Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:25:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984108 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:41:35 PM

any news about the starting of the beta?
Expected in September. Smiley
But all data are without limit or warranty.

Will there be a deadline for claiming your stake? Will it expire?

I think so.
But so far, there is not even a date when you'll be able to request it.
So I wouldn't worry too much about that, but also keep having a look on here from time to time. Smiley

in fact! there's no need to worry right now Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jenea4pda

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

Iota and JINN

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:57:13 PM

Hi Guys! Just for info - ethereum begins ether sale(https://www.ethereum.org/)  ...it's really not bad  Shocked just 2000 ethers for 1 btc Cheesy
Cheers

www.iotatoken.com                      https://twitter.com/iotatoken
Iota is a brand new and novel micro-transaction cryptotoken optimized for the Internet-of-Things (IoT). Unlike the complex and heavy blockchains of Bitcoin and the like, which were designed with other uses in mind, Iota is created to be as lightweight as possible, hence the name "Iota" with emphasis on the ‘IoT’ part.
BloodyRookie

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:05:28 PM

I have now downloaded client 0.0.73 and opened nis.bat and ncc.bat. I navigate to http://localhost:8989/ncc/web/index.html, enter my wallet password.

Then it ask me to boot a node, I input the nodes name and when clicking BOOT nothing at all happens. I can only close the window clicking on the corner X.

I start harvesting but no blocks harvested so far (already a couple hours) Importance 0.06%

0.0.74 should be the current client.
Sometimes booting takes quite a time, how long did you wait before closing the window?
Harvesting with 0.06% will probably take quite a while till you harvest your first block. How many nem do you have?

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
BitZCoin

Activity: 275

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 02:08:26 PM

Hi Guys! Just for info - ethereum begins ether sale(https://www.ethereum.org/)  ...it's really not bad  Shocked just 2000 ethers for 1 btc Cheesy
Cheers
They want to reach a 30 mio. marketcap direct from the beginning. I think Nem would be the much more effective investment, right now Smiley

Here it is: TakePart!
asdlolciterquit

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:12:11 PM

Hi Guys! Just for info - ethereum begins ether sale(https://www.ethereum.org/)  ...it's really not bad  Shocked just 2000 ethers for 1 btc Cheesy
Cheers

why do you think is a good price?
BitZCoin

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 02:26:36 PM

Hi Guys! Just for info - ethereum begins ether sale(https://www.ethereum.org/)  ...it's really not bad  Shocked just 2000 ethers for 1 btc Cheesy
Cheers

I think that was sarcasm Smiley
Also I wouldn't say that it's bad at all. 2000 Ether are double of that (hope this is right), what you'll get later this auction. Smiley

ARGpentem

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:27:51 PM

Cheers

It depends. I think it is very good for them and for investors as well if they can raise a lot fund. In my view, Ethereum has the Bitcoin challenger status while NEM has NXT challenger status. 2015 would be very interesting as a lot of new projects going to fruition. BUT everyone should hope that Bitcoin stays strong, get bigger or at least stay at this level and not deflate  to sub 300 level.  

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
BitZCoin

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 02:30:50 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2014, 02:45:17 PM by BitZCoin

Let's talk about other things Cheesy
Ethereum shouldn't have a stage in our nearly 62 000 times read thread Cheesy

Btw.:
Page 150 reached*    

*again

jenea4pda

Iota and JINN

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:55:03 PM

Let's talk about other things Cheesy
Ethereum shouldn't have a stage in our nearly 62 000 times read thread Cheesy

Btw.:
Page 150 reached*    

*again
yep, again page 150...

Iota is a brand new and novel micro-transaction cryptotoken optimized for the Internet-of-Things (IoT). Unlike the complex and heavy blockchains of Bitcoin and the like, which were designed with other uses in mind, Iota is created to be as lightweight as possible, hence the name "Iota" with emphasis on the ‘IoT’ part.
jenea4pda

Iota and JINN

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:00:07 PM

Cheers

It depends. I think it is very good for them and for investors as well if they can raise a lot fund. In my view, Ethereum has the Bitcoin challenger status while NEM has NXT challenger status. 2015 would be very interesting as a lot of new projects going to fruition. BUT everyone should hope that Bitcoin stays strong, get bigger or at least stay at this level and not deflate  to sub 300 level.  
of course matter of good price was with sarcasm Grin @ARGpentem- what kind of projects( a lot of) are going to fruition on 2015 except of ethereum?

ARGpentem

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:02:27 PM

Cheers

of course matter of good price was with sarcasm Grin @ARGpentem- what kind of projects( a lot of) are going to fruition on 2015 except of ethereum?

Some coming at the end of the year too like NEM, Bitshare, Crypti, Maidsafe etc. These are the big ones, there are a lot of other smaller ones and that I count non -clone projects only.

Add Nodes, Exo too.

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
solix

Activity: 180

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:05:38 PM

**NEM requires Java 8**.

Seriously? Soooo.. There is no real intention for this coin to be used by the general public for quite some time to come? I know programmers just love to play with shiny new things but someone should have smacked them upside the head and said a big fat no to that one.

You can install Java 8 just like 7. We provided a link too so what is your problem?
You're the first one to complain so you might not want to talk about the "general public" here.
I'm probably the first one to complain because I'm not part of the crypto community and have spent the last decade marketing shit to the general public.. I spent a decade before that managing programmers and keeping them inline so that the products they created could actually be used by people and not just "techies". The general public has a hard time programming their DVD players.. Of those in the general public that have java 7 installed on their computers they probably only have it cause their kids did it so they could play minecraft. You have to create things that someone who is practically "brain dead" can actually use.

Every single coin out there has these sorts of problem, no thought to actually catering to the general public. They just "hope" that they'll somehow come on board. Everything I read on this forum is all about catering to the community and of course the markets. The first coin that will actually focus on catering to the general public will actually have the chance to "win". I'm not picking on NEM, as I said all the coins suffer from this problem. It would just be nice to see one that actually thinks seriously about it before hand and doesn't put roadblocks in their way.

Have to say I agree. The minute java update pops up my mom closes it and tells me whatever she is trying to run is broken and I need to remote in and fix it. The average computer probably has java 1.6 and possibly 1.7. You can say "hey we provided a link" all you want, and that is a valid response, but the average joe ain't gonna navigate that. If they click it, and firefox asks "what do you want to do with this?", and they say "open" and it doesn't involve a couple clicks before the interface is in front of them, they'll roll over, and that's a fact. I do a lot of pc repair and builds for my community and I promise you the average person can't handle installing a new jdk, as ridiculous as it sounds to you and I. If you want to keep it a geek only cost of entry totally fine, just accept that is what you have done.

Also, what features in the 1.8 JDK are we using that we actually need? Are we coding to the new API or are we just saying "for some reason it seems like it only runs on 1.8 because we get a stack trace and we don't investigate it"? I'll accept that as a valid response if there is some UI based objects that really make our lives easier in 1.8. When I compared 1.6 to 1.7 for our dev shop there was like one deal breaker feature we needed (granted our code was business objects and not UI heavy).

Your Ad here! PM us now if you'd like to advertise here.
asdlolciterquit

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:24:36 PM

Cheers

i'm sorry. now it's clear Cheesy
solix

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:29:22 PM

Looks like Ethereum is finally up for sale if that is your cup of tea.

1 BTC for 2000 Ethereum it looks like.

zoata87
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 06:36:55 PM

1 eth - .0005 btc minimum?  Shocked
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:49:46 PM

Didn't Maidsafe do like $8 million in 24 or 48 hours?  Some success that was.  We later found out that most of the IPO funds came from MtGox bots laundering stolen money.   I wonder if Ethereum will be getting laundered Bitcoins too?  I was one of the first to see the Ethereum presale thread and by then they already had a million (from where?  the thread barely had any views and there were no news articles about it on Google.  Who threw in a million so fast?)

Ethereum is a copywrighting coin (journalist coin) like Max Coin and Mastercoin, they pump out these essay articles and hour long boring videos that are only seen by hundreds (with the odd video or two with a few thousand fews).  Between Vitalik flying around the world and partying and doing hour+ long interviews, where he has the time to develop anything.  But, then again, if he's a full time mascot for Goldman Sachs' they probably outsourced the development to India.   Grin

Ethereum is on record for stating it wants a $30 million IPO back in January.  If I put in $1000 - that gives me 0.0000033% (that's five zeros) of all Ethereum.  Just to see a return of 100x Ethereum would have to hit $3 billion which is easier said than done.  I don't think a coin can go anywhere if it's a ponzi scheme ran by rich investors.  There's nothing to incentive early adopters to come on board to use the coin.

As for the Ethereum language bull$hit..  It took a good decade for C++ and Java to work out all the bugs and to have a community of developers, nobody but Vitalik knows how to program in his supposed Ethereum and I bet its' bugged.  As for Ether itself, it's still on generation 1.0 format of PoW / PoS hybrid (Peercoin has been doing that for ages).  Ethereum seems like it's more geared to take on 1.0 coins than to compete with any 2.0 coins out there.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:12:41 PM

**NEM requires Java 8**.

Seriously? Soooo.. There is no real intention for this coin to be used by the general public for quite some time to come? I know programmers just love to play with shiny new things but someone should have smacked them upside the head and said a big fat no to that one.

You can install Java 8 just like 7. We provided a link too so what is your problem?
You're the first one to complain so you might not want to talk about the "general public" here.
I'm probably the first one to complain because I'm not part of the crypto community and have spent the last decade marketing shit to the general public.. I spent a decade before that managing programmers and keeping them inline so that the products they created could actually be used by people and not just "techies". The general public has a hard time programming their DVD players.. Of those in the general public that have java 7 installed on their computers they probably only have it cause their kids did it so they could play minecraft. You have to create things that someone who is practically "brain dead" can actually use.

Every single coin out there has these sorts of problem, no thought to actually catering to the general public. They just "hope" that they'll somehow come on board. Everything I read on this forum is all about catering to the community and of course the markets. The first coin that will actually focus on catering to the general public will actually have the chance to "win". I'm not picking on NEM, as I said all the coins suffer from this problem. It would just be nice to see one that actually thinks seriously about it before hand and doesn't put roadblocks in their way.

Have to say I agree. The minute java update pops up my mom closes it and tells me whatever she is trying to run is broken and I need to remote in and fix it. The average computer probably has java 1.6 and possibly 1.7. You can say "hey we provided a link" all you want, and that is a valid response, but the average joe ain't gonna navigate that. If they click it, and firefox asks "what do you want to do with this?", and they say "open" and it doesn't involve a couple clicks before the interface is in front of them, they'll roll over, and that's a fact. I do a lot of pc repair and builds for my community and I promise you the average person can't handle installing a new jdk, as ridiculous as it sounds to you and I. If you want to keep it a geek only cost of entry totally fine, just accept that is what you have done.

Also, what features in the 1.8 JDK are we using that we actually need? Are we coding to the new API or are we just saying "for some reason it seems like it only runs on 1.8 because we get a stack trace and we don't investigate it"? I'll accept that as a valid response if there is some UI based objects that really make our lives easier in 1.8. When I compared 1.6 to 1.7 for our dev shop there was like one deal breaker feature we needed (granted our code was business objects and not UI heavy).

Like I said it's not just going to be a link forever. As soon as Sun/Oracle get's their shit together you are directed to the download page.
The average joe will be important but think about the timframe here. Do you reall think your mum will be the target group for the first couple of months ? People that aren't tech savvy enough to install a simple programm won't use NEM in it's earlier stages anyway. When we hit stores, merchants, banks and NEM reaches actual utility THEN it will be very important to have an even easier client and a mobile wallet. Remeber this is only the first stage so don't be so quick to judge. At some point we may provide an online portal like PayPal - the sky is the limit if we  and stick together as a community and work on this project together.

You'd have to ask the core devs why they chose Java 8 but I can tell you that it's not "for some reason it seems like it only runs on 1.8 because we get a stack trace and we don't investigate it". After everything you've seen is that really the kind of thing you expect from our core devs ? Are you kidding me ?

BloodyRookie

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:25:39 PM

Java 8 got some improvements we heavily use like CompletableFuture and lambda expressions.

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
solix

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:34:56 PM

Java 8 got some improvements we heavily use like CompletableFuture and lambda expressions.

Acceptable rebuttal, intelligent and specific reason given, statement retracted. And I was not intending to insult anyone. This usability stuff is always a balancing act.

@patmast3r - Your point is absolutely taken, I'm just trying to constantly remind everyone how low the bar really is, so where possible let's make strategic decisions. In this case I think people just wanted a solid justification for the "latest and greatest" tendency concern, which has now been given. That certainly wasn't a jab at the devs, whom I respect. Just don't forget how mind bendingly inefficient the average person is on a piece of technology. Statements like "this will someday replace fiat" require the minimum amount of barriers. As you said, that time frame is much larger than the small window of struggle we are seeing here, so acknowledged. 

dwma

Activity: 405

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:36:10 PM

How is Ethereum a challenger to Bitcoin?  BTSX is Bitcoin's biggest challenger, followed by NEM.  NXT will implode.  When NEM went on NXT's asset change every NXT holder thought they were sh**ing bricks of gold but now the price is right back to where it has been for ages.
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: