Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:41:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 [411] 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 ... 646 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701022 times)
GoRdiE

Activity: 162
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 12:44:02 PM

+1 I think It is really important

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2018, 12:54:29 PM

On the topic of coins and exchanges - here is a preview what's currently in the pipeline:

This illustrates how you can open the Properties for a coin in the Coins tab, and select specific exchanges for the coin.

The two settings for exchange filtering in the Options dialog (one for CoinCalculators and one for CoinToMine) will be replaced by a single global setting that applies for both of them. It will be configured in the same way as for an individual coin - a list of exchanges where you can select one or many of them.

This looks very impressive @patrike!

However this involves quite a bit of micromanagement and could I ask if there's some way we can customize prioritization/filtering based on trading volume as a macro management alternative? Karl at CTM.today has volume filtering on his main calculator, but say I want to have all sh*tcoins showing and use the already available volume information to give weighting on all coins, then use the exchange filtering out only ones with exchanges that are either unrealistic, on wrong chain, long terminactive wallets etc.
Thanks! Volume filtering is also in the pipeline. I implemented it for WhatToMine yesterday and then I also got an e-mail from the CoinToMine owner suggesting that it should be added.

In fact, I should probably make the volume filter a single setting that applies to all these coin sources - just like the global exchange filter. I assume there are not really any scenarios why you would like different volume filters on the different sources (WhatToMine, CoinCalculators, CoinToMine, ...)?

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
moppidoo

Activity: 348
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 01:17:01 PM

On the topic of coins and exchanges - here is a preview what's currently in the pipeline:

This illustrates how you can open the Properties for a coin in the Coins tab, and select specific exchanges for the coin.

The two settings for exchange filtering in the Options dialog (one for CoinCalculators and one for CoinToMine) will be replaced by a single global setting that applies for both of them. It will be configured in the same way as for an individual coin - a list of exchanges where you can select one or many of them.

However this involves quite a bit of micromanagement and could I ask if there's some way we can customize prioritization/filtering based on trading volume as a macro management alternative? Karl at CTM.today has volume filtering on his main calculator, but say I want to have all sh*tcoins showing and use the already available volume information to give weighting on all coins, then use the exchange filtering out only ones with exchanges that are either unrealistic, on wrong chain, long terminactive wallets etc.
Thanks! Volume filtering is also in the pipeline. I implemented it for WhatToMine yesterday and then I also got an e-mail from the CoinToMine owner suggesting that it should be added.

In fact, I should probably make the volume filter a single setting that applies to all these coin sources - just like the global exchange filter. I assume there are not really any scenarios why you would like different volume filters on the different sources (WhatToMine, CoinCalculators, CoinToMine, ...)?
Glad to hear! Sorry just edited my post quoted above to elaborate and giving some ideas if you wouldn't mind checking it out.

Yes, like you said, the volume filter or (volume/price normalization formula?) Would be made global IMHO, it's going to be a huge mess if we're to going into per coin per exchanges scenario, that's a whole lot of unnecessary micro managing and defeat the purpose of AM as large scale automation software. Even making rules are at least within the bounds of automation, couldn't imagine going into every coin and manually change thing every so often lol
moppidoo

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 01:21:39 PM

Btw, thank you Patrike for this marvelous software that AM is and the continued feature additions, development and support, just in case you'd have holiday plans for the festive season (wouldn't want to be late sending greetings and best wishes), wish you a Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year!
omshree

Activity: 270
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 04:44:48 PM

As it now looks like GPU mining is over, new generation of FPGA-s taking over, the BCU1525 and CVP-13, they produce the HR of 10+ 1080TIs, they already operating, so the question is if there is any possibility to support those via AM, load the bitstreams and so on.
I'm not familiar with these kind of devices. Are the software controlling them running on the FPGA device itself with a web interface for controlling it, or do you run any control software on your computer that connect to these devices?

It would be interesting to find out if these devices provides any monitoring interfaces (API) where Awesome Miner could connect to get mining information.

Don't really know the details, here are some links and info for the sw used, all this road is very new, but undoubtedly this is going to replace gpu mining for real.

http://zetheron.com/
http://www.zetheron.com/Downloads/VCU1525_Instructions.pdf

Donate if you like 1ANALSEXXGMd6HaN6CzQXtURLC5H9TjKoo
trucobit

Activity: 756
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 05:31:26 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2018, 05:42:00 PM by trucobit

it just seems perfect to me, just as I thought it should be, although for now it is only for CC coins, it is very valid to improve our mining.

About the Apinto de Cointodate, I think that we will have to put more options in AM, because sometimes they give the price of sale and not of purchase and if it is possible to filter also the exchanges it would be a success.

Of course, this seems silly, it fixes a lot of little problems for me. So thank you very much as always, you are an excellent programmer, and I do not say it because of your programmer quality, but because of knowing how to listen and understand the problems we may have.
trucobit

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 05:34:57 PM

I have to be grateful. Thank you for listening to our suggestions, because not all of them are mine, they belong to the group. You do an excellent job, although sometimes I ask too much, I know, but I'm that impetuous.

I wish you a happy Christmas with your family, and that you have a 2019 full of successes, which I think will be easy to happen.

Thanks for being a developer that listens to its users.
trucobit

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 05:38:30 PM

CoinToMine provides API access to the database with JSON responses.
API Request Limits and Allocations
To prevent server overload and provide good quality of service, CoinToMine limits the API call usage. The limits imposes time intervals for how often a client can send requests on the API. The API cache is 900 seconds (15 minutes). Thank you for not updating the same API more frequently because it will be useless. Interval call with valid API Key is 15 seconds. Interval call without valid API Key is 3600 seconds or 60 minutes. For API requests using private API Key, you can make up to 5760 requests per day. Authenticated requests are associated with the private API Key. This means that a user share the same quota of requests per day when they authenticate with the same API Key on different computers. For unauthenticated requests, the rate limit allows for up to 24 requests per day. Unauthenticated requests are associated with the originating IP address, and not the user making requests.
API Keys are free for Friendly Pools and Donors. To obtain an private API Key, you need to contact us on Discord .

---------------------
15 minutes of waiting between requests seems to me exaggerated. I will see for the premium api I hope it is not a monthly payment.

Maybe you should set a separate data update time for each coin supplier.
Awesome Miner will automatically honor the API limits of 15 seconds (very unlikely to refresh that often anyway) and 60 minutes when using CoinToMine - no matter what the user has configured as update interval.

Please also note that the API for CoinToMine is quite new and it might be that they will support faster cache refresh times than 15 minutes in the future - based on user feedback.

I also think that the overall quality of the data will be improved based on user feedback.

I already have premium api, I made a donation I use it every 7 minutes. You know how insistent I am, I am giving you all the faults for your discord, I have overflowed.

It's a pity that for now there are only three donations, moppidoo, me and someone else. I believe that such an aggregate, even with its failures, deserves a vote of confidence and on the other hand it will always be better for us, more coins better profit. Although they have to improve a lot, then I support them with a donation in exchange for the private api that gives you access every 5 minutes, although I use every 7.
trucobit

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 05:49:06 PM

Edit:
To elaborate, weighting based on volume would be built in statistical formula of choice to provide reasonable medium trading price, so once AM adopted a children formula, it's automatically applied.

But I hope there's something we can do to setup rule that interacts with volume. Consider that CTM is heavily speculative mining centric and have quite a bit of low volume coins. I'd like to see that a rule such as

If coins per day / total traded volume is some number then apply certain action (such as profitability factor)

Or to do with performance history, same as above trigger, but also to not mine that coin for more than xxx hours per 24 hour period (something Mark pool inactive as if no accepted shares)

Nothing urgent but just getting ideas rolling since the data has been made available and just exploring possible ways to exploit to maximize investment returns for those of us still mining and trying to survive through this crypto winter. :p

certainly moppidoo CTM focuses on a speculative market of currencies that are dying. You are mining 33 satochis and when you go to sell they are worth 3 satochis. It's fine as a complement. It also brings some coins that we were missing as CLG and some more.

They themselves have said in their discord that they will do something so that we can specify in the API the volume level of the coins

It is not normal coins like CTP cryptoPlay that mine 2 months ago and is dead, put it to mine, because then in vaultmex it is impossible to sell. Mine QUAR that is sold in Vaultmex, I am selling it at a very low price and they do not even buy.

They get data from many exchanges that are very close to the Scam, because the purchase offers are invented.

In any case, it is a bit more work to filter, dead or half-dead coins, to the filter to not see them and that they do not appear in Coin and that's it. Better this not to have CTD, although I hope that the next coin aggregator is less speculative.

Merry Christmas Moppidoo, we had our problems in the past, due to misunderstandings of translation and I am very big, but I must admit that you are a great expert in mining and AM. So I appreciate all your contributions.
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 01:09:21 AM

Hey Patrike, I'm using some custom miner software that AM detects as being locked up, even though it isn't. Is there anyway we can get a manual override for hang detection? Like increase the interval to X number of seconds?

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2018, 09:19:13 AM

Btw, thank you Patrike for this marvelous software that AM is and the continued feature additions, development and support, just in case you'd have holiday plans for the festive season (wouldn't want to be late sending greetings and best wishes), wish you a Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year!
Thank you very much!

I will be around this week as well and then be a little less available a couple of days around Christmas. In Sweden we celebrate Christmas on December 24th, but I do know that in US and many other countries the main day of celebration is on the 25th. Merry Xmas!

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2018, 09:34:36 AM

Edit:
To elaborate, weighting based on volume would be built in statistical formula of choice to provide reasonable medium trading price, so once AM adopted a children formula, it's automatically applied.

But I hope there's something we can do to setup rule that interacts with volume. Consider that CTM is heavily speculative mining centric and have quite a bit of low volume coins. I'd like to see that a rule such as

If coins per day / total traded volume is some number then apply certain action (such as profitability factor)

Or to do with performance history, same as above trigger, but also to not mine that coin for more than xxx hours per 24 hour period (something Mark pool inactive as if no accepted shares)

Nothing urgent but just getting ideas rolling since the data has been made available and just exploring possible ways to exploit to maximize investment returns for those of us still mining and trying to survive through this crypto winter. :p

certainly moppidoo CTM focuses on a speculative market of currencies that are dying. You are mining 33 satochis and when you go to sell they are worth 3 satochis. It's fine as a complement. It also brings some coins that we were missing as CLG and some more.

They themselves have said in their discord that they will do something so that we can specify in the API the volume level of the coins
In the next release I'm planning to support Exchange Filtering for CoinCalculators and CoinToMine as a single global setting and also make it possible to override the Exchange Filter per individual coin (as in the screenshot earlier). It's only these two coin providers that provides exchange information over the API at the moment.

Volume filtering will be supported for WhatToMine, CoinCalculators and CoinToMine. It will be a single global setting for all of them.

Weighted Average will be supported later on as well, but not in the next release already.

A question for both @moppidoo, @trucobit and anyone else with suggestions on the implementation: Right now the Exchange Filtering is not removing any coins, it's simply setting the Revenue to zero (option #1 below) if no matching exchange can be found. The coin will still show up in the Coins tab and can be used for mining pools. I'm planning to do the same for the Volume Filtering, so if the volume is too low, the Revenue will be considered zero.

I do see three different ways for this implementation:
1) Show the coins, even those not matching any Exchange Filter or Exchange Volume settings, but set the Revenue to zero
2) Show the coins, even those not matching any Exchange Filter or Exchange Volume settings, but set the Revenue to zero for the profit switcher and when mining, but show the reported Revenue (although it might be unrealistic) on the Coins tab and indicate it with a gray color
3) Simply hide the coins that doesn't match the Exchange Filter or Exchange Volume settings. It will not be visible on the Coins tab and not possible to select for a mining pool.

Which one would be preferred?

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2018, 09:41:38 AM

Hey Patrike, I'm using some custom miner software that AM detects as being locked up, even though it isn't. Is there anyway we can get a manual override for hang detection? Like increase the interval to X number of seconds?
When Awesome Miner is starting a mining process, it will keep track of the Process ID (PID) of the started software. It will then monitor this PID all the time and as soon as there are no process running with this PID, Awesome Miner will assume that the mining process has crashed and will automatically restart it. So it's not really about a process that is hanging it's about if the process exists at all (should be possible to confirm via the Windows Task Manager, where the PID column can be used).

There are currently no feature configure around this behavior. Is it that just a few seconds after you start the mining process, Awesome Miner think that it isn't running? Then it must use some strange behavior where it launches a second process that Awesome Miner isn't aware of and terminates the original executable.

Are you launching the mining executable right away or is it via some batch file?

Sometimes GPU mining software uses watchdogs where they do their own crash detection, but this should be disabled as Awesome Miner should take care of that instead.

Allo-4ka

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 10:15:29 AM

1) Show the coins, even those not matching any Exchange Filter or Exchange Volume settings, but set the Revenue to zero
2) Show the coins, even those not matching any Exchange Filter or Exchange Volume settings, but set the Revenue to zero for the profit switcher and when mining, but show the reported Revenue (although it might be unrealistic) on the Coins tab and indicate it with a gray color
3) Simply hide the coins that doesn't match the Exchange Filter or Exchange Volume settings. It will not be visible on the Coins tab and not possible to select for a mining pool.

Highlight color (gray / red) but leaving prices
moppidoo

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 10:33:56 AM

I concur (method (2)), since it's a new feature, and we might need to refer to the original (potential unrealistic) data to tweak the filtering value to each one's own liking - globally or individually. The highlighting will make it easy for us to pickup and gauge if the filtering are too aggressive or otherwise too relaxed.
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 11:18:19 AM

When Awesome Miner is starting a mining process, it will keep track of the Process ID (PID) of the started software. It will then monitor this PID all the time and as soon as there are no process running with this PID, Awesome Miner will assume that the mining process has crashed and will automatically restart it. So it's not really about a process that is hanging it's about if the process exists at all (should be possible to confirm via the Windows Task Manager, where the PID column can be used).

There are currently no feature configure around this behavior. Is it that just a few seconds after you start the mining process, Awesome Miner think that it isn't running? Then it must use some strange behavior where it launches a second process that Awesome Miner isn't aware of and terminates the original executable.

Are you launching the mining executable right away or is it via some batch file?

Sometimes GPU mining software uses watchdogs where they do their own crash detection, but this should be disabled as Awesome Miner should take care of that instead.

So it doesn't look to detect if it's 'not responding' or something like that through Windows? When it initializes it sits there for awhile and looks like it hangs after it's started, but will start mining like a normal miner after about 10s. AM doesn't wait for it and seems to close it.

I'm currently using a batch to launch it, but there isn't anything special in it I haven't included. I have it added as a generic miner in AM as well.

Watching task manager it shows up as 'suspended' before it closes. It doesn't do that when I run it from the batchfile.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
trucobit

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 04:32:18 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2018, 05:27:45 PM by trucobit

I agree with moppidoo, option 2, but those coins highlight them in some way to know that they have that bad feature. Then, if I do not want to see them, I can filter them in options so as not to see them.

The other day I left some suggestions for the Coin tab about leaving annotations and adding colors to the cells that could be quite useful.

About the filters of Exchanges sets for CC and CTD, it seems pretty good. We suggest and you look for the best formula.

It will be a pleasure to be able to choose those valas coins with low volume. Also a common feature of those bad currencies is the use of very rare Exchanges, some would even call them fictional.

Here in Spain the strong holiday days are 24 and 25
trucobit

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 04:33:08 PM

@patrike   will launch the exchange filter before the holidays?
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2018, 10:27:55 PM

So it doesn't look to detect if it's 'not responding' or something like that through Windows? When it initializes it sits there for awhile and looks like it hangs after it's started, but will start mining like a normal miner after about 10s. AM doesn't wait for it and seems to close it.

I'm currently using a batch to launch it, but there isn't anything special in it I haven't included. I have it added as a generic miner in AM as well.

Watching task manager it shows up as 'suspended' before it closes. It doesn't do that when I run it from the batchfile.
It's not looking for "Not responding".

What might happen here is that Awesome Miner launches your batch file, and the batch execution terminates quite fast - and this is the only process that is being monitored by Awesome Miner. Awesome Miner is not aware of any additional processes that is started from your batch file. Can you try to launch the exe-file right away instead? If you need to run additional batch commands you can do that via the Properties of the miner, Command Line section, using one of the fields for batch commands.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2018, 10:46:21 PM

I concur (method (2)), since it's a new feature, and we might need to refer to the original (potential unrealistic) data to tweak the filtering value to each one's own liking - globally or individually. The highlighting will make it easy for us to pickup and gauge if the filtering are too aggressive or otherwise too relaxed.
Thanks for the comments.

This is another preview of what it looks like at the moment:

I have Binance enabled for BTG only and TradeSatoshi enabled globally. XSG doesn't exist on TradeSatoshi and for this reason, the exchange with the highest price, Stex, is displayed in gray because it doesn't match the exchange filter.

The minimum volume is configured to be 5 BTC in this example. For this reason ZEL and BTCZ are displayed with gray color for the exchange volume.

If either the exchange filter or the minimum volume didn't match for a coin - the Revenue and Profit columns will also be gray.

These three coins with gray Revenue/Profit will have a Revenue of zero when considered by the profit switcher and when mining.

Pages: « 1 ... 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 [411] 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 ... 646 »
  Print  

Jump to: