Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:12:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 [486] 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 ... 646 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701259 times)
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3332
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2019, 03:47:45 PM

Code:
Version: 6.5.2
API command: /api/v1/status

I've only had a quick look so far, but the interesting part is the first few lines of the API report. It indicates the API command Awesome Miner sends to the mining software and the line after is the response.

In this case Awesome Miner sends a request to:
http://IpAddressOfTheMiner:4028/api/v1/status

For this mining software the API is based on HTTP. There are other software where non-HTTP connections are used.

The next few lines in the report are empty - indicating that the mining software didn't respond to this request. One you get to the lines further below (starting with "<?xml version") it's just Awesome Miner that log internal information.

There are two things you can do to find out why Awesome Miner didn't get any API response from the miner:

1) As this specific mining software happen to run HTTP, you could try to open a web browser and navigate to:
Replace with the correct IP address of the miner.

This suggestion will however not be applicable for all mining software - which is why the point below can be of interest.

2) You could add an External Miner in Awesome Miner, where you select the mining software you want to connect to and specify the "Remote Host" like:
192.168.0.123:4028
Use the IP address of the Remote Agent computer where the mining is running. The port may not be 4028, please right click on the Managed Miner and select View Details to find the mining software API port number in the command line.

If the External Miner shows up as Disconnected, it's a sign that it's not possible to get any response from the mining software.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2019, 04:03:27 PM

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k05h0exde8qljrx/4.png?dl=0

and again, and all day like that. That miner has stayed offline, has reboot and it works. But I already said that I reboot too many times a day, every rig more than 20 or 30 times a day, practically every change. Normally they are the Rig3 and 5 that are 1080TI, but also it happens with less frequency in other rigs of RTX, 1070 etc ...

Or the native OC does not go well with administration, the aftherburner influences, I do not know if the others that happen to him have the same aftherburner, or there some different fault, but that makes this has become unstable.

And having seen that the same thing happens to other people, I insist on the problem.
In addition to my previous response about troubleshooting - I also see that you list quite a number of potential problematic areas.

After you made the troubleshooting I suggested earlier - please also consider to try to eliminate all these factors that could have an impact on the overall system stability. What happens if you modify you overclocking to only be a single percent of overclocking (so the overclocking code is used, but doesn't do much)? What happens if you remove all clocking for one of the miners? What happens if you close down Afterburner?

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 2252

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2019, 01:10:00 AM

does AM properly support the bw L21 miners? my AM detected the miners and shows that they are mining but the stats are all wrong - no temps, doesnt show pool info, the accepted shares are in the trillions with zero rejected and zero hw errors - it also does not show the hash rate.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
GKumaran

Activity: 204
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 02:09:09 AM

New TRM - TeamRedMiner Version 0.5
Austpool

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 05:35:41 AM

Hey Patrike,
Is there a way to set the Global Electricity Price (per kWh) via HTTP API?
Thank you!
There are no feature to set the value via API today.

You can set the price via the Rules, where you can use the Action called Set Property. You can for example use the rules to define different electricity prices depending on time or day. Rule actions can also be triggered via the API if needed.

I do understand this doesn't give as much flexibility as having an API method for setting an exact price from an external application. Please let me know if you still prefer the API method and I will look into supporting it when possible. Thanks!
Hey Patrike,

If you could add it to your ever expanding "to-do list" that would be awesome! That would help me a lot!

Here in Texas we have the option to go with a variable rate electricity plan that changes the price per kWh every 5 minutes. I'm currently monitoring the real-time price and have different rules and profiles setup in AM for my miners. For example, if the price per kWh goes crazy, up to say $1.00 /kWh, then my mine basically shuts down until the price drops. If the price goes negative (which happens often at night), the miners will overclock and go nuts!

One more thought that might open up a whole new world of possibilities for AM: What if you gave us the option to pass a variable into AM via API that could be used elsewhere in the application? Maybe just a few empty variable slots (Var1, Var2, Var3, etc.) then those variables could be used as "Triggers" inside a rule. Just a thought.

Thanks again!
The API method for electricity price should be possible to include in the near future as it's only a matter of exposing a feature already available.

Thanks for the suggestion about variables, that would make sense as well. Another concept available already today via the triggers are Miner Tags. You can set Tags on miners via the API and you can have trigger looking at certain tags.

Hi.
I had another thought along these lines. would it be possible to add support for turning on these wifi activated power switches to turn an ASIC miner on after sun up(for solar users), or during a cheap power period(like this user has) and then off again as needed?
i guess this could be done with a C# script... so to set the asic miner as enabled, then turn the power switch on.
anyone done this?
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2019, 07:36:30 AM

does AM properly support the bw L21 miners? my AM detected the miners and shows that they are mining but the stats are all wrong - no temps, doesnt show pool info, the accepted shares are in the trillions with zero rejected and zero hw errors - it also does not show the hash rate.
This miner is supported, at least previous revisions of it.

Even in the past this ASIC has always reported crazy number for the total number or share and total hashrate. What Awesome Miner do is to detect that it's a miner of this kind and then recalculate everything based on each individual ASIC device to get numbers that are accurate.

It might be that more recent revisions of this ASIC is a bit different and Awesome Miner isn't able to detect it correctly. Could you please send me the API report (toolbar: Tools -> API Report) via mail or PM and I will see what changes they might have introduced and how to do another workaround. Thanks!

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2019, 07:42:22 AM

New TRM - TeamRedMiner Version 0.5
Thanks for your assistance in collecting all the new/missing algorithm names.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2019, 07:50:12 AM

Hi.
I had another thought along these lines. would it be possible to add support for turning on these wifi activated power switches to turn an ASIC miner on after sun up(for solar users), or during a cheap power period(like this user has) and then off again as needed?
i guess this could be done with a C# script... so to set the asic miner as enabled, then turn the power switch on.
anyone done this?
Hi,
As I don't have too much experience in this area I will only to be able to give a general answer form an Awesome Miner point of view, but hopefully someone else with more experience in this field can give additional details.

There are some power switches that can be controlled via HTTP requests and there are some that requires an command line application to be executed that will send the command to the power plug/switch. I do know that there are a number of users that uses Awesome Miner to interact with different kinds of smart plugs/switches.

From an Awesome Miner point of view you can define your own rules (Options dialog, Rules section) and add them to the Action toolbar button, where you can either have actions to send HTTP requests (Webhook action) or to run an executable. You can also use the rules to schedule these operations to run at a specific time if needed.

Lunga Chung

Activity: 277
Merit: 23

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 10:21:06 AM

Hi.
anyone done this?
Hi,
As I don't have too much experience in this area I will only to be able to give a general answer form an Awesome Miner point of view, but hopefully someone else with more experience in this field can give additional details.

There are some power switches that can be controlled via HTTP requests and there are some that requires an command line application to be executed that will send the command to the power plug/switch. I do know that there are a number of users that uses Awesome Miner to interact with different kinds of smart plugs/switches.

From an Awesome Miner point of view you can define your own rules (Options dialog, Rules section) and add them to the Action toolbar button, where you can either have actions to send HTTP requests (Webhook action) or to run an executable. You can also use the rules to schedule these operations to run at a specific time if needed.
This is what i use for reboting ASIC and GPU

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32960089281.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.15.391c71cdJAc3m1&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0%2Csearchweb201602_6_10065_10068_319_10059_10884_317_10887_10696_321_322_10084_453_10083_454_10103_10618_10307_537_536%2Csearchweb201603_52%2CppcSwitch_0&algo_expid=4fa1849b-c4f6-44c8-a649-725a218ef69b-2&algo_pvid=4fa1849b-c4f6-44c8-a649-725a218ef69b

There is also a software that you can put on AM server and reboot/power onoff miners
trucobit

Activity: 756
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 11:47:22 AM

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zynzi5nd4ywsk9s/5.png?dl=0

Another sample of bugs from the native OC.

If we see the capture, RIG3 would be 6x1080ti, gives the hash of 6, gives the consumption of 6 cards, but then the Profit is 1 card, also only gives the temperature of 1 card.

I have created a rule that counts the cards in case of missing only 1 reboot. But the curious thing that marks me the hash and consumption of 6, temperature and profit of only 1. Something is not right.

He has been like this all night and has not done auto switch because he marked a hash he was not getting. But of course the Switch does it for the hash profile of the currency not for the hash obtained, otherwise X16r would skip all the time.

AM could bring a predefined rule to detect dropped devices.

It is not shown that AM does not get the data right, it can not be working only 1 card and the hash of 6 and the consumption of 6 remain. So I can not make a rule like "if it consumes less than X trigger"
trucobit

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 12:01:20 PM

Code:
Version: 6.5.2
API command: /api/v1/status

I've only had a quick look so far, but the interesting part is the first few lines of the API report. It indicates the API command Awesome Miner sends to the mining software and the line after is the response.

In this case Awesome Miner sends a request to:

For this mining software the API is based on HTTP. There are other software where non-HTTP connections are used.

The next few lines in the report are empty - indicating that the mining software didn't respond to this request. One you get to the lines further below (starting with "<?xml version") it's just Awesome Miner that log internal information.

There are two things you can do to find out why Awesome Miner didn't get any API response from the miner:

1) As this specific mining software happen to run HTTP, you could try to open a web browser and navigate to:
Replace with the correct IP address of the miner.

This suggestion will however not be applicable for all mining software - which is why the point below can be of interest.

2) You could add an External Miner in Awesome Miner, where you select the mining software you want to connect to and specify the "Remote Host" like:
192.168.0.123:4028
Use the IP address of the Remote Agent computer where the mining is running. The port may not be 4028, please right click on the Managed Miner and select View Details to find the mining software API port number in the command line.

If the External Miner shows up as Disconnected, it's a sign that it's not possible to get any response from the mining software.

I take note of these two urls to execute them when I have problems. But in principle it works, because when you reboot everything goes well, it is when you make some change ... It stops working well.

I have it written down and waiting for a failure to see, or I provoke the failure, I will report the ruling here. But keep in mind that it is not a fixed fault, which is sporadic. Because if it were fixed, it would not work or reboot.
trucobit

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 12:07:38 PM

and again, and all day like that. That miner has stayed offline, has reboot and it works. But I already said that I reboot too many times a day, every rig more than 20 or 30 times a day, practically every change. Normally they are the Rig3 and 5 that are 1080TI, but also it happens with less frequency in other rigs of RTX, 1070 etc ...

Or the native OC does not go well with administration, the aftherburner influences, I do not know if the others that happen to him have the same aftherburner, or there some different fault, but that makes this has become unstable.

And having seen that the same thing happens to other people, I insist on the problem.
In addition to my previous response about troubleshooting - I also see that you list quite a number of potential problematic areas.

After you made the troubleshooting I suggested earlier - please also consider to try to eliminate all these factors that could have an impact on the overall system stability. What happens if you modify you overclocking to only be a single percent of overclocking (so the overclocking code is used, but doesn't do much)? What happens if you remove all clocking for one of the miners? What happens if you close down Afterburner?

The OC of winter I have reduced it by 20% for summer, and I have even tried very low OC to see if it happened and if it happens, that was the first thing I did.

What I have not tried has been to remove the Aftherburner until there is a global FAN solution. I can not be defining a curve in each profile when I have 100 or more, and the heat is heat whatever the protocol.

I will try to remove the Aftherburner from 1 machine, the most prone and force several changes. At first you said that it would not affect but it could be.

I ask for a global Fan curve for each rig, regardless of the protocol. That would help me remove Aftherburner.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2019, 01:18:04 PM

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zynzi5nd4ywsk9s/5.png?dl=0

Another sample of bugs from the native OC.

If we see the capture, RIG3 would be 6x1080ti, gives the hash of 6, gives the consumption of 6 cards, but then the Profit is 1 card, also only gives the temperature of 1 card.

I have created a rule that counts the cards in case of missing only 1 reboot. But the curious thing that marks me the hash and consumption of 6, temperature and profit of only 1. Something is not right.

He has been like this all night and has not done auto switch because he marked a hash he was not getting. But of course the Switch does it for the hash profile of the currency not for the hash obtained, otherwise X16r would skip all the time.

AM could bring a predefined rule to detect dropped devices.

It is not shown that AM does not get the data right, it can not be working only 1 card and the hash of 6 and the consumption of 6 remain. So I can not make a rule like "if it consumes less than X trigger"

This is more related to what GPU's are being reported as active from the mining software rather than being OC related. When you run into this issue where Awesome Miner only includes one temperature reading - the following would be interesting to know:

1) On the GPU tab for this selected miner, how many GPU's are the mining software reporting. Only one, because the other failed in some way?
2) Next time the mining software report something that looks strange, please generate an API report and sent it to me via PM or mail. I can then review what the mining software is reporting.
3) Did the mining software console window indicating that it was only mining on a single GPU or all 6 GPU's where mining perfectly fine?

It's possible that there is some case where GPU's are being partially reported correctly from the mining software and the display in Awesome Miner gives a temperature and power summary that looks strange - but we need the information above in order to really tell if that's the case.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2019, 01:23:03 PM

The OC of winter I have reduced it by 20% for summer, and I have even tried very low OC to see if it happened and if it happens, that was the first thing I did.

What I have not tried has been to remove the Aftherburner until there is a global FAN solution. I can not be defining a curve in each profile when I have 100 or more, and the heat is heat whatever the protocol.

I will try to remove the Aftherburner from 1 machine, the most prone and force several changes. At first you said that it would not affect but it could be.

I ask for a global Fan curve for each rig, regardless of the protocol. That would help me remove Aftherburner.
Perfect that you lowered the OC for the summer - that makes sense. Over the years I've seen the same trend every time it's May or June - I get reports about mining software crashing more frequently with clocking levels that worked fine a few months earlier.

Allo-4ka

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 02:04:54 PM

Could you throw off (or show with screenshots) the AM setting in such a bundle?
PS I have long thought of such a bunch
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2019, 02:53:30 PM

Awesome Miner version 6.5.3

GPU mining
  - Added setting to specify if Ctrl+C should be used to stop a mining process, configurable in the Options dialog, Mining Settings section
  - Show GPU vendor name for nVidia devices when running Remote Agent on Linux
 Features
  - Access to formatting of hashrate using MH/s and similar units via the Customize Progress Field feature
 User interface
  - Added additional coin icons
  - Display number of miners in the Mining History dialog, Mining Performance section
 Rules
  - Increased the maximum delay allowed to be configured for SSH actions
  - Time trigger to display name of day in the trigger summary if only a single day is selected
 API
  - Added API to set Electricity Price via API
 Mining software
  - TeamRedMiner 0.5
  - WildRig Miner 0.17.4
  - CpuMiner-Opt 3.9.2.3

GKumaran

Activity: 204
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 04:04:46 PM

Mining software
  - TeamRedMiner 0.5
Thx !!

GPU mining
  - Added setting to specify if Ctrl+C should be used to stop a mining process, configurable in the Options dialog, Mining Settings section

TRM now exits normally after proper thread shutdown Cheesy

Features
  - Access to formatting of hashrate using MH/s and similar units via the Customize Progress Field feature

Thx again !!
Currently using this:
Code:
"Efficiency : " + Math.Round(status.KHashAvg * 1000 / Math.Max(miningHelper.GetPowerUsage(), 1), 2) + " H/W"
Couldnt find the documentation for the endpoint for the formating if its mininghelper or status object.
Would like to have a heads up on how it works.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2019, 07:49:51 PM

Features

Thx again !!
Currently using this:
Code:
"Efficiency : " + Math.Round(status.KHashAvg * 1000 / Math.Max(miningHelper.GetPowerUsage(), 1), 2) + " H/W"
Couldnt find the documentation for the endpoint for the formating if its mininghelper or status object.
Would like to have a heads up on how it works.
Thanks for all nice feedback.

I've also updated the documentation page and you will find the solution at the bottom of this page:
https://support.awesomeminer.com/support/solutions/articles/35000086023-customize-progress-field

Code:
"Efficiency: " + miningHelper.FormatValue(Math.Round(status.KHashAvg * 1000 / Math.Max(miningHelper.GetPowerUsage(), 1), 2)) + " H/W"

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2019, 07:57:47 PM

Hey Patrike,
Is there a way to set the Global Electricity Price (per kWh) via HTTP API?
Thank you!
There are no feature to set the value via API today.

You can set the price via the Rules, where you can use the Action called Set Property. You can for example use the rules to define different electricity prices depending on time or day. Rule actions can also be triggered via the API if needed.

I do understand this doesn't give as much flexibility as having an API method for setting an exact price from an external application. Please let me know if you still prefer the API method and I will look into supporting it when possible. Thanks!
Hey Patrike,

If you could add it to your ever expanding "to-do list" that would be awesome! That would help me a lot!

Here in Texas we have the option to go with a variable rate electricity plan that changes the price per kWh every 5 minutes. I'm currently monitoring the real-time price and have different rules and profiles setup in AM for my miners. For example, if the price per kWh goes crazy, up to say $1.00 /kWh, then my mine basically shuts down until the price drops. If the price goes negative (which happens often at night), the miners will overclock and go nuts!

One more thought that might open up a whole new world of possibilities for AM: What if you gave us the option to pass a variable into AM via API that could be used elsewhere in the application? Maybe just a few empty variable slots (Var1, Var2, Var3, etc.) then those variables could be used as "Triggers" inside a rule. Just a thought.

Thanks again!
The API method for electricity price should be possible to include in the near future as it's only a matter of exposing a feature already available.

Thanks for the suggestion about variables, that would make sense as well. Another concept available already today via the triggers are Miner Tags. You can set Tags on miners via the API and you can have trigger looking at certain tags.
A short update about the API method for setting the global electricity price:
POST http://mypc:17790/api/settings/electricity_price?value=0.075
This feature is available in Awesome Miner 6.5.3

Lunga Chung

Activity: 277
Merit: 23

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 08:36:29 PM

Could you throw off (or show with screenshots) the AM setting in such a bundle?
PS I have long thought of such a bunch

the software is not a part of AM just a side instance

lonhand for Windows

Pages: « 1 ... 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 [486] 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 ... 646 »
  Print  

Jump to: