Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:50:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 [432] 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984108 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 06:08:15 AM

Who are they?
Where can they be found?
And what will be our approach?

Who are they? - Great programmers
Where can they be found? - Through our NEM Network
And what will be our approach? - Incentivize these great programmers with reward using unclaimed stakes, support AltNemo

If the above cannot be done, then we can talk until the cows come home and watch the world pass by us.

Amidst fuds and trollers, there are enough leaders and visionaries in NEM. We need "Indians" to work on projects.

Indians aren't the only programmers Wink

Everyone wants to be a chieftain.

But yes, we need programmers at the beginning to build things on top of NEM. I think finding CSC students at universities is a great way.

Ok, this is a great start.

Programmers. How do we find programmers from outside the crypto community? Do we go to other forums theyy frequent and let them know how they can be a part of our movement? Are the organizations they are a part of that we can approach? Where else can we find them?

CSC students. How do we approach them? What groups are they a part of? Do we have a CSC student that is part of the community now that would have an interest in helping out with this?

That is two great ideas of how to grow the community past those that already are involved in crypto.

What are some others that in general are not involved in crypto, but would be the type that would interested if approached correctly?

Two big ones so far, who else?

The above exercise would be good if we have a team that will work on it. Most are armchair critiques. Sadly, nothing gets done. I have tried for months. Perhaps you want to take over this role and go work it out for me? Wink

Put money on table and go hire. That will solve our problem. The problem starts here in our community. We need to work on getting the fund.

Maybe you want to go here and see how you can crack that instead. It would be better to tackle the root problem:

https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2501.0;

The community is pretty inert when it comes to the above. But when it comes to spoils, they are very vociferous. This describes it most succinctly.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg9429519#msg9429519

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 06:18:02 AM

Who are they?
Where can they be found?

And what will be our approach? - Incentivize these great programmers with reward using unclaimed stakes, support AltNemo

If the above cannot be done, then we can talk until the cows come home and watch the world pass by us.

Amidst fuds and trollers, there are enough leaders and visionaries in NEM. We need "Indians" to work on projects.

But yes, we need programmers at the beginning to build things on top of NEM. I think finding CSC students at universities is a great way.

Programmers. How do we find programmers from outside the crypto community? Do we go to other forums theyy frequent and let them know how they can be a part of our movement? Are there organizations they are a part of that we can approach? Where else can we find them?

CSC students. How do we approach them? What groups are they a part of? Do we have a CSC student that is part of the community now that would have an interest in helping out with this?

That is two great ideas of how to grow the community past those that already are involved in crypto.

What are some others that in general are not involved in crypto, but would be the type that would interested if approached correctly?

I think Makoto can be a bit of an idealist.  In practical terms nobody is going to scour the universities to shake up students who are busy with assignments, midterms and finals.  This is something that already had been in *cannot be mentioned* alternate which has been hitting up Prague's universities for talent and hasn't had any success.

Given the current capitalization and funding the best way to get funding is to advertise actual employment to developers in cheaper cost of labour countries which Nemsters have connections.  This means countries like Vietnam, Philippines, China, Ukraine or even Latin America.    This means online job postings and somebody would have to play human resources.

No boiler room (slave labour) developers as this is the new economy movement and we should be supporting "fair trade developers" (like fair trade coffee) and it doesn't cost that much to provide a middle class livelihood in a lot of those countries.

It is possible to hire students cheaply, too. I used to have part time jobs when I was an undergrad and masters student.

But yes, providing sustainable salaries to people in developing countries would be a step in the right direction.

At the end of the day, it seems that providing venture funding for legitimate companies that can hire people and work to expand NEM is probably one of the best solutions we can come up with.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 06:19:51 AM

Who are they?
Where can they be found?

Programmers. How do we find programmers from outside the crypto community? Do we go to other forums theyy frequent and let them know how they can be a part of our movement? Are there organizations they are a part of that we can approach? Where else can we find them?

I think Makoto can be a bit of an idealist.  In practical terms nobody is going to scour the universities to shake up students who are busy with assignments, midterms and finals.  This is something that already had been in *cannot be mentioned* alternate which has been hitting up Prague's universities for talent and hasn't had any success.

Given the current capitalization and funding the best way to get funding is to advertise actual employment to developers in cheaper cost of labour countries which Nemsters have connections.  This means countries like Vietnam, Philippines, China, Ukraine or even Latin America.    This means online job postings and somebody would have to play human resources.

No boiler room (slave labour) developers as this is the new economy movement and we should be supporting "fair trade developers" (like fair trade coffee) and it doesn't cost that much to provide a middle class livelihood in a lot of those countries.

I am not sure about Ukraine or Latin America, but with an Asian background, I can vouch that good programmers in Asia are far and few in between. I have ever run a software development company before and I can tell you that I almost vomitted blood trying to help programmers solve problems that I hired them for!
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 06:28:21 AM

I'm definitely an idealist, though Cheesy

I try very hard not to lose my idealism in this dark world.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 07:14:39 AM

Who are they?
Where can they be found?

I am not sure about Ukraine or Latin America, but with an Asian background, I can vouch that good programmers in Asia are far and few in between. I have ever run a software development company before and I can tell you that I almost vomitted blood trying to help programmers solve problems that I hired them for!

I have a good friend in Korea who is a programmer. (He's korean and extremely intelligent) He complained and complained about the lack of quality of his coworkers. Finally, he just got a job in America working for a company making in house phone apps for large businesses with strict needs. 

He's the exact type of person NEM needs. I think if 50 guys like him joined NEM, this platform would be pretty unstoppable. To that extent, I think Makoto is fairly on point. I think we should be trying to recruit and get technological campuses into NEM. Bitcoin is air dropping on MIT. I soooo wish that was NEM instead. But it's not too late. There are 500 other tech schools out there.

The number one recruiting ground for cults is universities. I'm not saying NEM should send in creeps and try to brainwash the youth, but I do think it is a legitimate area to focus on. Lots of potential for growth there.

NXT had "71 investors" but what a crypto really needs is a platform 71 developers coordinated with 71 marketers. This first crypto to get organized and do just that can probably be the winner. Right now the competition is all a bunch of amateurs. One serious team could smash it's way into crypto if done right.  That's why my latest fear for NEM is the new IBM/Samsung partnership to build a blockchain. I would me be so happy if what we did is to build a platform and have them join us, the same way Counterparty built a platform and is getting Overstocks backing.

I'm serious that the first crypto project to go full steam a head with its 100% can seriously turn this whole crypto field upside down in just a few years. Bitcoin is an awesome experiment that probably wasn't ever meant to getthis far and the rest is just a handful of underfunded and undermanned teams.

makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 07:23:55 AM

Who are they?
Where can they be found?

I have a good friend in Korea who is a programmer. (He's korean and extremely intelligent) He complained and complained about the lack of quality of his coworkers. Finally, he just got a job in America working for a company making in house phone apps for large businesses with strict needs. 

He's the exact type of person NEM needs. I think if 50 guys like him joined NEM, this platform would be pretty unstoppable. To that extent, I think Makoto is fairly on point. I think we should be trying to recruit and get technological campuses into NEM. Bitcoin is air dropping on MIT. I soooo wish that was NEM instead. But it's not too late. There are 500 other tech schools out there.

The number one recruiting ground for cults is universities. I'm not saying NEM should send in creeps and try to brainwash the youth, but I do think it is a legitimate area to focus on. Lots of potential for growth there.

NXT had "71 investors" but what a crypto really needs is a platform 71 developers coordinated with 71 marketers. This first crypto to get organized and do just that can probably be the winner. Right now the competition is all a bunch of amateurs. One serious team could smash it's way into crypto if done right.  That's why my latest fear for NEM is the new IBM/Samsung partnership to build a blockchain. I would me be so happy if what we did is to build a platform and have them join us, the same way Counterparty built a platform and is getting Overstocks backing.

I'm serious that the first crypto project to go full steam a head with its 100% can seriously turn this whole crypto field upside down in just a few years. Bitcoin is an awesome experiment that probably wasn't ever meant to getthis far and the rest is just a handful of underfunded and undermanned teams.

I think airdropping won't create interest.

What will create interest is to hire students as programmers and have them build stuff for the NEM ecosystem. We can ask professors who the best students are and then offer them part time jobs.

I went to a really great school for CSC for my master's and students there worked 15 hours/week for about $15 an hour. We could offer $20/hr and hire some really great people.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
Istanbul34

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 07:57:23 AM

Is there an instruction about how to launch the standalone NEM client? Not the web, because that doesn't work for me.

?
Spider

Activity: 171

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 08:08:11 AM

Is there an instruction about how to launch the standalone NEM client? Not the web, because that doesn't work for me.

?
Here's the instruction I am using:
-download the package
-run runNis.bat, wait
-run runNcc.bat, wait
-open http://127.0.0.1:8989/ncc/web/index.html in your browser.

forum.nem.io
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 08:11:50 AM

?
-download the package
-run runNis.bat, wait
-run runNcc.bat, wait

You can download the standalone tgz at http://bob.nem.ninja/

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
nembit86

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 08:30:21 AM

can i  buy NEMgold now? after buying, what should i do latter?

Yes, Nemgold are still available. Go to Altnemo.com  for instructions

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
Istanbul34

Activity: 232

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 08:38:11 AM

?
-download the package
-run runNis.bat, wait
-run runNcc.bat, wait

You can download the standalone tgz at http://bob.nem.ninja/

Thank you!

This should be in the OP or in a readme file in the standalone package.

These are really easy steps. But I could never thought of this on myself.
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 08:38:50 AM

i'm a bit confused.

Maybe my question will happen very stupid, but i need to be sure: how can i know for sure that i'm a BTT Stakeholders?

What i think: NXT AE Stakeholders are only who have bought a NEM stake with NXT...is it correct??

Nxt AE stakeholders are those who have their stake on the Nxt AE. They either bought it there or requested for it to be issued there.

If your stake is not on the Nxt AE and you are present on the final stakeholder list, then you are a btt stakeholder.

thx a lot. I don't find final stakeholder list anymore...can you link it?

For the future please note that this kind of info can always be found in the OP. Here it is: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ak91SD0veCeddDdmTkdaWV8zbHp2dWlodDVEVUItbXc&usp=sharing#gid=10

thanks again! i'm in the waiting list invitation...so can i be sure that i'm a BTT Stakeholders?

Did you receive a token? Then you can be 100% sure.  Wink

received, yes! and i've already registred it! Cheesy
OrgiOrg

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 08:39:05 AM

so, i installed NEM, created a real data account and transfer the stake from NXT AE with the encrypted message of my real data NEM account (N....)

and now  Huh  Huh  Huh

i'm still logged in with another NEM account (T....). When and how do i see my NEMs in my wallet and can start with harvesting?
grukhatib

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 08:46:17 AM

Can anyone say what is true here, please?

To get nems we must be in register before  22nd day.?

To be in register we must use nem Beta application. ?

The Beta works in Linux?

We have tried Beta in Linux but the client screen stays blank. Both nis and ncc scripts are run in their own terminal windows and both say that ready for 127.0.0.1 etc etc and no errors.
The browser window for ncc port remains blank.
Whats the problem?

If we cant get it workin, it means that we will not get any coins?  Sad

Tompa

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 08:47:20 AM

so, i installed NEM, created a real data account and transfer the stake from NXT AE with the encrypted message of my real data NEM account (N....)

and now  Huh  Huh  Huh

i'm still logged in with another NEM account (T....). When and how do i see my NEMs in my wallet and can start with harvesting?

Now you can check if you have successfully registered here (use ctrl-f to find easier): https://chain.nem.ninja/stakes/registered

Yes, it is normal to still have anly T (test) addresses and "account" since real NEMs haven't yet been released.

If you want to test the system you can do that by using testNEMs. Just put your testNEM address in the signature or go to official forum and request it there:
https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2547.0
You can harvest with testNEMs but it is all just for testing for now.

Further instructions/info will be posted soon. Please check frequently this thread as well as other resources:

patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 08:52:27 AM

and now  Huh  Huh  Huh

Now you can check if you have successfully registered here (use ctrl-f to find easier): https://chain.nem.ninja/stakes/registered

Yes, it is normal to still have anly T (test) addresses and "account" since real NEMs haven't yet been released.

If you want to test the system you can do that by using testNEMs. Just put your testNEM address in the signature or go to official forum and request it there:

Further instructions/info will be posted soon. Please check frequently this thread as well as other resources:

plus it was supposed to be UNENCRYPTED as in NOT ENCRYPTED. Well, more manual work for me.

xiexie

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 08:54:18 AM

WAIT FOR the final.

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QRPSPNQhiw7fwvU86Pvo2QTHhio8GmndWS
Free Distribution 50,000,000 VPNCOIN !!! VoMrrTdcMzz7QQjnCF2Dca4nzGBrhj3crZ[/color]
OrgiOrg

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 08:54:47 AM

thanks for fast reply ... forget the "un" before encrypted! ... no more work for you with my account ;-)

edit: i'm on the list! everything fine!
BloodyRookie

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 08:57:41 AM

We have tried Beta in Linux but the client screen stays blank. Both nis and ncc scripts are run in their own terminal windows and both say that ready for 127.0.0.1 etc etc and no errors.
The browser window for ncc port remains blank.
Whats the problem?

If we cant get it workin, it means that we will not get any coins?  Sad

Do you navigate to http://127.0.0.1:8989/ncc/web/index.html or just http://127.0.0.1?

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
NOjust

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 08:59:06 AM

and now  Huh  Huh  Huh

thanks for this useful information.

Pages: « 1 ... 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 [432] 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: