Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:38:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 [377] 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984108 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 12:08:40 PM

Devs

Is there any, even very very small possibility, that some two people generate the same address and private key using BETA? Is there some checking to not generate the same address?

Have you ever heard of that happening with bitcoin ?
It's the same kind of likelihood i think Smiley
I think its not per default the same as btc. It depends on the hash seed and the used rand generator. If this is implemented bad/wrong the possibility of collission could be higher. But we have to have trust in devs for many other things, so this doesnt matter more...

SHA3 should be less prone to this than bitcoin's SHA-256.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 12:09:34 PM

when will be out
REAL NEM COINS??? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

There is already... in silver and in gold
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg8446629#msg8446629

BTW: what means "9999 pure gold and 999 pure silver" ?
I have thought that eg. pure gold is too soft and a practical purity for gold would be 85 - 93 %.

It means what is written.

.9999 pure gold and .999 pure silver is only minted by a few places.  By industry standards, .9999 gold is 24 karat (24 karat meaning pure gold with miniscule microscopic impurities)

Sure you could get 100% pure gold but first you would have to molt it down and send it flying at the speed of light to remove that .00001% impurity

That 99.99 % was just so high ... 
I was thinking if such gold is too soft for coins and at least 2 carats would have been "sacrified" to make the NEM goldcoin stronger Smiley

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold
"Because of the softness of pure (24k) gold, it is usually alloyed with base metals for use in jewelry, altering its hardness and ductility, melting point, color and other properties. Alloys with lower carat rating, typically 22k, 18k, 14k or 10k, contain higher percentages of copper or other base metals or silver or palladium in the alloy."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carat_%28purity%29

Just don't use the coins to build your house or for self defense. They are strong enough to look at Smiley

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
sdersdf3

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 12:15:26 PM

I get:
"NIS requires to be booted. Please open your wallet and boot a local node via the popup dialog or configure the auto-boot setting."
this is as far as I've been able to get after trying multiple browsers. I previously got other errors.

GUI looks nice (not like the typical altcoin wallet), and I realise that this is beta, but devs should consider a simple, one-click installation/launch process that doesn't require non-techies to install multiple software packages (and concerns/unknowns about the security risks of doing so) and go through lots of hoops/caveats.

There needs to be a bit more of an eye here toward encouraging adoption by a general audience outside the world of crypto.

Okay, I managed to find that option of "Boot local node" but then I get "missing parameter" which I assume means I have to select a node. What do I put into the node field?
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 12:16:55 PM

I get:
"NIS requires to be booted. Please open your wallet and boot a local node via the popup dialog or configure the auto-boot setting."
this is as far as I've been able to get after trying multiple browsers. I previously got other errors.

GUI looks nice (not like the typical altcoin wallet), and I realise that this is beta, but devs should consider a simple, one-click installation/launch process that doesn't require non-techies to install multiple software packages (and concerns/unknowns about the security risks of doing so) and go through lots of hoops/caveats.

There needs to be a bit more of an eye here toward encouraging adoption by a general audience outside the world of crypto.

We're aware of the "problem" and it will be solved in time. It just hasn't been a priority.

patmast3r

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 12:17:43 PM

I get:

Okay, I managed to find that option of "Boot local node" but then I get "missing parameter" which I assume means I have to select a node. What do I put into the node field?

You can type anything. "sdersdf3" for example.

martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 12:29:54 PM

Devs

Is there any, even very very small possibility, that some two people generate the same address and private key using BETA? Is there some checking to not generate the same address?

It could happen on the same day that you get struck by lightning, win the lottery, get hit by a neutrino, and have your body ripped apart encountering dark matter.

Something like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjI8AxZnrx8
Smiley
patmast3r

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 12:32:07 PM

Devs

It could happen on the same day that you get struck by lightning, win the lottery, get hit by a neutrino, and have your body ripped apart encountering dark matter.

I thought we get hit by neutrinos constantly it's just that noone notices ? They even had a hard time building a detector for those little buggers.

sdersdf3

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 12:36:11 PM

I get:

You can type anything. "sdersdf3" for example.

That did it - thank you. Interface looks really nice.

dewey556

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 12:53:35 PM

yeeeeeees works fine now. If anybody is using Ubuntu I reccomend installing chrome and then running NIS and NCC from your machine not webstart. got to localhost:8989 and copy and paste away  Grin

TDJIQW-ROPLSR-IF6NCA-2WJM6B-IRHGUO-LYVZ2A-BXIN
TauMuon

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 01:46:55 PM

Devs

I thought we get hit by neutrinos constantly it's just that noone notices ? They even had a hard time building a detector for those little buggers.

Yeah you're right. I think about 100 trillion neutrinos pass through your body each second, they just interact very very weakly with matter... As analogies go, that one failed catastrophically Grin

Very quickly doing the maths: each private key is 66 characters long, each entry can be 1 of 36 characters. The total possible number of private keys is therefore 3666 which is a staggeringly huge number; 5.2 x 10102. The likelihood of someone generating the same private key as you is vanishingly small - small enough to treat as 0.

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 01:50:00 PM

The standalone version WORKS. I get to the "Create new wallet" etc screen.

The thing is AFTER i'm running this standalone version I run the webclient/NOM after this/simultaneously and it goes past the last line (the "SEVERE could not acquire bla bla bla")

Edit: I think there's a facepalm in order. The .jar standalone v NCC should be running all the time?
Edit2: nah, shutdown everything and ran just the webclient again and it works fine (no "SEVERE" errors)
Edit3: sometimes both versions work and sometimes they don't (SEVERE...) and not sure about the cause/effect relation

Check your HDD. It could be bad sectors...I am not sure. But it could be the inability to write something. It looks more like a mechanical error than a systematic software error to me.

If the software doesn't work, it will never work unless you fix something.
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 01:52:59 PM

Devs

Yeah you're right. I think about 100 trillion neutrinos pass through your body each second, they just interact very very weakly with matter... As analogies go, that one failed catastrophically Grin

Very quickly doing the maths: each private key is 66 characters long, each entry can be 1 of 36 characters. The total possible number of private keys is therefore 3666 which is a staggeringly huge number; 5.2 x 10102. The likelihood of someone generating the same private key as you is vanishingly small - small enough to treat as 0.

That number is larger than the number of atoms in the known universe.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
BloodyRookie

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 02:23:23 PM

A private key has 256 bit meaning there are 2^256 ≈ 1.1579 * 10^77 different private keys. A collision will not happen

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
snowdropfore

Activity: 843

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 02:31:44 PM

why when i open my wallet ,it always said:NIS requires to be booted. Please open your wallet and boot a local node via the popup dialog or configure the auto-boot setting.??

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 02:49:59 PM

why when i open my wallet ,it always said:NIS requires to be booted. Please open your wallet and boot a local node via the popup dialog or configure the auto-boot setting.??

go to settings and go to boot node.. then enter what ever name you like. you can also select "auto-boot node on launch" which is very handy.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 03:12:06 PM

Rockethead, I doubt it's bad drive. It's an SSD and I checked it a few weeks ago and it worked fine. The important thing is that it worked many times and it looks like it will work sufficiently enough in the future. I lack the will to pinpoint it right now and it looks like it will require some more heavy pinpointing. Smaragda's proposal worked somehow and that's cool for now. Thanks for the help to all.
jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 03:50:06 PM

when will be out
REAL NEM COINS??? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

There is already... in silver and in gold
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg8446629#msg8446629

BTW: what means "9999 pure gold and 999 pure silver" ?
I have thought that eg. pure gold is too soft and a practical purity for gold would be 85 - 93 %.

It means what is written.

.9999 pure gold and .999 pure silver is only minted by a few places.  By industry standards, .9999 gold is 24 karat (24 karat meaning pure gold with miniscule microscopic impurities)

Sure you could get 100% pure gold but first you would have to molt it down and send it flying at the speed of light to remove that .00001% impurity

That 99.99 % was just so high ... 
I was thinking if such gold is too soft for coins and at least 2 carats would have been "sacrified" to make the NEM goldcoin stronger Smiley

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold
"Because of the softness of pure (24k) gold, it is usually alloyed with base metals for use in jewelry, altering its hardness and ductility, melting point, color and other properties. Alloys with lower carat rating, typically 22k, 18k, 14k or 10k, contain higher percentages of copper or other base metals or silver or palladium in the alloy."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carat_%28purity%29

Just don't use the coins to build your house or for self defense. They are strong enough to look at Smiley

not house, tho Smiley 
Very pure gold has, ofc, its benefits: if someone tests if it's genuine gold, he will not break his teeth Smiley

luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 03:51:44 PM

Devs

Good math, but your assumptions are not quite correct. It's actually a 64 digit hexadecimal number, so 256-bit, just like most BTC private keys. BloodyRookie above has it right; it's a significantly more likely, but still vanishingly small chance. Tongue

Base-36 wouldn't really be used anywhere that I know of. BTC WIF uses Base-58 for example, but "raw" private keys would typically be represented as hexadecimal as here.
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 04:00:49 PM

A private key has 256 bit meaning there are 2^256 ≈ 1.1579 * 10^77 different private keys. A collision will not happen

Good to know NEM is so strong.

patmast3r

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 04:02:54 PM

REAL ADDRESSES USED FOR REDEMPTION DO NOT START WITH T. THEY START WITH AN N. IF YOU SENT AN ADDRESS WITH A T WITH YOUR ASSET THEN YOU'VE FAILED.

Pages: « 1 ... 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 [377] 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: