Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:40:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 309 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★  (Read 825829 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Dusty11

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:32:24 PM

Thanks for confirming my suspicions. You have a massive road ahead of you to accomplish something other coins (syscoin) have already achieved.
Enjoy your 600btc, maybe give pipipipopopo a couple more for creating the logo since its probably the best thing about viacoin so far
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=646754.msg7439474#msg7439474

Altcoin4life

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:34:05 PM

Btcdrak don't expect these twisted idiots to read anything. They usually have a hidden agenda, or zero patience,  and/or mildly retarded. This forum will call scam on anything and are the most pessimistic group I've had the unfortunate pleasure of witnessing. The whales who invested did so for real reasons half the jack offs asking for proof of everything and crying scam have .3 btc at most their opinions mean about as much as nothing. Fucking X box scumbag generation is what they will be remembered as.

ThousandFaces

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:46:19 PM

Viacoin is about practical innovation and building upon already proven concepts. I am excited to be doing this, and I am really excited so many people believe in and share this vision.

I understand everyone’s impatience: Day traders are looking for hype to trade on; peoples’ attention spans are short and they want instant gratification.

I think you're diminishing the genuine and well-justified concern people generally have about investing in any coin these days.

A lot of people clearly expected more of the core Viacoin elements - like a whitepaper, some proof-of-concept code of new functionality, etc. - to be available to look at sooner than it looks like they will be, and for more original innovation than it looks like there might end up being, at least within the next month or so.

As for the time horizon of a lot of buyers, I cant speak to that for everyone, but I think people too easily dismiss how badly burned many people have been on so many coins on this website - there is a lack of trust and a demand for proof - "quick proof," perhaps - that is well justified given the history of what's happened to so many other coins. People have very good reason to want to ask "where's the beef?" and want to see more substance sooner rather than later to justify the investment and risk-taking.

That isn't "daytraders" being impatient. It's investors being prudent, mindful of recent history and justifiably risk-averse.

Did you ever consider that BTCdrak having to coddle you whining children all day is taking time away from actual work on the coin? It's day 4. Sit on your coins and go away for at least a week!
cexylikepie

Activity: 779

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:47:41 PM

Who is dumping VIA, price in exchange keeps going down these two days...

See the thing is, most people don't care about/trust in at coins. Only btc. So people bought in the ipo at around 6 satoshi, why not sell and get more btc than you spent instantly? If I would have invested in via I would have dumped as soon as I saw it at 20k, massive btc profit which in the end is all that matters
CryptoWyS

Activity: 34

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:50:08 PM

Btcdrak don't expect these twisted idiots to read anything. They usually have a hidden agenda, or zero patience,  and/or mildly retarded. This forum will call scam on anything and are the most pessimistic group I've had the unfortunate pleasure of witnessing. The whales who invested did so for real reasons half the jack offs asking for proof of everything and crying scam have .3 btc at most their opinions mean about as much as nothing. Fucking X box scumbag generation is what they will be remembered as.

QFT!
J9901

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:53:57 PM

See the thing is, most people don't care about/trust in at coins. Only btc. So people bought in the ipo at around 6 satoshi, why not sell and get more btc than you spent instantly? If I would have invested in via I would have dumped as soon as I saw it at 20k, massive btc profit which in the end is all that matters

reminds me of when BTC was ~$64 and a bunch of people sold at $223.
sdersdf2

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:01:36 PM

Did you ever consider that BTCdrak having to coddle you whining children all day is taking time away from actual work on the coin? It's day 4. Sit on your coins and go away for at least a week!

I come from the old-fashioned school where you treat customers (in this case, investors) who've given you their hard-earned money and presumably their trust with respect and not dismiss their concerns or questions about what they're getting for their money. This thread has more than 40 pages of it - there are dozens of coins out there to monitor (the FAQ link list is a brilliant approach, btw - and should be put in the OP #1).

This isn't about "whining" or people being "coddled".

A lot of coins these days collapse at the drop of a hat overnight all the time. Coins evaporate within a week all the time. For someone not to ask questions and to not be skeptical, given that history, is being reckless. People have excellent reason to be jittery about being screwed because THEY HAVE been MANY times by MANY coins in the past - those arent concerns to be so easily dismissed as the impatience of daytraders. A few of us expected/hoped a bit more of the plan/foundation/code to have already been in place up-front given the huge IPO - rightly or wrongly. That might explain the market jitters. That was my only point.

Oh, and screw you.
sdersdf2

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:04:24 PM

It's a "Show Me" market out there these days - no doubt about it. The price will rebound if/when compelling, concrete developments come out or we get compelling "teases"/previews.
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:05:07 PM

I will delete any comments that are abusive to anyone. Last warning.
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:10:39 PM

I come from the old-fashioned school where you treat customers (in this case, investors) who've given you their hard-earned money and presumably their trust with respect and not dismiss their concerns or questions about what they're getting for their money. This thread has more than 40 pages of it - there are dozens of coins out there to monitor (the FAQ link list is a brilliant approach, btw - and should be put in the OP #1).

The problem is people are not doing their research before throwing accusations left and right.

Read this and if you have questions after doing your research, I am happy to answer:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=699278.msg7901691#msg7901691
cexylikepie

Activity: 779

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:11:42 PM

But if you think about the people who sold at the top ish of the bubbles and bought in after they popped you get a different story
sdersdf2

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:25:33 PM

The problem is people are not doing their research before throwing accusations left and right.

Read this and if you have questions after doing your research, I am happy to answer:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=699278.msg7901691#msg7901691

Yes, I do understand there are people FUDing to get cheap coins, and the FAQ link list (which I again suggest putting right into OP post #1) is an excellent way of combating that and informing people who are new to the coin -- the multithread/multipage/multipost structure of these bitcointalk forums doesnt make it easy for those of us that dont have a lot of time on our hands to quickly and efficiently keep up to date on everything going on.

I'm not throwing around any accusations - I was speaking generally about the state of altcoins in general and just have a pet peeve with how the justified nervousness of many investors out there is so frequently dismissed as the "impatience" of short-sighted daytraders.

Many of us would like nothing more than to put money into something we find compelling, be extremely patient, not have to worry that our investments will evaporate overnight and not have to check back for a month - unfortunately, that isn't a safe way to be in most altcoins (many of them, blipcoins).

I'm hoping we're on the brink of a sea-change to something better, and your coin will be part of that. I look forward to seeing what Viacoin develops.

chompyZ

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:40:43 PM

... massive btc profit which in the end is all that matters

I believe Bitcoin profit is what matters ONLY if bitcoin prevails in the long run.

The way I see it, Bitcoin has a first mover advantage and market awareness, but it is flexible as a distinct dinosaur. In the past 2 years I have seen no real innovation to the protocol, and hardly any applications built on top of the protocol.
In the past 6-months, i've seen magnitudes of innovation in other alts, whereas Bitcoin's development came from market acceptance, but not technological/application innovation.

I've seen the same thing in usenets in the early 90s. If you don't innovate, you will be left behind.
Microsoft, the undisputed king of software learned it the hard way.
Nokia, the undisputed king of Mobile learned it the hard way.

Bitcoin is not immune, and Blockchain 2.0 can leave Bitcoin a conglomerate of the past.

I do not know BTCdrak, but I know he is a very smart guy. I follow his posts.
Nonetheless, if BTCdrak had said that he is going to develop ClearingHouse by himself, ground-up, I would not have invested as this seems a heck of a task.
IMHO, the fact that he is going to integrate a proven architecture as CounterParty to be the foundation of ClearingHouse makes the project much more viable, secure, fast, and reliable.

Then again, only 4 days have past from the Viacoin launch. I can't expect him to deliver THAT QUICKLY...

My 2cents.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:47:55 PM

People selling for a car to people who will hold for a house. Keep selling the future.

My favorite thing is the people selling now were the same people holding when it was 30% higher for 12 hours.  Some real financial savvy there.

It's called emotion trading.
andreibi
Legendary

Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012

Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 03:57:31 PM

To all Viacoin supporters,

I updated my sig to show links to FAQs. Maybe you should do too to avoid answering repeated questions.

PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:58:46 PM

I just added RSS to the blog as requested by many.

Much appreciated.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:07:31 PM

Some of us see higher long term gains. Yes, 99% of us are here to make a bit of scratch. But, I'm not starting to taking profit until it is at least 600k sat per Via.

I squirm when I see people begging people to buy their coin cause they need to make rent, or a car payment.
bamsterdam

Activity: 453
Merit: 261

Look Morty magic internet money

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:09:19 PM

We've got 3 Raspberry Pi's with Hashra software on it with a total of 38 gridseed blades (19 devices).
We tried to mine this coin with a few pools but everytime we encounter the same problem.
A lot of rejects and suddenly it will go to the backup pool.
Does anyone know what the problem can be?

Still got about 6% rejects and with ltc we got arround 1-2% so something is going wrong but we dont know what.

can anyone help us with this problem? Any idea's?

Thanks,
SkyValeey

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:15:04 PM

Look at this twit:

https://twitter.com/viacoinprice/status/491175762796773376

Bug? :-)
VIAconBTC

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:16:48 PM

... massive btc profit which in the end is all that matters

I believe Bitcoin profit is what matters ONLY if bitcoin prevails in the long run.

The way I see it, Bitcoin has a first mover advantage and market awareness, but it is flexible as a distinct dinosaur. In the past 2 years I have seen no real innovation to the protocol, and hardly any applications built on top of the protocol.
In the past 6-months, i've seen magnitudes of innovation in other alts, whereas Bitcoin's development came from market acceptance, but not technological/application innovation.

I've seen the same thing in usenets in the early 90s. If you don't innovate, you will be left behind.
Microsoft, the undisputed king of software learned it the hard way.
Nokia, the undisputed king of Mobile learned it the hard way.

Bitcoin is not immune, and Blockchain 2.0 can leave Bitcoin a conglomerate of the past.

I do not know BTCdrak, but I know he is a very smart guy. I follow his posts.
Nonetheless, if BTCdrak had said that he is going to develop ClearingHouse by himself, ground-up, I would not have invested as this seems a heck of a task.
IMHO, the fact that he is going to integrate a proven architecture as CounterParty to be the foundation of ClearingHouse makes the project much more viable, secure, fast, and reliable.

Then again, only 4 days have past from the Viacoin launch. I can't expect him to deliver THAT QUICKLY...

My 2cents.

Well said, completely agree. I admire the dev's ability to execute what he has so far, but there are also valid comments regarding the current state of altcoins, the number of scams, how quickly things move, etc.

In the end, I would encourage the dev to consider sharing the load. He did update as to how people have reached out to help with development, and others in the community are stepping up to do what they can. But honestly, a CEO should not be worrying about an RSS feed. Delegate these and other minor things, necessary to the bigger picture, but not worth his time. A maestro doesn't make the music all on his own but he makes it happen nonetheless.

I know, just a couple days in. Relax, I got it and I agree, see my prior posts. Just would encourage dev to shift focus a bit. I've been there. I've got some products licensed and headed to stores nationwide. It was a very hard thing to do though because I was originally moving forward with the products as my own business. In the end, it is a much better path forward for me that license but it was hard letting go of my baby, I was very protective of it as I had invested so many hours and a lot of money.

That's how I relate at least. Great job so far.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 309 »
  Print  

Jump to: