Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:20:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984060 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 06:43:09 PM

How many accounts with only 1 post got to claim their stake?

Only a minority people post on forums.  This particular forum is full of tards, scammers and trolls, so even less would post.

Tranloi is a good example - he did the UI / client and yet only has two posts.  He's a real person, some guy in Vietnam at a real company as per Facebook.

Many are just lurkers.  If they are socks, one would have to create 160 sockpuppets back in January just to get the equivalent stake of a NxT whale, at the time when NEM had no value.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mr smith

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 06:47:25 PM

Take a look >
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=426303.msg6784272#msg6784272

I might add the Devs did not authorize voting on some exchange to be honest when the time comes, Nem wont have to  Smiley

New Economy Movement
Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
ARGpentem

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 06:54:59 PM

Take a look >

I might add the Devs did not authorize voting on some exchange to be honest when the time comes, Nem wont have to  Smiley

Someone could redo the new population statistics. Make a list with more detail information such as: accounts with 1 post; accounts :1-5 posts; accounts: 6-10 posts; accounts: 11-20 posts; accounts: 21-40 posts; accounts: 40-80 posts; accounts > 80 posts etc. It is easy to make such an updated list as long as someone is willing.

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
mr smith

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 07:03:56 PM

Take a look >

Someone could redo the new population statistics. Make a list with more detail information such as: accounts with 1 post; accounts :1-5 posts; accounts: 6-10 posts; accounts: 11-20 posts; accounts: 21-40 posts; accounts: 40-80 posts; accounts > 80 posts etc. It is easy to make such an updated list as long as someone is willing.
Dude go for it, going to take some doing lol. Considering how much attention Nem receives if there was any thing fishy detractors and the like would have already informed us for their own amusement.  Smiley
Edit > It took a considerable amount of time to arrange stakeholders into groups.

New Economy Movement
ARGpentem

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 07:07:08 PM

Take a look >

Dude go for it, going to take some doing lol. Considering how much attention Nem receives if there was any thing fishy detractors and the like would have already informed us for their own amusement.  Smiley

Edit > It took a considerable amount of time to arrange stakeholders into groups. put the raw data (number of posts) next to one account and all sort of grouping algorithm can be done with the data. Would not take much time if one is familiar with statistical packages like R, SAS or Stata etc.  

Just a suggestion that the information is public  Smiley I don't have time for that but I would be interested in the result for my own amusement  Grin  Grin  Grin

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
mr smith

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 07:20:46 PM

Take a look >

Edit > It took a considerable amount of time to arrange stakeholders into groups. put the raw data (number of posts) next to one account and all sort of grouping algorithm can be done with the data. Would not take much time if one is familiar with statistical packages like R, SAS or Stata etc.  

Just a suggestion that the information is public  Smiley I don't have time for that but I would be interested in the result for my own amusement  Grin  Grin  Grin
Well thank you very much if you ever do get the time to cross check >
I would be most amused too  Smiley

New Economy Movement
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 08:02:16 PM

How do I claim my NEM stake?

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 08:04:24 PM

Send a request with your NXT address to patmast3r, he's issuing the NEMStakes on NXT AE.  Reminder: you have to send 1 NXT to NXT-97MX-EWKV-CGKX-DA5WH first which is necessary condition to transfer the asset to your account.

Alternatively you can wait for NEM's official launch -- you'll be able to claim your NEM via your BTT account then.
CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 08:08:26 PM

Over the period of time I have observed since all this started in januray, saying the launch would be in May, then In June, then in August and the last I heard in September, is it possible to give a fixed time and stick to it because if not people will start thinking this will be going on till next year, I know they are working hard and I don't mind waiting as long as they don't predict or assume when but be more realistic and stick to one date

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
conbos

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 08:11:23 PM

Send a request with your NXT address to patmast3r, he's issuing the NEMStakes on NXT AE.  Reminder: you have to send 1 NXT to NXT-97MX-EWKV-CGKX-DA5WH first which is necessary condition to transfer the asset to your account.

Alternatively you can wait for NEM's official launch -- you'll be able to claim your NEM via your BTT account then.

Clear information. Many thanks!!
Particularly, I don't want to trade my stake now so I'm waiting to the official lunch

New Economy Movement (N.E.M.) Supporter
http://www.ournem.com
crackerhead

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 10:21:05 PM

Over the period of time I have observed since all this started in januray, saying the launch would be in May, then In June, then in August and the last I heard in September, is it possible to give a fixed time and stick to it because if not people will start thinking this will be going on till next year, I know they are working hard and I don't mind waiting as long as they don't predict or assume when but be more realistic and stick to one date
I don't ever remember anyone in the team say may or June? Perhaps August but I don't think so? The launch date was never mentioned by anyone the team until recently, as with such a large project, there are too many unknowns to give an accurate date early on.

I do recall August, but don't recall anything earlier than that though. Like kodtycoon mentioned, with such a large project, I don't see how they could give us an accurate date at this time.

The only time I recall dates earlier than august are months back when this was going to be a clone of NXT.

NEM.io         blog.NEM.io        r/ourNEM
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 01:50:47 AM

Ournemdotcom needs to be displayed in multiple languages:

Spanish
Chinese
Russian
German

Would be good if someone good in any of the above languages can translate the current website for us so that we can post that up. Please note that one has to be proficient in the language as there is no one to proof read your work.

Please PM me if you have any interest.

Thank you.
I can do my best in Russian,
Cheers
(J)

I can help you!

You can help me in which language? Russian as well?  ;-)
Would it be a crypto first, a Nem first to accommodate >
Hindu - 650 million speakers
Arabic - 300 million speakers
Bengali - 215 million speakers

Granted some of the above may be missing ipads  Smiley

If anyone can help translate, please come on trello: https://trello.com/c/xFYUmQvT/56-language-experts

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 01:54:39 AM

I saw this article and thought that it'd be cool if NEST and other products could work with the NEM api so you could get encrypted messages saying your house has a problem, etc: http://blog.ifttt.com/post/89799971303/introducing-the-nest-thermostat-and-nest-protect

Any thoughts on this or other ideas? It'd be cool to connect a public ledger like a blockchain with the internet of things.

A thermostat with crypto, so many possibilities with IoT. I can picture the status list, It is 78 degrees inside....You just received 1.07 NEM....Air filter #3 needs replacing....Your account balance is now 940,267.39 NEM....Outside humidity is 65 percent....

How about Uber and NEM?
The combination of two innovative and disruptive technologies, now that would be explosive!

A guide to the IoT
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/intelligent-systems/iot/internet-of-things-infographic.html

Cisco's CEO thinks IoT is the next big thing, a $19 trillion opportunity
http://www.forbes.com/sites/connieguglielmo/2014/01/07/ces-live-cisco-ceo-chambers-to-deliver-keynote/

Google acquires Nest for $3.2 billion
http://www.forbes.com/sites/aarontilley/2014/01/13/google-acquires-nest-for-3-2-billion/

At $18.2 billion, Uber worth more than Hertz, United Continental
http://www.forbes.com/sites/ellenhuet/2014/06/06/at-18-2-billion-uber-is-worth-more-than-hertz-united-airlines/

Uber CEO Kalanick likely a billionaire after $18.2 billion valuation
http://www.forbes.com/sites/stevenbertoni/2014/06/06/uber-ceo-kalanick-likely-a-billionaire-after-18-2-billion-valuation/

Great articles here! Thanks for the info.

Yes, we should try to coordinate something if possible.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 01:57:28 AM

People were able to get 5% of NxT for 1 BTC.  To have the same influence in NEM you would have to buy 160 tokens ($250K+) from the 3000 stakeholders.

It's fair distribution.  No instant whales, manipulators or dumpers.  NEM has stability, innovation and community

Yeah. In the end though, the wealth will always be centralized in some form or another. This is no fault of NEM, this is just how currency works. This by no means is to say a fair distribution isn't important; as it is, especially in NXT's case.

Thing is, NXT should've made more efforts for a wider, fairer distribution considering it's "Proof of Stake" nature - it's adoption by more people only serves to immediately enrich those who first got on the bandwagon by rising their stashes value. Not only this, but they're also forging more coins because thats how Proof of Stake works.

It's like bitcoin. The only difference being Bitcoin's hashing power isn't consolidated into those who hold the most Bitcoins (Unless they've invested into mining tech). Neither of which are ideal. Alternatives to these currencies is why i got interested in NEM. If nem rewards those who spend, and not horde, as a currency it's going to do very well. A currency aint worth nothing if it's not being used for purchases and trade.

Inequality of outcomes is acceptable, so long as people still have equality of opportunity. The problem with the current system is that those in power remove opportunities from those with no power. There are many examples of this: you can't day trade unless you have 25,000 USD in your account, you often have to pay a charge to keep your account open if you have less than a certain amount of money, etc. To those who have, more is given; those who do not have, even what they have is taken away. This is not a just system.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 02:17:17 AM

I prefer this, yes. I just want to be sure my BTT account is properly registered.

But if you don't want the token and want to receive NEM on the official launch, you should not request NEMstake token. If you are not comfortable with Nxt asset exchange, you should not request NEMstake tokens.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 05:53:48 AM

Congrats on passing 100 pages!
This is easily the best community in the crypto world.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
jenea4pda

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

Iota and JINN

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 08:01:33 AM

We have any chance to insert label name in our wallets,haven't we? cause so pity to see there  ''This account doesn't have a label''

Cheers guys.

www.iotatoken.com                      https://twitter.com/iotatoken
Iota is a brand new and novel micro-transaction cryptotoken optimized for the Internet-of-Things (IoT). Unlike the complex and heavy blockchains of Bitcoin and the like, which were designed with other uses in mind, Iota is created to be as lightweight as possible, hence the name "Iota" with emphasis on the ‘IoT’ part.
ZeroTheGreat

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 08:07:46 AM

the wealth will always be centralized
Not quite. From now on, everytime coinholders feel bad about distribution, they can come to agreement and start new coin from scratch. So in the end there will be "comfortable to society level of centralization of wealth" Cryptocurrencies're bringing the most humanistic and trustless way to redestribute wealth between any society or even the whole world. Old ways like wars'd be burn to ashes.
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 08:29:33 AM

Would be good if you can enlighten the forum where you got all these dates.
CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 09:08:33 AM
Last edit: July 04, 2014, 09:24:49 AM by CECVW

Would be good if you can enlighten the forum where you got all these dates.

It's not a big deal but you can go through all these pages to find it , I just remember reading it but I will not go through all these 400 pages  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=426303.9300 it might have been mentioning the alpha version. so then I was wrong

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: