Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:13:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984113 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:46:48 AM

A very-in-depth review of NEM now on Coins Source. (We did not score NEM due to being in Alpha still, but we did put up some suggestions)

http://www.coinssource.com/crypto-coins/new-economy-movement-nem/

What the hell are they talking about with "one-to-one clone of Nxt"?

its a common miss conception. iv written to tk808 to notify him. over all an excellent article about nem (bar the clone thing) so props to him. Smiley the clone thing is a small thing to fix in the article.

Read it more carefully, you being on the NEM team saying "excellent article" = BAD IDEA!!!

EDIT : why don't we both just take down these two posts. I quoted you which was even a worse idea lol

NEM is not a one-to-one clone, and has been reflected in the review. We made this mistake before due to high similarities. Again sorry for the inconvenience, the issue has been corrected.

Edit: Due to the great effort spent in the review and length of it, I'd appreciate if you PM me (like Kodty) with any issues.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gsxrl3oi

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:14:06 AM

Do we have an ETA on when the beta is. full release of the coin.
j23a

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 05:02:22 AM

I need to get back to commenting here everyday. It's been so long.

TBTSX4-NKRX55-HF2ECG-SHPBG3-XIDD2Y-QDRI3N-P2O6
mr.coinstrader

Activity: 278

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 05:43:33 AM

Played around with a logo a while back never got around to posting,

nice logo, remind Diamond
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 06:47:11 AM

Because it is July and hot and you all are lazy, here is only one issue to be thought:

1. The logo should unify the community; it should not increase the dispersion e.g. by splitting the community into two opposite groups.

The dispersion could be avoided by a voting system which allows "negative" votes. Has such been considered?

The vote has now been thrown to the wall like a small note on the coffee room's wall: "please make a new coffee-pot after you have taken the last cup".  (this note indicates something which is obvious - something similar is in the latest vote postings: it is obvious that the "brand new" logo is the winner ... )

I hoped to see more discipline in this matter, despite the summer.

It would do good if you get up and do something instead of being an armchair critic. You had all the time to come out with a serious concrete plan on the logo while we "lazily" discussed about it at great length in the last month.

NEM requires people who can contribute rather that just shoot things off their mouth. That, everybody can do. Walk the talk please.

Critics and discussion are contributions. It is unfortunate that rockethead does not realize that.

That's just annoying, guys.
Also for me the choose between the cube and the "brand new logo" was hard.
But in the end, my vote has gone to the "fan".
I love the grey in it and I think it's flat design will may even better fit to the flat design of the client, than the cube would.

Btw.: It would be great to code the tiles in the client moveable, too.
The layout of New Economy MOVEMENT should be as versatile and flexible, as the application it self.

I agree about the movable tiles. I liked that feature!

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 06:56:38 AM

There should be a handout created for NEM targeted for people completely new to digital currencies. It should be brochure like, easy for anyone to print out. Make it as simple as possible, explain the idea of digital currencies as a whole and then what approach NEM is taking. People involved in the swarm team could print these off and post them locally on bulletins or hand them out by hand on streets, campuses, local events.

Going further, we could put a message inside some of the brochure offering free X amount of NEM (we could include what market value this would be in $) for anyone potentially interested in getting involved with the project. We could make the brochures unique by serial numbers and have them redeem them after creating an account on the Nem forums.

Does this seem like a realistic marketing idea?

No.  Bitcoin itself is only used by a million people around the world.  Getting people to use crypto currencies is an education campaign and a simple brochure (even with measly freebies attached - which I don't like) would have a very low effectiveness rate.

I've seen the marketing strategies used by Litecoin and Dogecoin.  Back in 2013 they were spamming on large internet forums like Bodybuilding but it wasn't an education campaign "why you should use cryptos" but more like "hear about dat Bitcoin chyieet?  Well throw money at Litecoin and make $$$$"

However unethical it was for LTC / Doge people to pass off their coin as a money flipping opportunity, I don't think anyone on their forum ever writes: "hey guys, remember in 2013 when you were passing off money flipping opportunities to random people on the internet?".

That method they used was effective in the sense that Doge was able to hit $60 million and LTC is still the Prince to BTC and I was around (albeit not registered on BTT at the time) to see its' raise.  Ironically it was those LTC money flipping threads on websites like Bodybuilding that made me lurk on Bitcointalk.

People don't need handouts or brochures. People need simple and impossible to screw up mobile apps.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:09:44 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2014, 09:57:49 AM by patmast3r

TOKEN REQUESTS CAN NOW BE MADE - READ PROCEDURE BELOW

1) Send 1 NXT from the account you want the asset to be transfered to to NXT-97MX-EWKV-CGKX-DA5WH
This will pay for the tx fee and act as bookkeeping.

2) Send pm to xtester with patmast3r in cc.
The pm needs to include the tx id for the 1 NXT payment. Don't pm us saying "I payed 1 NXT. Send my token". INCLUDE THE TX ID!
This is what a TX ID looks like: 7136633102723179216. Plz don't send us something else.

We'll issue tokens once a week. Current plan is to issue tokens every monday. Plz send your request at least 24h in advance otherwise you'll have to wait for the next monday to come along.

xtester will check first, put you on the list, then I will recheck and issue the token.

Everyone that already pmed me before will need to pm again. I can't search all those pms in my inbox for every single request I hope you can understand that.

xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:40:44 AM

A very-in-depth review of NEM now on Coins Source. (We did not score NEM due to being in Alpha still, but we did put up some suggestions)

http://www.coinssource.com/crypto-coins/new-economy-movement-nem/

What the hell are they talking about with "one-to-one clone of Nxt"?

its a common miss conception. iv written to tk808 to notify him. over all an excellent article about nem (bar the clone thing) so props to him. Smiley the clone thing is a small thing to fix in the article.

Read it more carefully, you being on the NEM team saying "excellent article" = BAD IDEA!!!

EDIT : why don't we both just take down these two posts. I quoted you which was even a worse idea lol

NEM is not a one-to-one clone, and has been reflected in the review. We made this mistake before due to high similarities. Again sorry for the inconvenience, the issue has been corrected.

Edit: Due to the great effort spent in the review and length of it, I'd appreciate if you PM me (like Kodty) with any issues.

I have sent a PM to you with some more info to clear things up. Waiting for your response. Thanks.
Coinshot

Activity: 521

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:43:54 AM

It only says open alpha launched in the main post. Any updates how it is going and when it will be released?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

BitZCoin

Activity: 275

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 10:48:04 AM

It only says open alpha launched in the main post. Any updates how it is going and when it will be released?

Tomorrow Smiley

Here it is: TakePart!
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:55:35 AM

Tomorrow Smiley

how can you know that? Cheesy
BitZCoin

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 11:00:18 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2014, 11:25:49 AM by BitZCoin

Tomorrow Smiley

Siri told me Cheesy

We'll simply skip the beta. Smiley
It's overrated anyway.  Shocked
Also the logo, the functions and the marketing.. Seriously, who needs all that?!? The main thing is, to get the coins as fast as possible.
It's just about money, so it dosn't matter if it works or not^^ Smiley
Actually Nem should have been released yesterday, but unfortunatly patmast3r prefered getting lazy than. So no one is doing anything right now. Smiley

Coinshot

Activity: 521

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:29:55 AM

Tomorrow Smiley

Siri told me Cheesy

Also the logo, the functions and the marketing.. Seriously, who needs all that?!? The main thing is, to get the coins as fast as possible.
Actually Nem should have been released yesterday, but unfortunatly patmast3r prefered getting lazy than. So no one is doing anything right now. Smiley

Are you drinking?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Chris001

Activity: 448

electroneum.com

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:38:17 AM

Tomorrow Smiley

Siri told me Cheesy

L Grin L

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
Chris001

Activity: 448

electroneum.com

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:43:19 AM

This thread was asleep for a min there. kinda, just for a min

but it's awake now, wow

NEM is on the move!

I don't want to hear any bitching today, clear

it's good to get things cleared up, now let's talk some ideas

KOD my man, What ya got? I'm sure you got something cooking!!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
MartiniBlanco

Activity: 647
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:43:13 PM

Are you guys voting for the new logo?

All NEM members, please register and vote!

Inactive members, take this simple step and do something for NEM.

Voting closes: August 01, 2014, 06:38:44 AM
Official NEM Logo Vote
http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2311.0

My campaign for the Cube logo.
=====================================================================
Reasons for Selecting the Cube as the Symbol of NEM.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg7729767#msg7729767
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg7993975#msg7993975
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg7995429#msg7995429

The new logo is "flat" compared to the 3d appearance of the cube, especially at the size of a 16x16 pixel icon.

BitZCoin

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 01:19:30 PM

if anyone wants to sell their stake asap, il buy your account. Smiley pm me if interested.

Let's trade with some accounts Cheesy

KingCole

Activity: 348

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:20:51 PM

Are you guys voting for the new logo?

All NEM members, please register and vote!

Inactive members, take this simple step and do something for NEM.

Voting closes: August 01, 2014, 06:38:44 AM
Official NEM Logo Vote
http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2311.0

My campaign for the Cube logo.
Reasons for Selecting the Cube as the Symbol of NEM.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg7729767#msg7729767
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg7993975#msg7993975
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg7995429#msg7995429

The new logo is "flat" compared to the 3d appearance of the cube, especially at the size of a 16x16 pixel icon.

Yes, I am as this is something I can do as stakeholder but who lacks dev skills. I must confess the sign-up process was a nightmare, but I think people are aware of this anyway.

For the record:
  • First activation email never received.
  • Second activation received, but embedded link sent me to main forum page instead of activation page
  • Confused from setp two I then tried to reset password, in case this was the problem, was told account existed but not activated
  • Repeated activation, followed link in email, back to main forum, remembered that the reset password page had a final box for activation code
  • Followed link to reset password and entered activation code, it failed
  • Next link in activation email stated if having problems follow second link and enter activation code provided.
  • Second link in activation email also dumped back at main forum page
  • Finally copied the link text from the second link of the email and pasted into browser, this time I'm directed to a page with a single box for activation code
  • Copied activation code from activation email and pasted into box in browser, voila I am activated and account enabled!

In conclusion I would suggest the embedded URLs are getting mangled in the email so when you click on them they are truncating and users are being directed to unintended locations

KC
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:24:38 PM

Yes, I am as this is something I can do as stakeholder but who lacks dev skills. I must confess the sign-up process was a nightmare, but I think people are aware of this anyway.

For the record:
  • First activation email never received.
  • Second activation received, but embedded link sent me to main forum page instead of activation page
  • Confused from setp two I then tried to reset password, in case this was the problem, was told account existed but not activated
  • Repeated activation, followed link in email, back to main forum, remembered that the reset password page had a final box for activation code
  • Followed link to reset password and entered activation code, it failed
  • Next link in activation email stated if having problems follow second link and enter activation code provided.
  • Second link in activation email also dumped back at main forum page
  • Finally copied the link text from the second link of the email and pasted into browser, this time I'm directed to a page with a single box for activation code
  • Copied activation code from activation email and pasted into box in browser, voila I am activated and account enabled!

In conclusion I would suggest the embedded URLs are getting mangled in the email so when you click on them they are truncating and users are being directed to unintended locations

KC

I've forwarded it to the forum admin. Thx for providing feedback instead of being silently pissed of Smiley

BitZCoin

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 01:25:02 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2014, 02:05:22 PM by BitZCoin

if anyone wants to sell their stake asap, il buy your account. Smiley pm me if interested.

Let's trade with some accounts Cheesy

will we list bitcointalkaccount on nxt AE? lol

im just thinking like i wana buy with out slippage, others wana sell but cant get their stake yet.. why not just do it off exchange and everyone gets what they want. Smiley

Haha xDD

No, it's a good idea, I think Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: