Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:37:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Fury/Blizzard tuning and mods  (Read 115219 times)
ZiG

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:08:32 AM

Hi, which git or repository do you have used to compile this CGMINER 4.3.5 with Zeus support?

Thanks W_M

https://github.com/dmaxl/cgminer

What about a link to the latest compiled Windows CGMiner download...?

Thanks,

ZiG

This says cgminer 4.3.5 direct download link....looks like the Windows binary from what I downloaded (contains cgminer.exe and some .dll's)
http://wiki.zeusminer.info/wiki/Software

Thanks, buddy...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 07:54:03 AM

Here's a quick shot of BFGMiner 4.4 running a 256-chip ZeusMiner ASIC:

Make sure you pull the latest code from Git if you have 256 chips or more:

https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 08:23:45 AM

Here's a quick shot of BFGMiner 4.4 running a 256-chip ZeusMiner ASIC:

Make sure you pull the latest code from Git if you have 256 chips or more:

https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer

Specs say the work can be spread over 1024 chips
wolf_miner
Legendary

Activity: 1018
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 11:19:25 AM

Thanks seedtrue, I have compiled CGMINER DMAXL on my CoreDistro and works fine, HW errors has dropped down to 1.5% .

Thanks W_M

Hi, which git or repository do you have used to compile this CGMINER 4.3.5 with Zeus support?

Thanks W_M

https://github.com/dmaxl/cgminer
seedtrue
Legendary

Activity: 963
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 07:27:14 PM

So, I get much better WU with 328 MHZ than 350 for sure.

hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:08:50 PM

What are the chances that the fury / blizzard will be able to mine other coin algo's like x11, x13, x15 etc. with special software in the future?
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:44:55 PM

None.
ASIC = Application Specific Integrated Circuit unless it can be reprogrammed via firmware it is not going to be able to handle those plus it does not have the ram for it.

What are the chances that the fury / blizzard will be able to mine other coin algo's like x11, x13, x15 etc. with special software in the future?

hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:50:58 PM

None.
ASIC = Application Specific Integrated Circuit unless it can be reprogrammed via firmware it is not going to be able to handle those plus it does not have the ram for it.

Thank you thought as much, just wondered Smiley
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 01:11:50 AM

Did anyone notice the Wiki for ZeusMiner has been defaced??
WARNING: Do not buy products from zeusminer.com. You WILL regret it

LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:57:35 AM

Its a free resource and anyone that wishes to contribute, can. Some people want to help protect people from Terry at Zeusminer because he is shifty and cant be trusted.
hence the WARNING
djkyno

Activity: 798

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:18:09 AM

Finally i am back to action after so long. Now all my 3 miner are working fine already. so i am kinda lost touch with this thread.

will anyone update me on the latest happening etc ?
djkyno

Activity: 798

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 09:33:03 AM

Spend half of the afternoon making this. LOL

But seems like the last fury is hotter than the 2 above.

jekv2

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:23:52 AM

http://wiki.zeusminer.info/
lol, to late for this info.

But good for new comers.
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:33:31 AM

Could you fill me in on the shifty part?
I know there are all sorts of things that went on but I am not up on them all and I actively purchase from Zeus, GAW, ZoomHash, 112bit and others and I do not want to screw myself over if there is more going on.

Its a free resource and anyone that wishes to contribute, can. Some people want to help protect people from Terry at Zeusminer because he is shifty and cant be trusted.
hence the WARNING

worldlybedouin

Activity: 376

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 12:34:56 PM

I know there are all sorts of things that went on but I am not up on them all and I actively purchase from Zeus, GAW, ZoomHash, 112bit and others and I do not want to screw myself over if there is more going on.

hence the WARNING

My personal experience with Zeus Miner has been overall deplorable.  I bought some Blizzards from them, but they changed the power consumption specification by 3X and just shipped hardware before anyone could say anything.  Its clear they knew well in advance that their promised 15 watts was wrong and instead its 48watts.  Rather than telling us Batch 1 customers of this huge change they said "things aren't ideal with these but we can ship them as is, or delay and improve the specs".  They never gave specifics on what changed just were vague about it.  So they started shipping these before anyone could read between the lines.  Once they arrived we all learned the sad truth.

Next, Terry kept promising to make things right for Batch 1 customers.  He did make decent amends for the larger clients who bought the bigger rigs, but Blizzard purchasers got screwed.  We got these lousy coupon codes to buy more overpriced hardware from him.  So if your ROI was non-existnt before it certainly wasn't going to improve by buying more hardware.  To make matters worse, he jacked up the shipping prices!  For example, I bought 5 Blizzards and paid $50 shipping.  To use the coupons and buy two more Blizzards I'd pay $50 in shippping EACH even though they shipped in the same fricken box!

Next, Terry kept promising that their ZeusHost and ZeusHash services would be up and running by now.  It was only recently that they finally got their act together and fixed ZeusHost. However, those of us waiting on ZeusHash are again screwed by their delays.

Next, GAW was undercutting Zeus prices and offering better compensation to everyone who got screwed in Batch 1...so Terry had a talk with them and what do you know???  Their prices were increased to match Zeus's.

Next, delays in shipping overall.  Many folks who are ordering hardware from them have groaned about the delays in shipping.  Also many folks are complaining that because of the duty/import costs of how these are labeled some folks are paying more for importing into their country vs. others. 

Finally, Terry's been pushing to sell more of his overpriced hardware and less interested in talking to all of us disgruntled customers.  Every step of the way he's been pushing tactics (e.g. coupons vs cash refunds) to ensure the money stays in his pocket now that he has it.

All I know is I've learned my lesson and I'll never do business with Terry or ZeusMiner ever again.  They only care about turning a buck, and making it look like they give a shit so unsuspecting folks buy their shit hadware.

LTC:  LXrAe2E6cBsK52GvUsYraeXkc2s7Ti7R5X
BTC:  1FLTMqVjTZ5MTdCF4npNZGFMEUGyBV4zcj
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:42:06 PM

Thanks for sharing that.
I know about the power consumption issues and the promises for Blizzard buyers as I have 3 myself.
I did not have shipping issues in fact the last two I ordered showed up in just 3 days each time.
That does not mean all is good.
I know the details of the GAW deal though.
I appreciate your sharing this.
Thanks.

hence the WARNING

My personal experience with Zeus Miner has been overall deplorable.  I bought some Blizzards from them, but they changed the power consumption specification by 3X and just shipped hardware before anyone could say anything.  Its clear they knew well in advance that their promised 15 watts was wrong and instead its 48watts.  Rather than telling us Batch 1 customers of this huge change they said "things aren't ideal with these but we can ship them as is, or delay and improve the specs".  They never gave specifics on what changed just were vague about it.  So they started shipping these before anyone could read between the lines.  Once they arrived we all learned the sad truth.

Next, Terry kept promising to make things right for Batch 1 customers.  He did make decent amends for the larger clients who bought the bigger rigs, but Blizzard purchasers got screwed.  We got these lousy coupon codes to buy more overpriced hardware from him.  So if your ROI was non-existnt before it certainly wasn't going to improve by buying more hardware.  To make matters worse, he jacked up the shipping prices!  For example, I bought 5 Blizzards and paid $50 shipping.  To use the coupons and buy two more Blizzards I'd pay $50 in shippping EACH even though they shipped in the same fricken box!

Next, Terry kept promising that their ZeusHost and ZeusHash services would be up and running by now.  It was only recently that they finally got their act together and fixed ZeusHost. However, those of us waiting on ZeusHash are again screwed by their delays.

Next, GAW was undercutting Zeus prices and offering better compensation to everyone who got screwed in Batch 1...so Terry had a talk with them and what do you know???  Their prices were increased to match Zeus's.

Next, delays in shipping overall.  Many folks who are ordering hardware from them have groaned about the delays in shipping.  Also many folks are complaining that because of the duty/import costs of how these are labeled some folks are paying more for importing into their country vs. others. 

Finally, Terry's been pushing to sell more of his overpriced hardware and less interested in talking to all of us disgruntled customers.  Every step of the way he's been pushing tactics (e.g. coupons vs cash refunds) to ensure the money stays in his pocket now that he has it.

All I know is I've learned my lesson and I'll never do business with Terry or ZeusMiner ever again.  They only care about turning a buck, and making it look like they give a shit so unsuspecting folks buy their shit hadware.

ernie-

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 12:44:11 PM

Exactly why are you posting this rant in a Blizzard/Fury tuning thread?  The people here own the gear and are interesting in having fun with it not your QQ, go and troll one of the miner sales threads.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:47:58 PM

I have been loving the Blizzards.
They are fun and so many software and hard ware tweaks they have been great.
I'm currently looking into Pi images that are GUI so I can run my 3 Blizzards on a Pi full time.

Exactly why are you posting this rant in a Blizzard/Fury tuning thread?  The people here own the gear and are interesting in having fun with it not your QQ, go and troll one of the miner sales threads.

[/quote]

sethnintendo

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 02:33:22 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 03:05:04 PM by sethnintendo

Newb here mainly just wondering what type of power supply I should get for my Fury.  Right now I only have 1 but I ordered 2 more recently due to not being able to resist the price drop at gawminers.  The stock power supply gets a little too hot (I don't plan on modding mine but still want to use a better power supply that doesn't run so hot even with a stock Fury.  I keep the power supply near the miner to use the air from the fan to cool it a little (tip I picked up from someone in this thread who showed a pic of his three miners; keeps one side nice and cool but other side is warm but not as hot as the first few times I ran the miner with power supply just sitting on ground).  Anyways, if anyone could share some links to decently priced power supply that would be great.  I'm actually more concerned about the power supply running too hot than the miner...  which is a little awkward.  Should I even be concerned with the heat of the power supply on a stock Fury?  I suppose I could just buy a cheap little fan and blow more air on the power supplies and miners.

Also, thanks to the person that mentioned hashfaster.  I was looking to join a better pool and now that I joined hashfaster I am seeing way better results in coins mined (currently mining dogecoins; not sure if I will ever try for litecoin but perhaps once I get more miners).
worldlybedouin

Activity: 376

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 05:41:44 PM

ManeBjorn asked and I felt that in all fairness to my fellow miner to answer him.  Yes both of our posts are off topic, but none the less telling the truth when someone asks for it shouldn't be treated as a rant.

LTC:  LXrAe2E6cBsK52GvUsYraeXkc2s7Ti7R5X
BTC:  1FLTMqVjTZ5MTdCF4npNZGFMEUGyBV4zcj
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: