Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:28:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984108 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:23:05 PM

Check out the new shoutbox http://forum.nemcoin.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ARGpentem

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:23:31 PM

dont be mad at me... 10 more pages now about this flag bull?

Logo vote please. There is no reason for such a delay so an unpopular logo reign as the official logo (interim or not). Oh wait the vote is here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=668434.0

Now i am waiting for someone to claim why the vote is rigged toward a no name, no connection, non frequent poster designer.  

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:26:01 PM

Logo vote please. There is no reason for such a delay so an popular logo reign as the official logo (interim or not). Oh wait the vote is here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=668434.0

Now i am waiting for someone to claim why the vote is rigged toward a no name, no connection, non frequent poster designer.  

There is a reason. The desginer that made the oh so beloved "cube logo" is working on a branding which will obviously also include a logo.
We should wait for that before voting on anything.

ARGpentem

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:28:36 PM

Logo vote please. There is no reason for such a delay so an popular logo reign as the official logo (interim or not). Oh wait the vote is here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=668434.0

There is a reason. The desginer that made the oh so beloved "cube logo" is working on a branding which will obviously also include a logo.

Branding package is built on a certain logo. How can a branding package being developed without a final logo in place?  my question is which logo does he use to develop the branding package ?

abofj

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:31:23 PM

Branding package is built on a certain logo. How can a branding package being developed without a final logo in place?  my question is which logo does he use to develop the branding package ?

possibly that tommoe .....  Huh
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:35:51 PM

possibly that tommoe .....  Huh

He's making a new one.

ARGpentem

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:44:41 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2014, 01:56:27 PM by ARGpentem

Branding package is built on a certain logo. How can a branding package being developed without a final logo in place?  my question is which logo does he use to develop the branding package ?
possibly that tommoe .....  Huh
He's making a new one.

To be honest, what's the point of making a branding package without a final logo in place ? so now there is a new logo and a complete package is being built around that logo even though no one sees it yet ? is it now a "special candidate" ?

rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 02:06:11 PM

Please all don't quote the reply. This forum is not about facism. Looks like we have fallen into his trap to display the banner title for one page!

@xtester, please delete this whole page!

I don't agree with this approach at all.

Yeah. For once I have to agree with ARGpentem.

Please don't delete the page. That will only give the trolls fodder. This can be dealt with easily.

The page that our friend googlesearch linked to contains an artist's rendering of flags for various countries if they succumbed to fascism. That same page also contains flags for countries like the United States, Canada, Australia, and Tawain if they were under fascist control (which they are not and never were).

The specific flag our friend posted is not real. It merges the Nazi colors with the flag from a Japanese kingdom http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryukyu_Kingdom. Since the Ryukyu kingdom is based in Japan, it's not surprising that its flag had inspiration from the tomoe.

But, saying that the tomoe represents fascism because of an artist's rendering is senseless. I might as well just create a website saying that "googlesearch" is a fascist and citing it.

The whole point is about linking facscism with our movement. This is all about perception and psyche. It has nothing to do with the 3 big pictures but the title is good enough to say something about the 3 pictures. Just remember, not all readers are as smart and as deep thinking, or have the time to ponder over what this guy is trying to do. Pull yourself out of the box and imagine you are cursorily glancing another site with such a big banner.
feina24h

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:07:24 PM

so we got the same logo ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryukyu_Kingdom#mediaviewer/File:Ryukyu_Islands_flag_1875-1879_cs.svg

Fair Launch, No Premine and Active Devs = Logicoin
ARGpentem

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:20:59 PM

Please all don't quote the reply. This forum is not about facism. Looks like we have fallen into his trap to display the banner title for one page!

Please don't delete the page. That will only give the trolls fodder. This can be dealt with easily.

The page that our friend googlesearch linked to contains an artist's rendering of flags for various countries if they succumbed to fascism. That same page also contains flags for countries like the United States, Canada, Australia, and Tawain if they were under fascist control (which they are not and never were).

The specific flag our friend posted is not real. It merges the Nazi colors with the flag from a Japanese kingdom http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryukyu_Kingdom. Since the Ryukyu kingdom is based in Japan, it's not surprising that its flag had inspiration from the tomoe.

But, saying that the tomoe represents fascism because of an artist's rendering is senseless. I might as well just create a website saying that "googlesearch" is a fascist and citing it.

The whole point is about linking facscism with our movement. This is all about perception and psyche. It has nothing to do with the 3 big pictures but the title is good enough to say something about the 3 pictures. Just remember, not all readers are as smart and as deep thinking, or have the time to ponder over what this guy is trying to do. Pull yourself out of the box and imagine you are cursorily glancing another site with such a big banner.

"not all readers are as smart and as deep thinking" - this is a trait of any authoritative regime such as fascist or communist. I guess you are new to the decentralized culture. I have to say you are not suited if you do not rid of the "think for others" attitude.

On the logo rendering, I think these logo rendering horrify rockethead and the like because while they are fake, they are convincing. If doing something similar to American and Canada flag, you would have a laugh at most.      

ARGpentem

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:23:03 PM

Well it turns out to be an actual logo.

ARGpentem

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:55:10 PM

I know this is going to sound odd, but I don't see why having a logo so damn important. We are talking about building an entire economy. When has an economy had a logo in the history of civilization?

Countries companies corporations etc yes, but we are none of those thing.

what about our current global financial system? The very thing we plan to change and/or replace does not have a logo.

Perhaps we should just flip the lid on crypto, not just be different, say we dont do things the normal way and just not have one? Roll Eyes

I don't mind having no official logo. The tomoe drew criticism and scrutiny because the team pulled it out from nowhere and stamp "official" on it. It is such a no biggie tbh but I found it is strange that the NEM team trying to hold on to it like it is the best thing in the world.

fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:10:03 PM

I would go with something like the abstract Nem logo (number 3) for the simple reason that you need something that you can write on a piece of paper. £ for pounds, $ for dollar, B for bitcoin (not that B of course) ang N (number 3) for Nem.
abofj

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:33:26 PM

"not all readers are as smart and as deep thinking" - this is a trait of any authoritative regime such as fascist or communist. I guess you are new to the decentralized culture. I have to say you are not suited if you do not rid of the "think for others" attitude.

On the logo rendering, I think these logo rendering horrify rockethead and the like because while they are fake, they are convincing. If doing something similar to American and Canada flag, you would have a laugh at most.      

what do you mean with this "if you do not rid of the "think for others" attitude" ?

If others are not thought, then what the heck is meant by "Marketing"? Huh

ARGpentem

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:01:28 PM

what do you mean with this "if you do not rid of the "think for others" attitude" ?

the capability to see and make a decision by himself herself is something I hold dear. you may think someone is easily influenced or can't make a decision but even if that is true in some minor cases, it is better for that person to make a mistake and learn than not allowing him making a decision himself. that is something shared by the core libertarian early btc supporter group. Censorship something because you think it is not fit for the general population does not fit well with me coz you assume you know better and can "think for others". Can't say I speak for anyone but that is the gist of one against "censorship" argument I understand.

ARGpentem

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:10:01 PM

he means that people involved in crypto are very capable of thinking for themselves. You have to "think for others" when running a centralised org/company due to the hierarchical systems that are so prevalent in a centralised system.

There is no hierarchy in a decentralized culture and therefore people can and will think for themselves making the job of "thinking for others" (managers etc) redundant in a decentralized culture.

Those who try to think for others in a decentralized culture will not fit in well, the same that those who think for themselves do not fit in well in a centralised culture.

Atlests I think that's what he means lol

I like this. Google, Facebook, Apple have a plenty of resources and capability to make something way more friendly, safe, faster than bitcoin but it is not going to replace bitcoin due to the fundamental organization principle.

abofj

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:25:36 PM

the capability to see and make a decision by himself herself is something I hold dear. you may think someone is easily influenced or can't make a decision but even if that is true in some minor cases, it is better for that person to make a mistake and learn than not allowing him making a decision himself. that is something shared by the core libertarian early btc supporter group. Censorship something because you think it is not fit for the general population does not fit well with me coz you assume you know better and can "think for others". Can't say I speak for anyone but that is the gist of one against "censorship" argument I understand.

You mean that in "the decentralized culture" we should trust that the people here can think.
How about when crypto coins are tried to take to the outer world, outside of this "the decentralized culture"?  Those people should become the new nemstrs...

Until his day all the wars have been cretaed by the manipulation of the common people. Hitler Goebbels spoke and people believed. It has been so easy to get the people to movments. Do you think that the people of today and people of media world are much wiser and they cannot be manipulated. It may be a very light push to some direction... And there they go!

That "light push" can be whatever, even a manipulated logo.

JulioCesar

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:58:35 PM

note to everyone: check post history of this user.

track record is entirely posts like these so please dont rise to this attempt to splinter the community over the logo again which has been forgotten about.

Speaking of which, did they decide this was the final and official logo?

no. Like I said a thousand times - it's interim.

Sure, sorry for my criticism! I like a lot simple but formative logos like ripple, darkcoin, maidesafe etc

1b7150efc4abdc96f11a0b678d974541318a4a7973e0588d4849651551963a7d
JulioCesar

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 08:27:11 PM

note to everyone: check post history of this user.

track record is entirely posts like these so please dont rise to this attempt to splinter the community over the logo again which has been forgotten about.

Speaking of which, did they decide this was the final and official logo?

no. Like I said a thousand times - it's interim.

Sure, sorry for my criticism! I like a lot simple but formative logos like ripple, darkcoin, maidesafe etc

what criticism? lol

I wanted to express that I do not want to criticize NEM

1b7150efc4abdc96f11a0b678d974541318a4a7973e0588d4849651551963a7d
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 08:33:41 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2014, 09:03:10 PM by xtester

There's no problem with expressing opinions as long as we can keep it civilized. In fact feedback is of utmost importance in the process of finding the best way to move forward.

Update: To be fair, the above statement only qualifies if you are not CfA.
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: