Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:36:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 [444] 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984119 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
nembit86

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 12:43:53 PM

What is technically going on here is actually appeasement of a minority opinion of stakeholders.   The sample poll was in favor of 8 billion coins

TaunSew, sorry to be so blunt, but why dont you go crap somewhere else?

You are refferring to a poll, where as of now ONLY 59 stakeholders OUT of MORE THAN 3000 asked for two times more coins.
There is no consensus for the 8 billion coins, you are creating a fake image.

EDIT: a poll YOU started on: October 18, 2014, 01:53:28 AM » and locked it on  October 25, 2014, 01:53:28 AM

59 out of 3000+ is not a majority.

Also, on the superstition front, please give me a brake, if they were afraid of numbers, WHY ON EARTH DID THEY DECIDE to become stakeholders WHEN THEY KNEW that 4billion was the way to go?
If they were afraid of the "death" number, why did they join in the first place, it doesn't make sense.

Did they know that the coin supply would change at the end?
Stop referring to "Asians" as a uniform piece of meat.

What this is, is the personal greed of certain vocal users. Not the consensus in the community, in any way.

The thing is that we dont know what the other members think because they couldnt be bothered to vote.

Well, that doesn't mean that because 59 voted, they can take 3000 people along, does it?
It means that the plan was shot down, from the people that either did not want to vote, or had the time.

In any case, the excuses that people have put forth so far for this change is kindergarden level.

I dont think so.

Yeahm well this is a free world wide web, you are free to try and use a reasonable argument, instead of
"59 people are the majority of the 3000 stakeholders"
or
"asians are afraid of numbers, at launch but not when they enter the IPO"

The last comment on page 478 by Randombit provided simple but good reasons for adopting the 8 billion number.

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 12:49:01 PM

@nembit56 I had a fealing someone would crack that one out. Ha did ya read about the Irish women in s.Korea that got told (in reply to an email application) that they don't want Irish cos we are all drunks and in a different place she got told (again by email) if she gets the job to lay off the drink during the week? Haha I had to chuckle at that.. The stereotype is so bad lol

Yes, I did read that article but dont worry Im only just a wee bit bit behind you as I am a Scot....and I'll probably be a bit tipsy myself tonight as we are having guests and making a curry and the 2 bottles of white and 2 bottles of red WILL be consumed post haste... Grin Wink

I am not sure if a Scot is a "wee bit behind" or way in front. All I know is that Whiskey is 6-7 times more than Guinness Stout in Alcohol by volume. For an Irishman to drink 3 times more than a Scotsman, then there is a high chance that the Scotsman is more drunk than the Irishman. Wink
okaynow

Activity: 546

PGP 9CB0902E

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 12:49:26 PM

What is technically going on here is actually appeasement of a minority opinion of stakeholders.   The sample poll was in favor of 8 billion coins

You are refferring to a poll, where as of now ONLY 59 stakeholders OUT of MORE THAN 3000 asked for two times more coins.

EDIT: a poll YOU started on: October 18, 2014, 01:53:28 AM » and locked it on  October 25, 2014, 01:53:28 AM

Also, on the superstition front, please give me a brake, if they were afraid of numbers, WHY ON EARTH DID THEY DECIDE to become stakeholders WHEN THEY KNEW that 4billion was the way to go?
If they were afraid of the "death" number, why did they join in the first place, it doesn't make sense.

What this is, is the personal greed of certain vocal users. Not the consensus in the community, in any way.

The thing is that we dont know what the other members think because they couldnt be bothered to vote.

Well, that doesn't mean that because 59 voted, they can take 3000 people along, does it?
It means that the plan was shot down, from the people that either did not want to vote, or had the time.

In any case, the excuses that people have put forth so far for this change is kindergarden level.

I dont think so.

Yeahm well this is a free world wide web, you are free to try and use a reasonable argument, instead of
or

The last comment on page 478 by Randombit provided simple but good reasons for adopting the 8 billion number.

There is not a single argument here that makes sense, except for the "i want more coins" argument:

- its a better marketing Number to explain
Duh... This does not make any sense whatsoever. i work at an advertising agency, i can market 4 or 2 billion just as easy as 8.
- 8 Billion Humans in the near future
or maybe 10? Why is the earth population relevant to NEM project?
- 8 is a lucky number in many cultures (particularly for asians)
so is 4, 7 or 2 again. Superstition is irrelevant.
- wider distrubution
more coins for you and me =/= wider distribution. 3000 stakes of 1 mil is the same distribution with 3000 stakes of 2mil.
- in the area of Mathematik stands a lying eight for eternity!
it is not an eight, it is two zeros stuck together, how about that?

Rarity, technological innovation and user adoption is what gives value to crytocurrencies, not the massive amounts of coins in the genesis block.

1PeecNu1J8VNKpgR13nasMZWLcMZrwNJfc
nembit86

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 12:55:55 PM

I dont think so.

or

There is not a single argument here that makes sense, except for the "i want more coins" argument:

Duh... This does not make any sense whatsoever. i work at an advertising agency, i can market 4 or 2 billion just as easy as 8.
- wider distrubution
more coins for you and me =/= wider distribution. 3000 stakes of 1 mil is the same distribution with 3000 stakes of 2mil.

Whats your reasons for 4 billion? And please dont say ' because its always been that number '........devs have stated its easy to change the number, people should be taking stakes out of the AE by now and remember in the real world if you do nothing and say nothing you probably are the type to be led...like all those who never voted.

rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 12:56:39 PM

EDIT: a poll YOU started on: October 18, 2014, 01:53:28 AM » and locked it on  October 25, 2014, 01:53:28 AM

Well thousands read in the facebook. If they cared, they would have voted. Less than 80 voted for the logo, despite 4 months of deliberation. What does that say? Did you vote for the number of coins to be distributed?
okaynow

PGP 9CB0902E

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 01:00:06 PM

my reasons are in bold RED and BLACK letters in all the quotes above.

Take a minute to read them instead of merely quoting them.

okaynow

PGP 9CB0902E

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 01:03:03 PM

Well thousands read in the facebook. If they cared, they would have voted. Less than 80 voted for the logo, despite 4 months of deliberation. What does that say? Did you vote for the number of coins to be distributed?

Again, the fallacy.
Just because 59 out of 3000 can be all day everyday infront of a screen, it does not mean they get to choose for the rest of the people.

This is complete and utter stupidity nonsense, at least, if not anything worse.

Saying that 59 out of 3000 is the majority of anything proves more than you think.
There is a plan, we should stick to it and not make arbitrary changes in the last minute with the help of straw man arguments, "because we can"

kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 01:06:22 PM

I dont think so.

or

- wider distrubution

Rarity, technological innovation and user adoption is what gives value to crytocurrencies, not the massive amounts of coins in the genesis block.
and that folks is how you win a debate haha

I agree actually I havnt seen one compelling reason to change it.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 01:06:31 PM

I dont think so.

or

- wider distrubution

That's what you think. Have you got facts to back up massive amount of coins in the genesis won't add value to the crypto? Further have you got facts, given everything else is equal that rarity will have a total sum value that is greater than a massive amount of coins?

If you don't I'd refrain from making general kindergarten statements. Your statements are merely statements, much as some other people. The general trend is, most who are against it have nothing more solid than those who are for it. They are less than likely to engage themselves in a constructive and logical discussion other than to present themselves as fudsters and trollers.
lovely89

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 01:08:07 PM

Again, the fallacy.
Just because 59 out of 3000 can be all day everyday infront of a screen, it does not mean they get to choose for the rest of the people.

This is complete and utter stupidity nonsens, at least, if not anything worse.

Saying that 59 out of 3000 is the majority of anything proves more than you think.

I hold a number of stakes but won't vote unless it is an official poll. Not some bitcointalk poll where trolls do as they wish.

Bitrated user: vanlovely.
rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 01:09:33 PM

Again, the fallacy.

This is complete and utter stupidity nonsense, at least, if not anything worse.

There is a plan, we should stick to it and not make arbitrary changes in the last minute with the help of straw man arguments, "because we can"

The fact remains that a couple of thousands read and they did not bother. Why are you harping on 59?
Conurtrol

Activity: 478

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 01:10:12 PM

I think the devs made the right decision. The 4 billion number was tied to the NXT narrative and it is a good idea to decouple from that. I agree that the asian superstition part was silly, as all superstitions are, but the devs listened to the community and made a good pragmatic business decision. This bodes well for the future of NEM.
nembit86

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 01:11:10 PM

Again, the fallacy.

I hold a number of stakes but won't vote unless it is an official poll. Not some bitcointalk poll where trolls do as they wish.

I believe both polls were on the nem forum......not btt

patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 01:11:26 PM

I think the devs made the right decision. The 4 billion number was tied to the NXT narrative and it is a good idea to decouple from that. I agree that the asian superstition part was silly, as all superstitions are, but the devs listened to the community and made a good pragmatic business decision. This bodes well for the future of NEM.

Is it really set in stone ?
Where was that announced ?

okaynow

PGP 9CB0902E

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 01:12:36 PM

there is absolutely no reasoning for such a change at this time of development, other that acquiring more coins.
No-one has given ANY reasonable argument, so please take your opinion on the shelf next to mine.

Once there is any kind of reasonable argument, we can get out of the kindergarden. In the mean time,
59 people are in no way a majority.
The majority of the stakeholders DID NOT VOTE FOR SUCH A CHANGE.

So, if you and anyone else believes that you are entitled to carry on with changes AGAINST the community, you should state so in clear and coherent manner and not hide such attempts behind fake polls and manipulative posts.

Conurtrol

Activity: 478

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 01:12:56 PM

Is it really set in stone ?
Where was that announced ?

Apologies, I thought it was but I am mistaken.
nembit86

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 01:13:08 PM

Has the decision been made ? .....it will have to be made soon anyway....

rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 01:13:19 PM

Again, the fallacy.

Well, if you cared, you would have voted on it. If you kept quiet, who is to know? Logo was official and it only attracted 78 voters. This is 19 less. Maybe you are just one of the 19 who did not bother.
okaynow

PGP 9CB0902E

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 01:16:50 PM

The fact remains that a couple of thousands read and they did not bother. Why are you harping on 59?

Because Rockethead, the poor 59 souls who voted for 8bil cannot be held as the majority of NEM.
They might aswell be UF's sockpuppets.

nembit86

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 01:17:18 PM

there is absolutely no reasoning for such a change at this time of development, other that acquiring more coins.
No-one has given ANY reasonable argument, so please take your opinion on the shelf next to mine.

Once there is any kind of reasonable argument, we can get out of the kindergarden. In the mean time,
59 people are in no way a majority.
The majority of the stakeholders DID NOT VOTE FOR SUCH A CHANGE.

So, if you and anyone else believes that you are entitled to carry on with changes AGAINST the community, you should state so in clear and coherent manner and not hide such attempts behind fake polls and manipulative posts.

This is stupid. People need to vote for to put over their views. If you dont vote you end up being led.

Pages: « 1 ... 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 [444] 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: