Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:29:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 386 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HYP] HyperStake | Generous Reward Staking | Advanced Staking Controls & Wallet  (Read 679263 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 08:26:08 PM

Wow diff is already up to 0.84 !! Pretty high for a PoS coin. This coin is going to become harder and harder to PoS mine overtime because of the expansion of the money supply. And as such, block sizes will need to be increased, potentially to the point that you will have to hit the max reward if you want a timely stake.

And this will influence interest rate limiting money supply and thus controlling inflation and exponential growth. It means that early adopters will benefit from compounding while the diff is low but when it rises they can nevertheless have a good income because of the size of their staking holdings. At this stage the network will be secured enough to be used by merchants who can be interested in staking too.

HYP actually does not have the NovaCoin style interest rate adjustment. So the rate will always be 750% annual regardless of diff. Instead HYP has the maximum subsidy to reduce inflation.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 08:26:20 PM

Hey does anyone know how often richlist is updated? I have a 5k discrepancy between it and my wallet. Thanks.

I think it is live.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
foxy

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 08:28:57 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2014, 08:59:12 PM by foxy

Community Update

Hi everyone! We've had a really good week. I'm doing this update a day earlier than normal because I've got a long weekend planned.

First and foremost, David's hard work and not just a little persistence got us added to Poloniex. I hope all of you are doing some smart trading on there, remember it's a marathon not a sprint Wink
https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_hyp

Poloniex is a good, solid exchange and have made it publicly known that they make every effort to list only legitimate currencies with active, visible developers. They also have a great little
trollbox where you can discuss HYP with other users, or people who may not yet be aware of the project. Already the box has seen our own devs taking part in discussions and answering
questions, so be sure to drop by the trollbox whilst you're trading.

Further to that, David was also able to persuade Poloniex to add a trade analysis feature, which was something that a lot of people appreciated on allcoin. So lots of applause for David and his persuasive
skills this week. Give it a try, still in test stages. https://poloniex.com/tradeHistory#analysis/HYP/BTC

Presstab has been totally slacking. I'm kidding, Presstab has released a new wallet version with lots of new features that you all requested, please keep in mind that you can always demand more of him if you
so choose if there is anything new you'd like to see added to HYP, because there is an updated wallet already in the works that will be uploaded to github as soon as it's been properly tested.

I'm also happy to congratulate bitmaster222 on joining the team, he is already beavering away on our Facebook page. Thanks for that.
https://www.facebook.com/hyperstake

I'm really glad to see all of you guys hanging in, getting involved and reaping the rewards of what was just a fledgling idea just a short while ago. Full speed ahead, guys. Have a great weekend.

https://twitter.com/HyperStake
IRC: ##hyperstake

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
iantunc

Activity: 433

We are the first to program your future (c)

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:33:44 PM

Wow diff is already up to 0.84 !! Pretty high for a PoS coin. This coin is going to become harder and harder to PoS mine overtime because of the expansion of the money supply. And as such, block sizes will need to be increased, potentially to the point that you will have to hit the max reward if you want a timely stake.

And this will influence interest rate limiting money supply and thus controlling inflation and exponential growth. It means that early adopters will benefit from compounding while the diff is low but when it rises they can nevertheless have a good income because of the size of their staking holdings. At this stage the network will be secured enough to be used by merchants who can be interested in staking too.

HYP actually does not have the NovaCoin style interest rate adjustment. So the rate will always be 750% annual regardless of diff. Instead HYP has the maximum subsidy to reduce inflation.

Yes, sorry, I meant the actual interest rate, not the nominal 750% yearly rate. If I'll have a block of 1000 HYP, it will get its max coin age and interest (approx. 2.05% per day) in 30 days (~61% or 610 HYP that is less than max subsidy) but with diff high enough it can potentially stake in 60 days on average (for example) as its weight will be too small in comparison with the net weight. So it will give half of nominal 750% in a year. If I'll try to make a block bigger to stake faster, the max subsidy mechanism will limit the reward. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

HyperStake bootstrap server - hyperstrap.ml
HyperStake supply gain prediction graph - hypsupply.ml
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:36:54 PM

Yes, sorry, I meant the actual interest rate, not the nominal 750% yearly rate. If I'll have a block of 1000 HYP, it will get its max coin age and interest (approx. 2.05% per day) in 30 days (~61% or 610 HYP that is less than max subsidy) but with diff high enough it can potentially stake in 60 days on average (for example) as its weight will be too small in comparison with the net weight. So it will give half of nominal 750% in a year. If I'll try to make a block bigger to stake faster, the max subsidy mechanism will limit the reward. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Ok then you are exactly right.  The effective interest rate will be lowered because in order to compete for a timely stake you may have to use larger block sizes in the future.

iantunc

Activity: 433

We are the first to program your future (c)

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 06:39:03 AM

Ok then you are exactly right.  The effective interest rate will be lowered because in order to compete for a timely stake you may have to use larger block sizes in the future.

I think we can update the thread topic to emphasize that this coin also has the most advanced inflation control mechanism.

HyperStake bootstrap server - hyperstrap.ml
HyperStake supply gain prediction graph - hypsupply.ml
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 06:53:26 AM

I think we can update the thread topic to emphasize that this coin also has the most advanced inflation control mechanism.

I think it premature to say it's the most advanced (though I tend to agree), but it's certainly a novel approach!
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:02:21 PM

I think it premature to say it's the most advanced (though I tend to agree), but it's certainly a novel approach!

Two other coins I know of have a max subsidy, but these coins have not structured the max subsidy small enough to be a primary method of inflation control, just as a safeguard against large supply shocks.

mafort1469

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 03:55:57 AM

Hey press sent you a pm.
cycoinminer

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 11:20:57 AM

Just wanted to let people know about the experiment I was doing with different block sizes.

The largest I staked was 4139 HYP, and it managed to stake very quickly after the 8.8 days, and gave me 781 HYP interest (if anyone wants to figure how long it took from that, be my guest).

The same with my 3471 HYP block, staked quickly giving me 657 HYP.

I'll see what my other wallet managed to stake today when I get my hands on my other PC.

Am I taking a risk, having such a high block? Yes, definitely - as the difficulty ramps up more, I'm getting close to the 1000 HYP limit, BUT, right now, it means I'm getting the interest nearly straight away.
In comparison I've some smaller blocks, around 600 HYP, which are 22 days old, and still haven't staked.

For those of you who want to trade your interest, maybe a larger block is better? All I can say, is that I can't touch my smaller blocks around 600 HYP because the interest I'd loose is way too great (50%) so I have to hold them until they stake - in my case it's not a problem as I'm building my stash. But to others, maybe....
ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 02:38:20 PM

I have few blocks with 950 HYP each and they haven't staked yet They should have staked 4 days ago but I will test the bigger blocks size and see how it will work.

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 05:38:57 PM

Everyone keep monitoring and testing for the best block size and stake times. I recommend using the getstaketx RPC call to grab the stats of each stake. This will be a community project to find where the sweet spot is.

Also I can confirm that Tranz' progress on S4C stores S4C settings in the wallet.dat file, allowing for S4C to be initialized on startup and be switched from system to system without changing any settings. I will get this implemented into HYP hopefully today.  Tranz has done some great work for HBN lately, I recommend following the OP for HBN.

Also ZeeWolf has made some awesome progress on the GUI, I have seen some screenshots and the dark version of the wallet is really cool so far. Its nice to have so many people willing to put their expertise into HYP, it makes it a lot better than the other coins where every other post is a bagholder complaining.

David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 06:40:35 PM

As its shown in the logo and using pol night ui as a template...
HyperBlue !
I like the name Smiley
So default would be "HyperBlue" and the first variant would be "Poloniex". I will ask Poloniex if we can use the name, but I assume it won't be possible, for legal reason (except if they are OK with fair use). So, start looking for an alternative name.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
zakorus

Activity: 736
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:55:53 PM

looks good! Cheesy

▄▀▀▀▄
                  █▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀ ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄
                         █▀▀▀
                        ▄▀▀▀▀
                      ▄▀
                ▄█▀▀▀█▄
                ██████
                ▀█▄▄▄█▀

█████      █████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐█████  █████████
  ███       ███  ▐███▌  ███     ███  ▀▀
  ███       ▐██▌ █████ ▐██▌     █████
  ███  ▄▄▄   ███▐██ ██▌███      ███▀▀
▄▄███▄▄███   ▐████▌ ▐████▌    ▄▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

▄         ▄▄████▄▄▄
███▄     ▐████████▀
 ██████▄▄█████████
▀████████████████▌
  ███████████████
  ▀████████████▀
   ▄▄████████▀
 ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀

▄▄▄
        ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄████▀▀▄███
▀▀████▀ ▄██████
    █ ▄███████
     ███▀█████
           ▀█▌

▄▄▄████▄▄
   ▄████████████▄
 ▄████▀▀██  ▀▀████
 ████▀   ▄▄ ▐█████▌
 ██████▌ ██▀  ▐████
  ████▌   ▄▄ ▐████▌
   ▀█████▄███████▀
     ▀██████▀▀▀

▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
          █  ████
      ▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▀
▄█████████████████▄
▀████▌  ███  ██████
  ███████████████▌
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████
    ▀▀███████▀▀
[/center
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 07:07:13 PM

Poloniex allowed us to use the word Poloniex for a Poloniex-like theme. For the (legal) record:

<davidlatapie>We are going to implement themable wallets, that is, people will be able to choose the appearance of their wallet (only colour themes, at least at first). We are planning to use a Poloniex-like theme, but then comes the matter of the name. Ideally, we would call it "Poloniex" but for legal reasons, it might not be possible, even under fair use.
<OldManKidd> davidlatapie <@busoni> I have no problem with it

This doesn't mean we will ultimately choose this name, though. But I prefer the agreement to be written somewhere.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
zakorus

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 07:15:26 PM

i keep getting stuck syncing Undecided
nvm fixed

▄▀▀▀▄
                  █▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀ ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄
                         █▀▀▀
                        ▄▀▀▀▀
                      ▄▀
                ▄█▀▀▀█▄
                ██████
                ▀█▄▄▄█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

▄         ▄▄████▄▄▄
███▄     ▐████████▀
 ██████▄▄█████████
▀████████████████▌
  ███████████████
  ▀████████████▀
   ▄▄████████▀
 ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀

▄▄▄
        ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄████▀▀▄███
▀▀████▀ ▄██████
    █ ▄███████
     ███▀█████
           ▀█▌

▄▄▄████▄▄
   ▄████████████▄
 ▄████▀▀██  ▀▀████
 ████▀   ▄▄ ▐█████▌
 ██████▌ ██▀  ▐████
  ████▌   ▄▄ ▐████▌
   ▀█████▄███████▀
     ▀██████▀▀▀

▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
          █  ████
      ▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▀
▄█████████████████▄
▀████▌  ███  ██████
  ███████████████▌
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████
    ▀▀███████▀▀
[/center
foxy

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 07:27:20 PM

I'd love calling it poloniex. all hail night mode

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
zakorus

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 08:45:14 PM

anyone reading this. I LOVE YOU! because people need to hear that they are loved!

▄▀▀▀▄
                  █▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀ ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄
                         █▀▀▀
                        ▄▀▀▀▀
                      ▄▀
                ▄█▀▀▀█▄
                ██████
                ▀█▄▄▄█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

▄         ▄▄████▄▄▄
███▄     ▐████████▀
 ██████▄▄█████████
▀████████████████▌
  ███████████████
  ▀████████████▀
   ▄▄████████▀
 ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀

▄▄▄
        ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄████▀▀▄███
▀▀████▀ ▄██████
    █ ▄███████
     ███▀█████
           ▀█▌

▄▄▄████▄▄
   ▄████████████▄
 ▄████▀▀██  ▀▀████
 ████▀   ▄▄ ▐█████▌
 ██████▌ ██▀  ▐████
  ████▌   ▄▄ ▐████▌
   ▀█████▄███████▀
     ▀██████▀▀▀

▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
          █  ████
      ▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▀
▄█████████████████▄
▀████▌  ███  ██████
  ███████████████▌
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████
    ▀▀███████▀▀
[/center
CrazyLoaf

Activity: 763
Merit: 534

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 08:47:23 PM

HyperLight and HyperNight as the two theme names perhaps? Wink
Tranz
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 09:27:46 PM

Everyone keep monitoring and testing for the best block size and stake times. I recommend using the getstaketx RPC call to grab the stats of each stake. This will be a community project to find where the sweet spot is.

Also I can confirm that Tranz' progress on S4C stores S4C settings in the wallet.dat file, allowing for S4C to be initialized on startup and be switched from system to system without changing any settings. I will get this implemented into HYP hopefully today.  Tranz has done some great work for HBN lately, I recommend following the OP for HBN.

Also ZeeWolf has made some awesome progress on the GUI, I have seen some screenshots and the dark version of the wallet is really cool so far. Its nice to have so many people willing to put their expertise into HYP, it makes it a lot better than the other coins where every other post is a bagholder complaining.

Thanks sir!

I have moved this and block browser into CAPs today. It is one big commit, but it should fit better into HYP then the HBN commits.

https://github.com/Tranz5/bottlecaps/commit/e1d17f03f00e70a5d54ff5eff9bc00c22468c157
https://github.com/Tranz5/bottlecaps/commit/5f662c81965dfed70da7f63af950b639b3fa4985

Use as you like. I do suggest using this version of the Block Browser though. As the other coins didn't work very well at all.  At least IMO.

Oh I do plan to play with and use some of your Coin Control updates.  Wink  Very good stuff!

Good luck!

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 386 »
  Print  

Jump to: