Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 09:58:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 [421] 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 ... 516 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S3+ Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 709818 times)
freebit13

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 09:40:40 AM

I have 2 S3 coupons available if anyone is looking... they expire at the end of the month.

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
dog1965

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 10:21:41 AM

This is day 2 of Dogie's Firware So far so Good Even though I had to reboot then 30 times to get the write power draw from the wall. I use A power meter at the wall and every time I reboot them I get a different power rating at startup once I get the rating I am looking for I just leave them alone I don't restart or reset  JUST LEAVE IT BE!!!!

This happened with any version of the firmware But Dogie's is the best one so far as you can see no speed drops yet it stable I am not even going to touch them!!!!!

Its something with the startup surge current EFFECTING THE CLOCK CIRCUIT the Initial surge POWER from the miner is roughly between 1300 watt to 1500 watt then settles down to 790 Watt for two S3's!!!

I think this causes the Clock circuit not to oscillate improperly. meaning it locks at the wrong frequency causing massive problems with them meaning hash rate drops!!! when the initial startup surge current stays low 900 watt it stays very stable works like it should!!! the reason why I Say the wrong Frequency is this. As you go higher in hash rate the frequency goes up the more power draw it draws from the Wall in this case. Now if the base Clock does not lock in at the expected frequency it was designed for nothing will be stable it will run erratically on you example.

Power draw after miner settles after reboot with my situation.

First boot 650 watts from wall unit will drop hash rate "high start out surge current" - unstable miner speed drops

Reboot or cold start again 750 watts after settling from the wall "high start out surge current" -   unstable speed drops again

Reboot or cold start again 790 watts after settling but this time the initial startup surge current was only 900 watts opposed to 1200 to 1500 watts "Miner runs stable as indicated in my PIC ABOVE!!!

sometimes I have to reboot 30 times in a row to get the settled power draw that I am looking for. I am a disabled Engineer I have to get My old lab test equipment out of my attic to test this theory but I cant I down have the schematic diagram for the S3 "in other words circuit blueprints" and I will never get them because BITMAIN and ALL COMPAINES keep them under lock and key they don't want another company or anybody for that matter building there hardware or making it better!!!

I think there Using A VCO circuit and Not A PLL circuit and don't have schematics I don't know what kind of circuit it is!!!

MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 10:25:56 AM

@dog1965

Do you want to test a beta firmware for the S3?  If so, please PM us and let us know your email, we will send it to you as an attachment.  or you can contact Yoshi

So far it is tested on over 2,000 S3 and S3+ from various batches and CPU performance is enhanced and many small bugs were fixed.

Also, any issue, when you PM us, pleaes let us know in bullet style, so we may be able to assist you!!

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
nitrox1

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 11:26:18 AM

http://s4.postimg.org/umfgjln31/Second_day.jpg

This is day 2 of Dogie's Firware So far so Good Even though I had to reboot then 30 times to get the write power draw from the wall. I use A power meter at the wall and every time I reboot them I get a different power rating at startup once I get the rating I am looking for I just leave them alone I don't restart or reset  JUST LEAVE IT BE!!!!

This happened with any version of the firmware But Dogie's is the best one so far as you can see no speed drops yet it stable I am not even going to touch them!!!!!

Its something with the startup surge current EFFECTING THE CLOCK CIRCUIT the Initial surge POWER from the miner is roughly between 1300 watt to 1500 watt then settles down to 790 Watt for two S3's!!!

I think this causes the Clock circuit not to oscillate improperly. meaning it locks at the wrong frequency causing massive problems with them meaning hash rate drops!!! when the initial startup surge current stays low 900 watt it stays very stable works like it should!!! the reason why I Say the wrong Frequency is this. As you go higher in hash rate the frequency goes up the more power draw it draws from the Wall in this case. Now if the base Clock does not lock in at the expected frequency it was designed for nothing will be stable it will run erratically on you example.

Power draw after miner settles after reboot with my situation.

First boot 650 watts from wall unit will drop hash rate "high start out surge current" - unstable miner speed drops

Reboot or cold start again 750 watts after settling from the wall "high start out surge current" -   unstable speed drops again

Reboot or cold start again 790 watts after settling but this time the initial startup surge current was only 900 watts opposed to 1200 to 1500 watts "Miner runs stable as indicated in my PIC ABOVE!!!

sometimes I have to reboot 30 times in a row to get the settled power draw that I am looking for. I am a disabled Engineer I have to get My old lab test equipment out of my attic to test this theory but I cant I down have the schematic diagram for the S3 "in other words circuit blueprints" and I will never get them because BITMAIN and ALL COMPAINES keep them under lock and key they don't want another company or anybody for that matter building there hardware or making it better!!!

I think there Using A VCO circuit and Not A PLL circuit and don't have schematics I don't know what kind of circuit it is!!!

790W for 2 S3's at 250Freq and 1-1.2Ths/s ? What's the volts. I'm at 1050W on 3 S3's for Approx 1.2-1.3 Th/s
dog1965

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 11:43:35 AM

The voltage is 0795 I use a EVGA 1300 watt G2 power supply for two s3's. But I have to reboot 30 times like I said and watch the power meter on my wall socket until I get the correct bootup "Max power draw" I am looking for. just watch the initial surge power when it starts if it goes to 1600 watts then settles the miner does not hash right "SPEED DROP" if its low then it will give you max power draw and work correctly. Mine is still stable after two days no drops!!!!

that is the trick I use.

I should have said correct power draw sorry I said max because everybody's system is different.

dog1965

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 12:00:20 PM

If you have 3 s3's I would use the EVGA 1600 what g2 it has more PCI-express connectors which you will need to run them. on my S3's Each had its own EVGA 1300 watt PSU but I need one of them for me new pc build so you know what happened then.

nitrox1

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 01:03:56 PM

If you have 3 s3's I would use the EVGA 1600 what g2 it has more PCI-express connectors which you will need to run them. on my S3's Each had its own EVGA 1300 watt PSU but I need one of them for me new pc build so you know what happened then.

That's good for your efficiency. However the more power I supply to mine, makes no difference, they max out. So the draw from each max's out, so I'm able to run a very good quality PSU at a lesser wattage, though I could do with a little more ;-) Always need more power
dog1965

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 01:26:42 PM

are you using a AC power meter at your wall socket sounds like you are. My question is every time you reboot does your power settle down to the same value.

Reboot after it starts reboot again then again to see.

also stop cgminer by itself only then restart it after it starts hashing stop/start it again then again to see if you get the same power draw every time ?

let me know your results I have 120 Vac 20 AMP on a sub-breaker by itself. The main breaker is 120 Vac 50 amps. This is the old service feed in the USA.

As a matter of fact what does everybody else get when they try this and were are you from  ?

bspurloc

Activity: 569

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 02:36:59 PM

Hi Guys,

I am facing a problem with S3 Miner and not able to figure out how to resolve that.Can anyone please help me on this.

Problem: Power supply shutdown suddenly with in 5 mins of starting miner.

power supply: 600 watts cooler master

have 2 6 -pins plugged each in one board

Troubleshooting done:

1. Tried to lower the frequency
Result: started from 225 and lowered till i am at 125.

for every frequency it will stop after some time but for 125 its running  at 253 GH/s continuously for 35 min and still running..this is the best i got till now

2. Tried to plug both the 6-pins in one board at a time

Result: So when i plugged both pins in 1st board it starts and shut down after some time

when i plugged both pins in 2nd board it does not start??? does this mean this board is faulty

or there is 1 board which should be powered for miner to run??

Observation:

i opened the miner and i can see only one red light on one board.
is there a light on 2nd board also??

Please provide more troubleshoot which i can try.what are the other options i have ??

Sounds like the PSU it is going into protection mode shutting itself down. aka cant handle the current

HOWEVER....
 On the other stuff... you are not powering the other board?Huh
Each board needs its own power, you plug one pcie into board 1 and one into board 2... not both into 1 board.

no need to power both plugs on each board... ASSUMING the one that is plugged in can handle the current and not fry the wires...

vabchgent

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 03:06:30 PM

I have 4 x S3 antminers . I had the 10/24 firmware on them seems like MY GHS was dropping from 450 to 340+ but never going back up to 450 or even close any ideas. When I reboot the GHS jumps back up for about 10-12HRs then back down again. All set at s3+ default 225. I changed the voltage to 0770. I just installed Doges firmware on one of them to try it. Any one has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
smilingloki

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 03:59:07 PM

I have 4 x S3 antminers . I had the 10/24 firmware on them seems like MY GHS was dropping from 450 to 340+ but never going back up to 450 or even close any ideas. When I reboot the GHS jumps back up for about 10-12HRs then back down again. All set at s3+ default 225. I changed the voltage to 0770. I just installed Doges firmware on one of them to try it. Any one has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

do what i did, go to "scheduled tasks" and input this

0 */4 * * * /sbin/reboot

this reboots ur miners every 4 hours or u can select whatever amount to put in, i found they lasted 4 hours and then required a kick in the ass to get the ghs back up there.

taaku

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:07:49 PM

What is your exact PSU?

below is screen shot of psu

BTC: 1DgUj6s1yRwauEb89mGn92ZfNqK8xwcZPP
jackbox
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:25:30 PM

What is your exact PSU?

Are the PCI-E 12V connectors on the same cable? They must be on separate cables. One cable will get too hot and the PSU will shutdown for thermal overload protection. If on same cable no good for miner.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
If I was helpful please buy me a burger DGB: DLASV6CUQpGtGSyaVz5FYuu5YxZ17MoGQz
pekatete

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 04:28:55 PM

What is your exact PSU?

<snip img> ... </snip img>

That PSU provides just 432 watts on the two 12v rails. that represents 72% of the rated wattage. If you are OC'ing, that is the reason why it is shutting down, else it probably has a fault EDIT or as has been stated above, the PCI-e connectors are on one rail.
I use a 550 watt server PSU, but that has 44.5 Amps on three 12v rails, giving me 534 watts i.e 97% of the rated wattage on the 12v rails

adamg83

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:29:07 PM

Hello everyone

Hopefully someone can help me.

I rigged up my first 3 s3's last night and they were running at about 450gh/s, so all OK.

Overnight they all went down to about 200gh/s, so I turned them all off and started them again - they then went up to 450gh/s again.

They have been working for about 4 hours and now one of them has reduced again, but at the moment the other 2 seem to be OK.

Any advise would be great!  They are new from Bitmain yesterday,.

Thanks
Adam

UPDATE- Today so far only 1 of them is doing it, just reducing to about 200gh/s approx. every 4 hours.
vabchgent

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:29:12 PM

0 */4 * * * /sbin/reboot

this reboots ur miners every 4 hours or u can select whatever amount to put in, i found they lasted 4 hours and then required a kick in the ass to get the ghs back up there.

I am not really good at linux. Can you please provide instructions on how to do this. After I get to the command prompt of putty.Also is this a known problem with the S3.  Thanks

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████

jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:39:25 PM

0 */4 * * * /sbin/reboot

I am not really good at linux. Can you please provide instructions on how to do this. After I get to the command prompt of putty.Also is this a known problem with the S3.  Thanks

A reboot wont fix this when the S3 drops a blade, I have to shut down psu for a few seconds and power back up again.

I hope bitmain fixes the dropping of the blades issue.  I have about 2 or 3 drop every day (out of 106)

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:40:13 PM

Has anyone actually verified that changing the voltage lowers the  watts at the wall?

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
pekatete

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 04:41:22 PM

Has anyone actually verified that changing the voltage lowers the  watts at the wall?
Yes it has been checked, and NO it does not lower watts at the wall. EDIT though in theory it should......

vabchgent

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:44:09 PM

Has anyone actually verified that changing the voltage lowers the  watts at the wall?
Yes it has been checked, and NO it does not lower watts at the wall. EDIT though in theory it should......

pekatete
Any ideas on this one. I know you are extremely knowledgeable.I have read and used a couple of your post. Just trying to get stable at 225. 

Thanks

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████

Pages: « 1 ... 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 [421] 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 ... 516 »
  Print  

Jump to: