there is nothing holding the devs back from restructuring it.  A simple "after deliberating, and taking into account concerns of the community we have decided to restructure initial funding.... blah blah blah..."

Do you really think anyone is going to complain about a safer, more reasonable, and in my opinion more beneficial method of funding for both parties?  Except people looking to troll no matter what ofcourse.  As I suggested before perhaps a BCT poll would gather the feelings of the community on this matter.
the_game1224

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 03:15:35 PM

I think what people were after was POD for all the other developers from the other coins. We already know/trust Dan!

This
YESEYEneedDIGI

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 03:23:32 PM

I did sell out earlier around 5K however have just bought back in, out of all the alts XC Currency stands out to me as a candidate which will carry through to the main stream.  I think though now, we have been patient enough and it is time to move into mainstream.  A serious investor should consider offering material products of value in exchange for XC Rather than purchasing XC Outright..... Makes sense right.  I think it would be much more beneficial as an example.  Let's say i want to Buy into XC Currency with 100000$  Rather than buy outright, how about i buy 200 Iphones and sell them for XC?

The whole Crytpo Net is just a easier way for Pump and Dump Ducks to Quack the market and initiate a high surf with the pricing.

The first gravy train has left and gone never to be seen again, the next train is yet to depart and the station is still not yet a certainty.

There is so much much rubbish out there now i think the dev is underestimating the brand awareness value avhived thus far.  Dark coin is not going anywhere long term, people need to eat but crypto with wierd names is to spicy for them.  Spruce up the website, use a investors leverage and start selling decent products on your accepting XC.

Time to put my feet up in my log cabin in the middle of nowhere and actually think outside the tech bubble.  I'm more than ready to spend XC online, that's for sure.

JakeThePanda

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 03:25:31 PM

Since HAL has imploded you may want to scratch that from your list of marketing tools.  Just my 2 XC.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 03:59:40 PM

Since HAL has imploded you may want to scratch that from your list of marketing tools.  Just my 2 XC.

I don't know... I think it's ok. Dan did a code review, not a general long-term feasibility review.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 04:02:51 PM

I don't know... I think it's ok. Dan did a code review, not a general long-term feasibility review.

True.  On the other hand, you are showing a price chart to prove your point so it can be a little misleading.  I'll end the conversation there.
Mountaingoat

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 04:04:00 PM

What does proof of developer mean?

Does that just mean that it is proven that the developer is who he says he is?
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 04:08:41 PM

What does proof of developer mean?

Does that just mean that it is proven that the developer is who he says he is?

Yes. It signifies that he's gone public with his identity and has therefore staked his reputation on the ethical management of funds for the project.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 04:11:29 PM

Hello,

I am unable to withdraw XC from mintpal...Any one has the same problem with XC in mintpal and what can I do to get them back?

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
Dungor

Activity: 178

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 04:11:35 PM

From the linked article.

Blocknet includes multiple developers, but ultimately Dan is the mastermind behind his platform.

This is another way of saying "Dans primary focus will be on BlockNET"

How can you say "Blocknet is a genius idea worth 2500 bitcoins.  And will take a genius to build.  And that genius is Dan.  But it won't slow down XC (Dan's current primary project) at all?"

Honestly, how can you still not understand the simplicity in BlockNET from a technical viewpoint?
It is a one time development of an API that can connect the coins, with very little maintenance afterwards.
Let me explain it in "human" terms, imagine that you have a city. In that city there are several shops. Some are shady, some have a good renommé. One of the shops with a good renommé decides that it is gonna build a mall. The shop invites other shops with a good renommé to join him in this shopping mall, but only shops that he can vouch for.
To fund the building of this shopping mall he creates shares. The shares are entitled to rent, in this case the shops decides that rent should be a small % of revenue.

You might have heard this in your local paper, but do you know what happens to the other shops in a city where there is build a mall? They DIE. People will go where they have options, that is the primus motor of capitalism OPTIONS/Choice.

So will the BlockNET benefit XC? BlockNET will enable the average consumer that is new to bitcoin to flirt with altcoin services all in one safe place. (like an android market or iStore).

Will BlockNET take away from XC development time? It has been stated that Xbridge is build on XC-tech, in that case most of the developement is already done.

Will BlockNET be a good investment? That depends on if someone will buy at a higher price that you did, like with everything else. But it also depends on how much "rent" it can cash in.

Will XC benefit from BlockNET? Yes! where is the money?! in the app-stores or in the non-legit apps for your phone? Ever wondered why restaurants and barber shops are so close to each other? Hotellings law(Nash equilibrium) is part of that why, but also because they benefit each other by making the customers first choice easy, where should i go shop? after that the question is, what am I in the mood for.

It is not the Product that is being sold, it is the problem that is being provided a solution to, it is all about enhancing the customer experience.

/end rant

XChat XZFT9YxW9Uhv4R5yoWgUmYhAzqP5qVuZp8
Public Key 288p7Jom8LvQ1UNVgc7H7wzpZoQkqLdtqfR7Ls4Bgo3Mz
Pages: « 1 ... 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 [1525] 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: