Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:36:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 386 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HYP] HyperStake | Generous Reward Staking | Advanced Staking Controls & Wallet  (Read 679271 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 09:19:42 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2014, 10:31:30 PM by presstab

oh snap!

Thats not fair! Push it!

Well I have only written the code for "< amount" so you aren't missing out on too much yet. I'll get the rest of the code populated soon though.

I keep telling myself that I will release a wallet and then I keep wanting to push it one step further.

Edit - Just cranked it out. Here is the commit https://github.com/presstab/HyperStake/commit/60b53e5d1eda7aeef748018ef4e16f3c518d6662

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kingpin69

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 11:22:41 PM

oh snap!

Thats not fair! Push it!

Well I have only written the code for "< amount" so you aren't missing out on too much yet. I'll get the rest of the code populated soon though.

I keep telling myself that I will release a wallet and then I keep wanting to push it one step further.

Edit - Just cranked it out. Here is the commit https://github.com/presstab/HyperStake/commit/60b53e5d1eda7aeef748018ef4e16f3c518d6662

Great work, all these new features being developed at a high rate kudos to you presstab.

Looking forward to the official release of the new wallet and the continued success of the coin
Tranz
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 01:21:57 AM

I know the feeling!

I think you might like this one.
https://github.com/Tranz5/HoboNickels/commit/427ebdae3c04e3580d7f1dbc0b099b586465ad8d

I took your stake for charity gui addition and added to it. Now it is fully multi-wallet compatible, and deeply ingrained in the gui.

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
Bawaler

Activity: 87

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 01:22:28 AM

Very nice unique features  Cool

⌘ This ain't just a symbol of a PoI ⌘
I recommend Yourserver.se VPS for hosting, pay with BTC.
SuperSeedlingMiner

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 01:55:39 AM

hey guys,

im having a hard time to sync this wallet. i let it run for an hour or so to sync and never gets past 29% or so.

i have closed it and restarted the wallet about 6 or 7 times because ive read that had worked for some people still gets stuck syncing forever.

im using v1.0.4 i also found v1.0.3 (i deleted all the appdata/roaming/hyperstake files and tried again with the older version) has same result.

Now another weird thing is that when i re-open the wallet it shows its all the way to 60-70% done then randomly reverts itself back to 30% and still says syncing....

any advice. ?
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 03:17:26 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2014, 07:14:47 AM by presstab

hey guys,

im having a hard time to sync this wallet. i let it run for an hour or so to sync and never gets past 29% or so.

i have closed it and restarted the wallet about 6 or 7 times because ive read that had worked for some people still gets stuck syncing forever.

im using v1.0.4 i also found v1.0.3 (i deleted all the appdata/roaming/hyperstake files and tried again with the older version) has same result.

Now another weird thing is that when i re-open the wallet it shows its all the way to 60-70% done then randomly reverts itself back to 30% and still says syncing....

any advice. ?

The client has a bug from trk where it gets stuck on block 21000 and 21500.  Usually restarting the client is enough to get it started back syncing. If this doesn't work look at the OP for my bootstrap file. Download it and out it into appdata with everything else in /HyperStake deleted. Start up the client from terminal using the switch I posted in the OP.  It will sync the client with the bootstrap when its on the splash screen. Leave it bootstrapping and don't click the splash screen because it might crash.  It might take 20 minutes or so but just be patient.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 06:57:45 AM

I know the feeling!

I think you might like this one.
https://github.com/Tranz5/HoboNickels/commit/427ebdae3c04e3580d7f1dbc0b099b586465ad8d

I took your stake for charity gui addition and added to it. Now it is fully multi-wallet compatible, and deeply ingrained in the gui.

I like that. The min and max is a nice feature too. Next step is to get S4C to write to disc and initialize on startup.  Good work Tranz  Grin

SuperSeedlingMiner

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 07:01:34 AM

hey guys,

any advice. ?

The client has a bug from tek where it gets stuck on block 21000 and 21500.  Usually restarting the client is enough to get it started back syncing. If this doesn't work look at the OP for my bootstrap file. Download it and out it into appdata with everything else in /HyperStake deleted. Start up the cient from terminal using the switch I posted in the OP.  It will sync the client with the bootstrap when its on the splash screen. Leave it bootstrapping and don't click the splash screen because it might crash.  It might take 20 minutes or so but just be patient.

thank you !!! the wallet is working properly now
bangersdad

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 09:35:51 AM

Hi Guys,

just after some help please. i downloaded hyp wallet on new machine last night, it was synching fine so i sent some HYP from polo to the new address, then fell asleep. When i woke up my machine had turned itself off and when i reboot and try and run hyperstake-qt it gives me an error saying "error loading blkindex.dat" and the application closes. does anyone have any ideas what may be wrong? i know i was bit stupid to send my coins before it had fully synched, will there be any way to recover them?

thanks in advance for any assistance offered.  Wink
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 11:09:29 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2014, 12:50:12 PM by David Latapie

Another teaser for you all  Wink
and yes... my block of 366 is driving me nuts  Tongue

SELECT is good, but it would be even cooler with a MERGE
SELECT  < 300 ; MERGE into blocks of 1000, for instance.

I like that. The min and max is a nice feature too. Next step is to get S4C to write to disc and initialize on startup.  Good work Tranz  Grin
Yes, good work Tranz!

It is optimal under the assumption that you stake every month. Then, the interest you get will be around 1000 HYP, and so not clipped by the max subsidy.
If you keep larger blocks, but open your wallet more often, then you can keep larger blocks and still not get your interest capped.
If you were to stake after 10 days (so, 1.2 days after the shortest time posssible), you could keep blocks of 4500 or something around that value, since you'll get maybe 20%-25% off that, which is almost 1000. But you get clipped if your block takes a while to stake (and as difficulty gets higher, it tends to go that way).
We are working on a fully-fledged solution, ideally something like a wizard asking you "how often do you plan to open your wallet most of the time"? You enter the value and the wallet automatically optimise your blocks accordingly.

but it has the age column in coin control that moneromooo added which has become an essential piece of information for me
Yes, essential is the word.

Hi Guys,

just after some help please. i downloaded hyp wallet on new machine last night, it was synching fine so i sent some HYP from polo to the new address, then fell asleep. When i woke up my machine had turned itself off and when i reboot and try and run hyperstake-qt it gives me an error saying "error loading blkindex.dat" and the application closes. does anyone have any ideas what may be wrong? i know i was bit stupid to send my coins before it had fully synched, will there be any way to recover them?

thanks in advance for any assistance offered.  Wink
Hi and welcome!
I never experienced this. I'd say: delete all the content of your %Appdata%HyperStake folder (assuming you're on Windows, ~/.HyperStake if you are on Mac or Linux) EXCEPT the wallet and maybe .conf/.config). Then restart and wait for resync (and cancel the autosleep feature on your machine at least until sync is complete).
I guess this was some kind of data corruption at OS level (power out, maybe?), not something related to HYP itself.

I added some more information on the HyperStake Development page: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=722227.msg8595629#msg8595629. Foxy or presstab, just ask me for the password for this account.

I had a great conversation with Trololoh yesterday on ##hyperstake. I will try to sum it up here.

Feature requests

Multi-wallet (à la HBN)
  • makes it easier for one person to cater for various NGO
  • makes it easier for everyone to separate "my wallet" from "tip bot", from "reserve for buying gift for grandma's birthday", "paying IRS"

Stake for Charity
a.k.a "The Caritas Initiative"
Drop-down menu for S4C with headers

-----------------------------------------------
||===========================================||
||                  HYP-centered             ||
|| {*} {x%}        Stacking bounty       (?) ||
|| {*} {x%}        HYP development       (?) ||
|| {*} {x%}           Faucet #1          (?) ||
|| {*} {x%}           Faucet #2          (?) ||
|| {*} {x%}          HyperShield         (?) ||
||                      NGO                  ||
|| {*} {x%}          Red Cross           (?) ||
|| {*} {x%}  Reporters without Borders   (?) ||
|| {*} {x%}  Transparency international  (?) ||
||            Causes of the month            ||
||======================================+====||
|| {*} {x%}    ALS (Icebucket Challenge) (?) ||
|| {*} {x%}     Presstab's birthday      (?) ||
||                    Custom                 ||
|| {*} {x%}       (enter address)        (?) ||
-----------------------------------------------

The "(?)" button leads to a pop-up window wich explains the charity and mention, if necessary, that such charity also donate to another charity (daisy chain charity). For instance "1% of the faucet goes to Red Cross".

For Faucets, the (?) will explain that the faucets are meant to be self-replenishing.

For "(enter address)", people would have a "save" option to permanently save this address, like in the address book. Example: one want to give specifically for the translation in Portuguese, he enters the right address (of course, a bounty address for this must have been generated first)

Finally, one can donate to several charities ({*}) and even decide of the amount (base: 1%, min: 0.25% max: 100%) ({x%})

"Fidelity program": "Dear HYP holder. This is now 14 days you've been staking on a daily basis. Ain't it good to receive daily coins? We propose you to give 1% (or more) of these daily gains to one or more cause(s) of your choice. This will be completely transparent for you, the wallet will handle everything. You can always turn it off later, but remember that a small deed can go a long way."

Catchy names
(a.k.a. brandable names)
Inspiration: Apple with catchy names like "CoreAudio", "Quartz", "Grand Central"
Examples:
  • HyperProof: new stacking code (will require hardwork, not in less than 6 months)
  • HyperShield: voluntary buy wall to enforce a minimal price
  • HyperSpread: the wizard that helps getting new stake every day (people would have it easier giving away 1% of their coins if they stake daily - when you see a daily popup (or even several), you are happier. And when you are happier, you are eager to give some money)
Ideally, people would forget about 750% because the rest of the coin (communication, actions) would overshadow this "issue".

Others
  • IRC chat (like TRK)
  • SMS sending (like MYR)
  • Themable wallet (with CSS)
  • On/off features (with checkboxes, risk of bloating)
"Empower the users, they will reward you"
"Let's reinvent PoS!"

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
bangersdad

Activity: 227

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 04:08:41 PM

Hi Guys,

thanks in advance for any assistance offered.  Wink
Hi and welcome!
I never experienced this. I'd say: delete all the content of your %Appdata%HyperStake folder (assuming you're on Windows, ~/.HyperStake if you are on Mac or Linux) EXCEPT the wallet and maybe .conf/.config). Then restart and wait for resync (and cancel the autosleep feature on your machine at least until sync is complete).
I guess this was some kind of data corruption at OS level (power out, maybe?), not something related to HYP itself.

Thanks David - i deleted everything apart from wallet.dat, and now the wallet runs fine and is synching again   Smiley

presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 04:13:41 PM

David some good ideas.  I like them and think they would be nice to incorporate.

Concerning the merge blocks, I am working on this, but I think I am going to release the wallet as is today and then continue on these improvements for the next release. As discussed in IRC I also want to get the auto split blocks up and running.

Bangersdad, I haven't seen the corrupt blkindex.dat happen on HYP yet, but know that it can and will happen. That is why it is nice to always keep a backup of you  appdata folder every couple of weeks, so that if it does corrupt, you don't need to sync from block 0.

CrazyLoaf

Activity: 763
Merit: 534

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 05:17:06 PM

Can the most recent TRK and HYP releases for the public stake with both open? If not, what fix is required?
liteuser

Activity: 145

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 05:39:02 PM

Can the most recent TRK and HYP releases for the public stake with both open? If not, what fix is required?

I setup a custom port in the TRK conf file just in case:

rpcport=18875
port=18876

The ports just need to be different from the HYP ports.

BTC: 13GtfEPpEiq6jGCFJGCXAUVDehCFVvTaov
http://www.vultr.com/?ref=6838137
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 08:58:03 PM

New Wallet Release v1.0.5 - Not Mandatory, but Very Useful  Grin

Download (Windows): https://github.com/presstab/HyperStake/releases/tag/v1.0.5

New Features to v1.0.5:
- Fix timer bug causing startup fail for certain machines
- add copy txid to transactionview
- add age column in coin control (thanks moneromooo)
- change getmininginfo to include PoS diff
- new set of icons (more in progress for the next release too)
- add maximize window in coin control dialog
- add coin control selection filters
- add potential stake value to coin control
- fix coin control sorting
- add debug shortcut to main toolbar
- add stake % to getstaketx RPC call

Note - the enhanced GUI is not ready for release and is still in the test and refine phase

Screenshots:

cycoinminer

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 09:11:33 PM

New Wallet Release v1.0.5 - Not Mandatory, but Very Useful  Grin

Download (Windows): https://github.com/presstab/HyperStake/releases/tag/v1.0.5

New Features to v1.0.5:
- Fix timer bug causing startup fail for certain machines
- add copy txid to transactionview
- add age column in coin control (thanks moneromooo)
- change getmininginfo to include PoS diff
- new set of icons (more in progress for the next release too)
- add maximize window in coin control dialog
- add coin control selection filters
- add potential stake value to coin control
- fix coin control sorting
- add debug shortcut to main toolbar
- add stake % to getstaketx RPC call

Note - the enhanced GUI is not ready for release and is still in the test and refine phase

Screenshots:

Looking great! HYP is definitely going places with you on board Presstab! Keep up the good work Smiley
CrazyLoaf

Activity: 763
Merit: 534

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 09:14:34 PM

I setup a custom port in the TRK conf file just in case:

rpcport=18875
port=18876

The ports just need to be different from the HYP ports.

Thanks. If I make this change to TRK, do I need to do anything to HYP or can I just leave HYP alone?
Dexpla

Activity: 97

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 09:19:51 PM

Very nice Presstab, the only thing missing which i thought was very useful is the block count in coin control (Tree view) the coin count is there, do you think you could squeeze it in on your next update please.

Also i want to give a % of my stake back to the community, can i have an address? to put into stake for charity (S4C)

Fantastic work, you're the best Dev in town Smiley
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 09:28:01 PM

Very nice Presstab, the only thing missing which i thought was very useful is the block count in coin control (Tree view) the coin count is there, do you think you could squeeze it in on your next update please.

Also i want to give a % of my stake back to the community, can i have an address? to put into stake for charity (S4C)

Fantastic work, you're the best Dev in town Smiley

Dexpla, try selecting the checkbox on tree mode, and then see Quantity updated at the top is the number of blocks.  I can add this on the list for the next one.  Look at the OP there is a bounty address - pAvP3gYfuyDVbUt98ToMbwU9rwEdBV1dHW . As of this week I have that address staking on a 24/7 daemon, which not only rewards our community holdings nicely, but also ensure network stability and transaction times.

presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 09:30:21 PM

I figured I might as well change the OP title with some bragging rights  Grin

Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 386 »
  Print  

Jump to: