Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:16:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 [189] 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984253 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 02:11:58 AM

That is due to arbitrage / mitigation strategies.  Volume has dried up in NXT due to the current ongoing fiasco and the exchanges are being wonky about NXT.   NXT is also declining in price.   So the only place left to move funds (without worsening the crisis) is into assets and try to mitigate your current losses.

NEMstake, Multigateway, Ora.  Multigateway is an experimental new kind of exchange.  NEMstake and Ora are receiving attention as they're later convertible to other coins.

The thing about the asset exchange is many of those sell walls have been listed on there for days, weeks and even months - so their owners have no clue what happened today (or haven't rescinded their listings yet) and you could consider those assets to be "cheap buys".

Right now it's just a few people who are doing this stealthy.  I would classify them as a minority of smart holders who are stealthy maneuvering their chess pieces while the masses are still in panic mode / rabble mode over the current news or haven't heard about it yet.

I suspect in the coming hours and days, when NXT continues to drop in price and NEM / Multi / Ora / Nxtty goes up, more people will realize what is happening and will join in.  

I see it as a simple A and B option.  A - you stay in NXT and withstand the waves and lose up to 50% in $Fiat.  B - you move into NXT assets and minimize your losses or even increase your holdings in $Fiat

This is a thoughtful analysis.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 02:29:55 AM

https://www.o.info/index.php/How_to_issue_a_cryptosecurity#NEM

By the this needs to be updated, especially the open source part?

Updated; thanks!

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
gsxrl3oi

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 03:04:29 AM

hey guys. Do we have an actual release date yet.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 03:09:08 AM

Open Source NEM Community Client                - raw estimate: August 2014
    Open Beta release and distribution of real NEM - raw estimate: September 2014
    Official launch                                                  - raw estimate: November 2014
    V1 blockchain completion                                - TBA

They met the first thing already and before half way through the month.  Maybe September release is plausible?  (Beta release = coins in your wallet).

By the way the code is very nice.  I have compared samples of it with Ethereum, NXT, Bitshares and then several 1.0 and 1.5 coins.  Even if you don't have any programming experience whatsoever and it looks like Greek to you - well you can still appreciate the aethestics of it.  If you look at most codes for released cryptos.. it's a dogs' breakfast (if it looks messy it is often, functionally, a mess).

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 03:11:37 AM

I've been into crypto since Bitcoin in 2010 (I had another BTT account before this one that I lost because I quit coming here for a long time). I've dedicated a large portion of my life the past 4 years researching cryptocurrencies and examining trends in this market. I have experience trading financial assets. I don't claim to be an expert, but I can almost guarantee I know more about the cryptocurrency landscape than 90% of the users on this forum simply because I've been in this space longer and I've spent so much time studying and researching it. As you can see, I'm a senior member of this forum with many posts under my belt and I have chosen NEM as my one and only crypto. I have zero interest in Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency at this point in time.

Bitcoin, in my opinion, will not be the cryptocurrency that ushers us into the next era of global finance. Many other very influential and powerful people agree with me (Mark Cuban comes to mind). There is a reason why I've chosen to back NEM and that's because right now, in the current state of the crypto landscape, it stands out above and beyond the competition as the coin with the most potential to succeed. Will this change in the weeks and months and years to come? Perhaps. Nobody can predict the future. But as it stands right now, NEM is miles ahead of any other cryptocurrency offering and it's only in alpha.

The dev team has proven to be competent as we can all see from the open alpha, the community has proven to be capable of handling large-scale decision-making (with some hiccups here and there of course, which are to be expected), and if the development pipeline is adhered to there is just no competition for NEM right now. Of course I say this as a stakeholder, but I have absolutely zero intention to sell my stake EVER. NEM is the cryptocurrency I plan to use as my primary form of currency when the cryptocurrency revolution comes into full swing, which it will in the very near future.

Trolls are going to troll, but it's obvious that the only reason a troll would exist in the first place is because there is an incentive to cause harm. The reason there are trolls is because of fear and regret. Fear at the thought of not being able to get in on something that very well may change the world and go down in history forever and regret that they were hesitant to get involved and did not act sooner. The funny thing about trolls in cryptocurrency is that anyone "in the know" is aware that the more trolls there are, the better because that means people feel that there is an incentive to bring down the value which in turn means that they secretly think that the coin will be a major success. There literally is no other reason for a troll to bother wasting their time if they did not think that was the case.

I've seen it before and I know we will see it again, but any time you see trolls start to come out in crypto land that is, to me, an extremely bullish signal. So keep on trolling guys, you're only doing us a favor. Smiley

You seem to share the same sentiment I have with regards to Bitcoin. To me Bitcoin is an experiment that went well, but its shortcomings far outweigh its proper use for the long term, e.g., Pure PoW, bulky blockchain data and the possibility of 51% consensus being monopolized by one or two entities. In fact, if the 51% tipping point does in fact come true, that will mark the beginning of the end of Bitcoin. It will not be secure anymore.

Like you, I have also done a lot of research in the last 3 years, although I was never an active contributor in the BTT until lately.

Again, like you, NEM caught my eye, but alas, I only came into the scene in early June. But I believe I more or less made up for the lost time by spending most of my time since in helping to make this a success in whatever way I can. I got to know the dev team and I truly believe they are world class. Most of all, they are receptive to new ideas. Just take a look at their recently released NCC and you can understand better why they are. Their tests have been so thorough.That itself is positive enough to make me believe that NEM is going to be totally different and will stand out from the rest of Crypto 2.0. Yes, I have also lost interest in everything else except NEM!

I have written a couple of long commentaries here. You may also like to add your opinions there as well:

http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2352.0

Most importantly we are embarking on some epic projects that will "spin us into a different orbit", in a league of our own:

http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2337.0

Finally, please do support us in the coming crowdsale to realize these epic projects. More information can be found here: http://www.ournem.com/crowdsale and here : http://goo.gl/AHGzFQ

There will be benefits associated with being a participant in the crowdsale. Suffice to say that we are obligated to return something back to our supporters of this initiative as a mark of our appreciation.

As for trolls, I have made it a point to totally ignore them. They exist and like pests, you either kill them or leave them alone. Unlike pests, they don't really change or physically displace our lives. So, I guess the approach is just leave them alone. And if all of us leave them alone, they will just fade off naturally.

jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 03:22:29 AM

I am another big supporter.  I will admit that I have lightly invested in half a dozen coins, but really NEM is the only one I am serious about and spend a lot of time talking about.  Bitcoin is a huge a revolutionary idea, even NXT is pretty interesting, but I think we are about ready to take it to the next level with NEM. 

makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 03:27:03 AM
Last edit: August 16, 2014, 04:07:03 AM by makoto1337

Open Beta release and distribution of real NEM - raw estimate: September 2014
    Official launch                                                  - raw estimate: November 2014
    V1 blockchain completion                                - TBA

They met the first thing already and before half way through the month.  Maybe September release is plausible?  (Beta release = coins in your wallet).

By the way the code is very nice.  I have compared samples of it with Ethereum, NXT, Bitshares and then several 1.0 and 1.5 coins.  Even if you don't have any programming experience whatsoever and it looks like Greek to you - well you can still appreciate the aethestics of it.  If you look at most codes for released cryptos.. it's a dogs' breakfast (if it looks messy it is often, functionally, a mess).

Glad you like our code Smiley

Regarding release date: these are rough estimates. With software, especially software that can cost people their livelihoods, you can't say "this will be the release date" and then do that. Instead you have to decide what features to include and do that work. When it is done, you release. End of Sept to early Nov is the expected time frame when we will be ready. We won't release before we are ready.

By using the alpha testnet or writing code for NCC, you will be taking positive action to help us release sooner. Anyone can help make a difference.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 04:17:38 AM

I looked on https://coinmarketcap.com/#USD and I think the NEM logo is the 2nd best.  The first is Stellar.  I have to hand it to them. 

makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 04:46:41 AM

I looked on https://coinmarketcap.com/#USD and I think the NEM logo is the 2nd best.  The first is Stellar.  I have to hand it to them. 

Stellar logo is almost exactly the same as the Apple launchpad icon. I wouldn't be surprised if they are sued. Even the direction of the spacecraft and the small, circular window are exactly the same. Not sure what they were thinking.

Being sued by Apple, would be amazing, publicity, though. Maybe that is their plan.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
TaunSew

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 05:08:31 AM

I took it more that they made a logo out of the "to the mooooooon!" meme saying that Doge supporters would commonly write.

Many members of the Dogecoin community, as well as members of other cryptocurrency communities, use the phrase "To the moon!" to describe the overall sentiment of the coin's rising value.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogecoin

Would had made sense if Stellar had released earlier and could had capitalized on imaging Doge's token expression but it didn't, it came months after Doge lost public interest, and now it just looks archaic (if not cheesy) to use that kind of logo?

It's a very aethestic logo but I don't their logo committee realized that it was just as much bad PR image as it is good PR image and you can't afford to alienate people, especially not in the initial stage when many people can be wary of scams and pump & dumps.   Having a rocket as an image is going to shoot off red flags.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
michaelsss

Activity: 293

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 05:22:57 AM

attention please

please confirm final list , does this a  big problem for this -----

i found some accounts just like my acount "michaelsss"  in "final list sorted by name",. but there is a another account "michaelss"  in "token issuance request" , that's different account ,. if that "michaelss" is mine, i remember i never sent NXT to NEM team , and where's "michaelss"'s NXT account come from?

there are so many account just like
michael8888  in "final list sorted by name" ------michael888  in "token issuance request"
lucky88888    in "final list sorted by name" ----lucky8888  in "token issuance request"

i dont know does there any other accounts like this , but i suggest DEV team confirm all list again ,thank you.
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 05:46:41 AM

i dont know does there any other accounts like this , but i suggest DEV team confirm all list again ,thank you.

You haven't been around in a while have you ?
This was all made public months ago but I'll reiterate for you.

Long story short: Someone scammed stakes out of me in the way you are describing.
Noones stake ist lost. Not yours, not anyone elses.
The scams where noticed and that's why those requests are marked red in the list. (I've started to mark quite a few things so not all colored stuff is part of that one scam)

michaelsss

Activity: 293

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 06:08:28 AM

You haven't been around in a while have you ?
This was all made public months ago but I'll reiterate for you.

Long story short: Someone scammed stakes out of me in the way you are describing.
Noones stake ist lost. Not yours, not anyone elses.
The scams where noticed and that's why those requests are marked red in the list. (I've started to mark quite a few things so not all colored stuff is part of that one scam)

scamer should be in hell
TaunSew

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 06:25:33 AM
Last edit: August 16, 2014, 06:45:03 AM by TaunSew

When people had time to analyze the situation it turned out not to be a big deal.  It was only 0.0015% (less than 1%) of the supply and the person who scammed the stakes has not, last I check (which was a month plus after the event), even attempted to sell.

Strangely echos a lot of "hacks" and thefts in the crypto community, in that the person who takes the funds strangely doesn't sell or try to do anything with it.  It's more like the thefts are being done for the public image damage and not for monetary gain.  Starting to sound like a tin hatter but I could be on to something here.  

It's actually minimal compared to all the rampant thefts and hacks in the crypto community.

I'm sure you are familiar with the recent BTer theft which led to one coin to lose 5% of its' total supply and 60% of its' volume.   Bitcoin supposedly lost 7% through MtGox (although I'ld have to check that number again for verification).  These things are rather common place.

Losing 0.0015% of a coin is no  big deal in comparison.  

I am concerned about exchange security but I'm not sure what can be done to alleviate this except through more people embracing new innovations like the Multigateway

http://multigateway.org/

I haven't had a chance to use itself but, if their rhetoric is true, then the idea of a centralized third party exchange is done

(unless you need to convert into $Fiat but how many people on BTer were actually withdrawing Yauns?  Especially when we know these people who said they lost money and they were from USA / Germany / Italy / Russia?  Why does someone in USA or Europe need Chinese Yauns?!)

oldisoft

Activity: 854

https://iota.org/

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:41:29 PM

Hi all, as I know open source for NCC is ready-so ...why we have this info on our OP ?

Open Source NEM Community Client                - raw estimate: August 2014

xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:47:12 PM

Hi all, as I know open source for NCC is ready-so ...why we have this info on our OP ?

We have the info in the OP with big letters in red. Smiley

Will update that other section as well thought.

Edit: Done.
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 01:59:31 PM

When people had time to analyze the situation it turned out not to be a big deal.  It was only 0.0015% (less than 1%) of the supply and the person who scammed the stakes has not, last I check (which was a month plus after the event), even attempted to sell.

Strangely echos a lot of "hacks" and thefts in the crypto community, in that the person who takes the funds strangely doesn't sell or try to do anything with it.  It's more like the thefts are being done for the public image damage and not for monetary gain.  Starting to sound like a tin hatter but I could be on to something here.  

It's actually minimal compared to all the rampant thefts and hacks in the crypto community.

I'm sure you are familiar with the recent BTer theft which led to one coin to lose 5% of its' total supply and 60% of its' volume.   Bitcoin supposedly lost 7% through MtGox (although I'ld have to check that number again for verification).  These things are rather common place.

Losing 0.0015% of a coin is no  big deal in comparison.  

I am concerned about exchange security but I'm not sure what can be done to alleviate this except through more people embracing new innovations like the Multigateway

http://multigateway.org/

I haven't had a chance to use itself but, if their rhetoric is true, then the idea of a centralized third party exchange is done

(unless you need to convert into $Fiat but how many people on BTer were actually withdrawing Yauns?  Especially when we know these people who said they lost money and they were from USA / Germany / Italy / Russia?  Why does someone in USA or Europe need Chinese Yauns?!)

Fortunately patmast3r found out about the scam after only 6 stakes were lost, so we were pretty lucky. It does seem weird that the thief hasn't tried to do anything with the stakes yet. Hopefully they will get bored and send them back to pat.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 03:08:11 PM

https://i.imgur.com/vqK6ZYb.png

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 03:11:56 PM

Free fall   Angry
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 03:12:56 PM

It will bounce back. Markets are a funny thing.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
Pages: « 1 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 [189] 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: