Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:59:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170602 times)
unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:20:10 PM

the difficulty continues to increase ...

look at the chart:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ibjd5nq7px36uw/burst.png

but nobody has a clue how to relate the difficulty of this type of mining to the classic scrypt or x11?
I mean in scrypt already 1 or 2 of difficulty is useless in only undermine ...
here what is the threshold beyond which no longer deserves to undermine?

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hvidgaard

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:38:51 PM

this sounds like a plan but i think the main goal should be to develop a c version of the wallet and supply this to the exchanges.
the nxt hack at bter was only a matter of time cause all is based on java....
- this is FUD. But what else can you expect from a newbie ...
if this is FUD how can you explain why there are on regular base and not on demand critical security updates for JAVA advised?
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/security/alerts-086861.html

or compare the cve submission dates to patch availability:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/security/public-vuln-to-advisory-mapping-093627.html

now please tell me why i state a huge nxt hack was only a matter of time.

Really if Java was that bad, it's hard to understand why it is so widely used in the enterprise world. 

It's FUD because security is not about a vulnerability in Java. A vulnerability STILL needs some malicious code to run before it can be exploited- this is a problem because the average user do run such code every now and then, or another vulnerability in e.g. a browser is used to execute said code. In short don't run untrusted code and you'll be fine, properly firewall the system, and you'll be fine.
you currently mix up javascript and java but thats not the point here. the enterprise world loves java because its powerfull and can be secured by the application design. the most critical point in any design is to only allow defined and trusted network peers access to the java vm. in 99% of all enterprise apps this is done by secured networks. a core element of a wallet application design is to communicate with "anonymous" peers. firewalling a java wallet vm in a exchange environment may only be possible by analysing the traffic payload with snort or similar tools. then you let only pass "known good" packets. this is a really hard (if even possible) job to do which would not have to be done if the wallet code is ported to c. thats the point in my inital reply.

No I do not confuse anything. What I am saying that if you want to exploit a vulnerability in Java the user must either run untrusted code, or it must be a 2 stage exploit where AS AN EXAMPLE a bug in the browser that allow the adversary to execute any code of his choice. That could be a 0-day in the OS or a 0-day in Java.

The simple fact that you really try to tell the world that C is inherently more secure than Java, show quite well you do not understand 101 of hardening applications and securing networked systems.
callmejack

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:47:28 PM

this sounds like a plan but i think the main goal should be to develop a c version of the wallet and supply this to the exchanges.
the nxt hack at bter was only a matter of time cause all is based on java....
- this is FUD. But what else can you expect from a newbie ...
if this is FUD how can you explain why there are on regular base and not on demand critical security updates for JAVA advised?
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/security/alerts-086861.html

or compare the cve submission dates to patch availability:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/security/public-vuln-to-advisory-mapping-093627.html

now please tell me why i state a huge nxt hack was only a matter of time.

Really if Java was that bad, it's hard to understand why it is so widely used in the enterprise world. 

It's FUD because security is not about a vulnerability in Java. A vulnerability STILL needs some malicious code to run before it can be exploited- this is a problem because the average user do run such code every now and then, or another vulnerability in e.g. a browser is used to execute said code. In short don't run untrusted code and you'll be fine, properly firewall the system, and you'll be fine.
you currently mix up javascript and java but thats not the point here. the enterprise world loves java because its powerfull and can be secured by the application design. the most critical point in any design is to only allow defined and trusted network peers access to the java vm. in 99% of all enterprise apps this is done by secured networks. a core element of a wallet application design is to communicate with "anonymous" peers. firewalling a java wallet vm in a exchange environment may only be possible by analysing the traffic payload with snort or similar tools. then you let only pass "known good" packets. this is a really hard (if even possible) job to do which would not have to be done if the wallet code is ported to c. thats the point in my inital reply.

No I do not confuse anything. What I am saying that if you want to exploit a vulnerability in Java the user must either run untrusted code, or it must be a 2 stage exploit where AS AN EXAMPLE a bug in the browser that allow the adversary to execute any code of his choice. That could be a 0-day in the OS or a 0-day in Java.

The simple fact that you really try to tell the world that C is inherently more secure than Java, show quite well you do not understand 101 of hardening applications and securing networked systems.
i see that you don't get it if you talk about a browser and a user running comprimsed code but thats fine for me. convince the world that java is safe and cry if nxt based wallets get attacked.
all i want to have is the best possible security for anything i invest in.
for now the best possible security is java but for long term the coin needs a c based wallet.

zhinkk

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:50:38 PM

The miner is working now? I think I saw this a week ago but didn't see any working miners for this.
alibabacool

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:54:46 PM

look at the chart:

but nobody has a clue how to relate the difficulty of this type of mining to the classic scrypt or x11?
Tell me, please, how you watch the difficulty?
burstcoin (OP)

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:03:21 PM

New update 1.0.2
https://mega.co.nz/#!C0hEmRKD!pf70p7VucqfYyUpqOXZgWTOYu2r_vs4d8g5yRnfrQ5Y
Please update before block 2700

Changes:
New difficulty adjustment starting on 2700
New ui

BURST-QHCJ-9HB5-PTGC-5Q8J9
unsoindovo
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:03:41 PM

look at the chart:

Tell me, please, how you watch the difficulty?
Just open web wallet and click on NRS link

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
dcct

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:04:45 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2014, 05:53:45 AM by dcct

I need to enable my Bitcoin & Litecoin-wiki accounts but dont have any at hand.

1k burst for 0.001 BTC & 0.1 LTC someone? PM please

Thanks  Wink
BChydro

Activity: 1426
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:06:05 PM

Anyone know how to see the difficulty or scaling factor?
unsoindovo
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:06:36 PM

New update 1.0.2

Changes:
New ui

link don't work!

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
unsoindovo
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:07:50 PM

Anyone know how to see the difficulty or scaling factor?

i repeat

open web wallet localhost:8125
then click on NRS version.
 a pop up appear with al details

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
burstcoin (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:10:38 PM

New update 1.0.2

Changes:
New ui

link don't work!

Grab it from github then https://github.com/BurstProject/burstcoin/archive/master.zip

Wulfcastle

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 08:14:23 PM

I mentioned earlier today that I was going to do a redesign of the Burst UI + a new logo. Well now I've completed both of those, take a look at the screenshots below (Please let me know if there is anything I've left out or if there's anything odd in the design) :

Here is the link to the files for the UI : https://github.com/Wulfcastle/Burst-UI

How to Install :

1. Download this repo to your PC
2. Navigate to the root of your Burst folder, e.g. C:\Burst\burst_1.0.0
3. Copy and Paste the "html" folder from this repo over the existing "html" folder in your Burst root folder, overwriting previous files.

Note :

This redesign only changes the CSS & HTML files that are used on the front-end of the NRS server that runs Burst, no back-end code has been edited, nor has any of the core functionality been edited in any way.

The UI just got approved, and is now the new UI in the Burst Wallet Smiley

Wulfcastle

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 08:15:49 PM

Just a quick question, the whole blockchain is being re-indexed again. Is this normal?
dcct

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:21:16 PM

Just a quick question, the whole blockchain is being re-indexed again. Is this normal?

Happened here, too. Its working perfectly now.
unsoindovo
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:22:21 PM

but miner and generate plot don't change?
wath the matter if i continue to use wallet 1.0.1???

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
unsoindovo
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:22:59 PM

how to check it?

just to know!!!
thanks!

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
burstcoin (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:26:06 PM

If you didn't move your burst_db folder from the old wallet to the new one, it redownloads it.

callmejack

Activity: 256

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:32:19 PM

git based update works perfect within 2 minutes including a recompile.
git fetch
git pull
./compile

if git says your burst.jar will be overwritten and it wont update simply delete the file before you pull.
i even had'nt to restart the miner.

you can check the miner output to verify the wallet runs on the new version quite simple.
if the miner output contains "baseTarget" the update should have worked.

{"baseTarget":"72692055","height":"2275","generationSignature":"5c7ca2cb11598913e3118fa4b9264902281732b9d4af20876df3113dddfe8f55"}

crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 08:34:21 PM

Very nice, like the new UI. Nice update!

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: