Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:55:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Fury/Blizzard tuning and mods  (Read 115219 times)
ernie-

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 01:28:30 AM

Speaking of running off solar array, anyone know how much energy is needed to power off 5 fury ?
250watts plus the Raspberry Pi and hub.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mykive

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:05:08 AM

i get them on cg too xD
Version 4.3.5? If so try linux with direct I/O instead of Windows. A raspberry Pi is all you need for that.

http://puu.sh/aeMq9/4484661690.png
mangodream

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:16:30 AM

Guys, one question... Can i connect all my Thunder X3 and two Hurricane X3 PCB together ? After that, i can make a huge miner, and put them all in a tank full of Novec, instead of configuring each one.
djkyno

Activity: 798

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 07:23:42 AM

Just got my raspberry pi and i flash it with hasra lander. but i cant get the miner to start. Who can teach me?
bosondehiggs

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 10:45:19 AM

Same question with minera lol

My fury work well under linux mint with cgminer 4.3.5 but impossible wih minera.
J4bberwock

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:35:56 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2014, 03:31:24 PM by J4bberwock

Am I mistaken or Zeus is trying to sell mini-blades?

https://zeusminer.com/product/pre-order-blizzard-x6/

I'm calling mine mini-blade X3 (3 blizzard together), my specs after over clocking are around 4.9MH/s for 180 watt.
With a slight down clock and undervolt, it should fit exactly in their specs.

If they are doing it correctly, they will even make more profit selling this "new" blizzard since they sell it for more than what we can pay for 3 fury.
You can spare at the very least 8 bolts, 8 screws and 2 fans.

EDIT:
After looking at the product page, they are 32 chips, so basically one hurricane x3 panel with heatsink and mounted as standalone. And undervolted.
Nothing new there. Except that now, the price for assembled chips is down to 7.5$ each when they are trying to sell bare chips for 12$ each...

Mini-blade with 2 and 3 blizzards would have been nice too, with the same power efficiency and 18 chips instead of 32, but they decided to make all the PCB standard.

Custom Server PSU breakout boards, 1200w, 1300w, 2000w, 2880w https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=738527.0
Btc: 1J4bberWs6f6XVQ53gn3BNc8qHAicmm7wu
Ltc: LNDmMBtzD3cduwjfxANm2wDrxt9jXRk5ZP
alienesb

Activity: 868

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:22:54 PM

Am I mistaken or Zeus is trying to sell mini-blades?

https://zeusminer.com/product/pre-order-blizzard-x6/

I'm calling mine mini-blade X3 (3 blizzard together), my specs after over clocking are around 4.9MH/s for 180 watt.
With a slight down clock and undervolt, it should fit exactly in their specs.

If they are doing it correctly, they will even make more profit selling this "new" blizzard since they sell it for more than what we can pay for 3 fury.
You can spare at the very least 8 bolts, 8 screws and 2 fans.

Look at the number of chips on them - 32. Regular Blizzfury has what 6? So they dumped a ton of chips in here and undervolted the heck out of it and there you have it.
nst6563 (OP)

Merit: 254

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:31:30 PM

32 chips?  Holy crap.  One blade in my Falcon has 32 chips and there's NO WAY it will fit into the form factor that they have pictured.  So get 4 of those blizzard x6's and restore the voltage/clock and you've got the equiv. of what's in the falcon's/thunders/warmachines. 

IF that picture is the real deal...then that is a huge heatsink and a 120mm fan on it. 

I got tired of the wires coming out of both ends of my fury's so I moved the power connector to the end with the USB and fan connections.  I used wire from some scrap 12-2 household electrical wire to route the power.  Glued into place and now all cables are on one end. 
jekv2

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:51:43 PM

32 chips?  Holy crap.  One blade in my Falcon has 32 chips and there's NO WAY it will fit into the form factor that they have pictured.  So get 4 of those blizzard x6's and restore the voltage/clock and you've got the equiv. of what's in the falcon's/thunders/warmachines. 

IF that picture is the real deal...then that is a huge heatsink and a 120mm fan on it. 

I got tired of the wires coming out of both ends of my fury's so I moved the power connector to the end with the USB and fan connections.  I used wire from some scrap 12-2 household electrical wire to route the power.  Glued into place and now all cables are on one end. 

Nice. Like to see a pic.  Grin
jeezy
Legendary

Activity: 1237
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:17:05 PM

Exactly what I was thinking. Just get some of these, Voltmod them and you should get really good MH/$.
J4bberwock

Activity: 840

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:25:48 PM

Exactly what I was thinking. Just get some of these, Voltmod them and you should get really good MH/$.
The only good point of getting the x6 and restore the voltage will be that you will get a free smaller miner with it.
But it's still far from any ROI unless BTC and/or LTC double or triple their value.
The actual miners (any brand) at the price they are selling will make you loose 60-70% of the money you invested before they use more power that what they will mine. That is with 5-6% diff increase.
And the time when they will stop to make profit is always between 90 and 120 days.

So unless the buy price is cut by 65%, I don't see any ROI.

Custom Server PSU breakout boards, 1200w, 1300w, 2000w, 2880w https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=738527.0
Btc: 1J4bberWs6f6XVQ53gn3BNc8qHAicmm7wu
Ltc: LNDmMBtzD3cduwjfxANm2wDrxt9jXRk5ZP
sethnintendo

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 07:10:27 PM

Well I just got my other 2 Furys in the mail today.  I never properly setup a config file for the first miner though (I relied on this guy's easy program to help setup the .bat files to run my 1st Fury https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lwv8p2qj3pepzf0/AABBNg3AfT82KHag3AmF13fYa from a youtube link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIdLzd-KfOs&feature=youtu.be I found of him unboxing and setting up his miner).  So that program worked for my 1st Fury (although I would sometimes see cgminer crash in the first 20 mins or so but it usually didn't crash if it got going past 20-30 mins).  After adding two other com ports for the two other miners to the bat file though it runs and then crashes every time after about 5 or so accepts.  I can't get it past the first few accepts without it crashing unlike with my first miner which would randomly crash in the first few mins.  Perhaps I'm not using the best setup but I'm a total newbie when it comes to all this.  One good thing about his program is that it included a link to the drivers that I needed for my computer to recognize the Fury.  I was looking at the basic cgminer command in the op post but not sure where to put my com ports or what to do exactly.  I also would like to just use my Fury to mine and not my gpu (which I used to mine with back in the day; guys program I used just used my Fury to mine and not gpu which was nice).  So if I could get some help setting up the right commands to get cgminer to run my 3 Furys without crashing that would be great.  I know this might not be the best thread to post this question in but you guys seem really helpful and I would appreciate any help I get (I would even donate a days worth of dogecoins or so to the person that gets me up and running).  Thanks for the help and hopefully when I get off work I can try and get these miners running properly.
nst6563 (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 07:17:00 PM

Nice. Like to see a pic.  Grin

End with the cables.

End without the cables.  Much cleaner setup since all the cables are going to one end.
nst6563 (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:10:57 PM

Well I just got my other 2 Furys in the mail today.  I never properly setup a config file for the first miner though (I relied on this guy's easy program to help setup the .bat files to run my 1st Fury https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lwv8p2qj3pepzf0/AABBNg3AfT82KHag3AmF13fYa from a youtube link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIdLzd-KfOs&feature=youtu.be I found of him unboxing and setting up his miner).  So that program worked for my 1st Fury (although I would sometimes see cgminer crash in the first 20 mins or so but it usually didn't crash if it got going past 20-30 mins).  After adding two other com ports for the two other miners to the bat file though it runs and then crashes every time after about 5 or so accepts.  I can't get it past the first few accepts without it crashing unlike with my first miner which would randomly crash in the first few mins.  Perhaps I'm not using the best setup but I'm a total newbie when it comes to all this.  One good thing about his program is that it included a link to the drivers that I needed for my computer to recognize the Fury.  I was looking at the basic cgminer command in the op post but not sure where to put my com ports or what to do exactly.  I also would like to just use my Fury to mine and not my gpu (which I used to mine with back in the day; guys program I used just used my Fury to mine and not gpu which was nice).  So if I could get some help setting up the right commands to get cgminer to run my 3 Furys without crashing that would be great.  I know this might not be the best thread to post this question in but you guys seem really helpful and I would appreciate any help I get (I would even donate a days worth of dogecoins or so to the person that gets me up and running).  Thanks for the help and hopefully when I get off work I can try and get these miners running properly.

I'm not using Windows to control my miners, just a raspberry pi....but the config file/command line options should be quite similar.  
For one - I'm not sure what version of cgminer you're using but the best I've found so far is the most recent from Dmaxl.  https://github.com/dmaxl/cgminer
Looks like there's a slightly older(maybe one version behind) build here for windows: http://cryptomining-blog.com/2924-cgminer-4-3-5-with-gridseed-and-zeus-scrypt-asic-support

I've not had a problem with Dmaxl's cgminer closing.  Ever.  The Zeus devices themselves are the pain in the ass part of the equation.  Mine ALWAYS flake out after trying to use bfgminer with them and then try to use cgminer.  The only way around the flake out that I've found is to power down everything, simply rebooting the rpi and resetting usb connections doesn't work.  

Are you looking to use a config file or a command line?  Personally, config is the way to go.  Then no matter what, your command line is "cgminer -c miner.conf".

Here's my current (edited) config as an example....it may need some tweaking to work on Windows, may not.  Obviously you would replace the /dev/ttyUSBx with whatever com port your miners are on.

Code:
{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://US2.coinmine.pw:1111",
"user" : "user",
"pass" : "x"
},
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://pool.manicminer.in:3333",
"user" : "user",
"pass" : "x"
}
]
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1",
"api-description" : "cgminer v3.1.1-zm",
"api-listen" : true,
"api-mcast-addr" : "224.0.0.75",
"api-mcast-code" : "FTW",
"api-mcast-des" : "",
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "120",
"hotplug" : "5",
"log" : "5",
"queue" : "9999",
"scan-time" : "15",
"scrypt" : true,
"shares" : "0",
"verbose" : true,
"zeus-chips" : "6",
"zeus-clock" : "328",
"zeus-debug" : true,
"zeus-nocheck-golden" : true,
"scan-serial" : [
        "/dev/ttyUSB0",
"/dev/ttyUSB1",
"/dev/ttyUSB2",
"/dev/ttyUSB3"
]
}

If you download the windows build of cgminer from that link, and plug in that config file with the changes indicating the comm ports your miners are on...it should get up an running without too much more effort.
jekv2

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 09:06:02 PM

End with the cables.
http://i57.tinypic.com/5u45sx.jpg

End without the cables.  Much cleaner setup since all the cables are going to one end.
http://i57.tinypic.com/ok7cpi.jpg

Beyond my mind. Lolz. What ever exists, it seems you may alter it. Looks good. Brilliant skillz.

---

Note:
True@ need to power down the fury device for some reason switching between miners.

Not powering down, between minera & hashra, hashra would only mine my fury at like 410Kh/s, NST had brought this to my attention that I never spoke of it here, after powering down and powering up, hashra brought it up to speed. Vice versa with minera's newly added miners as well. Need to power down and back up.

It's all finicky as hell.
Beachguy
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 09:56:25 PM

Bought 1 zeus blizzard came Monday last week, dinked around with it......the other three came in last Thursday.
Hooked them up one by one.
Experimented with the zeus cgminer variant, (blah) ....BFG miner did ok, but cgminer 4.3.5 works the best.
Been running a week now and hashing rated speed, few rejects (<1%) and no problems.
Next project will be getting rid of 4 power supplies.
I'm happy.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Crypto84

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 12:36:56 AM

does anyone know the best clk rate for a perfect 1:1 ratio between what the miner is hashing at and the actual work being done? for example my 5 furys do about 6200 WU at 328 mhz. the 6200 * 1.09 is 6.758 MH/s poolside. the reported  hashrate from the console is 7.2 mh/s. anyone know the best hashrate to get what the miner is actually hashing at. ive noticed the more i go above 328nhz the lower the WU goes.
bosondehiggs

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 05:05:33 AM

I finally have minera working. minera look good With cgminer 3.8.5, hashrate 1.4M but on xhash pool i have 150Kh...
 with cgminer 4.XX don't work;
With zeusminers it's ok 1.33Mh and 1.4Mh on xhash.
ZiG

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 05:06:51 AM

End with the cables.
http://i57.tinypic.com/5u45sx.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/ok7cpi.jpg

Beyond my mind. Lolz. What ever exists, it seems you may alter it. Looks good. Brilliant skillz.

---

Note:
True@ need to power down the fury device for some reason switching between miners.

Not powering down, between minera & hashra, hashra would only mine my fury at like 410Kh/s, NST had brought this to my attention that I never spoke of it here, after powering down and powering up, hashra brought it up to speed. Vice versa with minera's newly added miners as well. Need to power down and back up.

It's all finicky as hell.

Good job, buddy... Grin

Brilliant "Non-chinese" engineering, ...I guess... Wink

ZiG
djkyno

Activity: 798

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 11:38:46 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2014, 01:26:35 PM by djkyno

Hey guys,
Sorry to sidetrack

If you are loading off your fury, we are taking it in at $20USD / piece.

Ship to:

Address will be sent via PM

Requirement:

USB cable
Working Set
Will do a consolidating collection before shipping to SG or MY.

Leave a comment here. or PM me
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: