Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:55:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 [492] 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 ... 646 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701184 times)
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2019, 04:09:09 PM

Since v6.3.8 my miners view keeps defaulting to "compact list" and I have to reset it to "list"
Is there a way for me to to save my preference?
I think this is that you are running with Performance Mode enabled (see Options dialog, Advanced section). This one will force "compact list" when you start the application. When running with really large number of miners, the standard List mode is more heavy to update.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2019, 04:37:24 PM

Version 6.5.6 (Development preview of 6.6)

ASIC mining
  - Improved support for Avalon 921 with display of chip temperature and more details
 GPU mining
  - Improved mining software selection where older mining versions can be selected and the supported nVidia CUDA version can be detected
  - Global fan control using a fan/temperature curve with the native overclocking feature. Configurable in the Options dialog, GPU Settings section.
  - Remote Agent on Linux will report nVidia driver version and system memory usage
 Mining software
  - Claymore Ethereum Miner 14.7
  - Ethminer 0.18.0 rc0
  - TeamRedMiner 0.5.2
  - T-Rex Miner 0.12
  - WildRig Miner 0.17.6
 Corrections
  - Added missing Blake2b pools
  - Improved detection of xauthority environment variable on Linux for nVidia clocking

To get access to development versions, open the Options dialog in Awesome Miner. In the General section, enable Check for development versions. Then go to the Menu and click Check for updates.

Direct download links if needed:
https://www.awesomeminer.com/download/setupdev/AwesomeMiner.msi
https://www.awesomeminer.com/download/setupdev/AwesomeMinerRemoteService.msi

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
trucobit

Activity: 756
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 07:51:07 PM

I just tried the fan curve system for OC, and say that it goes silky, perfect, now if you consider each card separately.

Those who use Aftherburner for the fans, you can already remove them. I have already done it and I only use the AM system, the fewer things installed in the rig better.

Thanks Patrike for your continued effort. I'd love to see the double OC night / day, but that's your decision.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2019, 09:03:27 PM

I just tried the fan curve system for OC, and say that it goes silky, perfect, now if you consider each card separately.

Those who use Aftherburner for the fans, you can already remove them. I have already done it and I only use the AM system, the fewer things installed in the rig better.

Thanks Patrike for your continued effort. I'd love to see the double OC night / day, but that's your decision.
Many thanks for the nice review of the new fan curve feature. It's actually a quite basic concept - looking at the individual device temperature and then adjust the fan of each GPU to match the curve you have defined.

Please note that when you enable the fan curve feature, you will no longer be able to adjust the fan in other ways.

The fan curve feature allows a 1% fan speed variation before it changes the fan speed - to reduce the number of fan adjustments. Otherwise you could have changes like 59, 60, 59, 60 very frequently.

If the curve indicates that the fan speed should be 60%, Awesome Miner will not do anything if the current fan speed is between 59% - 61%. It's considered good enough. However, if the current fan speed would be 58% or 62%, Awesome Miner will adjust it to 60%. So if you ever see that the fan speed is 1% different compared to what you expected - this is the reason.

The conditional Clocking Profiles, to support day/night clocking settings, is on the roadmap.

Binary100100

Activity: 180
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 12:49:34 AM

Since v6.3.8 my miners view keeps defaulting to "compact list" and I have to reset it to "list"
Is there a way for me to to save my preference?
I think this is that you are running with Performance Mode enabled (see Options dialog, Advanced section). This one will force "compact list" when you start the application. When running with really large number of miners, the standard List mode is more heavy to update.

It was enabled. Thanks for your prompt response as always.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 01:19:36 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2019, 02:31:30 AM by kano
Merited by MoparMiningLLC (1)

So ... I was helping someone with a miner ... and they said they had another miner (s9) that was using "awesome miner"

To my unhappy surprise, I found that "awesome miner" seems to have placed a massive security hole in their miner:
"api-allow" : "W:0/0",

which means anyone with any access to the network the miner is on, can change ANYTHING, including pools being mined to and usernames on the pool
e.g. change it to mine to a bitcoin address on a pool so you can't even track who it was mining to ...

What the original Bitmain (s9) settings are:
"api-groups" : "A:stats:pools:devs:summary:version",
"api-allow" : "A:0/0,W:*",

Which means no one can do any changes, and anyone can ONLY do the reports: stats, pools, devs, summary and version
(also note that W:* is an error and is ignored)

Now while some may think that this is not an issue if their miners are ALL locked away securely behind a perfect firewall, there are also Windows viruses (awesome miner is for windows) that find miners like this and DO change the miner settings like this.

I reference these posts ...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5151878.msg51394035#msg51394035
and
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5151878.msg51384025#msg51384025

Though someone in that thread also made comment about awesome miner creating the problem ...

Edit: so after some more discussion with the person who owns the miner, the problem is that awesome miner defaults to an allows someone to do this.
It should not even be an option in the GUI

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Asusrogmining

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 02:36:56 AM

Hi, I am using Awesome miner and Gminer to mine Beam on Leafpool. If I download the Gminer and run the bat file with this command line, there would be no issue (miner.exe --algo 150_5 --server beam-eu.leafpool.com --port 3333 --ssl 1 --user Wallet.User --devices 0 3 4 5). But my issue is with Gminer and Awesome miner. I have added Leafpool to the pool list of Awesome miner and assigned the Gminer to mine equihash 150.5 for Beam. The thing is Gminer follows the pool setting parameters of the pool list, not the additional command arguments! If I put the command in that section, the CMD window gets appear and disappear in a second without showing me and error. If I put the commands in execute batch command section before running the Gminer, miner runs, but it does not read those commands, and only follows the pool setting parameters. I want to the Gminer in Awesome miner to follow my commands, specifically I want it to use Cuda devices only, but it selects both AMD and Nvidia cards at the same time. It does not follow --devices 0 3 4 5 or any optional command.

https://imgur.com/a/48Q5twE
Hi and thanks for your question. If you want to specify mining software and pool yourself you should create a Managed Miner (not a Managed Profit Miner, which is for profit switching only). The general concept would be:
1) Create the Beam pool just like you did. You should however open the Properties for the pool again and go to the Advanced section and add the additional command line "--ssl 1".
2) Go to the Options dialog, Managed Miner section where you can add a new miner (use the Add button).
3) Specify Gminer as software for the Managed Miner and select your pool.
4) Use the GPU selection to select which GPU's to use for mining by clicking on the Configure button (this will generate the --devices command line automatically)

So the only command line parameter you manually had to enter here was the "--ssl 1" part, required by this specific pool.

Thanks for the reply. I have already done the first part. You mentioned I cannot use my optional command for miners in Managed Profit Miner, but I have set up so many miners with the optional commands with no problem. All of them follow the commands properly. Bminer only follows the optional commands in the execute batch command section. Gminer does not follow the optional commands in any section! Please tell me how I can use them in the Managed Profit Miner with optional commands. Is it the miners' issue or is it because of Awesome miner?
Please take a look at the photos.

https://imgur.com/a/Y9Z3GOk
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2019, 08:33:13 AM
Merited by MoparMiningLLC (1)

So ... I was helping someone with a miner ... and they said they had another miner (s9) that was using "awesome miner"

To my unhappy surprise, I found that "awesome miner" seems to have placed a massive security hole in their miner:
"api-allow" : "W:0/0",

which means anyone with any access to the network the miner is on, can change ANYTHING, including pools being mined to and usernames on the pool
e.g. change it to mine to a bitcoin address on a pool so you can't even track who it was mining to ...

What the original Bitmain (s9) settings are:
"api-groups" : "A:stats:pools:devs:summary:version",
"api-allow" : "A:0/0,W:*",

Which means no one can do any changes, and anyone can ONLY do the reports: stats, pools, devs, summary and version
(also note that W:* is an error and is ignored)

Now while some may think that this is not an issue if their miners are ALL locked away securely behind a perfect firewall, there are also Windows viruses (awesome miner is for windows) that find miners like this and DO change the miner settings like this.

I reference these posts ...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5151878.msg51394035#msg51394035
and
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5151878.msg51384025#msg51384025

Though someone in that thread also made comment about awesome miner creating the problem ...

Edit: so after some more discussion with the person who owns the miner, the problem is that awesome miner defaults to an allows someone to do this.
Thanks for your detailed feedback.

First of all it's important to point out that Awesome Miner doesn't take any action to change the API access parameters on the ASIC by itself. As you know, almost all ASIC miners are by default running with Restricted API access, only allowing external applications to monitor the mining. This is also the case when you add your miners to Awesome Miner. As you pointed out in your Edit, Awesome Miner do however provide a feature where the user can make changes to the API access configuration.

For users that want to make operations on their ASIC miners via Awesome Miner, it's possible to use a feature called Configure API Access where the user can tell Awesome Miner to update the API access settings (api-allow). The user is given the option to select from where connections should be allowed. Either from any IP address or from a specific IP address (or range of IP addresses). There is also one single example on this screen - illustrating how to configure access for local network IP addresses only. In addition, there is a link to our web site where we give several examples of how to configure the API to only allow connections from specific IP addresses.

So from a user interface point of view, we try to suggest how the feature can be used. It's however true that the box selected by default is "Any IP address", and it's of course possible to discuss if that's a good decision. At the same time, given that we present a single example configuration, with limited IP access, and the user still decide to go for "Any IP address", it also indicates that some users just want things to work without having to spend 30 more seconds to make it more secure.

Keep in mind that it's surprisingly common that users leave their ASIC miners running with default web passwords, and I assume that for a user that is fine with running with default web passwords also would be fine with running with "Any IP Address" for the API. Just like Awesome Miner provides the feature to Configure API Access, it also provides features to update the web passwords for many miners to get a non-default password. The bottom line is that Awesome Miner is a toolbox of features that allows you to do operations that both can be used to make your miners more secure, but also less secure.

If you get virus on the Awesome Miner computer and you configured the Cgminer API to only allow privileged API access from this single IP address - you would still be in trouble. If you leave the Cgminer API with the default settings to only allow monitoring, you will be safe. This is also the default when you use Awesome Miner with an ASIC.

I do agree that Awesome Miner could be improved to be better at promoting secure configurations.

For the posts you are referring to it's also interesting to see that it happens to be Whatsminer ASIC. In the past I almost suspected that these ASICs were delivered miners with api-allow set to "W:0/0" from the factory, although I've never been able to confirm that. Also, the feature in Awesome Miner for setting API Access is only designed for Antminers.

Thanks!

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2019, 08:40:22 AM

Hi, I am using Awesome miner and Gminer to mine Beam on Leafpool. If I download the Gminer and run the bat file with this command line, there would be no issue (miner.exe --algo 150_5 --server beam-eu.leafpool.com --port 3333 --ssl 1 --user Wallet.User --devices 0 3 4 5). But my issue is with Gminer and Awesome miner. I have added Leafpool to the pool list of Awesome miner and assigned the Gminer to mine equihash 150.5 for Beam. The thing is Gminer follows the pool setting parameters of the pool list, not the additional command arguments! If I put the command in that section, the CMD window gets appear and disappear in a second without showing me and error. If I put the commands in execute batch command section before running the Gminer, miner runs, but it does not read those commands, and only follows the pool setting parameters. I want to the Gminer in Awesome miner to follow my commands, specifically I want it to use Cuda devices only, but it selects both AMD and Nvidia cards at the same time. It does not follow --devices 0 3 4 5 or any optional command.

https://imgur.com/a/48Q5twE
Hi and thanks for your question. If you want to specify mining software and pool yourself you should create a Managed Miner (not a Managed Profit Miner, which is for profit switching only). The general concept would be:
1) Create the Beam pool just like you did. You should however open the Properties for the pool again and go to the Advanced section and add the additional command line "--ssl 1".
2) Go to the Options dialog, Managed Miner section where you can add a new miner (use the Add button).
3) Specify Gminer as software for the Managed Miner and select your pool.
4) Use the GPU selection to select which GPU's to use for mining by clicking on the Configure button (this will generate the --devices command line automatically)

So the only command line parameter you manually had to enter here was the "--ssl 1" part, required by this specific pool.

Thanks for the reply. I have already done the first part. You mentioned I cannot use my optional command for miners in Managed Profit Miner, but I have set up so many miners with the optional commands with no problem. All of them follow the commands properly. Bminer only follows the optional commands in the execute batch command section. Gminer does not follow the optional commands in any section! Please tell me how I can use them in the Managed Profit Miner with optional commands. Is it the miners' issue or is it because of Awesome miner?
Please take a look at the photos.

https://imgur.com/a/Y9Z3GOk
Awesome Miner will automatically add all command line parameters needed for the profit switcher or for the specific pool you have configured. In this case you are adding your own command line parameters in addition to what Awesome Miner add, so you will end up having two parameters specifying the pool for example.

Some mining software might pick your parameters and it might work anyway, while others will not work at all or use the parameters that Awesome Miner defined. The issue is that you will most likely end up with duplicated command line arguments so it's really difficult to tell what will happen.

You can start the miner with the Diagnostics button in the toolbar to see the complete command line used to launch the mining software. You will see what Awesome Miner is adding here and you will also see the additional command line arguments you added. I think you will see many duplicates here, so my recommendation is still to let Awesome Miner setup most parameters for you and you only have to add anything extra you would like to see there.

cryptochristo

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 12:01:56 PM

Anyone know how to monitor my hiveos rigs that are running GMiner? I add them as external miners but AM says it cannot connect. I think I need to specify the default ports when adding in Awesome Miner... no idea what they are.  Thanks
joseph32

Activity: 413
Merit: 21

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 01:50:12 AM

Hey Patrik and everyone who knows this too Smiley

Is it somehow possible in AM to dual-mine BTM+ETH with NBminer and will it show the correct stats (both together or separated, it doesnt matter)?
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 02:13:42 AM

Thanks for your detailed feedback.
Firstly, there is a simple fix to this:
AM knows it's own IP address so that should be the default (and normally the only option)

It shouldn't allow W:0/0 ever.
I really can see no reason why anyone would set their miner to W:0/0 unless they have no idea what they are doing, thus defaulting to AM's IP would be the correct answer for the ignorant.
Having it as an 'easy' fix to make your miner wide open to known viruses is REALLY bad and a major security flaw.
(especially since AM is Windows and the known viruses are Windows also)

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2019, 11:55:50 AM

Anyone know how to monitor my hiveos rigs that are running GMiner? I add them as external miners but AM says it cannot connect. I think I need to specify the default ports when adding in Awesome Miner... no idea what they are.  Thanks
Is Gminer started with API enabled? The Gminer process should be started with the following command line, the port number can be anything but you need to use the same in Awesome Miner.
--api 4040

If you add an External Miner in Awesome Miner and select Gminer as software, you can specify the address like: 192.168.0.123:4040

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2019, 11:57:33 AM

Hey Patrik and everyone who knows this too Smiley

Is it somehow possible in AM to dual-mine BTM+ETH with NBminer and will it show the correct stats (both together or separated, it doesnt matter)?
Awesome Miner is currently not able to setup or display dual-mining for NBminer.

trucobit

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 02:56:16 PM

GMiner v1.46 available for download

v1.46
+ added ZelCash Equihash 125,4 algorithm for Nvidia cards
+ improved Grin29 / Swap / Aeternity performance on Nvidia cards, specially on GTX 1080 Ti, also improved hashrate on pool side

Download links:
GitHub: https://github.com/develsoftware/GMinerRelease/releases/tag/1.46
cryptochristo

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 03:15:11 PM

Is Gminer started with API enabled? The Gminer process should be started with the following command line, the port number can be anything but you need to use the same in Awesome Miner.
--api 4040

If you add an External Miner in Awesome Miner and select Gminer as software, you can specify the address like: 192.168.0.123:4040

Hmmm... strange I added that in the 'Extra config arguments' section but still awesome miner cant see it
modifiedmee

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 03:42:09 PM

has anyone had an issue with windows where it will not allow the installation of awesome ?
switched on this morning and all of a sudden awesome just stopped working and wouldn't open.
tried to reinstall and it deleted everything and now

it keeps telling me
service 'intelibreeze software maintenance service' could not be installed verify that you have sufficient privileges to install system services

i have updated the registry to apply .msi file to install as administrator but still it doesnt install. 

Laugaricio

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 05:12:38 PM

Hi @patrike, is there any chance of you making support for including balances from exchange accounts using their APIs in Balance tab?

p.s. Keep up the good work.
trucobit

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 10:50:34 PM

Patrike tip in case you decide to put double OC Day / Night

It's just in case you do it. I think that when defining the hours of night and day, only do it in a single place in options. And do not do al-go to al-go.

So in this way changing the time to all OCs at night or day would be done only from one place and not one at a time.

It's just in case you decide to do it. You can add it in Options the choice of night / day schedules.
chuckinsuburbia

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 12:05:23 AM

I've noticed an issue with User-Defined Managed Software for CPU/GPU as it relates to the algorithm/-a parameter.  See below for a log from a Linux agent that shows the command line is missing the "-a m7m" parameter, and therefore fails.  Has anyone else seen this and have an idea how to address it?

Code:
6/20/19 7:51:24 PM.645 [014] [S][ManagedMiner#89 - HMDNoah1 CPU] : Adding pool: stratum+tcp://m7m.mine.ahashpool.com:6033
6/20/19 7:51:24 PM.645 [014] [S]Set execution permission for: /root/AwesomeMinerService/cpuminer-opt-3.9.4-linux_3/cpuminer
6/20/19 7:51:24 PM.651 [014] [S][ManagedMiner#89 - HMDNoah1 CPU] Properties: (WindowMode: ConsoleFormat, EngineType: 20, IsProfitMiner: False)
6/20/19 7:51:24 PM.652 [014] [S][ManagedMiner#89 - HMDNoah1 CPU] ====================================================================================================
6/20/19 7:51:24 PM.652 [014] [S][ManagedMiner#89 - HMDNoah1 CPU] /root/AwesomeMinerService/cpuminer-opt-3.9.4-linux_3/cpuminer  -o stratum+tcp://m7m.mine.ahashpool.com:6033 -u [redacted] -p c=BTC --api-remote -b 0.0.0.0:4030
6/20/19 7:51:24 PM.652 [014] [S][ManagedMiner#89 - HMDNoah1 CPU] ====================================================================================================
6/20/19 7:51:24 PM.757 [014] [S]Set Diagnostics executable: /root/AwesomeMinerService/cpuminer-opt-3.9.4-linux_3/cpuminer
6/20/19 7:51:24 PM.758 [014] [S]Creating start script: /root/AwesomeMinerService/cpuminer-opt-3.9.4-linux_3/awesome-start.sh, Command:
stdbuf -o L "/root/AwesomeMinerService/cpuminer-opt-3.9.4-linux_3/cpuminer"  -o stratum+tcp://m7m.mine.ahashpool.com:6033 -u [redacted] -p c=BTC --api-remote -b 0.0.0.0:4030 &> "/root/AwesomeMinerService/diag.txt"

Pages: « 1 ... 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 [492] 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 ... 646 »
  Print  

Jump to: