Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:07:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984114 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Jaguar0625

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:13:10 PM

NEM is on the news http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/how-i-got-1500-for-commenting-on-an-article. Pretty interesting. Now do some works and make that comment worth 100K and you will be all over the news !

god dammit. "its a clone of nxt".

nothing mentioned about the innovations.

did didnt do any research what so ever.

that article does more bad than it does good.

kodycoon, I liked your comment on the article. Hopefully, people will read it.

NEM - nem.io

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jaguar0625

Activity: 299

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:14:15 PM

Posting this here for more exposure: http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2280.msg3284#msg3284

Hopefully, we have some talented people in the community who want to help out Wink.

[Also, NEM forum registration should be working again]

NEM - nem.io
ARGpentem

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:30:34 PM

NEM is on the news http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/how-i-got-1500-for-commenting-on-an-article. Pretty interesting. Now do some works and make that comment worth 100K and you will be all over the news !

thanks. i couldnt let it go unheard. i couldnt believe what i was reading.

please everyone go to http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/how-i-got-1500-for-commenting-on-an-article and upvote my comment. people need to read the truth.

While there is probably some misinformation, the author has a good will toward NEM so I would rather see some civility toward the article. Hostility does not make friends.

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:39:21 PM

Posting this here for more exposure: http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2280.msg3284#msg3284

Hopefully, we have some talented people in the community who want to help out Wink.

[Also, NEM forum registration should be working again]

Hello

I' m already active on Trello let me know
if there is anything else that I can do or help you with
beside the NEM BE.

ARGpentem

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:40:33 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 12:13:09 AM by ARGpentem

please everyone go to http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/how-i-got-1500-for-commenting-on-an-article and upvote my comment. people need to read the truth.

While there is probably some misinformation, the author has a good will toward NEM so I would rather see some civility toward the article. Hostility does not make friends.

miss information in an article does more damage than good. id rather see no article on LTB than read something as bad as that. read the comments. you cant say that that will help nem in any way shape or form. it makes nem sound like just another shit copy coin and now people will believe that and go around telling everyone else who asks what nem is.

and i wasnt being uncivil. i havnt insulted anyone or been rude to anyone. just stated facts. thats all.

There is a saying that there is no such thing as a bad publicity. NEM got mentioned and then someone will ask why a clone having such a high value, then someone else could explain about all the other innovation NEM have. That's how a conversation begin and interest is built up. The first step is to get mentioned. Without that NEM is going nowhere.  Your comment is good though, but toning down a bit could be more beneficial

Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:54:56 PM

Any update on the sockpuppet accounts? There was some proposal a few pages back regarding it. I would like to see them removed, after it is proven they are sockpuppets without a shadow of doubt.

No.  We talked with the NODE people about this and we weren't satisfied with their conclusions.  There's also a thread on the NODE sockpuppet and it's very controversial (and an entertaining read, especially when people began to criticize their methods and then labelling whole groups of people as socks even though evidence points to the contrary that they're not related to each other).

They were relying heavily on "intuition".  Like there was a Hill and another user Rockhill, who are long time users of Bitcointalk, who were grouped together on a name basis by NODE even though these people were clearly not the same individual.  Then they were also grouping some people by an ISP, which is bollocks because in some countries there's only one or two major ISP companies.

there was calls for a second audit but it quickly devolved into a NODE styled witchhunt and people were getting terrified of getting their stakes taken away, not for being socks but because it was devolving into "let's just start taking stakes away from hundreds of people for no reason", so it was canned.

There are more productive things we should be focusing on

Yes, agreed there are more important things to look forward to. I still would like to remove stakes who just signed up to get one and has not used it since.

NODE sockpuppet removal sounds like a mess, did not know it was like that.
dwma

Activity: 405

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:37:38 AM

Folks,

Seems like nem forum registration is still biffed (anyone else having success?)

An Error Has Occurred!
You are not allowed to access this section

I tried signing up and had no luck. Sad
dwma

Activity: 405

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:44:14 AM

miss information in an article does more damage than good. id rather see no article on LTB than read something as bad as that. read the comments. you cant say that that will help nem in any way shape or form. it makes nem sound like just another shit copy coin and now people will believe that and go around telling everyone else who asks what nem is.

and i wasnt being uncivil. i havnt insulted anyone or been rude to anyone. just stated facts. thats all.

The article seems to lead up to pimp LTBcoin.  The coin meant to centralize media of decentralized systems.  Quite clever really.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 03:07:05 AM

For all the complaints about the article - I don't see anyone having written an article themselves in order to publicize NEM.

The reality is this guy said he made $1500 just by commenting on an article and that's the stuff which appeals to the Average Joe.  We could easily circulate that article around the net on threads with titles like: "How I made $1500 just by posting a comment on an article" and the amount of views it would get is virtually unlimited and it's good publicity for NEM.  Any publicity is good publicity.  

Don't forget that tons of people came into Crypto Currencies because they heard about Bitcoin hitting $1200.   Yes people came into Bitcoin just because of that and it gave them inspiration that they could repeat that sort of success by buying Bitcoin themselves or going into alternates.  Going years back, guys bragging about making a few bucks mining is what also brought in people into Bitcoin.

So yes I am certain if we circulated that article around the internet it would bring a lot of people into NEM.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
crackerhead

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 03:29:14 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 03:49:53 AM by crackerhead

For all the complaints about the article - I don't see anyone having written an article themselves in order to publicize NEM.

The reality is this guy said he made $1500 just by commenting on an article and that's the stuff which appeals to the Average Joe.  We could easily circulate that article around the net on threads with titles like: "How I made $1500 just by posting a comment on an article" and the amount of views it would get is virtually unlimited and it's good publicity for NEM.  Any publicity is good publicity.  

Don't forget that tons of people came into Crypto Currencies because they heard about Bitcoin hitting $1200.   Yes people came into Bitcoin just because of that and it gave them inspiration that they could repeat that sort of success by buying Bitcoin themselves or going into alternates.  Going years back, guys bragging about making a few bucks mining is what also brought in people into Bitcoin.

So yes I am certain if we circulated that article around the internet it would bring a lot of people into NEM.

I have to agree, yes the author is oblivious to NEM, and he has obviously been as good as a sockpuppet when it comes to making NEM what is is now, but I still think this is a great article for NEM, and that it could help get more attention from LTB followers, and Bitcoin followers in general.

Only time I heard NEM mentioned on LTB before today was when they were talking about Nxt AE, and NEM got a 2 minute blurb where the speaker was so oblivious about NEM he said it was based on C++ I believe  Grin
So I would say this is still a step in the right direction.

NEM.io         blog.NEM.io        r/ourNEM
ARGpentem

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 03:44:45 AM

Don't forget that tons of people came into Crypto Currencies because they heard about Bitcoin hitting $1200.   Yes people came into Bitcoin just because of that and it gave them inspiration that they could repeat that sort of success by buying Bitcoin themselves or going into alternates.  Going years back, guys bragging about making a few bucks mining is what also brought in people into Bitcoin.

+1 making 1500$ just by commenting on an article is very good pr stuff. Wait until 1stake = 15000$, 150000$ or more then I could see the story of buying a pizza for millions dollar all over again, only slightly different with NEM.

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:01:58 AM

Don't forget that tons of people came into Crypto Currencies because they heard about Bitcoin hitting $1200.   Yes people came into Bitcoin just because of that and it gave them inspiration that they could repeat that sort of success by buying Bitcoin themselves or going into alternates.  Going years back, guys bragging about making a few bucks mining is what also brought in people into Bitcoin.

+1 making 1500$ just by commenting on an article is very good pr stuff. Wait until 1stake = 15000$, 150000$ or more then I could see the story of buying a pizza for millions dollar all over again, only slightly different with NEM.

Laszlo, the guy who bought the pizzas, eventually came back into Bitcoin / Bitcointalk but only recently and after Bitcoin went above $1000.

There's many people who currently write NEM off and for a variety of reasons, e.g., priced too much, not released yet, something I read by trolls, et cetera.  A lot of these people will be coming back when a NEM stake is worth $5000 or more.

http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/how-i-got-1500-for-commenting-on-an-article

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
ZeroTheGreat

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:01:51 AM

Need 10k testNEMs to check harvesting up =P PM me, please, and I answer with address. Thx in advance.
already PMed to you
Received, thx! While acc's harvesting, can I close browser page like in Nxt?
crackerhead

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 08:15:57 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 08:27:52 AM by crackerhead

Need 10k testNEMs to check harvesting up =P PM me, please, and I answer with address. Thx in advance.
already PMed to you
Received, thx! While acc's harvesting, can I close browser page like in Nxt?

Yes you can, just keep NIS running
Just a note, it takes 24 hours until you will be eligible for any harvesting rewards.

NEM.io         blog.NEM.io        r/ourNEM
erkki12

Activity: 165
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:11:28 AM

We have a SWARM team devoted to the promotion of NEM. We're always looking for members who are willing to do commenting and upvoting/liking articles, posts, videos etc. in order to promote NEM.

You can join by sending me an email to the address nempromotion@gmail.com or following our Twitter channel https://twitter.com/NEM_SWARM

E
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:19:23 AM

We have a SWARM team devoted to the promotion of NEM. We're always looking for members who are willing to do commenting and upvoting/liking articles, posts, videos etc. in order to promote NEM.

You can join by sending me an email to the address nempromotion@gmail.com or following our Twitter channel https://twitter.com/NEM_SWARM

E

ill join U. email sent

~CfA~

freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:25:09 PM

Just a note, it takes 24 hours until you will be eligible for any harvesting rewards.

Hello.

When you say 24 hours does it mean 24 hours without interruption?!
What happens if I start the NIS and I stop it before 24 hours has passed and I
restart it again few hours later?!

instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:27:09 PM

Hello.

When you say 24 hours does it mean 24 hours without interruption?!
What happens if I start the NIS and I stop it before 24 hours has passed and I
restart it again few hours later?!

"24 hours" means it takes 24 hours for your account's balance to become vested (which enables you to harvest) -- regardless of whether you're running NIS or not.
jenea4pda

Activity: 382

Iota and JINN

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 03:07:35 PM

I have to agree, yes the author is oblivious to NEM, and he has obviously been as good as a sockpuppet when it comes to making NEM what is is now, but I still think this is a great article for NEM, and that it could help get more attention from LTB followers, and Bitcoin followers in general.

Only time I heard NEM mentioned on LTB before today was when they were talking about Nxt AE, and NEM got a 2 minute blurb where the speaker was so oblivious about NEM he said it was based on C++ I believe  Grin
So I would say this is still a step in the right direction.

I have to agree as well that this article is very good marketing step-titles like "How I made $1500 just by posting...'' are blowing mind  Grin

www.iotatoken.com                      https://twitter.com/iotatoken
Iota is a brand new and novel micro-transaction cryptotoken optimized for the Internet-of-Things (IoT). Unlike the complex and heavy blockchains of Bitcoin and the like, which were designed with other uses in mind, Iota is created to be as lightweight as possible, hence the name "Iota" with emphasis on the ‘IoT’ part.
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 03:11:32 PM

Could someone explain this to me if I want to harvest 24/7. Is it you get better rewards from spending NEM or by maintaining the network by leaving NIS running ??

'Proof of Importance' (PoI) coin generation that rewards people for actively using NEM as a currency, discouraging hoarding. The people most important in maintaining the network receive the highest coin rewards, not the people with the most NEM.
Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: