Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:50:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Unmoderated XC thread  (Read 57169 times)
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:46:20 PM

Wow look at all the butthurt children around, whats the matter lose some shine on your precious 50% instamined coin ?

Whatever can be used as fud will be.  All it is, is a bunch of he said , she said.  We get it, you are scared, jealous and flat out pissed off that after many many months drk devs havent delivered shit but empty promises and PR.  

Also the Devs of XC will NEVER EVER ask for your wallet.dat but it seems to be kosher for the drk devs to ask for it.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg7024511#msg7024511

Mistake or not, people are stupid (if you been reading the drk and xc coin threads where you are bashing each other)

Many people probably fell victim to this "unintentional" scam lately from drk whilst using xc fud to hide the fact.  So not only do the devs want more than 50% from their premine they have potentially duped people into sending them their wallet.dat file.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the mailing list:

Hello,

We're doing research into what caused the blockchain fork and it would
 be incredibly useful if someone by chance still had a daemon on the
 bad fork.

If you do, please zip the ~/.darkcoin folder up and send it to us for
 debugging. We really only need the folders blocks and chainstate.

Thanks!

Darkcoin Team

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Explain that one please ? because that was not a mistake.

Now you just make stuff up? That doesn't request your wallet, IA specifically said later not to send it, and if it was encrypted properly it wouldn't matter anyway. Also, isn't this thread about XC?

Thread was create by a drk bagholder, its non moderated, dont like ??  gtfo.

I am not making anything up that is a email from drk devs to pool owners,  Drk devs are trying to see who is actually stupid enough to send their wallet.dat without thinking. That is how they are treating you. Thats why you guys are all angry.

its out there this is REAL.

You see that is the difference between xc and drk atm we have facts all you have is hearsay and fud hoping it sticks to the wall.

We know better.

Of course I've already seen that, this is why I asked if you're just making stuff up now. I know the email is real, it's obvious. What is also obvious is that it was not an attempt to get people's wallets. The email was for pool operators; pool operators running daemons. You think they would be stupid enough to send their wallets?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Propulsion

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:47:18 PM

Wow look at all the butthurt children around, whats the matter lose some shine on your precious 50% instamined coin ?

Whatever can be used as fud will be.  All it is, is a bunch of he said , she said.  We get it, you are scared, jealous and flat out pissed off that after many many months drk devs havent delivered shit but empty promises and PR.  

Also the Devs of XC will NEVER EVER ask for your wallet.dat but it seems to be kosher for the drk devs to ask for it.

Mistake or not, people are stupid (if you been reading the drk and xc coin threads where you are bashing each other)

Many people probably fell victim to this "unintentional" scam lately from drk whilst using xc fud to hide the fact.  So not only do the devs want more than 50% from their premine they have potentially duped people into sending them their wallet.dat file.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the mailing list:

Hello,

bad fork.

Thanks!

Darkcoin Team

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sure I'll explain that one. The above email was only sent out to pool operators and technical people who signed up to receive it.
At no point was any newbie or non technical person contacted with the above email.
Jacques de Molay

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:47:35 PM

From the mailing list:

Hello,

bad fork.

Thanks!

Darkcoin Team

Now you just make stuff up? That doesn't request your wallet, IA specifically said later not to send it, and if it was encrypted properly it wouldn't matter anyway. Also, isn't this thread about XC?

I am not making anything up that is a email from drk devs to pool owners,  Drk devs are trying to see who is actually stupid enough to send their wallet.dat without thinking. That is how they are treating you. Thats why you guys are all angry.

You see that is the difference between xc and drk atm we have facts all you have is hearsay and fud hoping it sticks to the wall.

We know better.

lol troll less obvious next time

Get a clue and a real opinion next time. What I said are facts, and all you can do is cry, I filter out dead shits like you when that is the only thing they can say in defense.  So therefore I have listed you as a troll and dumbshit. Good Day.
JGCMiner

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:47:51 PM

WHERE is the peer review for Darksend?

What code do you suspect Evan of copying?

EXACTLY... He could have copied everything or even have hidden mining code for himself.   Who would know without a PEER REVIEW??

DarkCoin is opensource -- nothing is forcing you to use the Darksend version of the wallet which is closed source.  Also it needs no peer review, the Darksend version of the wallet WORKS -- it is just not finished.  

See the dumbest thing ever written on the forum, why is it ok to go to town on one coin but not the COIN YOU HAVE.

Thats the hypocrisy on the forum at the moment.  

Where is XC's WORKING anon software -- show me that and I will retract my statement.  

WHERE is the peer review for Darksend?

What code do you suspect Evan of copying?

EXACTLY... He could have copied everything or even have hidden mining code for himself.   Who would know without a PEER REVIEW??

DarkCoin is opensource -- nothing is forcing you to use the Darksend version of the wallet which is closed source.  Also it needs no peer review, the Darksend version of the wallet WORKS -- it is just not finished.  

See the dumbest thing ever written on the forum, why is it ok to go to town on one coin but not the COIN YOU HAVE.

Thats the hypocrisy on the forum at the moment.  

Lol !!!! So i can disable the rootkit or Trojan and be safe yes ?? Closed source is closed source dont matter if you can put a sign there "I don't want this code to work"

You have the option to not download it and use the open source wallet.  
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:48:41 PM

what if someone does send their wallet to darkcoin dev by mistake.

don't you think they would know how to get hold of him? if they don't know him, he has been all over the fucking news, they would be sent a link in 5 seconds.

this is really lame now. clutching at straws. amatuer night.

I'm fucking out.

good luck with the rest of the scam. you seem to have done pretty well out of it so far. lets hope the Feds don't think its a scam, plenty of them read these threads.
candl

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:48:48 PM

I think this thread needs to be retitled the DRK bashing XC thread....

Also With all the XC bashing going on claiming its all copied from DRK, and since there are so many DRK guys in here maybe you can answer these:

Is DRK's Anonymity 100% NSA proof and fully decentralized?

Has any independent review of the code been done to prove its Anonymity is free from vulnerabilities?

How is the Masternode Situation being fixed and what is the timeframe? ie in regards to securing from hacking as well as addressing the networking issues with denial of service attacks and anonymity when participation is either high or low?

If these issues haven't been proven or fixed yet, when both coins are working with a goal of creating 100%NSA proof Anonymity how can one be entirely copied?

That's it from me but why not just go back to supporting whatever coin you support in a Positive way, instead of bashing each others coins (Especially because I hold both)!

The thread was created to funnel xc discussions from the drk thread and drk discussions from the xc thread. No surprise it results in a lot of bashing.
Jacques de Molay

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:50:42 PM

From the mailing list:

Hello,

bad fork.

Thanks!

Darkcoin Team

We know better.

Of course I've already seen that, this is why I asked if you're just making stuff up now. I know the email is real, it's obvious. What is also obvious is that it was not an attempt to get people's wallets. The email was for pool operators; pool operators running daemons. You think they would be stupid enough to send their wallets?

Such is the drk methods lately, I strongly believe yes this was done on purpose.  No one in their right mind would be stupid enough to ask for the entire folder.  Stop trying to cover their mistakes, they fucked up badly and this i is a nice little distraction right now.  XC hasnt done shit but exist. Drk has fucked up twice now in as many days.  

From the mailing list:

Hello,

bad fork.

Thanks!

Darkcoin Team

Sure I'll explain that one. The above email was only sent out to pool operators and technical people who signed up to receive it.
At no point was any newbie or non technical person contacted with the above email.

Not good enough, you are protecting their little scam.  It happened and its real.  It was no accident.
CryptoPleb

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:51:04 PM

From the mailing list:

Hello,

bad fork.

Thanks!

Darkcoin Team

We know better.

lol troll less obvious next time

Get a clue and a real opinion next time. What I said are facts, and all you can do is cry, I filter out dead shits like you when that is the only thing they can say in defense.  So therefore I have listed you as a troll and dumbshit. Good Day.

heres my real opinion - lol
Abinito

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:53:56 PM

Its not at the moment because of fucking scams like XC. Everything else is a complete fucking rip-off from darkcoin, DarkSend will be too.

Darksend is at heart a basic coin mixer, I thought coin mixers were shit so what's the problem of releasing the source?

Also if there is one ultimate reason to audit the code...is to know that BOTH Evan or Dan aren't fed honey pots

To make something like coinjoin work is problematic for various reasons as it has many weaknesses and requires multiple work-arounds or tradeoffs.

There is a reason why coins that try to do what DRK has done, fail. Libertycoin hired a dev with a bounty and failed. They are assigning it to "chinese software company". XC is just a centralized mixer a la fedoracoin. Who has decentralized mixer? Oh, yes, noone except Darksend.

DarkSend will be opensourced after RC4 + bugfixes. That's the public development plan.

Asic technology company (atcsecure) is racing against the clock. If one cannot code, instead creates fake id to gain some trust, and try to create decentralized coin mixer, what is the chance he can find someone capable doing it? As far as i found, this is nearly impossible in a reasonable timespan...

As Anonymint said: Coinjoin is a can of worms to make it work.

Evan has been trying various versions since February and altering the code continuously so that problems arising in one implementation can be fixed in the next one. There is "somewhat" of an experiential knowledge headstart in this department. If XC dev is legit and he tries to do what he promises to do, expect problems of one sort or the other that will need time to get fixed. It's not something that can be done in a week or two. If the price gets ahead of the product, then people will declare it problematic even if it is in active development.

If you would need to outsource this, what would is cost roughly and could you get it perfect working guaranteed?

Conscia mens recti, famae mendacia ridet.
Jacques de Molay

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:54:17 PM

End of the day its pretty clear that 90% of you have no fucking idea about anything than your own greed.

Darkcoin has been the biggest worst kept secret scam since inception.  You guys just cant deal with it when you are pushed from the pedestal that only YOU claim you are on.

This thread is a prime example of how much it has affected you.  

Flattering really.  But your time is done.  Deal with it, or keep crying and pissing your pants and create threads every few days.  As that IS EXACTLY what you are doing.

None of you have stated any factual information as it is. None of you.
majika

Activity: 64
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:56:34 PM

Hey guys.. FYI.. I taken a look at the closed source X11 coin repository and can be summarized here:  http://cryptopump.info/x11-coin-xc-its-secure-and-unique-mixer-implementation/

There were claims that X11 Coin has used parts of the Fedora source more specifically the mixer.cpp section of the source-tree. I have found this to be untrue, as the code is unique to X11

But until the dev maybe releases Revision#2 of XC I can't comment if that will be made public that decision is up to the development team.
Furthermore, I do not have any affiliation with XC. I took a look out of personal interest in crypto dev in general and spotted some eloquent expressions in the codebase with is why I choose to make my findings public.

get someone with some trusted history to say that.

reach out to the investor who wanted to pay for an independent auditor to check everything. chances are you've lost him.

Well you willing to pay for an audit are you investor, do you code? positive criticism are welcome but wholes sale attack on something you guys not even seen is just arrogant and very immature imho.. also if you ask around in the right places you will find i and a solid guy and not waste time countering BS. The rep is everything in crypto scene which is why i do everything to maintain my rep. Help ppl out when i can, manage communities and help ppl to get into crypto currencies for their first times etc.  whatever my "trusted history" says on here shows..
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:58:27 PM

I think this thread needs to be retitled the DRK bashing XC thread....

Also With all the XC bashing going on claiming its all copied from DRK, and since there are so many DRK guys in here maybe you can answer these:

Is DRK's Anonymity 100% NSA proof and fully decentralized?

Has any independent review of the code been done to prove its Anonymity is free from vulnerabilities?

How is the Masternode Situation being fixed and what is the timeframe? ie in regards to securing from hacking as well as addressing the networking issues with denial of service attacks and anonymity when participation is either high or low?

If these issues haven't been proven or fixed yet, when both coins are working with a goal of creating 100%NSA proof Anonymity how can one be entirely copied?

That's it from me but why not just go back to supporting whatever coin you support in a Positive way, instead of bashing each others coins (Especially because I hold both)!

There is actually something reasonable here. questions about technical development of Darkcoin are valid questions.

good luck with technical questions about XC. you need to research the similarities at the surface level to see what a scam it is.

If XC opened their thread and didn't do a self moderated thread, there would be no reason for people to look for somewhere to question them. i haven't posted on their thread. I have tended to ignore their spamming of the darkcoin thread looking for people to pull into their scam and giving their project some air to fuel their scam fire.

this was set-up as 'uncensored'. a place to let everyone known, IMO, XC is nothing more than a money making machine for those behind it, and not from a positive development view, just a way to get the most money for zero effort and no intentions of doing anything long-term.
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:58:43 PM

End of the day its pretty clear that 90% of you have no fucking idea about anything than your own greed.

Darkcoin has been the biggest worst kept secret scam since inception.  You guys just cant deal with it when you are pushed from the pedestal that only YOU claim you are on.

This thread is a prime example of how much it has affected you.  

Flattering really.  But your time is done.  Deal with it, or keep crying and pissing your pants and create threads every few days.  As that IS EXACTLY what you are doing.

None of you have stated any factual information as it is. None of you.

The thing is, you lying about us not telling the truth didn't make our statements untrue.

On the other hand, you're just really grasping at straws with the whole email thing.
wevus

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Long Term Investor with Short Term Memory Loss

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 11:59:50 PM

This site is entertaining, basically it is the 2 most promising investments in the alt currency world battling over a little bit of pride. IMHO

I love both sides since I invested, mined both coins from the jump street.

Ideally, I would love both coins to join forces, That would definitely put BTC in serious trouble, but anyways carry on with the arguing amongst yourselves.

Divide then conjure.

Peace and chicken grease

XChat: XQ6YhjRgXHuZKPwDTps6J6i8mwdYnXYdtY
Donatations for the starving pigmies: XC XSoc3Eb7u2EwMaqV6jYChHrhdDvtZp6Cap
BTC 1ALk4YtmNTLwAvPZszQvrNwmrUBSUPXNKr
megges

Activity: 371

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:00:27 AM

the source of the first commit is still unknown ...

a quick look shows about 10 lines of code changed, almost just variables, than adding fedora code, removing fedora code, and a few changes to the gui (obv with an editor which not requires coding skills) ...

i guess there is also own code in the first commit, but i cant see it, because its not clear from which coin the codebase was cloned ...

(just a quick view, its late here, perhaps im missing something)

tip me! Tongue XtSrWch1U3BsTBFBHj7acTTzxFo1fy5BMa
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:01:26 AM

Darksend is at heart a basic coin mixer, I thought coin mixers were shit so what's the problem of releasing the source?

Also if there is one ultimate reason to audit the code...is to know that BOTH Evan or Dan aren't fed honey pots

You do realize it's a trustless decentralized coin mixer? Think hard on those two bolded words. It's not basic.
roede94105

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:02:03 AM

Boy, I don't know how this puerile war will end, but this whole drama is even more entertaining than the Wolong Pandacoin scam. Shit is glorious!
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:02:45 AM

the source of the first commit is still unknown ...

a quick look shows about 10 lines of code changed, almost just variables, than adding fedora code, removing fedora code, and a few changes to the gui (obv with an editor which not requires coding skills) ...

i guess there is also own code in the first commit, but i cant see it, because its not clear from which coin the codebase was cloned ...

(just a quick view, its late here, perhaps im missing something)

he is a certified genius to have created so much technology in so little time.
stormia

Activity: 868

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:05:33 AM

This is more dramatic than the Mint vs BC feud was..

Oh, and who the fuck cares about xc. Its name is X11COIN guess which coin invented X11!? Oh, and it is trying to be anonymous? Guess which coin did that first.. So this coin got its algo, its name, and its goal of anonymity from DRK? What a joke. Moderated thread, the website looked like shit until a few days ago, closed source code...
candl

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:06:10 AM

Boy, I don't know how this puerile war will end, but this whole drama is even more entertaining than the Wolong Pandacoin scam. Shit is glorious!

I see similarities. Should have renamed XC to PandaCoin X11. Coincidentally the number woud perfectly reflect the 11th iteration of PandaCoin as there have been so many.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: