Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 12:18:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984377 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ARGpentem

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:27:19 PM

We have a FINAL stakeholder list.

IT is called FINAL for a reason. The puppets have already received their stake via the asset exchange!!!

We did this auditing for months on end

I myself was accused of being a sockpuppet in NODE. I posted like a manic until they took me seriously. Then they took me out of the puppet list. It made me and many others very angry. Want to know what caused me to be flagged? I used TOR, like I always do. That's the large majority of their puppets. TOR!! Do you guys want to be lumped into that mess. This is what it's gonna play out like: "NEM and NODE are having a really hard time with sockpuppets, probably as bad as Nxt, they just made more accounts this time" I can hear it now!!!

It is time we market NEM. Not cause yet another controversy!!!

But hey, I'm in the market to buy more stakes, and this will do nothing but cause the price to go down. I'm pretty sure you guys know this and should be ashamed of yourselves!!!!

BTW I'm no puppet and I got my stake already, but I didn't sell it. Stop %%$&*ing around guys. PLEASE!! Can we do something regarding promotion?

Tell me what is on the agenda for promotion??

+1

few peoples are trying to dump the price of nem stake

Gentleman, let's just calm down.

First of all, I haven't been in the thread for awhile. Who is the ARGpentem? I am considering that because you didn't read over this thread like I just did, maybe you didn't notice. He's playing you like a fiddle. Go read over his posts. This guy created himself, very purposefully, and carefully. This is my observation. I already got my stake too, so I can say what I want without having to worry about witch hunts.

I wonder who he really is? Who has been trying to lower the price of the stakes. Who?? Because that's what he is trying to do. I have been incorrect before, and I may be now. But he is not on the stakeholder list. He can only buy them. A self proclaimed high roller. OH YEAH baby

Read the last ten pages and tell me what you get out of them.

You are absolutely correct . After the final stakeholder list was completed this thread had been getting better and better and more and more positive about the development of NEM  until   this guy ARGpentum appeared and started complaining about distribution. That was a finished subject ARGpentum. Now I'm not sure what his intentions are but nemsters would be naive to think that another audit would not bring untold damage to NEM. The path has been set, it's a good path, let's not look back.

I am good with data. I work with database every other day. I offer to help but if help is not needed then it is fine !!!

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
Sword555

Activity: 619
Merit: 251

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:28:30 PM

Someone has already gathered 26 stakes. Maybe someone wants to create an infochart to compare distribution with Nxt and other cryptos but I guess soon it won't be much better than Nxt. The rich guys always protect their position by buying all promising coins. And unfortunately many Nemster cashed out to have quick cash... but we'll see how distribution is evolving.

OMG becky, look at her (butt - terrible attempt at lowering the price) ARGs original account lol

write that down guys

AND you are not very good at it posting at the same time, being logged in at the same time doesn't fool anyone

you need to brush up on  your skills

LOL - so funny - nem fun -nem crazy!!! Wink
mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:40:00 PM

Can we do a raffle type thing? Posting a transaction id being the raffle ticket, name gets added to a list, name picked just before beta winner gets a stake. One ticket per user. We could get the word out and get tons of people to try the alpha.

Glad to see some guys are thinking and going ahead with new ideas for marketing...plaudits
il write up a full plan/proposal later with Instructions and rules etc ready to go. after any suggestions on rule changes etc have been added/removed, we can get this off the ground tonight and put it in the next news letter.

Once this gets going, I want everyone to go to any other communities your involved in and let them know we are giving away thousands of dollars worth of nem. But wait till iv got everything planned and suggestions taken into account.

Can we please us the NEM forum for this? After all isn't it there to promote NEM?
Sword555

Activity: 619

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:52:09 PM

Can we do a raffle type thing? Posting a transaction id being the raffle ticket, name gets added to a list, name picked just before beta winner gets a stake. One ticket per user. We could get the word out and get tons of people to try the alpha.

Glad to see some guys are thinking and going ahead with new ideas for marketing...plaudits
il write up a full plan/proposal later with Instructions and rules etc ready to go. after any suggestions on rule changes etc have been added/removed, we can get this off the ground tonight and put it in the next news letter.

Once this gets going, I want everyone to go to any other communities your involved in and let them know we are giving away thousands of dollars worth of nem. But wait till iv got everything planned and suggestions taken into account.

Can we please us the NEM forum for this? After all isn't it there to promote NEM?

Great idea.

BOTH though. Got to get people there too. People don't find NEM in the NEM forum.

BUT YES, it the nuts and bolts should be talked about there.

and we let them know what's up here so they see good things here too, not just the lame attempts to lower stake price by hopeless amateurs.
mrvegad

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:15:41 PM

I did about 3 day's ago, linked to it here and it got no response. I don't see why we can't do just as much here? There's about 3-4 different places I have to check to keep up with nem, that's just the way things will be until we launch and devs start posting in one central place and act Luke an anchor to keep everyone together, with out that anchor the community will run wild all over the place like a gang of 8 year olds with no parents at home. Nothing we can do until devs start posting publicly in one place. There just isn't enough going on yet ether.
I find it hard to keep track of ideas here, the posts jump all over.With the forum topics can have their own thread, easier to get a flow going. I agree about the 3-4 places, makes to hard to find info.
nembit86

Activity: 588

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:18:41 PM

IT is called FINAL for a reason. The puppets have already received their stake via the asset exchange!!!

I myself was accused of being a sockpuppet in NODE. I posted like a manic until they took me seriously. Then they took me out of the puppet list. It made me and many others very angry. Want to know what caused me to be flagged? I used TOR, like I always do. That's the large majority of their puppets. TOR!! Do you guys want to be lumped into that mess. This is what it's gonna play out like: "NEM and NODE are having a really hard time with sockpuppets, probably as bad as Nxt, they just made more accounts this time" I can hear it now!!!

But hey, I'm in the market to buy more stakes, and this will do nothing but cause the price to go down. I'm pretty sure you guys know this and should be ashamed of yourselves!!!!

BTW I'm no puppet and I got my stake already, but I didn't sell it. Stop %%$&*ing around guys. PLEASE!! Can we do something regarding promotion?

+1

First of all, I haven't been in the thread for awhile. Who is the ARGpentem? I am considering that because you didn't read over this thread like I just did, maybe you didn't notice. He's playing you like a fiddle. Go read over his posts. This guy created himself, very purposefully, and carefully. This is my observation. I already got my stake too, so I can say what I want without having to worry about witch hunts.

I wonder who he really is? Who has been trying to lower the price of the stakes. Who?? Because that's what he is trying to do. I have been incorrect before, and I may be now. But he is not on the stakeholder list. He can only buy them. A self proclaimed high roller. OH YEAH baby

You are absolutely correct . After the final stakeholder list was completed this thread had been getting better and better and more and more positive about the development of NEM  until   this guy ARGpentum appeared and started complaining about distribution. That was a finished subject ARGpentum. Now I'm not sure what his intentions are but nemsters would be naive to think that another audit would not bring untold damage to NEM. The path has been set, it's a good path, let's not look back.

I am good with data. I work with database every other day. I offer to help but if help is not needed then it is fine !!!

Your intentions may be good , but although not perfect, NEM is the best distributed altcoin by far. FULL STOP.

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
galaxy

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:45:16 PM

What about a raffle function in the client? You could list any item like a house car etc etc, set the min price you would accept, if minimum ticket sales/price target isn't reached by x amount of days, money Is returned to ticket buyers, if minimum reached but not all tickets sell, winner is selected at random on the last day/deadline. If all tickets sell early winner is selected after last ticket is sold? Winner contacts the raffler with details. A business could be worked around this. Instead of we buy any car it could be "we raffle any white at all" lol

KOD strikes again!!! Here we witness another great idea from Kodtycoon. Mr asset exchange himself. Working out great, btw. For those of you that were not around back then, the whole Nxt AE NEM Token is his baby. It grew into something real that a lot of us use. Can anyone imagine if we didn't have it right now?

Devs, can you make this happen? I think it would be rather hard to argue this not giving NEM another big boost. It may not be as big as the idea of the Nxt AE NEM Token itself, however this would be a very good promotion!!! We need to do things that will put NEM into the hands of new people and spread the word.

I believe that everyone loves a raffle. And if I didn't win, well sir, might I just buy one?

Let's put the brakes on rehashing things all over again, and focus our efforts on something like this. This will help NEM!!
PL_CoinTrader

Activity: 226

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:46:22 PM

Someone has already gathered 26 stakes. Maybe someone wants to create an infochart to compare distribution with Nxt and other cryptos but I guess soon it won't be much better than Nxt. The rich guys always protect their position by buying all promising coins. And unfortunately many Nemster cashed out to have quick cash... but we'll see how distribution is evolving.

OMG becky, look at her (butt - terrible attempt at lowering the price) ARGs original account lol

write that down guys

AND you are not very good at it posting at the same time, being logged in at the same time doesn't fool anyone

what the heck is going on with you? Could please express yourself in a way that everybody can understand it?

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
atoni

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:47:08 PM

+1

Your intentions may be good , but although not perfect, NEM is the best distributed altcoin by far. FULL STOP.

Seems to me only those with puppets are against it, and they are quite loud. That issue could backlash to NEM later if puppets are not cleaned now while there is still time.
atoni

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:49:00 PM

write that down guys

what the heck is going on with you? Could please express yourself in a way that everybody can understand it?

He is probably a puppet master so he writes like an idiot so speech analysis cannot be done on him. Very pathetic.
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:02:08 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2014, 02:16:05 PM by Thingamajig

Although i agree, in the end the NEM distribution is still plenty adequate in my eyes - sockpuppets or not. I don't think anything released thus far is comparable.

In the end, despite even the most honest and thorough intentions, socks and greed will always prevail. Wealth always accumulates into the hands of the few, often because they're the most determined to obtain it. I think it's just a symptom of human nature; we can hardly prevent this.

It's the thought that counts once everything is said and done, and this alone is worthy of merit. NEM's distribution has been the best i've seen so far. 26 stakes by one holder is disheartening, yes, but compared to the IPO of things like NXT, they still won't have anywhere near as much influence as what one of their initial stakeholders do. I think it was determined they'd need 100 stakes or more to have a similar impact.

In fact this is what makes Bitcoins distribution so admirable, at least in the early days. On release, anyone with a PC could mine. But now people have access to ASIC's and greed has already set in and made people buy GPU farms, any PoW coin release is never going to see a distribution like Bitcoins ever again. Ironically, it's this centralization of mining power that also poses a threat to the entire PoW model (51% attack). It would also explain sentiments such as this: http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/2a2on3/soooooo_what_the_hell_is_happening_with_this/

It's why i see coins like NEM (And yes, even NXT) an unmissable alternative.
galaxy

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:04:54 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2014, 02:15:30 PM by galaxy

write that down guys

you need to brush up on  your skills

Hello. Listen please. You need to stop your manipulation. Now I'm not sure if he is correct about you being connected with ARG. However, clearly, both of you have the same agenda. So please, let me translate for you if i may. Stop trying to buy NEM stakes if you can't afford to purchase them without blatant attempts to lower the price first.

This coin is important to some of us. For those of us who have been here for the long haul, NEM is more important than purposely spreading FUD to save a few dollars.

So sir, buzz off!!!

Once you follow this advice, then maybe you won't see yourself being referenced to the Sir Rocks Alot (I like big butts) artist on a cryptocurrency forum.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:08:12 PM

What about a raffle function in the client? You could list any item like a house car etc etc, set the min price you would accept, if minimum ticket sales/price target isn't reached by x amount of days, money Is returned to ticket buyers, if minimum reached but not all tickets sell, winner is selected at random on the last day/deadline. If all tickets sell early winner is selected after last ticket is sold? Winner contacts the raffler with details. A business could be worked around this. Instead of we buy any car it could be "we raffle any white at all" lol

It's a good idea but imho it feels more like a 3rd party thing and not a native function of NCC. Remember the client is supposed to be easy as fuck and any function that we add adds some complexity.

Good idea but imho better suited for a standalone "service" than a function of the client.

mr smith

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:22:33 PM

KOD strikes again!!! Here we witness another great idea from Kodtycoon. Mr asset exchange himself. Working out great, btw. For those of you that were not around back then, the whole Nxt AE NEM Token is his baby. It grew into something real that a lot of us use. Can anyone imagine if we didn't have it right now?

Devs, can you make this happen? I think it would be rather hard to argue this not giving NEM another big boost. It may not be as big as the idea of the Nxt AE NEM Token itself, however this would be a very good promotion!!! We need to do things that will put NEM into the hands of new people and spread the word.

I believe that everyone loves a raffle. And if I didn't win, well sir, might I just buy one?

Let's put the brakes on rehashing things all over again, and focus our efforts on something like this. This will help NEM!!
+ 1
GO NEM go KOD way to go

First idea first , one at a time pls im not drinking Red Bull.
Alpha Client

why limit tx to just one when you could get one a day every day.
we could have one big winner 1 stake and ten runner ups say 0.1 stake each (The more the better)
Be great if our new cheerleader could pull tickets out of a hat.
Don't just promote it to btt users  twitter > you tubers everyone loves a freebie
Obviously Devs / key personal & family & pets can not enter lol
Oh if it is multi social media use ournem  or this one, as newbies would get more support
No more threads pls

GO NEM  Smiley Smiley Smiley

New Economy Movement
Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
crackerhead

Activity: 252

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 04:01:36 PM

Haha thanks

Il write a plan for the raffle in a while, still on the go. Think it nerds to stick to btt for the mean time. Best way to ensure loads of sock puppets aren't used across various platforms. We could use all other media to promote it though.

Cool

Rafle is a great idea, I think one click install should be available first though. If we want to attract users outside of BTT, we need to make sure it's as easy to install as any other mainstream app.

NEM.io         blog.NEM.io        r/ourNEM
mr smith

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 04:31:35 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2014, 04:43:43 PM by mr smith

Haha thanks

Il write a plan for the raffle in a while, still on the go. Think it nerds to stick to btt for the mean time. Best way to ensure loads of sock puppets aren't used across various platforms. We could use all other media to promote it though.

Cool

Rafle is a great idea, I think one click install should be available first though. If we want to attract users outside of BTT, we need to make sure it's as easy to install as any other mainstream app.
Yes your right, ok concentrate within btt for now, lower the prize in that case thinking of ROI.
When one click installer is done we could widen the raffle across media platforms and up the prize noone will complain.

New Economy Movement
Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
3LEM3NT

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:33:34 PM

I love the raffle idea!

Good thinking!!

xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:54:38 PM

Some good ideas you have there, kodtycoon.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 06:41:31 PM

How did NEM volume fall to 1/3rd?  People holding during the storm?

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 07:19:37 PM

Although i agree, in the end the NEM distribution is still plenty adequate in my eyes - sockpuppets or not. I don't think anything released thus far is comparable.

In the end, despite even the most honest and thorough intentions, socks and greed will always prevail. Wealth always accumulates into the hands of the few, often because they're the most determined to obtain it. I think it's just a symptom of human nature; we can hardly prevent this.

It's the thought that counts once everything is said and done, and this alone is worthy of merit. NEM's distribution has been the best i've seen so far. 26 stakes by one holder is disheartening, yes, but compared to the IPO of things like NXT, they still won't have anywhere near as much influence as what one of their initial stakeholders do. I think it was determined they'd need 100 stakes or more to have a similar impact.

In fact this is what makes Bitcoins distribution so admirable, at least in the early days. On release, anyone with a PC could mine. But now people have access to ASIC's and greed has already set in and made people buy GPU farms, any PoW coin release is never going to see a distribution like Bitcoins ever again. Ironically, it's this centralization of mining power that also poses a threat to the entire PoW model (51% attack). It would also explain sentiments such as this: http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/2a2on3/soooooo_what_the_hell_is_happening_with_this/

It's why i see coins like NEM (And yes, even NXT) an unmissable alternative.

As I said before, I think people totally miss the point with the equality/fairness discussion. NEM has only sought to offer equality in opportunity but not in outcome. In fact NEM creates an incentive for smart, high productivity people to join, take risks, make significant contributions and get rewarded. Beside the dev team, everybody has received one stake and anybody can prove important to the project by contributing and as a result get rewarded. So beyond initial distribution, contribution and the free market will decide with how many stakes we end up. NEM is not communism, NEM is a meritocracy with equal chances offered to its stakeholders at the beginning. However, we will be responsible for our outcomes, and I'm sure, as this is natural, they will not be equal.

P.S. Remember the Marshmallow test.
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: