Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:34:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984119 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Chris001

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

electroneum.com

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 06:16:05 PM

This is from the NODE thread, can we put him is the scammer category?

You will now lose your NEM puppets too.

Good luck with controlling my Nem stakes as they are already on AE exchange Wink

I actually wish Nem had done better job in controlling sock puppets. It would have better for Nem

Would it make a difference? Are we going to be able to do anything about the scammer, or him?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zoata87
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 06:17:24 PM

https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM

+350 likes in almost 24 hours  Shocked

thats what i call movement Cheesy

What made the sudden jump ?
did a small promo campaign at fb, but i didnt expect that ^^
solix

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 06:21:08 PM

Sorry guys I'm still a bit confused as to how fake tokens were floating on the exchange, can someone clarify? Do we need to be concerned about stakes we bought (do I need to validate the account I bought from?), or is this just going to get eaten by the dev war chest fund?

You can't do anything about fake tokens on a decentralized exchange, all orders are matched automatically. Decentralized exchange is not controlled by anyone, that's how it's designed to be. They are not even fake tokens, they are same good tokens, just given to someone a few times.

Ah I see, gotcha. Thanks.

On anonymity, consider this:

1) Drug dealers, pedophiles, _and_ Libertarians. Not everyone wants their financial transactions to be an open book for the government or the private industry (or the public either) regardless of their nature. The unfortunate side effect is the folks who do unsavory things. The question becomes do you sacrifice the individual liberties of the majority to hold the wrong doers accountable? The founding fathers of America would certainly say no (think Patriot Act and the like).  
2) Related to point #1, I think the point with more gravity is what governments will do. Currently they treat cryptos (specifically bitcoin) as an asset right? Buying and selling cryptos is like buying and selling expensive collectibles or something. When you buy them or sell them the same rules apply (I wonder are there luxury taxes on Bitcoin purchases?) The key thing here is if this movement gets enough gravity, how will governments approach it then? Threatening the tax base is the largest threat.

One could argue the most successful crypto will be one that allows government controls to function with ease. Consider income tax as an example. Most entities you interact with will supply some form of reporting to the IRS to validate the claims you make on your tax return. If a lot of this hidden from auditing they won't like that. So you can consider two reactions to that. "The finger" to "the man". Hey government eat it... but if we take that to the extreme, kind of hard to keep a standing army that protects the infrastructure that supports the currency without tax revenue. On the other hand, allowing controls that give the government the ability to easily do analysis  means they are more likely to work with it which could lead to broader adoption. It is pretty obvious from the news they understand this is something they can't directly squash.

Personally I'm not over the moon about the idea that my transactions with others is easily open to public curiosity, and data mining by corporate and government entities. I support the idea that to some very limited extent the government needs a way to tax an economic system as it becomes independent of fiat for the functions of fire, police, military, infrastructure, etc is reasonable. But I also like the idea that we can insulate ourselves from what I consider to be corrupt and awful policy practices by using a currency that isn't subject to total control by a corrupt entity whose actions are in the interest of self preservation.

I think my point here is we want to do _just enough_ to allow for integration in to the current government controls in so far as taxation, otherwise none of these bits are worth anything if the currency of the land is bullets and water and food. I'm not sure how you enforce something like a "sales tax" with everything at the discretion of each transacting party, as that would be the simplest mechanism (yay abolishment of stupid tax code). But I also think we want to do things to protect our privacy and hold government officials accountable to their actions with transparency in the currency and insight in to spending. Some of these things are diametrically opposed.

In the end anonymity is a different animal than privacy.

There are two realities if we succeed in a NEM. Anarchy when the governments fall while the rich factions of crypto form militias to protect data centers and electrical plants, spend a few hundred years living with feudal realms, and eventually consolidate in to hopefully a new democratic government or despotism. The alternative is streamlining and altering the existing government which surely would be the less costly in terms of lives and harmony. Those bits won't be worth much without the infrastructure (I'm picturing a bunch of Mad Max style citizens with laptops and solar panels and inverters taped to their vehicles).

Your Ad here! PM us now if you'd like to advertise here.
ARGpentem

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 06:23:21 PM

Well done.  Smiley

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 06:37:05 PM

Where?

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
crackerhead

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 07:24:22 PM

Where?

bought some adspace on facebook perhaps?
Do they accept crypto yet?

NEM.io         blog.NEM.io        r/ourNEM
zoata87
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 07:46:49 PM

no, had some euro left on my skrill card ^^
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:49:26 PM

===========================================
Reasons for Selecting the Cube as the Symbol of NEM.
===========================================

Appreciate the effort you've put into this.
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 11:48:45 PM

Quite funny that you rather choose cube over a 666 symbol. Well guess what conspiracy lovers  Grin Cube (the honeycomb or hegaxon) is apparently just as much "satanic" (so they say) as the 666. But don't ask me why, numerous videos on youtube will tell you.

Interpretation of symbols is fairly individual Smiley

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:57:25 PM

I found more.  P9 - BestofSR, cryptonikus, Deftonikus, Djentriser and TeseracT.  Busted as socks on NODE.
All present on the NEM stakeholder list, haven't collected any tokens yet.

This looks pretty extensive.  It's a good chance that all the socks on NODEs' list are probably on the NEM list.  Seems like some had collected tokens (and presumably sold).  The others can still be refunded.

another audit i think may be in the making here. or we just check all the socks that node uncovers. Smiley

socks around the world will be shaking in their boots! :L

Is the audit being done? I propose stopping issuing of the asset tokens, remove any sockpuppet possible and then restart again. Sockpuppets will get through but if they are known then its criminal to let them be.
ALBORCA

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:58:52 PM

can we add features such as sending nemcoin via txt sms function like VERICOIN is doing? also FIAT exchange via Wallet with dollar.
anon funcion like what DARKCOIN is doing ? i wanna see this coin shoot up the roof  Cool Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ [D]ecentralized application [E]liminated third parties [C]ontent distribution
  █ DECENT FOUNDATION    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░   JOIN NOW! ICO ⏰ 10th of September
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ [E]ncrypted & secure         [N]o borders                  [T]imeless reputation
Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:02:16 AM

sell order book is thinning fast. only 8 stakes between current lowest sell order and 30k.

Good news, there was just a small scare for the sockpuppet business. The alpha working well has generated confidence, and now we wait for the real thing. Once more features get implemented it will just break all price records.
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 12:11:33 AM

I found more.  P9 - BestofSR, cryptonikus, Deftonikus, Djentriser and TeseracT.  Busted as socks on NODE.

This looks pretty extensive.  It's a good chance that all the socks on NODEs' list are probably on the NEM list.  Seems like some had collected tokens (and presumably sold).  The others can still be refunded.

another audit i think may be in the making here. or we just check all the socks that node uncovers. Smiley

Is the audit being done? I propose stopping issuing of the asset tokens, remove any sockpuppet possible and then restart again. Sockpuppets will get through but if they are known then its criminal to let them be.

I think the community should organize another audit of the stakeholder list. The dev team is too busy coding to do that and I think it would be really great if someone would take the initiative and get this done. Post-V1, the community needs to run NEM, so people should start taking some steps in that direction.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
ARGpentem

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:25:01 AM

I think the community should organize another audit of the stakeholder list. The dev team is too busy coding to do that and I think it would be really great if someone would take the initiative and get this done. Post-V1, the community needs to run NEM, so people should start taking some steps in that direction.

I propose:

1. A full validation of the stakeholder list. All account stakeholder should have a link to the original registration post next to their account.

2. A full redo of population statistics. All account stakeholder should have a post count next to their account.

3. All low post stakeholder need to be rechecked for sock puppets. ---> if there is no explanation then remove them from stakeholder list.

TaunSew

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:30:11 AM

can we add features such as sending nemcoin via txt sms function like VERICOIN is doing? also FIAT exchange via Wallet with dollar.
anon funcion like what DARKCOIN is doing ? i wanna see this coin shoot up the roof  Cool Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley
those are mostly hype features, Ben can do faaaaar better stuff I'm sure.

Do you know how they are doing USD trade in wallet? I'm sure that's just a portal to a centralized exchange.

It's less hype than anonymity but it's still hype as you responded.

IIRC - it's quite common in Kenya and other African countries for SMS money (M-Pesa and other services).  That being said it is Africa.  Kenya only does around $100 million remittance (that's for the whole year).  

M-Pesa (which services all of Africa) only has a capitalization of $16 billion.

(not much bigger than Bitcoin and there's an education / technological issue in convincing Africans to drop their M-Pesa for Bitcoin or any particular alternate, especially when many do not have an internet connection or smartphone access).

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
TaunSew

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:39:54 AM

sell order book is thinning fast. only 8 stakes between current lowest sell order and 30k.

Good news, there was just a small scare for the sockpuppet business. The alpha working well has generated confidence, and now we wait for the real thing. Once more features get implemented it will just break all price records.

The sockpuppet scare is irrational.  As we've seen with NEM and NODE, nobody created dozens or hundreds of sockpuppet.. especially back in the beginning of 2014 when both coins had no worth.  Biggest sock masters that were caught only had around 5 socks and there weren't many of those masters nor did they compromise the overall distribution.  No sock master has anywhere near the power of (to beat a dead horse) a NxT whale who had 5% of NxT at launch (one would have to create 160 sockpuppets to match that, assuming that NxT whale didn't have whale socks increasing their share even bigger).

The reality is that NEM's distribution has been a success, IMHO.  Looks like we have 2600+ unique persons involved and there'll be more after the auction.

ARGpentem

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:51:27 AM

The sockpuppet scare is irrational.  As we've seen with NEM and NODE, nobody created dozens or hundreds of sockpuppet.. especially back in the beginning of 2014 when both coins had no worth.  Biggest sock masters that were caught only had around 5 socks and there weren't many of those masters nor did they compromise the overall distribution.  No sock master has anywhere near the power of (to beat a dead horse) a NxT whale who had 5% of NxT at launch (one would have to create 160 sockpuppets to match that, assuming that NxT whale didn't have whale socks increasing their share even bigger).

The reality is that NEM's distribution has been a success, IMHO.  Looks like we have 2700+ unique persons involved and there'll be more after the auction.

For anyone who thinks NEM has no inactivity?  Who are you kidding?!  The threads were always on page 1 of the announcement and alternate section (although now we're on the latter).  The threads have had tens of thousands of views (for threads which were created months ago).  NEM has an active forum pre-launch.  There's many people looking forward to NEM and they think it'll be a big success.

This is true. NEM distribution is widest and with most veteran accounts. But some people can't bear the thought that some puppets have 1-2 stakes extra. So let's do something. Please take a look at my proposal. IMO, the first two steps are very useful and should be done. We can discuss more about step 3 and what should be done in that case etc.

makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 12:55:49 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2014, 08:45:45 AM by makoto1337

I propose:

1. A full validation of the stakeholder list. All account stakeholder should have a link to the original registration post next to their account.

2. A full redo of population statistics. All account stakeholder should have a post count next to their account.

3. All low post stakeholder need to be rechecked for sock puppets. ---> if there is no explanation then remove them from stakeholder list.

I totally agree with these proposals. Can someone/a group of people come forward and try to start working on this? If it is too hard to coordinate things here, please feel free to create a thread on http://forum.nemcoin.com/

EDIT: What I mean, is that, going through and collecting stats can be really helpful. Without solid proof, we shouldn't take anyone's stake away, but at the very least we can get a list of accounts that look suspicious and that we should keep an eye on. If those accounts can provide a good explanation, then they can be removed from the list.

Let's just not make this a witchhunt, but rather a fact-finding mission, to get more information. Then based on the new information, we can make decisions as we need to.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
Parana

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Step into a world!! A P2P world!

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:00:11 AM

I propose:

I remember by these days as I was in vacancies, I was taking a look at the registration thread. There are a lot of people that just made an acc to post the "I'm in. sending something from here to there!"

And this day was the last login from some of this ACCs, whith only one post.

My opinion is that this ACCs are more suspect. Maybe these are people from others countries, like China or any other country that dont use roman Alphabet....  maybe...

ARGpentem

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:02:26 AM

I propose:

I totally agree with these proposals. Can someone/a group of people come forward and try to start working on this? If it is too hard to coordinate things here, please feel free to create a thread on http://forum.nemcoin.com/

I can coordinate this if some more people come forward. IMO this auditing should be done here because stakeholder accounts are bitcointalk accounts and they may be required to provide explanation etc.

If I am not qualified because I am not an original stakeholder, that is fine too but I did buy 2+ stakes in AE exchange. If someone has a secret method, feel free to pm but all auditing should be done in public in a clear transparent manner.

Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: