Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:00:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 [468] 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 ... 645 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 700869 times)
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2019, 06:45:25 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2019, 09:59:43 AM by patrike

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6i4nu2mjviw3y67/Captura%20de%20pantalla%202019-04-13%20a%20las%206.35.30.png?dl=0

You will see the Xfox currency and its estimate of more than 7000 coins in a day (rigti 1080ti). But it's wrong, I think the formula of your profit is not very accurate and I can say it because we measure and test all the currencies / pool and elprofit is between 0.70 to 0.95 90% of the time, but it's not what same mine to 0.80 that to 1.

In this case, this Xfox coin has a blocking time of 2 minutes and has a reward of 2.79 (removing fee from the pool), the maximum coins per day is from 2008, it does not matter how many machines and the hash is the same because the difficulty it adjusts itself, the maximum is 2008 coins per day.

With which his estimate is completely wrong in this currency and slightly deviated in many others, but it is no longer a question of data, it is a question of formula.
The formula itself is correct and gives the exact same results are WhatToMine and CoinCalculators in general. There can however be specific coins that do something differently where you manually need to adjust the profit factor as it's not possible to compute the number of coins per day the standard way.

You must take into account block time, reward and nethash, to have a more accurate profit. It is a more complex formula, more data to take into account and we must take into account the maximum coins per day for the estimates offered by AM

It is only a constructive criticism, we customize all fields, difficulty, recommensa, price of exchanges directly (that's why it would be good to cache results between requests)

It's just an example where the formula is not right. Neither can it be to mine ZEL when its real profit is 0.65 and so many currencies. You imagine mining ZEL to profit 1, but then only receive 65% of the mined. That's why I recommend everyone to do pool and coin tests, if you change the pool you have to repeat the test.
Yes, the plan is to add support for the "NetHash" way of doing the calculations as well, where Block Time is one of the factors. The idea is also have this configurable per coin so if you run into a coin where the standard way of doing the calculations doesn't give the expected results, you should be able to switch to this other mode.

Last detail, the benchmark. When I do a 2 or 5 hour test, what value does it give?

The last value he had at the end of the test
The highest peak of hash
The average of the hash of those 5 hours (This would be the correct one)
@patrike should average the benchmar hash, if not, the benchmark is totally useless for AL-GOS that change subalways, it just is not worth it.

@PAtrike is there no way to average the hash value of 2, 5 or 10 hours, during a benchmark?
It should be the average but excluding a few samples in the beginning as those first samples are typically too low. However, I did notice an issue here with long running benchmarks so I will make a correction for that case. Thanks for finding it.

Update - coin properties:
I've just finished the implementation for Network Hashrate and Block Time in the Coin Properties, together with a setting where you can select one of the following calculation methods:
- Difficulty, Block Reward and Exponential factor
- Network Hashrate, Block Reward and Block Time

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lunga Chung

Activity: 277
Merit: 23

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 11:36:47 AM

Hi again Patrike

first thank you so much for answering the previous question, that was exactly what you guessed! Smiley

now I have another problem, hope you can shed some light on this too.

I just upgraded the firmware of my antminer s9 to the latest, and now the Awesome Miner cannot do anything with it except showing its hashrate, that's because the api access to it is shown to be restricted. I have tried configuring api access as explained in the software's tuts, it shows "Connection Failure" on the API access configuration window. this time i left the username, password fields blank but no help, also tried both "root-admin" and the web interface username-password too but those didn't work also, the same Connection Failure. I even tried the manual configuration using ssh commands, again no help!

I will be so grateful if you could help me out in this one too.
thanks again

No help for that (yet), latest s9(i,j etc) firmware has a locked SSH access so AM can't communicate with miner as it use to. I also hope there will some workaround regarding this issue but for now:

DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR BITMAIN ASIC MINERS TO LATEST 2019 FIRMWARE !!!!
Your observation is correct, it looks like Bitmain start to lock down their ASIC miners more with the recent firmware upgrades.

With SSH access disabled, Awesome Miner cannot connect and reconfigure the API access. This is the reason for the "Connection failure".

Update:
I've previously had a short conversation with Bitmain regarding the disabled SSH on Antminer S15, but it has not yet resulted in any solution being provided. I've reached out to them again on this topic to ask for a way to enable Privileged API access. Even if the SSH access still will be disabled, I would like to see the API setting being configurable in the web interface for the Antminer as an alternative solution.

The worst part is you can't revert S9 to previous firmware so until they provide you with a solution AM is just a monitoring tool
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2019, 11:52:07 AM

Hi again Patrike

first thank you so much for answering the previous question, that was exactly what you guessed! Smiley

now I have another problem, hope you can shed some light on this too.

I just upgraded the firmware of my antminer s9 to the latest, and now the Awesome Miner cannot do anything with it except showing its hashrate, that's because the api access to it is shown to be restricted. I have tried configuring api access as explained in the software's tuts, it shows "Connection Failure" on the API access configuration window. this time i left the username, password fields blank but no help, also tried both "root-admin" and the web interface username-password too but those didn't work also, the same Connection Failure. I even tried the manual configuration using ssh commands, again no help!

I will be so grateful if you could help me out in this one too.
thanks again

No help for that (yet), latest s9(i,j etc) firmware has a locked SSH access so AM can't communicate with miner as it use to. I also hope there will some workaround regarding this issue but for now:

DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR BITMAIN ASIC MINERS TO LATEST 2019 FIRMWARE !!!!
Your observation is correct, it looks like Bitmain start to lock down their ASIC miners more with the recent firmware upgrades.

With SSH access disabled, Awesome Miner cannot connect and reconfigure the API access. This is the reason for the "Connection failure".

Update:
I've previously had a short conversation with Bitmain regarding the disabled SSH on Antminer S15, but it has not yet resulted in any solution being provided. I've reached out to them again on this topic to ask for a way to enable Privileged API access. Even if the SSH access still will be disabled, I would like to see the API setting being configurable in the web interface for the Antminer as an alternative solution.

The worst part is you can't revert S9 to previous firmware so until they provide you with a solution AM is just a monitoring tool
In addition, I know that a number of Awesome Miner users already contacted Bitmain about providing a solution where their miners can be managed (via the Privileged API concept). It should be in Bitmains interest to let their customers can manage their miners in a good way.

I would actually encourage users of Antminers to contact Bitmain on this topic to push for a solution. Even if Bitmain want to disable SSH for some reason, they should still add a setting in their web interface to allow the user to enable Privileged API access.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
ralf007at

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 12:59:39 PM

Hi Patrike,

we have many times the problem, that some miners (especially Antminer L3+) get the Status (in Red) Disconnected - API Access Denied
if we send the command: Reboot (via SSH), the miner is working fine again (after a reboot)

so we would like to make a rule for that event - but unfortunatly i don't find any trigger for this event?! there is the Trigger Offline detection... but no one for this specific event?! is there another option??

BR Ralf
Hi Ralf,

Thanks for your question. Unfortunately it can happen sometimes that Antminers stop responding to monitoring request requests. In some cases the Antminers are more sensitive to this problem when mining on specific pools, but in other cases it's more difficult to find an exact reason.

The predefined rule "Offline Detection" should be able to detect this scenario. By default it will only give a notification (only once, until you acknowledge the notification), but you can also add actions to perform a reboot or similar. Can you please try check if this rule detects the issue in your cae?

Hi Patrike,

thank you for your suggestion - actually the state Disconnected - API Access Denied is different to only Disconnected... but i will try with a rule, that execute only every 40 minutes for this problem.
allthough it would be helpfull, if one could choose the 2 different states in the rule-triggers...

BR Ralf

Hi Patrike,

we have to narrow the 40 minutes to 15 minutes - otherwise, the rule is not effective... but now the rule doesn't work well either... the problem is, that the rule is also triggering if you reboot a miner and he needs more then 15 minutes until actively mining - then the rule reboots him again and again and again...

so we would be very happy, if we could select the state "Disconnected - API Access Denied" in this case, we can run the rule without time-limit and in a stable way...

thank you in advance!!

BR Ralf
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2019, 02:40:07 PM

Hi Patrike,

we have many times the problem, that some miners (especially Antminer L3+) get the Status (in Red) Disconnected - API Access Denied
if we send the command: Reboot (via SSH), the miner is working fine again (after a reboot)

so we would like to make a rule for that event - but unfortunatly i don't find any trigger for this event?! there is the Trigger Offline detection... but no one for this specific event?! is there another option??

BR Ralf
Hi Ralf,

Thanks for your question. Unfortunately it can happen sometimes that Antminers stop responding to monitoring request requests. In some cases the Antminers are more sensitive to this problem when mining on specific pools, but in other cases it's more difficult to find an exact reason.

The predefined rule "Offline Detection" should be able to detect this scenario. By default it will only give a notification (only once, until you acknowledge the notification), but you can also add actions to perform a reboot or similar. Can you please try check if this rule detects the issue in your cae?

Hi Patrike,

thank you for your suggestion - actually the state Disconnected - API Access Denied is different to only Disconnected... but i will try with a rule, that execute only every 40 minutes for this problem.
allthough it would be helpfull, if one could choose the 2 different states in the rule-triggers...

BR Ralf

Hi Patrike,

we have to narrow the 40 minutes to 15 minutes - otherwise, the rule is not effective... but now the rule doesn't work well either... the problem is, that the rule is also triggering if you reboot a miner and he needs more then 15 minutes until actively mining - then the rule reboots him again and again and again...

so we would be very happy, if we could select the state "Disconnected - API Access Denied" in this case, we can run the rule without time-limit and in a stable way...

thank you in advance!!

BR Ralf
Hi Ralf,
I've looked into this earlier based on your previous feedback and I have now created a new Trigger type for you ("Detect Miner State") where you can detect this specific state.
Please let me know your feedback once the next version is released. Thanks!

trucobit

Activity: 756
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 02:42:17 PM

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6i4nu2mjviw3y67/Captura%20de%20pantalla%202019-04-13%20a%20las%206.35.30.png?dl=0

You will see the Xfox currency and its estimate of more than 7000 coins in a day (rigti 1080ti). But it's wrong, I think the formula of your profit is not very accurate and I can say it because we measure and test all the currencies / pool and elprofit is between 0.70 to 0.95 90% of the time, but it's not what same mine to 0.80 that to 1.

In this case, this Xfox coin has a blocking time of 2 minutes and has a reward of 2.79 (removing fee from the pool), the maximum coins per day is from 2008, it does not matter how many machines and the hash is the same because the difficulty it adjusts itself, the maximum is 2008 coins per day.

With which his estimate is completely wrong in this currency and slightly deviated in many others, but it is no longer a question of data, it is a question of formula.
The formula itself is correct and gives the exact same results are WhatToMine and CoinCalculators in general. There can however be specific coins that do something differently where you manually need to adjust the profit factor as it's not possible to compute the number of coins per day the standard way.

You must take into account block time, reward and nethash, to have a more accurate profit. It is a more complex formula, more data to take into account and we must take into account the maximum coins per day for the estimates offered by AM

It is only a constructive criticism, we customize all fields, difficulty, recommensa, price of exchanges directly (that's why it would be good to cache results between requests)

It's just an example where the formula is not right. Neither can it be to mine ZEL when its real profit is 0.65 and so many currencies. You imagine mining ZEL to profit 1, but then only receive 65% of the mined. That's why I recommend everyone to do pool and coin tests, if you change the pool you have to repeat the test.
Yes, the plan is to add support for the "NetHash" way of doing the calculations as well, where Block Time is one of the factors. The idea is also have this configurable per coin so if you run into a coin where the standard way of doing the calculations doesn't give the expected results, you should be able to switch to this other mode.

Last detail, the benchmark. When I do a 2 or 5 hour test, what value does it give?

The highest peak of hash
@patrike should average the benchmar hash, if not, the benchmark is totally useless for AL-GOS that change subalways, it just is not worth it.

@PAtrike is there no way to average the hash value of 2, 5 or 10 hours, during a benchmark?
It should be the average but excluding a few samples in the beginning as those first samples are typically too low. However, I did notice an issue here with long running benchmarks so I will make a correction for that case. Thanks for finding it.

I've just finished the implementation for Network Hashrate and Block Time in the Coin Properties, together with a setting where you can select one of the following calculation methods:

As always, thank you for your compression of the problems and be the first to want to solve them. That says a lot about you as a good programmer.

As a last suggestion doubt. A rule that changes the fan speed of the rigs graphics without having to restart the mining.

Thanks in advance for the types of profit. It is clear that the other type of profit requires much more work, we in our group assume it, and when closer to reality better.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2019, 09:57:11 PM

The highest peak of hash

As always, thank you for your compression of the problems and be the first to want to solve them. That says a lot about you as a good programmer.

As a last suggestion doubt. A rule that changes the fan speed of the rigs graphics without having to restart the mining.

Thanks in advance for the types of profit. It is clear that the other type of profit requires much more work, we in our group assume it, and when closer to reality better.
Thanks for the nice feedback.

The plan is to add support for setting GPU properties like fan speed directly via the rule actions. Today you can use Clocking Profiles via the actions as discussed earlier, but it will be easier once you can do it without the profiles.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2019, 10:53:42 PM

Awesome Miner version 6.3.1

ASIC mining
  - Support for Antminer Z11
 Features
  - Configuration of Network Hashrate and Block Time per coin
  - Added an additional way to calculate coin revenue, based on Network Hashrate, Block Time and Block Reward. Calculation method configurable per coin.
  - New trigger Detect Miner State to detect specific mining states
 Mining softare
  - SrbMiner 1.8.3
  - NBMiner 22.3
  - Gminer 1.38
  - Nanominer 1.2
  - Bminer 15.5
 Corrections
  - Improved compatibility for change of frequency on Antminers
  - Corrected calculation of average hashrate for benchmarks
  - Handle invalid JSON responses from JCE miner

trucobit

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 12:40:07 AM

@patrike or @moppidoo can you provide me with the general Yiimp API url, where all the yimmp pools take the data?
darkneorus

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 12:41:59 AM

@patrike or @moppidoo can you provide me with the general Yiimp API url, where all the yimmp pools take the data?
https://api.zergpool.com/api/status
https://zpool.ca/api/status
trucobit

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 01:19:46 AM

It seems that I have some problem with nethash, whether I buy it from for example BSOD, or even selecting CTM or CC, to obtain Nethash. There are moments that correctly shows the nethash and gives a realistic profir, in this case right now about 500 ghs for veil, but at times it goes to 240 Th / s of nethash and the currency sinks.

At times shows the nethash well, at times shows the burrada of 240 THs.

If I use the CC APi in custom and look for the value, I exceed 500 requests per day, because each currency is a request. In addition, the CC data is well below the real hash according to other sources.

https://www.coincalculators.io/api.aspx?name=veil&hashrate=1
json currentNethash

VEIL has a pretty weird explorer
https://explorer.veil-project.com/
where we can not extract the nethash. IF I use the providers, because you give to choose the 3 that there are, it also gives me failure.

If I use the BSOD data, I get the data well for a while and more or less well, but then it goes to 240 Ths, then it's fine again then again it gives it badly
http://api.bsod.pw/api/currencies
json VEIL.network_hashrate

I do not put data out of laziness.

For that I ask who can pass me the general API of Yiimp, where all the pools based on Yiimp take the data, to request them there, or could even be defined as a nethash provider.

Anyway the formula of obtaining BSOD serves me, the problem is that at times I show the correct nethash, about 500 right now and suddenly it goes to more than 200 ths, then it goes well, then badly and so all the time .
trucobit

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 01:21:13 AM

I will try, but zergpool reads the hash from the general yiimp database, so when I read it from zergpool it is late, I prefer to read it directly from the source closest to the original one. Anyway, thank you very much, I will try, because this update will give us a lot of work
trucobit

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 01:27:09 AM

The values of hashrates they give are averaged to 24 hours, it is far from the current one.
darkneorus

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 02:02:51 AM

https://api.zergpool.com/api/currenc

I will try, but zergpool reads the hash from the general yiimp database, so when I read it from zergpool it is late, I prefer to read it directly from the source closest to the original one. Anyway, thank you very much, I will try, because this update will give us a lot of work
if I understand your question correct, then you can click the "define coin" button on Pool tab while mining on Zerg to override the profitability source for it, afaik.
trucobit

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 02:27:55 AM

https://api.zergpool.com/api/currenc

if I understand your question correct, then you can click the "define coin" button on Pool tab while mining on Zerg to override the profitability source for it, afaik.

Sorry I did not understand what you want to tell me. I'm doing tests with BSOD but the same thing gives you the correct value that gives you an exaggeration.

Now I will try other methods. Is that VEIL does not have an explorer type inquidus, if not, it would be easier

But all yiimp pools take the data from a central api and iimp, and I do not know what that url is for that api.
darkneorus

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 02:51:32 AM

But all yiimp pools take the data from a central api and iimp, and I do not know what that url is for that api.
yiimp pools don't have anything like a central api. they receive all the stats from the coin daemons that are running on their servers.
ralf007at

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 06:52:05 AM

Hi Patrike,

BR Ralf
Hi Ralf,

Hi Patrike,

BR Ralf

Hi Patrike,

thank you in advance!!

BR Ralf
Hi Ralf,
I've looked into this earlier based on your previous feedback and I have now created a new Trigger type for you ("Detect Miner State") where you can detect this specific state.

Hi Patrike,

thank you so much - i installed the new version and adapted the trigger - but unfortunatly this event don't work - i just had a miner with this state - but the event was not triggered - even after i activated the trigger through the Actions-Button it not worked ...

BR Ralf
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2019, 08:48:11 AM

It seems that I have some problem with nethash, whether I buy it from for example BSOD, or even selecting CTM or CC, to obtain Nethash. There are moments that correctly shows the nethash and gives a realistic profir, in this case right now about 500 ghs for veil, but at times it goes to 240 Th / s of nethash and the currency sinks.
One way to see what values Awesome Miner reads for these properties is to look in the Awesome Miner log file for "Dynamic update of coin property". These lines will indicate the coin to be updated, the property to be updated and the new value. Can you for example see the large variations of NetHash here?

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2019, 09:24:20 AM

Hi Patrike,

BR Ralf
Hi Ralf,

Hi Patrike,

BR Ralf

Hi Patrike,

thank you in advance!!

BR Ralf
Hi Ralf,

Hi Patrike,

thank you so much - i installed the new version and adapted the trigger - but unfortunatly this event don't work - i just had a miner with this state - but the event was not triggered - even after i activated the trigger through the Actions-Button it not worked ...

BR Ralf
Thanks for the comments Ralf.
If the activation of the rule doesn't work from the Action-button, it sounds like it's the action that isn't working. The Triggers are never considered when using this button.

Do you see any log entry "Detected miner state" in the Awesome Miner log file (toolbar: Tools -> Log File)?

ralf007at

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 09:29:00 AM

Hi Patrike,

BR Ralf
Hi Ralf,

Hi Patrike,

BR Ralf

Hi Patrike,

thank you in advance!!

BR Ralf
Hi Ralf,

Hi Patrike,

BR Ralf
Thanks for the comments Ralf.
If the activation of the rule doesn't work from the Action-button, it sounds like it's the action that isn't working. The Triggers are never considered when using this button.

Do you see any log entry "Detected miner state" in the Awesome Miner log file (toolbar: Tools -> Log File)?

Hi Patrike,

no there is nothing in the logfile...

BR Ralf
Pages: « 1 ... 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 [468] 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 ... 645 »
  Print  

Jump to: