Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:32:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 386 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HYP] HyperStake | Generous Reward Staking | Advanced Staking Controls & Wallet  (Read 679271 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Trololoh

Activity: 461
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:07:35 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2014, 09:28:02 PM by Trololoh

my wallet doesn't sync, stuck at block 90900 ( new install) i'm using win 7 64biti

I set one up yesterday on Win7 64. It wouldn't sync until I added a HyperStake.conf file, although restarts seemed to help nudge it along part way.

I thought the suggested conf file was on the OP here, but I don't see it today. Perhaps it is being edited/updated or I have just forgotten where to find it.

Anyway, the conf file I found yesterday included:

addnode=192.241.233.70
addnode=104.131.135.232

I'm guessing that the addnodes were the key to syncing.

This is interesting, using the block explorer as a DNS seed should prevent any need to use a .conf. Wonder why it is acting up?

Maybe a red herring. I just did this:

1. Shut down a synced version that was using the .conf file, was on block 112150 and had 12 connections.
2. Renamed the .conf file so it wouldn't be found.
3. Restarted qt (as admin) with no .conf file.

It synced right away, and is showing block 112152 and 10 connections after spending a minute or three with one connection.

Magic.                Wink

Addnode is doing what it says, it adds given nodes to your nodes pool which are in a file called peers.dat.
When a client appears to be stuck either you wait a little or try a re-start as you did.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tranz
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:13:50 PM

One suggestion for the wallet - would it be possible to set it up so when sending blocks to yourself, you don't have to type your passphrase every time? (obviously for only encrypted wallets)

Mine's a long one, and it gets tiresome doing it every time Smiley

rpc command walletpassphrase<password> 9999999

If you don't set the final argument to true it is not set of unlock mint only and will not require password when sending. After done, just lock the wallet and then use the normal wallet unlock feature, to require password again.

Some coins have this options as a checkbox in the gui for unlock. So it will either unlock for mint only, or unlock everything.

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 11:32:00 PM

You can use the sendmany rpc command. Or Just click the plus sign(add recipient) on send coins tab.
Good catch but it doesn't scale well.
Say you bought 100k and you are creating blocks of 1.6k. This is 62 recipients.

I think the question is how can we make blocks of the size we want and do it repeatedly to the same address....hopefully with a few clicks instead of many for each block sent to ourselves.

I already have this RPC call that does this but I have it commented out because its not complete. It is a loop that creates several transactions to the same address of a user defined size.  Problem is when it loops through I need to program it to discriminate which block it is splitting each time. Once I solve this it will be golden.
If you can fix the RPC call and then port it to GUI, that would be really neat for new adopters and for Hypiggy.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
Mig-23
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 01:22:36 AM

actually my target market is for newbie,..
 if the dev provide complete informations in one place,,.how to get started,how to buy ..etc
i'm sure  i will get new buyer here..its easy for me
like i said most of my friends is the player in online business,.but they don't know anything about crypto/hyperstake.
its hard for me to explain them..
for the dev,maybe this is the best time to modify your site..
HYPster

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 02:14:42 AM

One suggestion for the wallet - would it be possible to set it up so when sending blocks to yourself, you don't have to type your passphrase every time? (obviously for only encrypted wallets)

Mine's a long one, and it gets tiresome doing it every time

It is being worked on as the last wallet version you could just unlock wallet (not just for POS) and then you could send whatever to whomever and not have to enter your passphrase everytime. Presstab is working on this currently. I currently use the last wallet version (1.0.6) if I want to combine blocks to maximize stake. Then once all have been combined, I close it down and open version 1.0.6.5 and unlock for POS only. Works great so my suggestion would be to do the same until next version when this will be corrected.
CiZ

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

HyperStake Member

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 02:20:20 AM

actually my target market is for newbie,..
 if the dev provide complete informations in one place,,.how to get started,how to buy ..etc
i'm sure  i will get new buyer here..its easy for me
like i said most of my friends is the player in online business,.but they don't know anything about crypto/hyperstake.
its hard for me to explain them..
for the dev,maybe this is the best time to modify your site..
+1

most of my friends is the player in online business,.but they don't know anything about crypto/hyperstake.
+Inf.  Cheesy

.I'm CiZ my HyperStake Member.
mtwelve
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 02:22:53 AM

What do you guys think of this usage scenario for my needs..

I can get around $100 of BTC a week, and I would like to start with a $500 investment in HYP (already have $40, staking away Smiley

I would like to take advantage of the 20% every 10 days, essentially use at as allowance. The $100 a week would go straight to the HYP.  What do you guys think? Does HYP have the liquidity for this?

ALSO

Is there a calculator I could use for this to see some projected earnings?

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
Cor2

Activity: 595
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 05:29:38 AM

There is no point in splitting smaller than about 4000 since the wallet will split anyway every time it stakes, so all you want to avoid is that the stake size is higher than 1000, which means about 4000 input size.
That means that you need to split the initial input over 4 addresses + change (5x 20k)
and then each of those 5 inputs split again over 4 addresses + change 5x 5x 4k. Ready, just 6 transfers.
You only need to create 3 extra addresses in your wallet and also set the "change" address to one of your wallet addresses.
I have done this same for other coins that needed to be split in far smaller portions, so at one point I had over 1500 inputs
in one wallet, about half of them staking (that wallet caused a lot of computer load). I guess Presstab knows what I mean, although
he would be able to recombine inputs for his 1mio coins and only have 250 inputs of 4k.

SYNC: Sd3XBRmhrrr39Wj4rtjb3YAkwWvCze44BZ                    ORB: odyWi677JDQy7Gc6Nv6kCdnajmScqgTkDE       Honest pools (payout matching calculation):
TransferWise: International money transfer for 1%fee        Doge to the moon! D9FGY7Bhwbj2jrnk7v8VR47HTu7vfVu1gV         Nut2pools and Steadymining
iantunc

Activity: 433

We are the first to program your future (c)

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:05:07 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2014, 06:19:35 AM by iantunc

What do you guys think of this usage scenario for my needs..

I can get around $100 of BTC a week, and I would like to start with a $500 investment in HYP (already have $40, staking away Smiley

I would like to take advantage of the 20% every 10 days, essentially use at as allowance. The $100 a week would go straight to the HYP.  What do you guys think? Does HYP have the liquidity for this?

$100 is around 10k HYP now, and the daily volume is about 100k. Just try to sell in a number of small orders through a week if you can.

Is there a calculator I could use for this to see some projected earnings?

It will be on our site when it will be launched. You can calculate your projected earnings by hands using this formula:
total earnings = initial amount*(0.0205*interval)*number of intervals
where interval is your projected time to get reward (e.g. 10 days), and 0.0205 is the daily percentage multiplier.  

HyperStake bootstrap server - hyperstrap.ml
HyperStake supply gain prediction graph - hypsupply.ml
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:06:46 AM

There is no point in splitting smaller than about 4000 since the wallet will split anyway every time it stakes, so all you want to avoid is that the stake size is higher than 1000, which means about 4000 input size.
That means that you need to split the initial input over 4 addresses + change (5x 20k)
and then each of those 5 inputs split again over 4 addresses + change 5x 5x 4k. Ready, just 6 transfers.
You only need to create 3 extra addresses in your wallet and also set the "change" address to one of your wallet addresses.
I have done this same for other coins that needed to be split in far smaller portions, so at one point I had over 1500 inputs
in one wallet, about half of them staking (that wallet caused a lot of computer load). I guess Presstab knows what I mean, although
he would be able to recombine inputs for his 1mio coins and only have 250 inputs of 4k.

Right now my biggest input is 3364 HYP. I am collecting a large supply of smaller blocks under 1k. I am thinking that having lots of small blocks might be better in some respects. Staking is based off of hashing the information of each block. The more inputs you are hashing, the more likely you will hit the target. At least that is what I am thinking at this point. Also I don't mind having a higher wallet weight.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
cycoinminer

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 08:34:51 AM

Right now my biggest input is 3364 HYP. I am collecting a large supply of smaller blocks under 1k. I am thinking that having lots of small blocks might be better in some respects. Staking is based off of hashing the information of each block. The more inputs you are hashing, the more likely you will hit the target. At least that is what I am thinking at this point. Also I don't mind having a higher wallet weight.

Presstab - I think it's great you're keeping a lot of small blocks in your wallet personally - as the largest holder, you have the greatest influence essentially in how many HYP are mined per day.
So, if you're only earning a small amount of HYP per block, and you're taking around 5-6% of the day's blocks (at an estimate) then effectively you're helping keep inflation lower, as only 960 blocks per day can stake.

Nice work Smiley
CryptoCurrencyInc.com

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 08:49:20 AM

How often is this coin staking?

If someone have 2000 coins, after he waited 9 days.
is it staking once every 9 days? or is it staking daily?

╓▄▌██P                   
                                                 ╔▄▌███▀███▌                   
                                           ▄▄▌██▀▀╚  ╓██╩██                     
                                     ▄▄███▀▀╙      ▄██  ▓█                     
                               ▄▌███▀▀+          ▄█▀   ▐█                       
                        ,▄▌███▀▀¬              ▓█▀     █▄                       
                  ,▄▌███▀▀                  ,██▀      █▌                       
               '█████▌▄▄,                 ╓██╩       ██                         
                  ▀██▌▐▀▀▀█████▌▌▄▄╓    ▄██¬        ▄█                         
                     ▀██▄        ╚▀▀▀████          ▐█═                         
                        ▀██▄        ▓█▀██          █▀                           
                           ▀██▄  ,██▀   █µ        ██                           
                              ▀███Z     ██       ██                             
                                ▐██     ▐█      ▄█                             
                              ,,╓╓█▓▄▌   █▌    ▐█U                             
                        º▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   ▀█    █▌                               
                          ▀█▓▓▓▓▓████▀█▌  █▌  ██                               
                            ▀███████▌  ▀█µ▀█ ██                                 
                              ▀█████     ███▓█                                 
                                ▐███      ▀██Ñ                                 
                                            ▀                             

HunterS

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 08:54:40 AM

Im no expert but I think once block stakes it makes to new blocks of roughly equal size and you need wait for stake age again

cycoinminer

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 09:11:19 AM

Im no expert but I think once block stakes it makes to new blocks of roughly equal size and you need wait for stake age again

As an example....
If your block stakes after 9 days (it could be 10, 11, 12 - it's partly luck, partly due to the weight of your block, partly due to the network difficulty)
Then you'll be awarded with the interest, lets say in this case it was 500 HYP
In total you now have 2500 HYP.
The wallet will now split this into 2 equal sized blocks, so now you have:
2 Blocks of 1250 HYP each.

I hope that helps.
akula999

Activity: 509

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 10:14:51 AM

Well, I don't know how the math works here, but the last stake I received was 9/22.
I've combined some of my 400 Blocks into one 1600 block of HYP. I left 1 block size of around 400 HYP which is on age 19 days. So far, nothing has staked. And yes, wallet is unlocked and on the latest version Smiley
However, it always says estimated time to reward is 1 day.

Bitcoin: 1FzZehkiwfeeUmfmBrym8VvXX7gUj3miHe
XMR: 4AqrzGPfEKeZrVXyPDNXUrNeKZZGNYiXMDoY49PvdffKNTRg6xp2Qz74SZ72gT5F9HH8Vaic99ndRg6 UBGcVijaNStQjwwf
cycoinminer

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 10:25:22 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2014, 10:43:46 AM by cycoinminer

Well, I don't know how the math works here, but the last stake I received was 9/22.
I've combined some of my 400 Blocks into one 1600 block of HYP. I left 1 block size of around 400 HYP which is on age 19 days. So far, nothing has staked. And yes, wallet is unlocked and on the latest version Smiley

If you've set up Coin Control, then you can look at a couple of important indicators as to when you're going to stake, yet I've had other blocks that have staked with a much lower weight!

Under the "Weight" column, as a general rule, the higher the weight, the more chance that particular block has of staking.

Personally I'm looking at some blocks now that are over 10,000 weight and they're still trying to stake.

You've also got to consider that if your blocks are too small (I have one at 245 HYP and it's not staked in over 2 months), then, it may never gain enough weight to ever stake. For example, after 30 days, your block stops gaining weight. (Weight is defined by taking the block size, and multiplying it by the time passed after 8.8 days, so a 400 Block after 9.8days would be worth a weight of 400, after 10.8 days worth 800 weight)..... someone correct me if my math is slightly out, but a 400 Block can only gain weight of 8480? (30 days - 8.8 days x 400)

BUT, unless you're desperate to sell, it doesn't really matter when the blocks actually stake. You're still gaining interest every single day that passes - as long as the particular block eventually stakes.

So, I don't know when you combined your blocks of 400 into a single 1600 block, but whenever you resize blocks, it resets the days staked back to 0.

Your 1600 block should stake soon, your block of 400 could take a fair amount of time. Just leave your wallet open 24/7 to be in with more of a chance.

PS - is this page 100? Oh yessssss !  Grin

I'd say that's pretty good going to go 100 pages with next to no haters, fud, or general problems!
HYP is going places, and it's great to be on board Smiley
iantunc

Activity: 433

We are the first to program your future (c)

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 10:58:18 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2014, 02:06:28 PM by iantunc

I had a block of 300 HYP not a long time ago that staked almost instantly, but the difficulty was slightly lower. There is a possibility to find a right hash on the first try, as well as a possibility to find it on the millionth one. The process of hashing (bytes mixing) is random, but the older your block is (i.e. has more weight), the more probability for a hash to meet special requirements (hash < target bits * weight, where the target is inverse to the difficulty).

HyperStake bootstrap server - hyperstrap.ml
HyperStake supply gain prediction graph - hypsupply.ml
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 03:29:29 PM

Bottom-Up Promotion

Here's something I think we should do as a community, and it's a route of marketing that a lot of coins seem to ignore.

We need to focus on social media, sharing, etc. sites on a country-by-country (geographical region) basis. Try to find the Facebook, Twitter, or what have you social media site for that area and build tipping and sharing bots for them. HYPbots perhaps? Wink

I'm willing to donate to bounties for the necessary technology, and I'm sure others are willing to pitch in to. The same can be said of Community Management Groups for each of these sites/regions.

Let's start brainstorming! Smiley

This coin is still tiny and can grow exponentially...
But listing on Cryptsy adds nothing since all the HBN, CAP, TEK enthusiasts are already in HYP.

You gotta get listed on BTER and get indigenous Chinese support...
That's where the growth is... could probably more than double the cap with China promotion.

But really it's still an incremental advance over HBN, CAP, etc
Most of this thread is about people debating the correct block size and devs posting ultra-technical stuff...
*** That's as far away from mainstream as you can get, it's math geek territory ***...
And I'm speaking as a software engineer for > 20 years and pro trader.

Also, nobody seems to have the foggiest idea what the actual return is...
Or where the coin will stabilize in terms of realistic long-term return...
And 2 days ago network weight doubled and then halved in a matter of hours (??).

Yes, I know it's experimental...

But unless a lot of these things are clarified...
And to quote John Tuld in Margin Call,

"“Speak to me as you would a small child, or a golden retriever,”...

If you cannot explain something to a 10 year old it cannot go mainstream...
So it all needs to be explained on Page One with a clear WhitePaper, maybe (eventually)...
Not conflicting information buried all over the place.
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 04:28:33 PM

This coin is still tiny and can grow exponentially...
But listing on Cryptsy adds nothing since all the HBN, CAP, TEK enthusiasts are already in HYP.

Cryptsy would be helpful, because afterall it is the largest exchange. Don't know if it would add significantly more volume, but the more exposure the better in my opinion.

You gotta get listed on BTER and get indigenous Chinese support...
That's where the growth is... could probably more than double the cap with China promotion.

Best type of marketing is grass roots style marketing.

Most of this thread is about people debating the correct block size and devs posting ultra-technical stuff...

Hmmm that is my favorite part about HYP.

Also, nobody seems to have the foggiest idea what the actual return is...

The return is 750% annual or 2.0548% each day. This is not variable, the only way the return gets changed is if you are staking at the max reward. Average block reward is in the mid 300's right now, so safe to assume that almost everybody is getting this rate.

Or where the coin will stabilize in terms of realistic long-term return...
And 2 days ago network weight doubled and then halved in a matter of hours (??).

Nobody knows where the exchange rate of any coin will go. I wish I did Smiley

About diff, yes I think the network is still maturing. It is still quite young. We need more blocks to fill in and even out the staking.  Over time as more coins are added to the coin supply it should raise the difficulty in the long run, and hopefully this will mean more stable and predictable difficulty.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
Reez

Activity: 381
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 04:50:51 PM

hello guys where can i find some nodes? my wallet wont sync.
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 386 »
  Print  

Jump to: