Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:45:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Unmoderated XC thread  (Read 57169 times)
Slaxt

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Gone......

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:25:22 PM

WHERE is the peer review for Darksend?
What code do you suspect Evan of copying?
EXACTLY... He could have copied everything or even have hidden mining code for himself.   Who would know without a PEER REVIEW??

Copied everything? From who? DarkSend was the first decentralized implementation. There was no other. That's precisely how you would know.

DarkSend =/= Open Source, DarkSend =/= Peer Review

TC is the worse thing to happen to default, needs to open his eyes and not jump to conclusions, not everyone lies!!! Anyway as promised I have left, pass word changed to long random which I will forget like that plonker who ruined a perfectly fine account.
TsuyokuNaritai (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:25:36 PM

HOW ABOUT DARKSEND REVIEW???
Evan invented many things, some already copied by other cryptos such as X11 and Dark Gravity Well. There's no denying the innovation.

There is a question as to how much innovation XC has or whether it's fundamentally a pumped-up copycoin.

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:26:21 PM

Darkcoin dev must peer review darksend code to see if it's not a copycat of Fedora...

If you bothered to do some research you will know that is exactly what will happen. and then it will be made available to everyone who will go on to clone it and create more scams.
ReRunRod

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:27:00 PM

EXACTLY... He could have copied everything or even have hidden mining code for himself.   Who would know without a PEER REVIEW??

Copied everything? From who? DarkSend was the first decentralized implementation. There was no other. That's precisely how you would know.

Github Wink

Can't make coding without it. Maybe I should link this thread to the Github community about coding.
tat123

Activity: 261

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 11:27:21 PM

Are you implying something?  Where is the peer review for Darksend? I OWN xc and drk. Fair is fair.

Whats fair? dark didn't demand a review of xc's code. The xc community did.

Well as a holder of drk... i would like a peer review.

You represent the entire community?

I knew you would say that. I own XC and DRK. As a private investor i would like to know both are legit. I trust Evan, but what is good for the goose, is good for the gander. But i will leave it at that since I respect AlexGR comments.
ReRunRod

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:27:58 PM

HOW ABOUT DARKSEND REVIEW???
Evan invented many things, some already copied by other cryptos such as X11 and Dark Gravity Well. There's no denying the innovation.

There is a question as to how much innovation XC has or whether it's fundamentally a pumped-up copycoin.

Okay, BTC started the ball for all this to happen. What's your point?
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:28:02 PM

=>

- RC2 (magic numbers changed to darkcoin, DGW3) : May 14th
- RC2 (masternode payments) : May 25th
- RC3 (10 DRK limit and denominated change) : June 14th
- After this, I'll find someone to vet the code and open source.
- RC4 (Bugs, security issues)
- Testing, then opensource

The masternode issues and the 3rd fork for the 25th actually messed up the schedule. I've been rewriting much of the code masternode technology (released yesterday, if you haven't updated please do!)

There's still some oddities with the election voting system that I'm going to tackle this next week. This I'll start working again on RC3 .

It's in the development plan. Expect delays though due to May 25 issues.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:28:39 PM

Github Wink

Can't make coding without it. Maybe I should link this thread to the Github community about coding.

go for it. put some pressure on to get darksend release.

then you can stuff it in the fucking xc scam and complete the cloning.
sin242

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:29:02 PM

Are you implying something?  Where is the peer review for Darksend? I OWN xc and drk. Fair is fair.

Whats fair? dark didn't demand a review of xc's code. The xc community did.

Well as a holder of drk... i would like a peer review.

You represent the entire community?

I knew you would say that. I own XC and DRK. As a private investor i would like to know both are legit. I trust Evan, but what is good for the goose, is good for the gander. But i will leave it at that since I respect AlexGR comments.

You just said you trust Evan. What more do you need?

Dark:  Xk9BoVerBd41JCjWQEhnxoowP7YNUK439z
BTC:  1JzPN2h8WGSi7kQeY5wuP4PjVD2hxkHJQM
Slaxt

Gone......

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:29:47 PM

Dark coin dev need peer review or fedora clone

TC is the worse thing to happen to default, needs to open his eyes and not jump to conclusions, not everyone lies!!! Anyway as promised I have left, pass word changed to long random which I will forget like that plonker who ruined a perfectly fine account.
Propulsion

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:31:14 PM

Honest question, just trying to educate myself at the moment.
Does xc have a proof of concept for anonymity?
Can you actually send coins right now anonymously?

yes there is a proof of concept u should start reading this :
http://www.reddit.com/r/XCofficialreddit/comments/26p1z1/some_of_the_tech_going_into_xc_for_the_techsavvy/

So at the moment I can send  coins anonymously with XC?

No you cannot send coins anonymously. This functionality was completely removed from the current release.
The mixer was not working properly and apparently the dev was not able to fix it till now.

Is there a timeline for anonymity to be added to XC?

Dude, this is FUD.  Anonymous transfers work NOW in the wallet.  I am so sick of these trolls.

Then please tell me how can i send coins anonomysly with the current release? The sendfrommixer command was removed, and there is no button to send coins through the mixer.
If you tell me how to do it and it works i will apologize and edit my post.

He said it works through the console.

i just redownloaded the current release linked in the first post.
Code:
22:16:26

{
"version" : "v0.9.1.5x11-coin-1.0",
"protocolversion" : 71002,
"walletversion" : 60000,
"balance" : 0.00000000,
"newmint" : 0.00000000,
"stake" : 0.00000000,
"blocks" : 21956,
"moneysupply" : 5511247.84026700,
"connections" : 2,
"proxy" : "",
"difficulty" : 5205.79639598,
"testnet" : false,
"keypoololdest" : 1401225684,
"keypoolsize" : 101,
"paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
"errors" : ""
}

22:16:36

sendfrommixer

22:16:36

Method not found (code -32601)

damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:31:16 PM

X11coin aka XC was made by loljosh. Some of you may know him, some of you may not. Anyway, he's paid to make alt coins(see his thread)

Some coins he has made are: Synccoin, Cinni, Whitecoin, and X11coin.

Those coins have been made by 1 person, loljosh, as the devs themselves(claim to be devs) dont have any understanding of the actual coding, check their history posts as well, they never answer direct questions about anything technical..

I'm sorry for stakeholders/bagholders on those coins, but x11coin is just another coingen coin if you mean, with just advanced features. (coingen is a website that creates alt coins for 0.1 btc, loljosh makes better alt coins for 0.4 btc)

Your credibility is shit and you possibly have one of the worst trust ratings I have ever seen.  It would or could be more believable if you have made a new account and posted this.  

The amount of scam complaints against you are hilarious and yet you claim XC is a scam?
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:33:13 PM

X11coin aka XC was made by loljosh. Some of you may know him, some of you may not. Anyway, he's paid to make alt coins(see his thread)

Those coins have been made by 1 person, loljosh, as the devs themselves(claim to be devs) dont have any understanding of the actual coding, check their history posts as well, they never answer direct questions about anything technical..

I'm sorry for stakeholders/bagholders on those coins, but x11coin is just another coingen coin if you mean, with just advanced features. (coingen is a website that creates alt coins for 0.1 btc, loljosh makes better alt coins for 0.4 btc)

Your credibility is shit and you possibly have one of the worst trust ratings I have ever seen.  It would or could be more believable if you have made a new account and posted this.  

The amount of scam complaints against you are hilarious and yet you claim XC is a scam?

ok

I CLAIM ITS A FUCKING SCAM.
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:34:00 PM

XC is a shitcoin, plain and simple. The dev made a useless centralized coin mixer, threw in the word "paradigm" a few times, and now he gets to cash in his premine.

LOL... kinda hard to cash in when the premied address is public...

http://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/address.dws?26.htm

Do you KNOW where the premine/instamine for DRK is?!?!?  HUH?

ballzdeep

Activity: 193

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:34:08 PM

ok

Dat sig Smiley

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:34:29 PM

ok

I CLAIM YOU ARE A SCAM???  (NO PROOF)   See how that works??

megges

Activity: 371

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:35:18 PM

Github Wink

the big difference is eduffield knows how to use a repository, so you can check in the public repository what he has done. (darksend is closed source for now) but the dgw alone has proven he is capable of coding.

atcsecure didn't even bother to use a real repository, or he doesn't know how ...

tip me! Tongue XtSrWch1U3BsTBFBHj7acTTzxFo1fy5BMa
CryptoPleb

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:35:50 PM

People asking for a darksend peer review, yeah its not gonna happen, you know why? because unlike your dev, Evan doesn't care about the price at this point in time, or about people talking on forums, hes too busy getting shit done.
Jacques de Molay

Activity: 339

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:36:33 PM

Wow look at all the butthurt children around, whats the matter lose some shine on your precious 50% instamined coin ?

Whatever can be used as fud will be.  All it is, is a bunch of he said , she said.  We get it, you are scared, jealous and flat out pissed off that after many many months drk devs havent delivered shit but empty promises and PR.  

Also the Devs of XC will NEVER EVER ask for your wallet.dat but it seems to be kosher for the drk devs to ask for it.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg7024511#msg7024511

Mistake or not, people are stupid (if you been reading the drk and xc coin threads where you are bashing each other)

Many people probably fell victim to this "unintentional" scam lately from drk whilst using xc fud to hide the fact.  So not only do the devs want more than 50% from their premine they have potentially duped people into sending them their wallet.dat file.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the mailing list:

Hello,

We're doing research into what caused the blockchain fork and it would
 be incredibly useful if someone by chance still had a daemon on the
 bad fork.

If you do, please zip the ~/.darkcoin folder up and send it to us for
 debugging. We really only need the folders blocks and chainstate.

Thanks!

Darkcoin Team

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Explain that one please ? because that was not a mistake.
Slaxt

Gone......

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:37:00 PM

Github Wink

the big difference is eduffield knows how to use a repository, so you can check in the public repository what he has done. (darksend is closed source for now) but the dgw alone has proven he is capable of coding.

atcsecure didn't even bother to use a real repository, or he doesn't know how ...
Was there a fork with dark coin?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: