Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:41:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984111 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BitZCoin

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 08:06:51 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2014, 10:31:14 PM by BitZCoin

Because it is July and hot and you all are lazy, here is only one issue to be thought:

1. The logo should unify the community; it should not increase the dispersion e.g. by splitting the community into two opposite groups.

The dispersion could be avoided by a voting system which allows "negative" votes. Has such been considered?

The vote has now been thrown to the wall like a small note on the coffee room's wall: "please make a new coffee-pot after you have taken the last cup".  (this note indicates something which is obvious - something similar is in the latest vote postings: it is obvious that the "brand new" logo is the winner ... )

I hoped to see more discipline in this matter, despite the summer.

It would do good if you get up and do something instead of being an armchair critic. You had all the time to come out with a serious concrete plan on the logo while we "lazily" discussed about it at great length in the last month.

NEM requires people who can contribute rather that just shoot things off their mouth. That, everybody can do. Walk the talk please.

Critics and discussion are contributions. It is unfortunate that rockethead does not realize that.

That's just annoying, guys.
Also for me the choose between the cube and the "brand new logo" was hard.
But in the end, my vote has gone to the "fan".
I love the grey in it and I think it's flat design will may even better fit to the flat design of the client, than the cube would.

Btw.: It would be great to code the tiles in the client moveable, too.
The layout of New Economy MOVEMENT should be as versatile and flexible, as the application it self.

Here it is: TakePart!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
furlong

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:18:07 PM

Why NEM and not NXT?

Huh
lexicon

Activity: 279
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:18:49 PM

rockethead seems to like "walk the talk" every time anyone says something contrary to the "official" opinion, I will offer my service to continue the token issuance like this:

1. patmast3r continues to receive token issuance request via PM  ( this step is like before ).

2. Following each valid request, patmast3r posts the requester's account in the issuance list ( this step is like before )

3. I will cross check the requester's account against the official stakeholder list (a new cross checking step) to ensure that every requester's account has a match in the official stakeholder list. No need to give me any special access to the document.

4. After getting my confirmation, patmast3r can send the tokens to the requester's account.

If patmast3r post the requester's list at a fixed time everyday, I guarantee to give my confirmation within one hour of that day. I am very careful with lists and numbers so there is almost no chance I make a mistake. If you want to make it foolproof, enlist one more person to cross check the list. That is my 5 minute solution to your token issuance problem. Feel free to comment.

That's the thing, Pat can do it by himself, no problem, the chances of him making a mistake would be zero.

Then, on top of this ARGpentem, who is a numbers guy, double checks as well.

Now, tell me the chance that a scammer would get through, ZERO!!!

Now with all the complaining I have done, just by myself, not to mention the other 5 or 6 community members who have put a word in saying this should be fixed ---> why in the world would they still be holding back?
                                    ---> what in the world are they discussing that we are not allowed to know?

At first, I just wanted my token, but now things are getting really spooky here.
Care to let us in on what the REAL problem is, because it stands to reason, that with the info that has been given us, the hold would be long over by now. So my question is, WHAT THE HELL IS THE SECRET?? WE DESERVE TO KNOW WHAT IS UP?

WE ARE NOT BEING GIVEN A PIECE OF INFORMATION HERE,

ARGpentem figured it out in 5 minutes, its been weeks.

SO SOMETHING IS FISHY

I've been contributing to the community the last few days and I am not going to stop. Fine. Don't give me my token now.

BUT TELL US WHAT IS GOING ON? WE ARE NOT DUMB.

you have to see it from our vantage point, we are not on the inside, imagine what goes though my mind everytime, each hour or so, I check my account, and it is still not there.

Try to put yourself in our shoes guys?

Wouldn't you be asking questions? and even more and more questoins with each cryptic answer?
Sword555

Activity: 619
Merit: 251

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:46:07 PM

rockethead seems to like "walk the talk" every time anyone says something contrary to the "official" opinion, I will offer my service to continue the token issuance like this:

1. patmast3r continues to receive token issuance request via PM  ( this step is like before ).

2. Following each valid request, patmast3r posts the requester's account in the issuance list ( this step is like before )

3. I will cross check the requester's account against the official stakeholder list (a new cross checking step) to ensure that every requester's account has a match in the official stakeholder list. No need to give me any special access to the document.

4. After getting my confirmation, patmast3r can send the tokens to the requester's account.

If patmast3r post the requester's list at a fixed time everyday, I guarantee to give my confirmation within one hour of that day. I am very careful with lists and numbers so there is almost no chance I make a mistake. If you want to make it foolproof, enlist one more person to cross check the list. That is my 5 minute solution to your token issuance problem. Feel free to comment.

+1

has nothing changed yet, or is this the new plan. Anyways I plus +1 it

and I voted for the fan, how about you? did you vote?
Thies1965

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 10:00:49 PM

maybe some of you know freeNAS: http://www.freenas.org
have this type of nas server running on my own for years know and today i thought i could be a good solution to put NIS service on that NAS machines. NIS plugin runs stable 24/7 in the backround of your home/buisness fileserver, stabilizing the NEM network.

http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Plugins

the marketing effect would be amazing to put NIS into the most widespreaded, non-commercial NAS server solution.

what do you think?

That sounds interesting. Anyway, at the moment we develop NIS and NCC on Java. To be honest I am not that familiar with freenas, do you already have experience with developing plugins for freenas?

Freenas is BSD under the hood (and uses the BSD out of box network storage functionality) with a PHP front end for managing the configuration files. I'm still a bit perplexed as to what specifically we are proposing to do with it as it relates to NEM. Are we saying that we'd sponsor a bunch of data center implementations of Freenas on pizza boxes or VMs or something and run a bunch of NIS nodes on those hosts? I use freenas a ton in virtual and non-virtual scenarios and would be happy to help if I understood the proposal.

My understanding is more the question how broad could we make the backbone for a crypto currency. So if it is easy to deploy NIS on a broader range of HW that is constantly running, why not. It helps to stabilize things.
IMO if ideas are coming floating in, the more the better.

Future scenarios for NCC / NIS could also be that there are mobile front-ends talking to your own instance of NCC which in turn connects to the NEM cloud.
Jaguar0625

Activity: 299

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 10:44:27 PM

Everyone is actually pretty busy building NEM. I'm sorry resuming stake issuance hasn't been a priority. The developers are actually writing code and the marketing team is brainstorming ways to make NEM a success.

Having said that, in order to get this thread back to normal, we're going to resume issuing stakes. Every request will be checked by both patmastr and xtester. Stakes will be issued once a week on Sunday (since there doesn't appear to be a lot of demand). Please let us know if there are any concerns with this plan.

NEM - nem.io
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 11:06:45 PM

Why NEM and not NXT?

Huh

Satoshi 1.0 plus BCnext 2.0 make NEM 3.0.  NEM is silver.  Much riches.  Much wow.  To the moooon

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Jaguar0625

Activity: 299

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 11:07:02 PM

Also, you guys need to give it a rest about UtopianFuture. Yes, he did start the project, but he's not here anymore. There are a lot of great people still here working on NEM. Focus on what they're doing and maybe even consider contributing yourselves.

And, in truth, what NEM is today is a lot different from UtopianFuture's original vision.

I also don't know why people refer to UtopianFuture as UP (UtopianFuture) instead of UF (UtopianFuture)

NEM - nem.io
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 11:07:47 PM

Also, you guys need to give it a rest about UtopianFuture. Yes, he did start the project, but he's not here anymore. There are a lot of great people still here working on NEM. Focus on what they're doing and maybe even consider contributing yourselves.

And, in truth, what NEM is today is a lot different from UtopianFuture's original vision.

I also don't know why people refer to UtopianFuture as UP (UtopianFuture) instead of UF (UtopianFuture)

Maybe there's a lot of Ultimate Fighter fans on Bitcointalk?  Can't confuse people after all..

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
BitZCoin

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 11:42:44 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2014, 11:53:57 PM by BitZCoin

May someone can send me the link to join the trello team? Smiley

Thanks in advance

GreetZ

BitZCoin

BitZCoin

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 01:31:33 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2014, 02:23:11 AM by BitZCoin

May someone can send me the link to join the trello team? Smiley

Thanks in advance

GreetZ

BitZCoin

these are the only 2 open to public

https://trello.com/b/GEWEPSZJ/nem-promotion
https://trello.com/b/9psFZ0aQ/nem-ecosystem

im not sure about joining the team but to do so you would have to speak to patmast3r or xtester.

Thanks kodtycoon.
I found these 2 threads, but I'm not able to do much there. Smiley

I'm active and helping here, right from the beginning.
But now the time has come, where the marketing has to move forward.
We have to brainstorm and to work out a plan how to proceed with the main task, - to sell our product!

You can't really do this here on a public thread (also not as a guest on trello^^).
At least, the marketing will be the most important instrument we have. Therefore, I want to see what is done so far and what the plans for the future are.
We'll have to work efficient, with a fix budget. But also the people have to associate something with NEM.
They should remember what they have heard about and live the spirit, we want to sell them.
-This will be the work, the marketing committee should be measured on.

Therefor, it will be good for all of us to have different brains working together and being creative.
This will help us finding the best solutions and to reach as many people as possible.
Also, later we'll need some well informed individuals to represent Nem, too.
They'll have to show what we stand for and to speak on different fairs or interviews, for example.

Right now I could work up to ~20h a week and I'm sure, there will be a lot to do for us in the future.
Involve me even more in this project!
- The spirit of NEM took me and together we'll rock this! Smiley

GreetZ

BitZCoin

lexicon

Activity: 279
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 02:01:50 AM

Everyone is actually pretty busy building NEM. I'm sorry resuming stake issuance hasn't been a priority. The developers are actually writing code and the marketing team is brainstorming ways to make NEM a success.

Having said that, in order to get this thread back to normal, we're going to resume issuing stakes. Every request will be checked by both patmastr and xtester. Stakes will be issued once a week on Sunday (since there doesn't appear to be a lot of demand). Please let us know if there are any concerns with this plan.

Thank you very much for solving this!!

It is very much appreciated, as many members of the community voiced over the past few days that they were also in support of re-starting the issuance of Tokens.
BitZCoin

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 03:10:23 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2014, 04:31:44 AM by BitZCoin

And sry. for saying that guys; but from these 155 Stakes to sell, you should really give the proceeds of min. the half of them to the promotion.
We'll have a lot of running charges there.
400 Stakes for the development are ok, but they are worth nothing, if we are not able to sell them.
I'm afraid, that these 100 Stakes, the marketing has right now, are proportional a little to undercharged for the long haul.
You can not run an apparatus like this in long term, when you have at least just 2,5% of it as budget for it's advertisement and promotion.
It's impossible to generate big money and awareness out of that. Also you won't find any great company, doing it so.
To be real economical, I would even say you should at least min. double this amount.

rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 03:18:02 AM

Because it is July and hot and you all are lazy, here is only one issue to be thought:

1. The logo should unify the community; it should not increase the dispersion e.g. by splitting the community into two opposite groups.

The dispersion could be avoided by a voting system which allows "negative" votes. Has such been considered?

The vote has now been thrown to the wall like a small note on the coffee room's wall: "please make a new coffee-pot after you have taken the last cup".  (this note indicates something which is obvious - something similar is in the latest vote postings: it is obvious that the "brand new" logo is the winner ... )

I hoped to see more discipline in this matter, despite the summer.

It would do good if you get up and do something instead of being an armchair critic. You had all the time to come out with a serious concrete plan on the logo while we "lazily" discussed about it at great length in the last month.

NEM requires people who can contribute rather that just shoot things off their mouth. That, everybody can do. Walk the talk please.

Critics and discussion are contributions. It is unfortunate that rockethead does not realize that.

Yes, it is unfortunate that I cannot realize between good critics and discussions vis-a-vis things like calling NEM team being lazy and lacking discipline, whatever they mean.
lexusivan888

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:50:23 AM

ok, i want to get my stake and trade on nxtAE,,,
can anyone tells me how to do that ?
BitZCoin

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 03:54:14 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2014, 04:12:24 AM by BitZCoin

ok, i want to get my stake and trade on nxtAE,,,
can anyone tells me how to do that ?

[...] Having said that, in order to get this thread back to normal, we're going to resume issuing stakes. Every request will be checked by both patmastr and xtester. Stakes will be issued once a week on Sunday (since there doesn't appear to be a lot of demand) [/...].

You'll have to write a request to patmast3r. Smiley
Also, you'll need an adresse of course. You'll get it automatically by downloading and starting the Nxt-Client.

Here's the link: Smiley
http://nxtra.org/nxt-wallet/

KimNg

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:57:46 AM

All NEM members, please register and vote!

Inactive members, take this simple step and do something for NEM.

Voting closes: August 01, 2014, 06:38:44 AM
Official NEM Logo Vote
http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2311.15

My campaign for the Cube logo.
=====================================================================
Reasons for Selecting the Cube as the Symbol of NEM.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg7729767#msg7729767
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg7993975#msg7993975
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg7995429#msg7995429
=====================================================================

The new logo is "flat" compared to the 3d appearance of the cube, especially at the size of a 16x16 pixel icon.

patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:13:28 AM

IT WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE TO REQUEST TOKENS VIA PM. TO MAKE IT POSSIBLE FOR EVERYONE TO LOOK AT REQUESTS AND THEREFORE HAVE THE PUBLIC AUDIT THE REQUESTS AS WELL WE WILL HAVE A DEDICATED THREAD FOR REQUESTS. THIS IS ANOTHER MEASSURE AGAINST SCAMS!

WE'LL CREATE THE THREAD WHEN I HAVE DISCUSSED THE DETAILES WITH XTESTER.

Sorry for the confusion but I wasn't around when the decision to issue again was made so I'll have to catch up with the team first.

Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:28:44 AM

IT WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE TO REQUEST TOKENS VIA PM. TO MAKE IT POSSIBLE FOR EVERYONE TO LOOK AT REQUESTS AND THEREFORE HAVE THE PUBLIC AUDIT THE REQUESTS AS WELL WE WILL HAVE A DEDICATED THREAD FOR REQUESTS. THIS IS ANOTHER MEASSURE AGAINST SCAMS!

WE'LL CREATE THE THREAD WHEN I HAVE DISCUSSED THE DETAILES WITH XTESTER.

Sorry for the confusion but I wasn't around when the decision to issue again was made so I'll have to catch up with the team first.

That will get your account banned as posting addresses is against BT policy. Do it on your own forum

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:34:21 AM

That will get your account banned as posting addresses is against BT policy. Do it on your own forum

Posting tx ids or hashes isn't afaik.
Since people have to send 1 NXT from the account the asset should be issued to anway i don't see a problem.

Thanks for mentioning it though.

Pages: « 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: