Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:58:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: mining.BitcoinAffiliatenetwork.com-0% PPS + 1 Hour (or higher) Payout Interval  (Read 83116 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mcdougle

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:34:42 PM

As much as I talk to s0br on a regular basis, he goes on sleep deprivation binges.  He's more than likely asleep, he's online, but not responding.

That being said, I have multiple things going with him presently and him being away for less than 24 hours is not a huge concern for me.  Stop spreading FUD amongst the thread as it's doing absolutely nothing.  If you don't feel comfortable, then bail.  There's no reason to throw him under the bus when it's not even been a full 24 hours... I was in contact with him a mere 12 hours ago, and I went to sleep and he was still up.  So logically, knowing that he hasn't slept in a few days -- The body probably shut him down.

Just chill.
It has happen a couple of times now that his body crashes from lack of sleep. I just wish this time as the forehead went down and hit the keyboard it hit the payout button instead of the stop button! Smiley

I don't think he literally means this.  I do know he's working on code for the pool, which will be beneficial.  It may not be finished and he was never able to finish it thus causing the problem that is currently present.  I'm in no position to explain, other than I can tell you that it's beneficial to everyone involved and as much time and effort and his OWN money he has spent, there's absolutely no reason to be running.  If you can't handle a little risk, you simply need to walk away from crypto-currency all-together and go dig a hole and hide your fiat in a mason jar and hope it's worth a damn in 10 years.  

Not pointing fingers at anyone, I'm simply stating the obvious and just being real.

If someone does not agree with your risk/reward analysis we should get out of crypto and hide fiat in a mason jar.

Hmm. Astute analysis and well thought out. Covers all the aspects of crypto-mining and decision making regarding risk analysis.
ThePhwner

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

something something Bitcoin

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:36:28 PM

As much as I talk to s0br on a regular basis, he goes on sleep deprivation binges.  He's more than likely asleep, he's online, but not responding.

That being said, I have multiple things going with him presently and him being away for less than 24 hours is not a huge concern for me.  Stop spreading FUD amongst the thread as it's doing absolutely nothing.  If you don't feel comfortable, then bail.  There's no reason to throw him under the bus when it's not even been a full 24 hours... I was in contact with him a mere 12 hours ago, and I went to sleep and he was still up.  So logically, knowing that he hasn't slept in a few days -- The body probably shut him down.

Just chill.
It has happen a couple of times now that his body crashes from lack of sleep. I just wish this time as the forehead went down and hit the keyboard it hit the payout button instead of the stop button! Smiley

I don't think he literally means this.  I do know he's working on code for the pool, which will be beneficial.  It may not be finished and he was never able to finish it thus causing the problem that is currently present.  I'm in no position to explain, other than I can tell you that it's beneficial to everyone involved and as much time and effort and his OWN money he has spent, there's absolutely no reason to be running.  If you can't handle a little risk, you simply need to walk away from crypto-currency all-together and go dig a hole and hide your fiat in a mason jar and hope it's worth a damn in 10 years.  

Not pointing fingers at anyone, I'm simply stating the obvious and just being real.
i was just joking.. I know he will be back.

I know, which is why I said I wasn't pointing fingers.  I was more just generalizing the people who are spreading FUD or are scared, they really shouldn't be in this market to begin with if less than 24 hours is making their blood pressure rise that much is all.  I haven't gotten a payout either.  S'all good it'll happen. Wink

If you don't want people spreading FUD, then get the admins to give us an update. Without real information people assume, and it looks really bad when there's no payouts, no contact, site login issues... those are facts not FUD.

Hand-carved Bitcoin stamps for sale: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247131
2 for $25 including shipping
xms

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:37:52 PM

So this entire effort is dependent on one person and his sleep schedule?

Really?

And that's a model for a good launch and long-term success?

If there's all this BTC for rented rigs and free S3s, hire another admin.

Are the s3's shipped yet? do you get a track and trace number?

XMG: 9Dqt2gQz5iNFFsMiFS3ftDd486RQQFW9Sx ,  BLE: JTk35RjRPD5wUzRRRUEb6t84QRvJKkfeFz
ThePhwner

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:39:01 PM

I won an S3. I have received no shipping confirmation. I assume because they were supposed to ship today and then this all happened.

Hand-carved Bitcoin stamps for sale: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247131
bonds

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:42:04 PM

Well I'm able to log in again now - so progress there

1Bonds3znU2tqc99b8cdDkBX9m6q9ftVG2
xms

Activity: 223

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:45:31 PM

I won an S3. I have received no shipping confirmation. I assume because they were supposed to ship today and then this all happened.

I won one too, and yes they would ship today (Email) but here too no shipping confirmation ........

XMG: 9Dqt2gQz5iNFFsMiFS3ftDd486RQQFW9Sx ,  BLE: JTk35RjRPD5wUzRRRUEb6t84QRvJKkfeFz
silverthornne

Activity: 148

SelfPay - ICO PRE SALE - huge Profit !

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:46:46 PM

Frankly, the declining value of Bitcoin is making me much more concerned than the pool right now. I'm still ahead considering the great payouts these last two weeks even if I miss a day or two as far as BTC is concerned but if I were to cash out I'm not doing as good as I'd like to, especially considering the current difficulty and its estimated increase...

ThePhwner

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:48:41 PM

Without bringing any accusations into this mix, can we objectively look at the fact that this is a huge undertaking which seems to be the responsibility of one person from a technical standpoint? And now multiple times, the party line has been s0br is sleeping. S0br needs to sleep. He doesn't sleep much and he needs sleep. The other day, the payout script stopped because he fell asleep on the keyboard.

These are signs of an understaffed, poorly planned operation led by idealism and not backed by experience. I am not making accusations of theft. But look at all the other mining pools out there. Would this be acceptable from any established pool where people put Th/s worth of power?

adaryian

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

★ BitClave pre-ICO: 25/07/17 ★

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:57:30 PM

Look everyone.  I have no direct access to the pool in anyway shape or form other than from a mining side, just as you.  That's it.

My "analysis" of whether you should stay or bail is YOUR choice.  If you can't handle it, then leave.  I speak for myself.. If you don't like it, well too damn bad.  As for the login not working, I don't know where that's coming from, I've been able to login ALL day with no problems.

As to what I've read and understood s0br has received the AntMiner S3's just two days ago and still has to get them prep'd and I'm sure print shipping labels and also go take them to be shipped, on top of sleep, eating, showering.. ya' know.. normal things people do on a day-to-day basis to survive.  Personally, I don't know how he does multiple days, but he does.  He's accomplished a whole hell of a lot in a few days not to mention since the beginning of the month until now.  I think he deserves a little credit, because it's well due.  If I turn out to be wrong, feel free to bash away.  However; from my experience with him, he's nothing but a great individual and a very generous one as well.  You may be reading this and thinking I'm being rude, well, frankly it frustrates me to see s0br being mob attacked on ASSUMPTIONS.  A.K.A. -- FUD.  Read that definition.  Also for the fact that he is running it solo, I can attest to this personally that when it comes to dealing with setting up services and cash and lots of it.. sometimes solo dolo is best.  He may add someone at some point, but as it sits with MPOS the way it's designed, if he adds another admin then they could steal every last nickle from the piggy bank, so I respect his decision personally to keep it solo for the moment until the point is met where additional administration rights can be given without access to the wallet or not directly, but to perhaps allow payouts, etc..  I agree with you on that.  Just keep in mind, this pool is only 3 weeks old (almost!)

He might be taking those S3's out today, who knows.  When s0br gets on he'll update everyone.  If he is shipping today, what a minimum of 18 miners out to different parts of the world it's not going to be a 5 minute trip to the post office or UPS or wherever s0br decides to ship from.

Give the dude a freakin' break for a minute.  He's not failed us once, nor been out of comms for more than 24 hours.  

Jeesh.

,'+██':                 
              ,█████████████;             
            .██████████████████           
            .████████████████████         
         █  .███;         ,███████.       
        ██  .█+              '█████'       
      `███  .█+    ,;'':       █████+     
      ████  .█+ ███████████,    ,████+     
     █████  .████████████████,    ████,   
    ██████  .██████████████████   `████   
   ;██████  .█████`      '██████  .█████   
   ████ ██  .███           :████████████. 
  +███  ██  .█.     `..      ████████████ 
  ████  ██  .    .███████'    ███████████`
 ,███   ██      ███████████    ███████████
 ████   ██     █████████████`  `██████████
 ███;  ███    ███████████████   ██████████`
 ███   ███   .████████████████  `█████████'
,███   ███   █████████████████   ██████████
'███  ,███   █████████████████:  ██████████
+███  ;███  `██████████████████  ██████████
████  '███  .██████████████████  +█████████
'███  :███   █████████████████'  ██████████
:███   ███   █████████████████   ██████████
 ███   ███'  '████████████████   ██████████
 ███,  ████   ███████████████`  ██████████,
 ████  ,███:  `█████████████+   ██████████
 ;███   ████   `███████████+   ███████████
  ███'  .████    █████████`   +██████████;
  ████   █████     :███'     +███████████ 
   ████   █████`            ████████████+ 
   ████,   ██████`        +█████. +█████   
    ████    █████████++████████`   ████.   
    .████    ;████████████████    █████   
     '████`    +████████████     █████     
      +████+     `'█████+.     .█████     
       +█████.                ██████       
        ,██████;           .███████       
          █████████':,:;█████████.         
           ,███████████████████+           
             .███████████████;             
                `'████████,               
silverthornne

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:59:07 PM

Without bringing any accusations into this mix, can we objectively look at the fact that this is a huge undertaking which seems to be the responsibility of one person from a technical standpoint? And now multiple times, the party line has been s0br is sleeping. S0br needs to sleep. He doesn't sleep much and he needs sleep. The other day, the payout script stopped because he fell asleep on the keyboard.

These are signs of an understaffed, poorly planned operation led by idealism and not backed by experience. I am not making accusations of theft. But look at all the other mining pools out there. Would this be acceptable from any established pool where people put Th/s worth of power?

Yes, you're right. This kind of thing would be unheard of from say BTCguild or BitMinter (little plug for one of my favorite pools here).

Anyway, I recall s0br used to have a notice at the pool that it was in beta state and I believe he should put that message in there again. See, beta products are not feature complete and have rough edges. That's the impression I get, that this is still in a rough, beta state. I don't mind that; heck, I do QA where I work so I know all the signs of such a state and like I said, the payouts so far have been stellar so I can't fault s0br nor the pool at all. Unfortunately, a buggy beta in the BTC world can create anxiety and yes, maybe even lost funds. I know I've seen my share of lost revenue because of early payment processing applications (credit and debit based though, haven't worked on a cryptocurrency app yet) so these kind of issues are not unheard of when doing betas. Thankfully, for the past two weeks, s0br has pulled through every single time. If you can tolerate the anxiety feel free to hang around until you hit your breaking point. That's what I'm doing. If you can't tolerate it though, you would be better served by leaving. I have no clue if things will get better or not, but I choose to stay for now.

adaryian

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:03:40 PM

Yes, you're right. This kind of thing would be unheard of from say BTCguild or BitMinter (little plug for one of my favorite pools here).

Anyway, I recall s0br used to have a notice at the pool that it was in beta state and I believe he should put that message in there again. See, beta products are not feature complete and have rough edges. That's the impression I get, that this is still in a rough, beta state. I don't mind that; heck, I do QA where I work so I know all the signs of such a state and like I said, the payouts so far have been stellar so I can't fault s0br nor the pool at all. Unfortunately, a buggy beta in the BTC world can create anxiety and yes, maybe even lost funds. I know I've seen my share of lost revenue because of early payment processing applications (credit and debit based though, haven't worked on a cryptocurrency app yet) so these kind of issues are not unheard of when doing betas. Thankfully, for the past two weeks, s0br has pulled through every single time. If you can tolerate the anxiety feel free to hang around until you hit your breaking point. That's what I'm doing. If you can't tolerate it though, you would be better served by leaving. I have no clue if things will get better or not, but I choose to stay for now.

Amen.  But also keep in mind BTCguild and BitMinter have been out how long?  Also don't forget to also include what happened to 50BTC.. They we're a well run and vanished pool.

As for the beta and I quote from the pool, "Pardon the dust.. we're actively working on reflecting accurate PPS estimates and payouts..."  PPS estimates AND payouts

,'+██':                 
              ,█████████████;             
            .██████████████████           
            .████████████████████         
           ,███████████████████+           
             .███████████████;             
                `'████████,               
PCComf

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:05:06 PM

It is my understanding that every other pool except ghash.io and possibly f2pool are the responsibility of one person from a technical standpoint. This isn't really a new concept. The main difference is that all the others got started long before now and are mostly run in maintenance mode today.

I'm not speaking one way or another about the quality of the pool or trustworthiness of the operator, just clarifying that this isn't an unheard of practice. The reason for the bonus payout and S3's is to increase our risk tolerance when something goes wrong. I wouldn't have any hash here if those things weren't in place.
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:08:02 PM

I also have had no problem with logging in all day?  If he really wanted to steal peoples hashing power why would he start paying every 15 mins ( which some of us complained about) and then pay every hour? He could have paid once a day if he really was out to steal your hashing power. So I really don't think anything underhanded is going on.
silverthornne

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:10:11 PM

Well, he seems to be doing -something- to the pool right now because I get a pop-up window when I click on most links within the pool. These are just blank windows (about:blank) but it's a new feature. Doesn't mean it's a wanted feature though Wink

Dhoulmagus1977

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:11:41 PM

Well, he seems to be doing -something- to the pool right now because I get a pop-up window when I click on most links within the pool. These are just blank windows (about:blank) but it's a new feature. Doesn't mean it's a wanted feature though Wink

It looks like he is outputting debug info. So looks definitely like he is working on the site.
iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:13:02 PM

Login fixed here as well.

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:22:00 PM

Without bringing any accusations into this mix, can we objectively look at the fact that this is a huge undertaking which seems to be the responsibility of one person from a technical standpoint?

Hey, what's wrong with a one man operation?

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
adaryian

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:24:12 PM

Without bringing any accusations into this mix, can we objectively look at the fact that this is a huge undertaking which seems to be the responsibility of one person from a technical standpoint?

Hey, what's wrong with a one man operation?

+1

,'+██':                 
              ,█████████████;             
            .██████████████████           
            .████████████████████         
           ,███████████████████+           
             .███████████████;             
                `'████████,               
muhhentuhhen

Activity: 352

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:25:11 PM

1 minute ago. relax
[00:20] <muhhentt> hey s0br, any ETA when the payments starts working?
[00:22] <@s0br> yeah
[00:22] <@s0br> i’m working on payment snow
ThePhwner

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:27:42 PM

All is judged by how its run. In theory nothing. This looks like reinforcements may be needed.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: