Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:00:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 [442] 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984119 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BloodyRookie

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 11:57:42 AM

Thats a very stupid move, dont do it. 4 billion is the way to go.
That is a smart move. Do it. 8 Billion is the way to go.
If I understand correctly, after the doubling, the fees will be cheaper by 50% and sending NEM will be 8 times cheaper than sending NXT. Am I right?

No, the fees will double too. The fees are already very low. We don't want to make it too cheap to spam the network.

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 12:00:03 PM

The issue as I have now come to understand it is simply a doubling of the total amount.  The percentage of each stake remains unchanged (I.e. 1MM NEM is now 2MM NEM).

The genesis of this change being the apparent Chinese superstition regarding the number "4".

The genesis of the change may have been an apparent Chinese superstition. But then some attempted rationale was put forth to increase its number regardless. Hence the figure of 8 Billion came about although a larger number is still something that can be pondered and weighed upon.

It was 4 billion that was picked out the air. After discussion by Nemsters on the Forum the number 8 billion came up for a variety of reasons and was decidedly liked by most over the original 4 B.

Do we want to cater for the Asians? Any Asian new to the movement would probably pick 8 billion rather than 4
Also I agree that when NEM becomes popular, do we want to talk about decimal points like BtC....I find it confusing when something is worth 0.00065 of a btc for example. Perhaps 80 billion would bring pricing amounts up to closer to what we are all familiar with.

What is the point for such a big change at this point? People who have bought their stakes in AE will get confused and the same effect go along with those who does not visit this topic regulary. Given the point that devaluation of NEM could seriously harm the price, IMO Just burn one NEM.

That is just a terrible choice from marketing- and economics perspective.

Don't understand what you mean by confused. If they are ever confused, they will more than likely think it is our mistake and getting 2 times the amount may well turn out to be a pleasant surprise.

"Terrible choice from marketing and economics perspective" You may want to elaborate instead of making a statement?

Exactly. If you had made it 2 billion, there would be an outcry from people who didnt know about the change. With 8 billion they will receive double and be trilled
banders

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 01:04:09 PM

The issue as I have now come to understand it is simply a doubling of the total amount.  The percentage of each stake remains unchanged (I.e. 1MM NEM is now 2MM NEM).

The genesis of this change being the apparent Chinese superstition regarding the number "4".

The genesis of the change may have been an apparent Chinese superstition. But then some attempted rationale was put forth to increase its number regardless. Hence the figure of 8 Billion came about although a larger number is still something that can be pondered and weighed upon.

It was 4 billion that was picked out the air. After discussion by Nemsters on the Forum the number 8 billion came up for a variety of reasons and was decidedly liked by most over the original 4 B.

Do we want to cater for the Asians? Any Asian new to the movement would probably pick 8 billion rather than 4
Also I agree that when NEM becomes popular, do we want to talk about decimal points like BtC....I find it confusing when something is worth 0.00065 of a btc for example. Perhaps 80 billion would bring pricing amounts up to closer to what we are all familiar with.

What is the point for such a big change at this point? People who have bought their stakes in AE will get confused and the same effect go along with those who does not visit this topic regulary. Given the point that devaluation of NEM could seriously harm the price, IMO Just burn one NEM.

Don't understand what you mean by confused. If they are ever confused, they will more than likely think it is our mistake and getting 2 times the amount may well turn out to be a pleasant surprise.

"Terrible choice from marketing and economics perspective" You may want to elaborate instead of making a statement?

Exactly. If you had made it 2 billion, there would be an outcry from people who didnt know about the change. With 8 billion they will receive double and be trilled

Is the 4 billion now being changed?
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 01:17:43 PM

Is the 4 billion now being changed?

https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2531.msg6776#msg6776

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 04:51:41 PM

when is the launch? We are getting past early Nov on the OP info.
romawi

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 04:56:22 PM

when is the launch? We are getting past early Nov on the OP info.

From the OP, below of the schedule:

Note: none of the above information is set in stone and will most likely be subject to change as we make progress.

solix

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 05:05:09 PM

Guys, get those addresses out of your posts and in to your sigs or you'll make infinite work for our moderator(s) Smiley. Put it in your sig, and then say "send me some", at which point us nemesis folks will happily make you rich.

Your Ad here! PM us now if you'd like to advertise here.
Quantum_Mechanics

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 05:15:36 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2014, 11:55:51 PM by Quantum_Mechanics

Hi Guys,

I am at stakeholder list (Tasunko).
I create NEM account: T...
But i haven't got balance.
please help me. Sorry for my bad english.

I don't see your name here: https://chain.nem.ninja/stakes/registered

Read carefully this post !

NEM is not launched yet, we are in Redemption stage.

Have you registered your token (received by PM) during phase 1 ?

If you do, we are now in phase 2 regarding BTT stakeholders, you have to register here : https://chain.nem.ninja/stakes/
/!\ /!\ You'll need your token and the Real NEM address (starting with N) you generated in BETA (and stored SOMEWHERE SAFE with associated Private and Public keys).

/!\ /!\ AGAIN, Be sure you have stored, somewhere safe, the Private Key associated with the REAL NEM address you'll use here https://chain.nem.ninja/stakes/ ! You can verify your keys under "Verify real account data" in BETA to be sure your REAL NEM address match these keys.

If you don't registered your token during phase 1, you should send a PM to patmast3r

NAMOAV-HFVPJ6-FP32YP-2GCM64-WSRMKX-A5KKYW-WHPY
xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 09:32:51 PM

Please refrain from posting or quoting any wallet addresses here, otherwise your post will be immediately deleted in order to prevent the closure of this thread.
teletobi

Activity: 734

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 09:55:48 PM

FYI, the "Verify your real Account Data" is not visible in german Translation. You can activate it by choosing the Gap, but it´s not visible!

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
BloodyRookie

Activity: 687

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 11:23:18 PM

@teletobi: which version are you running? please check "client info" menu item.

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
Coinshot

Activity: 521

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 01:12:39 AM

What is the deadline for phase 2? I did not see any date mentioned anywhere.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 01:17:44 AM

Nov 22

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
Coinshot

Activity: 521

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 01:24:29 AM

Nov 22

Thanks.

Its the same for claiming NEMstake redemptions?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 01:32:54 AM

Nov 22

Thanks.

Its the same for claiming NEMstake redemptions?

Yes. However, people seem to be kind of slow in redeeming, so it will likely be extended. For now, both NXT AE and BTT stake holders have the deadline of Nov 22.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
randombit
Legendary

Activity: 1447
Merit: 1028

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 01:54:33 AM

+

Best move from 4 to 8 billion!!

So many benefits to support 8 Billion.

At first for all of you!,  nothing will be realy changed,  the percentage of recieving and distribution of coins is still the same! So what are you talking about?

The benefits of 8 Billion is,

- its a better marketing Number to explain
- 8 Billion Humans in the near future
- 8 is a lucky number in many cultures (particularly for asians)
- wider distrubution
- in the area of Mathematik stands a lying eight for eternity!

What is your answer if the media would ask you   "why has NEM 4 Billion coins??"  would it be  litecoin has the 4x times of bitcoin and NEM has the 4 times of NXT??   Do you realy like this answer?  think about!,  there is no real argument for 4 billion.

I think 8 Billion is the best move

gsxrl3oi

Activity: 315

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:04:16 AM

Man no more joking around. make  22 the deadline for crying out loud. if they dont want to
redeem then tax them. what makes them so special to hold everyone else up. I mean come on. Sorry if I seem like im complaining but it's time that we get firm on the deadline.
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 03:40:16 AM

+

Best move from 4 to 8 billion!!

So many benefits to support 8 Billion.

At first for all of you!,  nothing will be realy changed,  the percentage of recieving and distribution of coins is still the same! So what are you talking about?

The benefits of 8 Billion is,

- its a better marketing Number to explain
- 8 Billion Humans in the near future
- 8 is a lucky number in many cultures (particularly for asians)
- wider distrubution
- in the area of Mathematik stands a lying eight for eternity!

What is your answer if the media would ask you   "why has NEM 4 Billion coins??"  would it be  litecoin has the 4x times of bitcoin and NEM has the 4 times of NXT??   Do you realy like this answer?  think about!,  there is no real argument for 4 billion.

I think 8 Billion is the best move

I think the points for 8 billion are stronger. I also want to break from the NEM is to NXT as Litecoin is to Bitcoin narrative.  First of all Litecoin is dying.  Second of all so many things have changed with NEM since then including the devs, the concept, the code, and much of the community, so I think it's good to change that last thing to show that this project is indeed a very unique and adaptable project. 

DarkhorseofNxt

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 04:37:03 AM

Make it 8 trillion. Sounds much better.

kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 04:37:27 AM

Man no more joking around. make  22 the deadline for crying out loud. if they dont want to
redeem then tax them. what makes them so special to hold everyone else up. I mean come on. Sorry if I seem like im complaining but it's time that we get firm on the deadline.

if the deadline is extended then its going to be for a damn good reason.. decisions that are made are not made lightly and are ALWAYS for the betterment of nem. people need to understand that everything the team decides to do is for the good of nem and its community and most certainly not for personal gains/benefits. imagine what would have happened if we had launched a couple weeks ago or even a week ago like some people were calling out for? the network would have forked like it did, webstart would be causing many people problems and who knows what other issues would have popped up, all this resulting in a crashing price and near total loss of faith in the team.

but because of the decisions the team has made this has not happened. because of the decisions the team has made nem has not crashed and burned. because of the decisions the team has made we are still looking pretty damn golden and looking at taking the crypto world by storm.

would you rather the deadlines are not changed and we launch before nem is ready? you may think that is what you want but can assure you if we rush through this CRITICAL stage of nems development and if we do not mind every step we take and if we do not proceed with extreme caution nem could quite easily crash and burn like so many other 2.0 coins before us.

redemption is also a key part of this final stage. if redemption process is moving too slow and we have too few addresses then it is essential that the deadline be postponed so that we can reach a satisfactory number of claimants. with out optimal distribution, nem loses one of its most attractive attributes. this we cannot allow.

i can understand peoples frustration with delays and things seeming like they are not moving fast enough. i really can. im frustrated myself at times but when its a choice between rushing things, resulting in nem under performing, losing reputation or not fulfilling promises or even just totally crashing and burning OR taking things slowly, getting things right, keeping our golden reputation and taking the crypto world by storm with epic distribution, revolutionary - secure - heavily tested tech that can withstand the beating it will need to withstand after launch... i know what i would chose..

we get one shot at getting this right and one shot only. we fuck this up there is no going back to change the past. i think everyone will agree that we need to proceed with calculated, precision steps, ensuring to avoid any possible fuck ups along the way.

lets face it.. if we can pull this off.. its going to be totally and utterly epic beyond anything we have previously seen in crypto and people will take notice - but we gotta get it right first time. no two ways about that.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Pages: « 1 ... 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 [442] 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: