Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:53:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984064 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 03:16:10 PM

I like the logo with the box. Smiley But I am old.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
loi.tranquang

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:18:49 PM

When will NEM stakes be released?
Hey NEM stakes can be claimed for 2 weeks or so already if you're on the stakeholder list. I bought myself 0.5 Smiley

I'm the designer who made the logo with green & yellow box & lots of other logo instances for NEM.
I'm not used to visit here & push a comment. But since I get noticed by official logo post in NEM Coin FB fan page, I were really surprised with the official logo.
It actually looks even worse than the one Makoto showed us couples of days ago. Actually, it's gonna break the professional image I did make up to NEM via my designs (Nem Landing Page, NCC, Investment Handout) recently Sad. I don't know when was the vote, how it happened and lots of people here seem also don't know that as well.
Not sure if this is trolling by brand new account, but
I like the current logo very much because it's clean, lively and futuristic like Nem. Sorry loi.tranquang, I didn't like your(??) or earlier logos as much as t his to be perfectly honest.
If you doubt me as a troller, here is my portfolio: https://www.behance.net/loitran
upekha

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

TDTPJR-P5SGXY-UU2OS6-BPTUV4-NJYQFT-6CWYZP-IA2W

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:22:43 PM

Hey NEM stakes can be claimed for 2 weeks or so already if you're on the stakeholder list. I bought myself 0.5 Smiley

I'm the designer who made the logo with green & yellow box & lots of other logo instances for NEM.
I'm not used to visit here & push a comment. But since I get noticed by official logo post in NEM Coin FB fan page, I were really surprised with the official logo.
It actually looks even worse than the one Makoto showed us couples of days ago. Actually, it's gonna break the professional image I did make up to NEM via my designs (Nem Landing Page, NCC, Investment Handout) recently Sad. I don't know when was the vote, how it happened and lots of people here seem also don't know that as well.
I like the current logo very much because it's clean, lively and futuristic like Nem. Sorry loi.tranquang, I didn't like your(??) or earlier logos as much as t his to be perfectly honest.
If you doubt me as a troller, here is my portfolio: https://www.behance.net/loitran

I am a big fan of your UIs loi!

NEM - New Economy Movement
lovekfc

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:23:00 PM

I think the previous logo look better. Why replace it?
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 03:35:03 PM

Any Idea how big the nis.h2.db will be??

I would like to run a server on a rasp pi, but I just have 32GB memory card.

From yesterday till now, it got from 5 to 7 MB of data.

Thanks

I've been running NIS on a pi for about a month. The initial sync takes a long time, but, after that, it is able to keep up without any issues.

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
owon

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:46:39 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2014, 04:22:45 PM by owon

i too prefer a logo vote. The suggested new logo design is not bad and i am ok with it, but it is too complex imo. I can not simply draw the logo on a piece of paper or to a white board by free hand, this is possible with other suggestions and i would favor a sticter one. But i like the colors (esp. the green and orange)
mattadc

Activity: 426
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 03:49:29 PM

Your logos were better. And also the design process was more preferred than that current "official's", which looks more like pulled from a hat and fitted to previous designs.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
crackerhead

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 03:50:36 PM

He's pretty much the exact opposite of a troll. Never posts and just works on making NEM better behind the scenes. If I'm not mistaken, he is responsible for making the NCC look so damn sexy!
My suggestion to Loi.Tran, take the .ai file from here: https://trello.com/c/42ucSEVL/116-interim-logo-kit , and make the logo better (if ya got the time). I personally don't think the logo is too bad, but I do think the border is a bit odd though.

NEM.io         blog.NEM.io        r/ourNEM
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:58:13 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2014, 05:29:21 PM by instacash

loi.tranquang mate, could you please post your logo(s) again? Smiley

Also it seems clear that a majority (of those who posted) would like to have a logo voting.

edit, here it is: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg7512347#msg7512347
loi.tranquang

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:02:41 PM

He's pretty much the exact opposite of a troll. Never posts and just works on making NEM better behind the scenes. If I'm not mistaken, he is responsible for making the NCC look so damn sexy!
My suggestion to Loi.Tran, take the .ai file from here: https://trello.com/c/42ucSEVL/116-interim-logo-kit , and make the logo better (if ya got the time). I personally don't think the logo is too bad, but I do think the border is a bit odd though.
This time I'm quite busy. Reason why I didn't start build some more logos because I find the way to the final logo seems not very clear, and I cannot spend my effort without a specific goal. Until we're planning for a logo contest & official public vote, I will be ready for that.
loi.tranquang mate, could you please post your logo(s) again? Smiley which ones are yours? https://www.flickr.com/photos/115246188@N06/

Also it seems clear that a majority (of those who posted) would like to have a logo voting.
My logos are not in that list. Not sure whether I can post them here until someone confirm me on this. I was not frequently active in bitcointalk.
zachamo

Activity: 346

There can be only one!

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:14:11 PM

Development Recommendation for future-proofing NEM security:

I'd like to recommend two important security features for NEM:

1. MINIMUM pass phrase char threshold enforced by client (i.e. from day 1 you CANNOT use a passphrase less than 20 chars – I feel this was a major omission in NXT's launch and now incomplex passphrases are still allowed due to grandfathering.. Many accounts have been brute forced, and new users are still allowed to use incomplex passphrases)

2. OPTIONAL two-factor authentication: On the login screen there's a button for 'Create High-Security Account'. When clicked:
   A. The client generates a file akin to a wallet.dat with a long private key
   B. The user is prompted to enter a passphrase
RESULT: Account can only be accessed when BOTH of these are used in conjunction. User will need to backup their .dat file (there should be clear messaging on this). If a hacker steals the .dat file, they still need the passphrase. If a hacker guesses their passphrase, they still need the .dat file. Effectivley this may be the same as having a long random string and a user-dertimed text as the passphrase, but it would at least simplify the entry by automating the long random string via the .dat file.. Perhaps it would be ideal for this to be some sort of dual-key mechanism, though I lack the background to really speak to the ideal implementation.

Please consider this / forward it on to Devs.

4000 chars available and all I got was this stupid tagline.
crackerhead

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 04:22:03 PM

1. MINIMUM pass phrase char threshold enforced by client (i.e. from day 1 you CANNOT use a passphrase less than 20 chars – I feel this was a major omission in NXT's launch and now incomplex passphrases are still allowed due to grandfathering.. Many accounts have been brute forced, and new users are still allowed to use incomplex passphrases)

2. OPTIONAL two-factor authentication: On the login screen there's a button for 'Create High-Security Account'. When clicked:
RESULT: Account can only be accessed when BOTH of these are used in conjunction. User will need to backup their .dat file (there should be clear messaging on this). If a hacker steals the .dat file, they still need the passphrase. If a hacker guesses their passphrase, they still need the .dat file. Effectivley this may be the same as having a long random string and a user-dertimed text as the passphrase, but it would at least simplify the entry by automating the long random string via the .dat file.. Perhaps it would be ideal for this to be some sort of dual-key mechanism, though I lack the background to really speak to the ideal implementation.

Honestly I'd be suprised if these aren't already planned to be implemented, but if it is not, I agree 2 factor authentication and passphrase limitations should be included by launch (not alpha).

gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 04:25:02 PM

Short answer: NEM does not use brainwallet (or however else you call it).

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
crackerhead

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 04:25:07 PM

This time I'm quite busy. Reason why I didn't start build some more logos because I find the way to the final logo seems not very clear, and I cannot spend my effort without a specific goal. Until we're planning for a logo contest & official public vote, I will be ready for that.
loi.tranquang mate, could you please post your logo(s) again? Smiley which ones are yours? https://www.flickr.com/photos/115246188@N06/

My logos are not in that list. Not sure whether I can post them here until someone confirm me on this. I was not frequently active in bitcointalk.

You should be able to include an image that's online by just pasting it into a post, and then surrounding it by an img tag, which is in the top left corner when creating a post. You might not be able to do this because of your low post count, but I am not very sure.

loi.tranquang

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:28:43 PM

You should be able to include an image that's online by just pasting it into a post, and then surrounding it by an img tag, which is in the top left corner when creating a post. You might not be able to do this because of your low post count, but I am not very sure.
Here you are: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9jSTPeGZxgtMHFrVzAyVDQ2aDA&usp=sharing
ARGpentem

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:30:04 PM

There is a link to a logo collection in ecosystem board. I think these are his. Putting the link here is fine as well.

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
Simakki

Activity: 697

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 04:47:08 PM

When the open alpha will start ?  Huh

I don't like the current logo.Okay it's quite different than old ones and just seem little odd. Too complicated and color scheme seems like from some old star war flick.

We don't need use "designers" or "proffesionals"' just make a new open competition with decent prices and instructions, look how simple and memorable are logos of ones like Visa or MasterCard.

Check out Betsikingi
for betting tips and for https://betsikingi.info/vedonlyontibonukset-vedonlyontisivustot and Unibet TV for sports live streaming!
jenea4pda

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

Iota and JINN

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:12:18 PM

current logo IMO is looking very well and nice,I like it, but I think that if we will hire some professional designers will be great to create something amazing!
Regards

www.iotatoken.com                      https://twitter.com/iotatoken
Iota is a brand new and novel micro-transaction cryptotoken optimized for the Internet-of-Things (IoT). Unlike the complex and heavy blockchains of Bitcoin and the like, which were designed with other uses in mind, Iota is created to be as lightweight as possible, hence the name "Iota" with emphasis on the ‘IoT’ part.
instacalm

Activity: 798

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:22:22 PM

Personally I thought the nem logo with the little box in the top corner was really good! Why not just use that? The box could be that ticker symbol

You mean loi's logo, right? this one:

It's neat!
Coinsy

Activity: 163

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:22:58 PM

Personally I thought the nem logo with the little box in the top corner was really good! Why not just use that? The box could be that ticker symbol

You mean loi's logo, right? this one:

Love that one. What was wrong with this?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: