Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:48:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984064 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 06:48:15 PM

you can but nem tokens on the nxt AE which represent nem stakes!

current price is arround 34k nxt but you can buy .1 of a stake (3.4k)

I am building up some side BTC and plan on purchasing some portions of stakes. I will probably DL the client just for this purpose. Can someone clarify on dispensing time frames of stakes?

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:54:37 PM

How is the alpha testing going on? Will it be possible to redeem my stake now? I have not asked for the NXT token, and I will relax only when I have my coins in my wallet.

I don't think we can redeem stakes until the beta in August-ish. I feel you though, I am going to be nervous until I actually have my coins in my wallet as well.

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
dandruff1138

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 06:59:28 PM

How is the alpha testing going on? Will it be possible to redeem my stake now? I have not asked for the NXT token, and I will relax only when I have my coins in my wallet.

I don't think we can redeem stakes until the beta in August-ish. I feel you though, I am going to be nervous until I actually have my coins in my wallet as well.

Thank you. Maybe I will wait a bit longer. Smiley

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)

Parana

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Step into a world!! A P2P world!

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:05:35 PM

following.

BCFrictionless

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:20:36 PM

which exchanges have confirmed to be adding NEM after launch,  and when?  Will it be at Beta Launch and when's this scheduled please?
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:25:03 PM

which exchanges have confirmed to be adding NEM after launch,  and when?  Will it be at Beta Launch and when's this scheduled please?

No exchanges have confirmed adding NEM on or after launch.
There's not ETA on beta launch. Let's see how open alpha goes Smiley

xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:18:04 PM

Hello

Is nice to see NEM stake value increase but I think this could also lead to another problem
that the stake could become so expensive that other people will be reluctant to join.
The question is what(how) can we do to increase NEM user base even more before the
complete release of the coin and the NEM stake becomes to expensive (valuable)?!

a trusted member of the nem community could issue nem stakes on the AE divisible by 100 rather than 10. the stakes coming from the stakes to be auctioned or elsewhere. come distribution the devs distribute the stakes as they would to those who claimed plus the stakes to the trusted member who would then distribute the coins to those who claim the stakes that they bought off him. main distributor(who ever is in control of stakes) > ~10 stakes > sub distributor sells on AE(amounts down to .01 of a stake all set to sell at the market price set by the main market) > buyers,

buyers(nxt payed for stakes) > sub distributor > main distibutor

there is no extra work created for main devs/distributor, as it would be passed on to the sub distributor. every one with out enough to buy .1 on main market could buy on the mini market.

thoughts?

I think that would be a great idea! You could call it little NEM stake, to avoid confusion?

Anyone can issue mini-tokens as long as he is credible. XCP anyone ?

Hey folks, this is an idea that I brought up about a week ago. I am still very interested in helping out with this project. https://trello.com/c/dkIspdzc/111-split-up-1-stake-into-100-micro-stakes
My idea is to just split 1 NEMstake into 100 miniNEMstakes, the only issue I can see is trust. I also don't think we should be bothering the devs with this, they obviously have a lot going on right now.
Even at this time having miniNEMstakes isn't a huge priority, but I think it will become a bigger issue if the stake price keeps rising like I expect.

A good idea, it will probably help further redistribute NEM. I also think there is another method of distributing NEM before official launch: an exchange which allows to internally trade virtual NEM against btc. This method will solve all the division problems and would probably make it a lot simpler for the average user who wants to buy NEM. This is how simcoin is traded at the moment. Though I'm not sure if we have someone who can create and run such an exchange until the official launch, and further more, if benefits outweigh the costs.
dandruff1138

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 08:38:33 PM

So wait, these stakes are selling at about 0.00000390 BTC per NEM with a 4 Billion coin supply and it hasn't even been released yet? I am fairly new to the crypto world but I do not see how there will be any ROI... Or am I doing my math wrong?

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:49:35 PM

So wait, these stakes are selling at about 0.00000390 BTC per NEM with a 4 Billion coin supply and it hasn't even been released yet? I am fairly new to the crypto world but I do not see how there will be any ROI... Or am I doing my math wrong?

What ROI do you want?  NEM has a very good chance of hitting 50-100m within months, so that's an easy 10K / 20K per stake.

Then there's always holding until the coin goes to the moon.  Crypto currencies will probably hit $1 Trillion in a decade.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
dandruff1138

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 09:04:17 PM

What ROI do you want?  NEM has a very good chance of hitting 50-100m within months, so that's an easy 10K / 20K per stake.

Then there's always holding until the coin goes to the moon.  Crypto currencies will probably hit $1 Trillion in a decade.

As a layman I see comparable coins with comparable market caps that have already been released that are not near the same value. So I am a little wary of a coin that isn't even released yet that is already valued higher then, what I as a layman consider comparable cryptos, is higher than ones with similar stats... All cryptos (and from what I am learning there are a lot) claim to have something that sets them apart, but when it comes to statistics the only thing I see that makes a difference is anonymity. Everything else just seems to be packaging, and everyone has a "new bell and whistles!"

Please do not misunderstand me as FUD, I am just needing a clear picture before I invest, and hopefully this will assist other people like me who need a clear picture. Thank you for your time! Good luck on your Alpha release tomorrow, I'll be watching with curiosity!

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)

twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:05:13 PM

How many hours till Alpha release???
instacalm

Activity: 798

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:07:36 PM

As a layman I see comparable coins with comparable market caps that have already been released that are not near the same value.

Hi! Apart from NXT, could you list these please?
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:12:27 PM

As a layman I see comparable coins with comparable market caps that have already been released that are not near the same value.

Hi! Apart from NXT, could you list these please?

I don't think he has made the distinction between 1.0 and 2.0 coins.  Until Ethereum or eMunie shows up, it's just NxT and NEM in a nutshell.

The other coins are mainly bitclones with a few minor improvements.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:13:14 PM

Then there's always holding until the coin goes to the moon.  Crypto currencies will probably hit $1 Trillion in a decade.

As a layman I see comparable coins with comparable market caps that have already been released that are not near the same value. So I am a little wary of a coin that isn't even released yet that is already valued higher then, what I as a layman consider comparable cryptos, is higher than ones with similar stats... All cryptos (and from what I am learning there are a lot) claim to have something that sets them apart, but when it comes to statistics the only thing I see that makes a difference is anonymity. Everything else just seems to be packaging, and everyone has a "new bell and whistles!"

Please do not misunderstand me as FUD, I am just needing a clear picture before I invest, and hopefully this will assist other people like me who need a clear picture. Thank you for your time! Good luck on your Alpha release tomorrow, I'll be watching with curiosity!

Please see this post I've made earlier, it might actually help in understanding some of the mechanics of the altcoin world and how NEM strives to be different.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=426303.msg7122197#msg7122197
ShawnLeary

Activity: 518
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:15:26 PM

Been alpha testing last two days, toooooo sick!  Can't wait for NEM.  I've finally gotten over the whole UP thing, it does taint it a bit for me but we can't let it bring down the hard work the devs have been putting into this venture.  We won't be disappointed, I assure you.

"We have the power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine
dadingsda
Legendary

Activity: 1310

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:19:28 PM

Been alpha testing last two days, toooooo sick!  Can't wait for NEM.  I've finally gotten over the whole UP thing, it does taint it a bit for me but we can't let it bring down the hard work the devs have been putting into this venture.  We won't be disappointed, I assure you.

Shocked Can´t wait

ps:
Any news about the auction?

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:21:54 PM

There will be an auction for stakes in BTC sometime soon.
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:30:51 PM

how many hours till alpha release from now? BTC
titan20

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 10:08:26 PM

Then there's always holding until the coin goes to the moon.  Crypto currencies will probably hit $1 Trillion in a decade.

Please see this post I've made earlier, it might actually help in understanding some of the mechanics of the altcoin world and how NEM strives to be different.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=426303.msg7122197#msg7122197

This post of yours answers none of the questions of dandruff1138. It only says:
"NEM aims to bring deep innovation on multiple levels, so when alpha and more details will be out, I think people will get very excited."

So what are these deep innovations on multiple levels?

AUTO COIN

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
      Stand-Alone Solutions Set to Revolutionize the Automotive Sector     
WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTWITTERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTAGRAM
gwinevere

Activity: 364
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 10:21:59 PM

I'm ready to kick the tires. The counter shows less than 2 hours until NEM Alpha!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: