Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 01:25:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 309 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★  (Read 825829 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
wood7

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 10:49:05 AM

the coin are just replace the ltcoin,lol
VIAconBTC

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 10:50:30 AM

Just checked on my pool...my little 290s are hummin' along and makin' viacoin. Y'all have a good Monday, gonna be a great week!
studio1one

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

BintexFutures

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 11:20:03 AM

which pool has most hashes?

BINTEX

Powered by,
wessMiner

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 11:24:11 AM

Very new in this and I would appreciate your help to get started.

My very good friend will be busy with other stuff and willing to give me his 10GH scrypt miner rig and I thought I would start mining viacoin, this seems the best digital currency right now. I have zero experience in mining, would you let me know, should I set the Viacoin mining settings on the sgminer or the mining pool will take care of that and points to the viacoin blockchain? If the latest is the case and  if I don't use a mining pool then how can I make sure I am mining viacoin and not something else?
sdersdf2

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 11:34:06 AM

This my personnel opinion : As much as I know btcdrak ,I Know him as a very good person and very smart and clever DEv,So plz everyone give him some time and have some faith on him,I believe he will take via coin on-top of 10 crypto-currency.

Nb:Sharing one secret:He is well known in our "Exchange Developer community".

And who are you?

You're friendly neighborhood newbie-man.
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 11:44:53 AM

I just added RSS to the blog as requested by many.
tobeaj2mer01
Legendary

Activity: 1098

Angel investor.

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 11:54:58 AM

Who is dumping VIA, price in exchange keeps going down these two days...

Sirx: SQyHJdSRPk5WyvQ5rJpwDUHrLVSvK2ffFa
tobeaj2mer01
Legendary

Angel investor.

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:00:00 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2014, 12:30:33 PM by tobeaj2mer01

OK, so there is no answer from the DEV to my questions about the ClearingHouse. It seems no ClearingHouse, only empty promises in the introduction about the blockchain 2 technology to create an IPO hype. The lack of answer on the topic indicates to me anyone who believes the dev can deliver a blockchain 2 tech is delusional.

I would have an other question. How the exchanges could add ViaCoin without having an open sourced code base? Isn't it open source software required for new coins to get listed on the exchange? And that leads to my final question, when the source code will be published?

Or maybe the dev just chooses not to answer.  This doesn't mean we're all fucked.  The reasons I bet on btcdrak/viacoin are because a.) I think the idea is brilliant, b.) btcdrak has a solid reputation and c.) everything he's delivered so far has had A+ execution (i.e. a practically flawless ipo, easily one of the best i've seen to date).  While he hasn't delivered Clearing House yet, there are a couple of key reasons why I believe that he will (see b. and c.)  Also keep in mind, him not discussing the road map just yet does not in any way affect how I feel about either b. or c.  

Also, Darkcoin from what I understand is not completely open sourced, however they've had (or intend to, I haven't kept up on it) privacy advocate and developer Kristov Atlas review their code.  

You could be right and that will be great if the dev can deliver the blockchain 2 tech.

Actually the source code is in a public repository at https://github.com/viacoin/viacoin so I apologize for talking complete nonsense (other they I already saw it just completely forgot about it in this Monday morning).

No offense, but you are not the first one I've seen that conveniently "forgot" something that looked a lot like FUD, then retracted it shortly after.

Whatever, by cheap, poker strategies, trust me I get it, but too much FUD will kill the best coin. Take it easy and just set low buys for natural dips, don't always try to force panic dumps, you might be shooting yourself in the foot (and all other investors too)

You are absolutely right, but I can clarify that no FUD was intended. The source code is indeed in the public repo and no doubt the dev is very knowledgeable and knows what he is doing. The blockchain 2 aka ClearinHouse a different issue and very hard task regardless how good the dev is.

My apologizes again for bringing up completely unnecessarily the source code question.

@DEV, could you give an answer to this guy?

AltcoinRambo

Activity: 148

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:10:55 PM

This my personnel opinion : As much as I know btcdrak ,I Know him as a very good person and very smart and clever DEv,So plz everyone give him some time and have some faith on him,I believe he will take via coin on-top of 10 crypto-currency.

I share your opinion wholeheartedly.
tobeaj2mer01
Legendary

Angel investor.

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:17:40 PM

I share your opinion wholeheartedly.

Good, if DEV shares some materials even a summary regarding ClearingHouse, it is better, I invested many BTC so just a little concern...

btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:18:17 PM

Viacoin is about practical innovation and building upon already proven concepts. I am excited to be doing this, and I am really excited so many people believe in and share this vision.

I understand everyone’s impatience: Day traders are looking for hype to trade on; peoples’ attention spans are short and they want instant gratification.

So let's put things in perspective:

- We're only just starting the 4th day since launch and there are several fundamental things which need to be addressed: like fixing bugs in Vialectrum; subreddit theme design; FB page and so forth (we’re looking for volunteers).
  - I spent a long time yesterday fixing and upgrading the Vialectrum wallet and will spend more time today getting it compiled and tested.
@Reorder has been working on the Mac version and there is a preliminary test version available here. If anyone wants to test, specifically on Mac OSX Mavricks. If transactions still show up as unverified you may need to delete your /Users/yourname/.vialectrum/blockchain_headers. Please let me know if that is the case via the issue tracker.
  - I also spent some time setting up a more modern realtime block explorer at http://explorer.viacoin.org/

If you follow https://twitter.com/viacoin you’ll most definitely see how fast paced things are moving. You are also most welcome to participate in our  online chatroom.

Developers
I am currently in talks to take on new developers, but I think it's better to give you news when there is actual news.

3rd Party Projects
If people want to advertise 3rd party projects for Viacoin, may I suggest you frequent the Viacoin subreddit. It creates confusion if those are posted in this ANN. The exceptions are mainly mining pools and exchanges which I will add to the OP. Charlie is also setting up a separate forum for Viacoin (thanks Charlie!)

ANN
Let’s confine this thread to the subject of the ANN only. I have updated the rules in post #2 after the OP.

Viacoin is not a flash in the pan, neither is it vaporware. It is not a "coin for hype", which are coins created for the exclusive purpose of creating a temporary market based on some hype factor.

We will publish periodic updates, and news when there is news. I believe people's confidence will grow more and more in Viacoin as time goes by which is the best and most healthy way for any ecosystem to grow. The price will fluctuate according to market forces, that is what free markets are about. But we’re not going to deliberately use news posts as a way to manipulate the price. I understand this is not the norm for altcoins on BCT so it might take a little getting used to Wink

More information about the Viacoin vision is available at this blog post.

Thank you for your patience, support and understanding.

BTCDrak
Viacoin Founder
PhilippeStevens

Activity: 214

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:21:05 PM

Viacoin is about practical innovation and building upon already proven concepts. I am excited to be doing this, and I am really excited so many people believe in and share this vision.

I understand everyone’s impatience: Day traders are looking for hype to trade on; peoples’ attention spans are short and they want instant gratification.

- We're only just starting the 4th day since launch and there are several fundamental things which need to be addressed: like fixing bugs in Vialectrum; subreddit theme design; FB page and so forth (we’re looking for volunteers).
  - I spent a long time yesterday fixing and upgrading the Vialectrum wallet and will spend more time today getting it compiled and tested.
@Reorder has been working on the Mac version and there is a preliminary test version available here. If anyone wants to test, specifically on Mac OSX Mavricks. If transactions still show up as unverified you may need to delete your /Users/yourname/.vialectrum/blockchain_headers. Please let me know if that is the case via the issue tracker.
  - I also spent some time setting up a more modern realtime block explorer at http://explorer.viacoin.org/

If you follow https://twitter.com/viacoin you’ll most definitely see how fast paced things are moving. You are also most welcome to participate in our  online chatroom.

Developers
I am currently in talks to take on new developers, but I think it's better to give you news when there is actual news.

3rd Party Projects
If people want to advertise 3rd party projects for Viacoin, may I suggest you frequent the Viacoin subreddit. It creates confusion if those are posted in this ANN. The exceptions are mainly mining pools and exchanges which I will add to the OP. Charlie is also setting up a separate forum for Viacoin (thanks Charlie!)

ANN
Let’s confine this thread to the subject of the ANN only. I have updated the rules in post #2 after the OP.

Viacoin is not a flash in the pan, neither is it vaporware. It is not a "coin for hype", which are coins created for the exclusive purpose of creating a temporary market based on some hype factor.

We will publish periodic updates, and news when there is news. I believe people's confidence will grow more and more in Viacoin as time goes by which is the best and most healthy way for any ecosystem to grow. The price will fluctuate according to market forces, that is what free markets are about. But we’re not going to deliberately use news posts as a way to manipulate the price. I understand this is not the norm for altcoins on BCT so it might take a little getting used to Wink

BTCDrak
Viacoin Founder

Thanks for the update, we believe in you.
Just : http://www.reddit.com/r/viacoin is the reddit link, the one you linked is wrong

btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:22:03 PM

fixed. thanks
tobeaj2mer01
Legendary

Angel investor.

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:29:58 PM

Thanks for the upt, great work.

altcoinUK

Activity: 784

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:55:55 PM

Developers

3rd Party Projects

ANN

BTCDrak
Viacoin Founder

Thanks for the update. The information I was looking for was actually in your blog, I should read it before coming here and banging out questions and thanks for pointing it out. Now I have a better understanding what you mean about ClearingHouse and that you envision your solution based on the Counterparty framework.

It seems you definitely now what you are doing and this is not just an another copy/paste altcoin. It's time for me to spend a few BTCs by getting few thousands Viacoin.
kencoles

Activity: 244

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:59:53 PM

Developers

3rd Party Projects

ANN

BTCDrak
Viacoin Founder

Nice Post and thank you very much for all the information and updates.

thenukemforall

Activity: 273

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:03:02 PM

Developers

3rd Party Projects

ANN

BTCDrak
Viacoin Founder

Thanks for the update !
sdersdf2

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:29:02 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2014, 01:40:13 PM by sdersdf2

I think you're diminishing the genuine and well-justified concern people generally have about investing in any coin these days.

A lot of people clearly expected more of the core Viacoin elements - like a whitepaper, some proof-of-concept code of new functionality, etc. - to be available to look at sooner than it looks like they will be, and for more original innovation than it looks like there might end up being, at least within the next month or so.

As for the time horizon of a lot of buyers, I cant speak to that for everyone, but I think people too easily dismiss how badly burned many people have been on so many coins on this website - there is a lack of trust and a demand for proof - "quick proof," perhaps - that is well justified given the history of what's happened to so many other coins. People have very good reason to want to ask "where's the beef?" and want to see more substance sooner rather than later to justify the investment and risk-taking.

That isn't "daytraders" being impatient. It's investors being prudent, mindful of recent history and justifiably risk-averse.
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:41:24 PM

I think you're diminishing the genuine and well-justified concern people generally have about investing in any coin these days.

A lot of people clearly expected more of the core Viacoin elements - like a whitepaper, some proof-of-concept code of new functionality, etc. - to be available to look at sooner than it looks like they will be, and for more original innovation than it looks like there might end up being, at least within the next month or so.

As for the time horizon of a lot of buyers, I cant speak to that for everyone, but I think people too easily dismiss how badly burned many people have been on so many coins on this website - there is a lack of trust and a demand for proof - "quick proof," perhaps - that is well justified given the history of what's happened to so many other coins. People have very good reason to want to ask "where's the beef?" and want to see more substance sooner rather than later to justify the investment and risk-taking.

That isn't "daytraders" being impatient. It's investors being prudent, mindful of recent history and justifiably risk-averse.

Please read post #5 all this is pretty well covered. People are just coming and immediately asking questions without doing research. It's also well covered in the PRE-ANN.
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:21:20 PM

Developers

3rd Party Projects

ANN

BTCDrak
Viacoin Founder

Thanks for the update.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 309 »
  Print  

Jump to: