Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:20:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 [430] 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984108 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Djentriser

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 10:08:27 PM

So how can be stake registered right now? I havent registered yet but I have NEM adress.
Can I just put there my token and real NEM adress? Or is there some special process for late comers?

If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 10:09:54 PM

What is the deadline for the second stage of redemption? I'm really busy right now and don't want to miss out ...
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 10:17:47 PM

What is the deadline for the second stage of redemption? I'm really busy right now and don't want to miss out ...

No idea.  It is not written anywhere.  All I see here is a date of November 22, maybe the day after on November 23 is when coins are sent out to launch wallets?

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 10:19:48 PM

So how can be stake registered right now? I havent registered yet but I have NEM adress.
Can I just put there my token and real NEM adress? Or is there some special process for late comers?

No idea.  It is not written anywhere.  All I see here is a date of November 22, maybe the day after on November 23 is when coins are sent out to launch wallets?

Info can be found both here: https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2631.msg8425#msg8425 and here: https://medium.com/@xtester/updated-phase-2-redemption-guide-401e63b43344

And you're right, 22 November is the deadline.
xtester

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 10:22:17 PM

NEM Beta 0.4.17 is here: https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2635.msg8431#msg8431

Enjoy.  Smiley
TaunSew

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 10:30:15 PM

Do we actually have to keep on downloading these things or does our monitor update?

Already lost a testnet account with like 8 million NEM in it.   Cry

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
lx001

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 10:41:23 PM

I still cannot change languages. Click on any and nothing happens. If I close ncc and open it again - the whole text dissappears from everywhere
Spider

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 10:45:50 PM

I still cannot change languages. Click on any and nothing happens. If I close ncc and open it again - the whole text dissappears from everywhere
It works fine here.

forum.nem.io
BloodyRookie

Activity: 687

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 10:48:03 PM

Hi lx001,

can you please check if you are indeed running 0.4.17 by selecting the menu item "client info"?
If not, try to uninstall nem and reinstall.
On some systems webstart is still giving us problems.

Bloody Rookie

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
xtester

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 10:49:19 PM

Do we actually have to keep on downloading these things or does our monitor update?

It should auto-update but webstart still seems to have some problems on some systems.
BloodyRookie

Activity: 687

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 10:49:58 PM

Hi TaunSew,

usually it should be enough to shut down the software and relaunch by double clicking the nem monitor icon.
But we are still struggling with webstart not updating on some systems.

Bloody Rookie

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
Kmonk

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 11:02:42 PM

I don't really understand why people want to just duplicate existing fiat systems here in the crypto world. Shouldn't we be trying to thinking of better systems that won't enslave all of humanity?

This is a classic Stockholm syndrome reaction.

So how much of NEM's soul needs to be sold for that slot in the limelight?  
TaunSew

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 11:35:43 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2014, 12:05:09 AM by TaunSew

I don't really understand why people want to just duplicate existing fiat systems here in the crypto world. Shouldn't we be trying to thinking of better systems that won't enslave all of humanity?

Credit & Financing came before the existing fiat systems.  Credit & Financing is something which goes back several millennia and it is a requirement for most entrepreneurial activity.    You need an institutionalized middle man to do risk assessment and to loan out capital to entrepreneurs.

Where the enslavement part comes is the lack of sound money and the subsequent inflation & stagflation.   

bahamapascal

Activity: 695

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 11:38:55 PM

Guys, how about sending out PM's, so that stake holders actually know that phase 2 has started? I only found out through FaceBook that phase 2 started Tongue

i mailed pat about that already(about half an hour ago actually..) if he doesnt have time i should be able to send out.

OK, thats great.
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 12:33:54 AM

In what context does the statement correlate to Stockholm syndrome reaction? Care to elaborate?
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 12:47:39 AM
Last edit: November 04, 2014, 11:13:46 PM by rockethead

Reading  comments from some NEM main members questioning people's reading skills/intelligence because they don't know what to do is rather insulting. What if english is not someone's first language? How are they able to follow this maze of information?

Point me to that post.

These are just two that I found quickly, but there are more:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg9369257#msg9369257

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg9298104#msg9298104

You are vindictive aren't you? You carried another name here before in the NEM forum?

You sure act like a kid who's been deprived of his candy.
dodgecharger

Activity: 1005

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 12:48:03 AM

Beta 0.4.17 works very well, Great work Team Dev  Smiley
if any member of the Portuguese language need help let me know

Beta 0.4.17 funciona muito bem, Grande trabalho time desenvolvedor  Smiley
se algum membro de língua portuguesa precisar de ajuda me avise
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 12:57:46 AM

It works fine here.

Changing languages works fine in 0.4.17. However, traditional Chinese seems to have some trouble, so I am looking into that.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 01:01:29 AM

Credit & Financing came before the existing fiat systems.  Credit & Financing is something which goes back several millennia and it is a requirement for most entrepreneurial activity.    You need an institutionalized middle man to do risk assessment and to loan out capital to entrepreneurs.

Where the enslavement part comes is the lack of sound money and the subsequent inflation & stagflation.   

Credit/financing can be done using crypto in a decentralized way, without resorting to monolithic centralization.

We could probably use NEM business rules to let people do micro loans to others and receive small payments/interest in return. Trust could be handled based on public feedback and also importance score could be used as part of a rating system. This rating system could be a layer built on top of NEM, but the actual financing would be P2P, decentralized. With such a system, people could still get financing to build new things and the world would be flatter.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 01:04:03 AM

Reading  comments from some NEM main members questioning people's reading skills/intelligence because they don't know what to do is rather insulting. What if english is not someone's first language? How are they able to follow this maze of information?

Point me to that post.

These are just two that I found quickly, but there are more:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg9369257#msg9369257

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg9298104#msg9298104

I agree that things are confusing. It would be nice if we could update the homepage to clearly list redemption info.

This page that xtester put together should help simplify, though, so please spread it around: https://medium.com/@xtester/updated-phase-2-redemption-guide-401e63b43344

Deadline is Nov 22 for stake redemption.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
Pages: « 1 ... 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 [430] 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: