Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:44:29 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984384 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
nembit86

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:36:31 AM

Keep in mind guys that the logo decision will also have a huge impact on the branding. Before you vote think of what the branding could look like with the logo of your coice Smiley

Yup, that's why I went for 3. Abstract nem.  Its away from the coin theme and as stated before, different colours could be used for different purposes. I remember it Looking so different to others on coinmarketcap.

fan logo is fine but I voted for the cube. There should be a final round if the most voted logo has less than 50 percent of the votes.

Should there? Why?

The most votes means , from those voting , the most liked.

Why do you always want to manipulate/ change things?

It is a standard voting procedure. It has been used everywhere else. For example: the the most voted logo has 35%, the second voted logo has 30% and the third voted logo has 25% and the rest has 10% percent. Now if you hold a second round between the most voted logo and the second voted logo, it is plausible that the  the second voted logo comes out the winner.
This isnt ' everywhere else'

Mkay, so where is this ?

Here!!!!

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
ARGpentem

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:39:49 AM

Keep in mind guys that the logo decision will also have a huge impact on the branding. Before you vote think of what the branding could look like with the logo of your coice Smiley

Yup, that's why I went for 3. Abstract nem.  Its away from the coin theme and as stated before, different colours could be used for different purposes. I remember it Looking so different to others on coinmarketcap.

fan logo is fine but I voted for the cube. There should be a final round if the most voted logo has less than 50 percent of the votes.

Should there? Why?

It is a standard voting procedure. It has been used everywhere else. For example: the the most voted logo has 35%, the second voted logo has 30% and the third voted logo has 25% and the rest has 10% percent. Now if you hold a second round between the most voted logo and the second voted logo, it is plausible that the  the second voted logo comes out the winner.

I actually have to agree with ARGpentem (which is a rare occurrence Smiley)
I would however make the second vote a little shorter. This voting ends on august 1st which is a friday so we could have the 2nd round - if it's necessary - end on the following sunday Smiley

something could be an overwhelmingly favorite.

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
ARGpentem

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:53:46 AM

Yup, that's why I went for 3. Abstract nem.  Its away from the coin theme and as stated before, different colours could be used for different purposes. I remember it Looking so different to others on coinmarketcap.

Should there? Why?

It is a standard voting procedure. It has been used everywhere else. For example: the the most voted logo has 35%, the second voted logo has 30% and the third voted logo has 25% and the rest has 10% percent. Now if you hold a second round between the most voted logo and the second voted logo, it is plausible that the  the second voted logo comes out the winner.

Mkay, so where is this ?

Here!!!!

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
nembit86

Activity: 588

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:34:51 PM

Should there? Why?

Mkay, so where is this ?

Here!!!!

You'll be wanting a vote on the voting system next....

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
michael8888

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:52:32 PM

The images for the concise logo don't make any sense.. I don't think it's working?

Need more criticism. I love a challenge.

This is the NEM,fair and free.

Thank you. @xtester
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 02:19:35 PM

Should there? Why?

Mkay, so where is this ?

Here!!!!

You'll be wanting a vote on the voting system next....

Put a tear in my eye xD

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
Thies1965

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:26:08 PM

maybe some of you know freeNAS: http://www.freenas.org
have this type of nas server running on my own for years know and today i thought i could be a good solution to put NIS service on that NAS machines. NIS plugin runs stable 24/7 in the backround of your home/buisness fileserver, stabilizing the NEM network.

http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Plugins

the marketing effect would be amazing to put NIS into the most widespreaded, non-commercial NAS server solution.

what do you think?

That sounds interesting. Anyway, at the moment we develop NIS and NCC on Java. To be honest I am not that familiar with freenas, do you already have experience with developing plugins for freenas?
Thies1965

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:28:37 PM

Can't boot a local NEM node. If I create a node name with just numbers it gives me "ERROR 306", else I always get "ERROR 601: Unknown error". I used a one-click-installation file from forum.nemcoin.com.

Sorry for this, we have already a fix available for the 601 and there will be a fix for 306 during booting of NIS server.

Stay tuned, next release will appear shortly.
cryptoknightt

Activity: 1189
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:05:32 PM

and just to ensure that this process NEVER ends.... Smiley  .....

LOL this is UPs orginal if ya look at it. So that would put us back to the beginning lol.  Grin
lexicon

Activity: 279

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 07:45:13 PM

I admit I didn't see it was restricted to 1000 tokens to begin with, my apologies. I do find the small number of tokens a bit strange given the size of NEM's user-base though.

I have a few questions.

Why has issuance been suspended?
How many tokens have been issued?
How many were issued to the dev/marketing team?
You have said there is no ETA for token issuance to be resumed, but perhaps the community can receive a best guess?

No need to apologize.

1000 is a third of all stakes. We didn't anticipate a demand higher than that and so far it seems we were right. 408 tokens are still there to be transfered to stakeholders which means 592 have been transfered to stakeholders.
Issueance is being halted because of multiple fraud attempts (some successful as outlined in the newsletter and a dedicated thread) and we needed to come up with a more secure way to issue tokens.
0 tokens were issued to dev or marketing team. Since the marketing team has grown a lot lately I can't be 100% sure about that. Maybe a few of them did request tokens.
We are close to resuming (discussed on the last page) but are still ironing out the details. My personal guesstimate is next week or the week after that.

This is from the Token thread.

For one. this says it was discusssed on the last page. and yes technically if was mentioned, but I wouldn't call it discussed by any meaningful sense of the word.

I don't think this is fair the way this is being handled. And I'm about to tell you why.

a. It's not fair because some people were able to receive their token and others are NOT.

It was said that 1000 would be issued if 100 people asked. It's a LIE that it was a 1000 GUESS. The 1000 came from that fact that the other two 1000 parts were reserved for XCP and Mastercoin.

If 100 people ask for tokens on XCP or Mastercoin, well at least it was PROMISED that tokens would be issued on those platforms as well.

b. A SCAMMER should only be able to hurt the person they scammed.

They should NOT be given the power to hurt me too!!! This is what you are giving them.

Halting the tokens for a short period of time is fine. BUT IT HAS BEEN WEEKS!!! unless you are writing a damn program to issue these things, there has been plenty of time to figure out a way to give them to a real stakeholder!!!

All that happened is Pat got scammed by the oldest trick on BTT. (Pat I respect you for all the hard work you have put in and I dont' even know if you are paid, but either way you have held everything together, which NEM desparately needed with the UP situation, GREAT JOB, but I highly disagree with you here as you can clearly see)

All that  happened is the scammer made accounts that were close to the real stakeholders account name. That was it!!

This is very, very easy to fix. TRIPLE CHECK the name, and get on with it.

c. It is not fair if one stakeholder thinks that NEM has reached its peak value and can sell his stake and another can not. I'm not necessarily saying that NEM has peaked, but if one person or a group of lets say 408, or 100 or more people that wanted to sell now and wanted to use XCP or Mastercoin to do it, they should be able to because others were allowed to do it.

A WEEK OR TWO IS NOT ACCEPTABLE WHEN IT HAS ALREADY BEEN WEEKS TO FIX SUCH A AMATEUR PROBLEM!!!

This is a clear example of one of the things that is hurting the value of NEM, it takes A MONTH or more to fix simple things such as this!!!!

NoirSuccubus

Activity: 353
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 08:22:58 PM

Hmmm, Im pretty sure theyre working on a program to make token distribution automated. I cant think of any other reason why it would be halted for this amount of time. 
lexicon

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 08:37:21 PM

Hmmm, Im pretty sure theyre working on a program to make token distribution automated. I cant think of any other reason why it would be halted for this amount of time.  

I really hope not, we should be thinking about launch, beta, etc. not writing a program for temporary tokens. WTF? I am so pissed Im about to sell my damn account. And I am/was a BIG supporter of NEM, but they have made more mistakes that successes, or it would be worth a hell of a lot more than it is with how great the platform is. Its the leadership, or lack thereof, that is the problem with NEM. Got to hand it to UP, when he was in charge, shit ran like clockwork. Decentralization is one thing, but someone needs to be appointed to run shit!!!!

All you have to do is be aware of the scam, which now pat is, so whats the deal? A real person, trusted person, like Pat, would be better than any program
troisky

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:04:46 PM

So what is the comparation with NEM and NXT?
xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:29:55 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2014, 09:47:50 PM by xtester

Thank you for expressing your concerns guys.

I can assure you we are at work discussing a solution regarding the assets problem. We will post some information regarding this as soon as we have a consensus on the matter.

That being said, both the dev team and the marketing team are working hard to prepare some interesting things for Nem.

Although there are some issues that are more energy and time consuming than others, we are making decisive steps in the right direction.

A new alpha build is being prepared to be released and along with that we are also preparing a mass marketing campaign to spread the news about NEM.

Don't get distracted by noise and small matters but rather focus on the big picture. If you do so I'm sure you will again be reminded why you chose to stay with NEM.

Please remember, we are a long term project trying to build innovation at multiple levels and on this strenuous road there will be countless obstacles. Our only choice is to move forward and keep things together. With the Alpha release our great dev team has proven to be more than capable to deliver a quality product. We have moved with NEM from an interesting concept to the first layers of our complex system. With Beta just around the corner, several interesting features will be further implemented and revealed. Hopefully at launch we will have a great piece of innovation ready to be used and leveraged, an established brand to accompany this innovation and a helpful, intelligent and thoughtful community to support the project. And although the launch will be a great and important milestone for NEM, it will only be the first in a series of 1000 steps.

In conclusion, whenever you're distracted by an annoying problem, look at the big picture - things should look quite different through that lens and in the meantime we'll solve the problem anyway.

Thank you and have a great weekend.
lexicon

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:37:30 PM

I can assure you we are at work discussing a solution regarding the assets problem. We will post some information regarding this as soon as we have a consensus on the matter.

That being said, both the dev team and the marketing team are working hard to prepare some interesting things for Nem.

Although there are some issues that are more energy and time consuming than others, we are making decisive steps in the right direction.

A new alpha build is being prepared to be released and along with that we are also preparing a mass marketing campaign to spread the news about NEM.

Don't get distracted by noise and small matters but rather focus on the big picture. If you do so I'm sure you will again be reminded why you chose to stay with NEM.

Please remember, we are a long term project trying to build innovation at multiple levels and on this strenuous road there will be countless obstacles. Our only choice is to move forward and keep things together. With the Alpha release our great dev team has proven to be more than capable to deliver a quality product. We have moved with NEM from an interesting concept to the first layers of our complex system. With Beta just around the corner, several interesting features will be further implemented and revealed. Hopefully at launch we will have a great piece of innovation ready to be used and leveraged, an established brand to accompany this innovation and a helpful, intelligent and thoughtful community to support the project. And although the launch will be a great and important milestone for NEM, it will only be the first in a series of 1000 steps.

In conclusion, whenever you're distracted by an annoying problem, look at the big picture - things should look quite different through that lens.

Consesus on the matter? What are the conflicting points of view???

lexicon

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:38:35 PM

In conclusion, whenever you're distracted by an annoying problem, look at the big picture - things should look quite different through that lens.

Thank you for labeling it a PROBLEM!!!
Sword555

Activity: 619

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:43:55 PM

you guys can't do anything without it taking a least a quarter. Yes, a quarter of a year man. I will be happy to help, what is it that makes it so difficult for you guys to take any step, no matter how small.

Go ahead and delete this if you want.

But other than producing a newsletter, what else have you accomplished in 7 months, other than taking 6 months to produce an alpha?

Tell us one thing.

Instead of cryptic posts that promise things that you don't deliver, tell us what marketing you have planned without any logo or branding done??? Huh Huh Huh Huh

you are 7 to 8 months in and don't have a logo man
Parana

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Step into a world!! A P2P world!

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:52:23 PM

Just because every person want something but everybody doesnt want the same thing...

as simple as that!! Im not so sure if I were clear!! anyway....  Grin

Sword555

Activity: 619

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:57:00 PM

Just because every person want something but everybody doesnt want the same thing...

you know what, youre right.

So how do we fix this, it's killing us
lexicon

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:59:36 PM

you know what, youre right.

So how do we fix this, it's killing us

We need a leader, we need to appoint someone. It has been said many times. With UP we were golden. We have no UP. No leader.

Does decentralization mean that there can't be a leader appointed?
Pages: « 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: