Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:30:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 [1138] 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984149 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tolikkk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

www.pumpmycoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2016, 07:26:51 PM

when considering the future development of the Nem platform and finding the positive side to add Nem to Azure, and getting a global perspective to development ; continuing the process of adding to Azure is seen as a positive achievement and on the same terms on which the developers were going to do to the discussion

''...The tech team worked hard in getting NEM into a docker for Azure. In case some of you who may not know Azure, it is a Microsoft cloud computing platform and infrastructure. Recently, some months ago, Microsoft opened up Azure for crypto projects to place their solutions there in the cloud repository so that testers are able to download and testbed these initiatives from one location.

We spent a considerable amount of time getting this done. Unfortunately, at the last stage of our submission we were shown the agreement. In the agreement, to put our solution up there, requires us to give away all our rights. This is not quite palatable. ...''

on whether to add, referring to the Nem system with a private cloud nis, i.e. a free version and open data sources, as it happens now in most cases with other platforms ; I think that although it should consider separately the developers Xem, in more detail Sastras on the rights of the owners of the source code and so on, but with a paid membership to Azure while retaining the copyright to a is also acceptable ( as it is known, Nem locates the source code for free, leaving only the right links to your brand ) ; I think add to Azure in the original version of the strategy of development of the Nem platform, more acceptable and causes

the copyright issue is treated quite seriously, when we talk about information of this kind : kernel, security, Protocol, etc. and that this information is open source, fair use is only a reference to the brand of the source, but in fact being free and open that in a conversation about copyright only superficial and the terms of ownership or owner of these rights is only conditional, and that under these conditions conversation copyright is reduced to a system of open source materials on specific resources and any value that this information not be due to the fact that it is free ; although developers and it is advisable for the future to further assess the situation in this direction and future role of open sources of information including about the copyright status in the event of a change in the condition of information distribution, open another form, I think that assessing the value of the output data or allowing third-party users use of the source code, developers should consider all options and make a more acceptable and less problematic, but with the expectation for the future and further development of the platform Nem

most likely both options with open rights or preserving the right to control their own information is the norm, and that a more accurate variant with the aim of justifying the feasibility and in terms of strategic development of the platform lies in developers and large investors or owners of the platform, and given the strategy of public or corporate way of building, a particular way of adding to Azure should be used, although there is my opinion, thank you
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
McDoxy1

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 07:49:32 PM

Sry tolikkk but I didn't understand a word of what you just wrote.
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 09:16:28 PM

when considering the future development of the Nem platform and finding the positive side to add Nem to Azure, and getting a global perspective to development ; continuing the process of adding to Azure is seen as a positive achievement and on the same terms on which the developers were going to do to the discussion

''...The tech team worked hard in getting NEM into a docker for Azure. In case some of you who may not know Azure, it is a Microsoft cloud computing platform and infrastructure. Recently, some months ago, Microsoft opened up Azure for crypto projects to place their solutions there in the cloud repository so that testers are able to download and testbed these initiatives from one location.

We spent a considerable amount of time getting this done. Unfortunately, at the last stage of our submission we were shown the agreement. In the agreement, to put our solution up there, requires us to give away all our rights. This is not quite palatable. ...''

on whether to add, referring to the Nem system with a private cloud nis, i.e. a free version and open data sources, as it happens now in most cases with other platforms ; I think that although it should consider separately the developers Xem, in more detail Sastras on the rights of the owners of the source code and so on, but with a paid membership to Azure while retaining the copyright to a is also acceptable ( as it is known, Nem locates the source code for free, leaving only the right links to your brand ) ; I think add to Azure in the original version of the strategy of development of the Nem platform, more acceptable and causes

the copyright issue is treated quite seriously, when we talk about information of this kind : kernel, security, Protocol, etc. and that this information is open source, fair use is only a reference to the brand of the source, but in fact being free and open that in a conversation about copyright only superficial and the terms of ownership or owner of these rights is only conditional, and that under these conditions conversation copyright is reduced to a system of open source materials on specific resources and any value that this information not be due to the fact that it is free ; although developers and it is advisable for the future to further assess the situation in this direction and future role of open sources of information including about the copyright status in the event of a change in the condition of information distribution, open another form, I think that assessing the value of the output data or allowing third-party users use of the source code, developers should consider all options and make a more acceptable and less problematic, but with the expectation for the future and further development of the platform Nem

most likely both options with open rights or preserving the right to control their own information is the norm, and that a more accurate variant with the aim of justifying the feasibility and in terms of strategic development of the platform lies in developers and large investors or owners of the platform, and given the strategy of public or corporate way of building, a particular way of adding to Azure should be used, although there is my opinion, thank you

This is what concerns me with Azure, I just dont trust Microsoft.
Why should we become under microsoft's control?
Its like a way for them to destabilise crypto and give them full control over it.
Thats not the way open source projects work.
I would be very careful after learning this, i had read other threads with similar concerns also.
Just dont know why so many coins including ETH have signed up to it? Is BTC on Azure?

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 09:33:03 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2016, 09:44:59 PM by nzminer

heres the link to the nem forum thread regarding azure.

https://forum.nem.io/t/status-on-the-azure-project/2017
absolutely the right decision.
everybody should read this and the linked article.
http://bitcoinist.net/microsoft-bullies-open-source-is-the-blockchain-their-next-target/

GOOD move, there was a reason they seemed to be open and accepting any & all blockchains to Azure.  
Even coins like LISK/IOTA were getting on there before even launching or any testnet whatsoever  Huh

Kudos to the devs or whoever submitted the application that took the time to read the agreement.

This could actually get us some good press NEM rejects Microsoft's Azure Cloud

we should reach out to crypto news sources with the nem forum link above

I completley agree.
This is actually more serious than what i originally thought.
I had read some bad press about Azure's contract, but this says alot.
Microsoft do NOT like open source projects, despite them recently adding code to the linux kernel.
They will do anything in their power to crush any Crypto.
We dont need Azure, we are BETTER!

What does this article suggest?
It appears the Micro$oft hold a stake in blockchain technology and that Ethereum could even be seen as a patent infringement!?
What does this mean for other cryptocurrencies? Is this why they are so keen to get as many coins on the Azure band wagon as possible?
http://bitcoinist.net/microsoft-bullies-open-source-is-the-blockchain-their-next-target/

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
b1007

Activity: 404
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 10:27:37 PM

Few lines of code? Is that what it is? So simple as that?

Gotta love it when people tweet about someone or something but not at that person/project.

It's actually one of the first tweets I ever made about any other project on my Twitter account.
I don't normally do it, as I think it's rude, but in this case you had me up in the trees.  Smiley

I really meant it when I tweeted that, as it looks as if you are confused as to what such a license agreement actually can do.

It only applies to the code you submit to Azure, which isn't all that much. The code only facilitates getting the real software from an external source, and that source is never put on the Azure github.

Furthermore, there is a a lot of confusion when people talk about copyright and licensing.

Simply put:

Copyright is about ownership. It can not be taken away. You can sell it or give it away, but it cannot be taken by force. In a piece of software like NEM, it belongs to the people who wrote it, so the whole team would need to be involved if it was even considering to sell it or give away.

Licensing is about the USE of the product. This can take many forms, but in open source, we see forms like MIT and GPL (version whatever). This is about the conditions under which the software may be used freely. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the copyright. It's about how the copyright owners allow the use of their property.

tl;dr

Because the NEM code is at no point submitted, Azure can at no point make that license stick, even if it were meant for that.
If the person submitting the code has no position in the core team, they have no ownership and so could not sign the license legally anyway.
If the person were a member of the core, he could not sign it on behalf of the whole core team to sign away ownership. Again, the license would be null and void.

The conclusion is that Azure cannot take ownership in any way of the NEM project by adding it to Azure. The most it could do was take ownership of the code that allows people to put it on a server automatically and there is no point in that.

I hope this post is seen as more constructive than my earlier tweet that was 140 characters of snippiness Smiley

Have you read the agreement? ;

I like to speculate
yshin365new

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 10:56:57 PM

Becoming added to the Microsoft Azure platform would have given Microsoft the right to “grant Microsoft, and those who receive the Code (means the computer software code, whether in human readable or machine executable form, that is delivered by You to Microsoft under this Agreement ) directly or indirectly from Microsoft, a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable license in the Submission (means the Code and any other copyright able material Submitted- is the act of uploading, submitting, transmitting, or distributing code or other content to any Project, including but not limited to communication on electronic mailing lists, source code control systems, and issue tracking systems that are managed by, or on behalf of, the Project for the purpose of  discussing and improving that Project, but excluding communication that is conspicuously marked or otherwise designated in writing by You as “Not a Submission.”- by You, including any associated comments and documentation) to reproduce, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, and distribute the Submission and such derivative works, and to sublicense any or all of the foregoing rights to third parties.” Signing an agreement with Azure would have also have given Microsoft, and those who receive the Code directly or indirectly from Microsoft, “a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable license under your patent claims that directly read on the Code to make, have made, use, offer to sell, sell and import or otherwise dispose of the Code.”

So the way I read it; if you sign the agreement, MS owns the Code and the Submission. Code+ Submission= entire project. So agreement= MS owning the entire project. Ofcourse I am not a laywer but it's better to be safe than sorry and so I think the NEM team deserves a lot of respect for acting the way they did.  Smiley
I suppose several versions of terms of agreement can be exist.
Each reflect the bad principle "Weak for the strong, strong for the weak."
apullman

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 10:59:14 PM

Is this the agreement? Or is it some other doc?
https://windowsazure.github.io/docs/Contribution%20License%20Agreement.pdf
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 11:00:52 PM

We wait jabo38
Do have answer from Microsoft first
contraband

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 11:28:56 PM

It doesn't mean Microsoft would own NEM. It just doesn't guys, so you can stop posting all the Microsoft fine print. 
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 11:40:04 PM

It doesn't mean Microsoft would own NEM. It just doesn't guys, so you can stop posting all the Microsoft fine print. 

Then why do you supposed a mega corporation has interest in an open source project that is crowdfunded and could very well be a huge competitor in the future?

Don't forget how they have been brought up on claims of becoming a monopoly and buying out early start ups before.

Don't forget how Windows 10 is free but on the cost of sending your information back to central servers for who knows what.
contraband

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 12:01:00 AM

Then why do you supposed a mega corporation has interest in an open source project that is crowdfunded and could very well be a huge competitor in the future?

Don't forget how they have been brought up on claims of becoming a monopoly and buying out early start ups before.

Don't forget how Windows 10 is free but on the cost of sending your information back to central servers for who knows what.

Ok, so you're guessing.

So their plot is to steal all the altcoins?

No
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 12:38:43 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2016, 12:49:15 AM by Thingamajig

Ok, so you're guessing.

No

You're obviously not serious.

It's more about influence, especially influence in an emerging market -- and i'd put good money on Microsoft wanting the first (And thus biggest) cut of that pie just to obtain it.

Ironically in doing so all they're doing is enabling centralization again and this is only going to stifle and monopolize things further.

I think this agreement needs to be made perfectly clear before anything is signed, and to proceed with great caution when dealing with any large companies -- this is the side of finance and "agreements" I just simply cannot tolerate. Vague definitions that don't actually mean what is implied or imply something not what is meant. It's all smoke and mirrors akin to a pickpocket getting his buddy to distract you while he rifles through your stuff.

Because in the end, when you shift through this wordplay and legal bullshit;  you've either gained, lost, or are a victim -- not unless you're the one to write the "agreements" Wink
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 12:44:52 AM

Ok, so you're guessing.

No

Guessing? There's documents of the monopoly charges that have been raised against this corporation, even Europe has sued them for doing this.

A quick google search will show you.

Here let me help:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Microsoft_Corp.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 12:47:56 AM

Ok, so you're guessing.

No

It's more about influence, especially influence in an emerging market -- and i'd put good money on Microsoft wanting the first (And thus biggest) cut of that pie just to obtain it.

You hit the nail right on the head. Microsoft just wants in on the Hot New Thing.

Ironically in doing so all they're doing is enabling centralization again and this is only going to stifle and monopolize things further.

And with this, you've hit upon a subject that's been bothering me somewhat. It's pretty clear that there's a natural tendency towards centralization, even in this space: just look at how the big exchanges have fared as compared to truly decentralized exchanges (to take a single example.) We just seem to fall into line.

Question: is this tendency a result of us being habituated to the age that we live in, or is there something in our wetware that tugs us towards the more centralized option? I really wonder...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

contraband

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 12:48:16 AM

Ok, so you're guessing.

No

Guessing? There's documents of the monopoly charges that have been raised against this corporation, even Europe has sued them for doing this.

Here let me help:

This has nothing to do with it. Stay on track
Thingamajig

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 12:52:44 AM

Ok, so you're guessing.

No

You hit the nail right on the head. Microsoft just wants in on the Hot New Thing.

And with this, you've hit upon a subject that's been bothering me somewhat. It's pretty clear that there's a natural tendency towards centralization, even in this space: just look at how the big exchanges have fared as compared to truly decentralized exchanges (to take a single example.) We just seem to fall into line.

Question: is this tendency a result of us being habituated to the age that we live in, or is there something in our wetware that tugs us towards the more centralized option? I really wonder...

Wealth always becomes centralized, there's no escaping it.

Decentralization can only be strived for much like fairness or equality, but even this has to be within reasonable restrictions because anything greater is a naive pipe dream. Life is unfair, Without the poor people, a rich man cannot be rich.

I got into crypto not because of some naive notion of decentralization forever, but more due to open-ledger, blockchain technology. A technology that will help prevent bank corruption and manipulation, and in truth, will provide better settlement over paper FIAT that can be printed from nothing.

Bitcoin is a double whammy in centralization as not only can the accumulation of bitcoin become centralized (Unavoidable), but so can it's mining power - and as it's mining power becomes centralized, it's ledger itself does too. Effectively empowering miners with the same influence bankers have today. So i can't help but laugh when i see BTC fanatics preach decentralization, when the POW algorithm is the worst fix for it XD
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 12:59:39 AM

Decentralization can only be strived for much like fairness or equality, but even this has to be within reasonable restrictions. Life is unfair, Without the poor people, a rich man cannot be rich.

I hear ya. Sad to say, the world and human nature don't make for a neat fit to our ideals.

And there's also the Pareto Principle to consider. I know this sounds weird, but some rich folks might be successful bagholders at heart. Remember the "Free and Fair" fad - and how many folks just took their stakes and dumped? Exactly the same thing happened in post-Communist Russia ,when it was the C.I.S.: the privatization process was essentially the same as the "Free and Fair Distribution" model. A large majority of folks just sold off their shares for pocket money, many for far less than the shares were worth. The buyers who vacuumed up those shares formed the nucleus of the new oligarchs.

In more ways than one, 2014 was a disillusioning year.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Thingamajig

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 01:04:28 AM

Decentralization can only be strived for much like fairness or equality, but even this has to be within reasonable restrictions. Life is unfair, Without the poor people, a rich man cannot be rich.

I hear ya. Sad to say, the world and human nature don't make for a neat fit to our ideals.

And there's also the Pareto Principle to consider. I know this sounds weird, but some rich folks might be successful bagholders at heart. Remember the "Free and Fair" fad - and how many folks just took their stakes and dumped? Exactly the same thing happened in post-Communist Russia ,when it was the C.I.S.: the privatization process was essentially the same as the "Free and Fair Distribution" model. A large majority of folks just sold off their shares for pocket money, many for far less than the shares were worth. The buyers who vacuumed up those shares formed the nucleus of the new oligarchs.

In more ways than one, 2014 was a disillusioning year.

Greed is an inherent human trait, and i think when equality is on the cards, people frequently forget this -- and get burnt as a result. It's why i don't like Communism Smiley.

But yeah, I get what you're saying.
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 01:38:28 AM

Ok, so you're guessing.

No

Here let me help:

Let me guess, let's not fathom a mega corporation trying to take out potential future competitors, instead let's focus on temporary satisfaction of having a quick P&D for being listed with Azure instead of thinking about the possible long term benefits of a project like NEM succeeding on its own.
contraband

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 02:36:07 AM

Ok, so you're guessing.

No

Here let me help:

Let me guess, let's not fathom a mega corporation trying to take out potential future competitors, instead let's focus on temporary satisfaction of having a quick P&D for being listed with Azure instead of thinking about the possible long term benefits of a project like NEM succeeding on its own.

I have NEMs long term future in mind. But that has nothing to do with this.

You are paranoid.

Monopoly - sure
Trying to steal the altcoins - ridiculous

What the hell? It's just not the play going on here with azure. LOL
Pages: « 1 ... 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 [1138] 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: