Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:45:41 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 [396] 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289614 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 10:51:14 AM

I have a question, when i was first looking into crypto in the early days there were heaps of the physical bitcoins going around, wish i had of bought em up they were so cheap haha anyways i never really understood how they worked, are they like a paper wallet but just engraved in a valuable object? is this how the HD master key work? i want my coins off the grid, until needed, i do not need the stake i want to remove them completely from my computers and take no risks, basically what i want is physical SDC coins or bullion each holding around 10k, how do i even start to do this? because in the near future i think it may be dangerous to hold large amounts on our computers, we will be a definite target too government agency's, i want to get active now and prevent tears latter.

You can just create a bunch of wallets, put the 10K coins in each wallet, then use the dumpprivkey function in the console to get the private keys of each and record it. Then format and/or destroy your hard drive.
well i hope someone in the future produces physical shadow coins because i am very interested in buying but  thanks for the tips.
Gibbs187x

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Moon

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 12:03:29 PM

I have a question, when i was first looking into crypto in the early days there were heaps of the physical bitcoins going around, wish i had of bought em up they were so cheap haha anyways i never really understood how they worked, are they like a paper wallet but just engraved in a valuable object? is this how the HD master key work? i want my coins off the grid, until needed, i do not need the stake i want to remove them completely from my computers and take no risks, basically what i want is physical SDC coins or bullion each holding around 10k, how do i even start to do this? because in the near future i think it may be dangerous to hold large amounts on our computers, we will be a definite target too government agency's, i want to get active now and prevent tears latter.

You can just create a bunch of wallets, put the 10K coins in each wallet, then use the dumpprivkey function in the console to get the private keys of each and record it. Then format and/or destroy your hard drive.
well i hope someone in the future produces physical shadow coins because i am very interested in buying but  thanks for the tips.
im in the process of physical shadow coins

sdcoin (OP)

Activity: 129

Leave nothing but a shadow.

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 12:05:15 PM

Update: Friday, May 15 2015

Shadow Update v1.3.2.4

-Fixed the refetching of blocks from multiple peers (faster sync)
-Fixed the deadlocks in the Encrypted Messaging code

Shadow v1.3.2.4

Moving on...!

I'm back on ShadowGo (Android) while TV and st3bas are back on the HD wallet development. We're moving forward quickly and look forward to hearing about your first experiences.

Thank you for your continued support!

Have a great weekend.

The Shadow Team
Rynomster (lead developer)
TrialByError

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 12:28:30 PM

I am having issues with the wallet. When I start it it doesn't display "Me" and my address in the upper right corner, it also shows a zero balance. While in this state if I open the debug window and console, running getbalance returns the correct balance, I also have the green cog in the lower right corner and hovering over it tells me I am staking and gives the expected time accurately. If I rename my wallet.dat to something else and restart it, forcing it to create another wallet.dat, and then close it, delete the new wallet.dat, and then change the name of my old wallet.dat back when I restart the wallet it will show my address and balance correctly. Any suggestions?
rustynailer

Activity: 725
Merit: 501

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 12:33:26 PM

I think physical coins sort of defeats the purpose of using an anonymous Shadow.  What the team is working on is the best of all worlds, because all your wallet addresses can be held solely in your head, you just need to remember a string of words that you can make up yourself.
Wheatclove

Activity: 606
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 12:38:09 PM

I am having issues with the wallet. When I start it it doesn't display "Me" and my address in the upper right corner, it also shows a zero balance. While in this state if I open the debug window and console, running getbalance returns the correct balance, I also have the green cog in the lower right corner and hovering over it tells me I am staking and gives the expected time accurately. If I rename my wallet.dat to something else and restart it, forcing it to create another wallet.dat, and then close it, delete the new wallet.dat, and then change the name of my old wallet.dat back when I restart the wallet it will show my address and balance correctly. Any suggestions?

I had the same issue when I had the wallet set to open when I logged in to my computer. Although, simply closing and reopening the wallet fixed it.
maxvolts

Activity: 226

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 02:26:29 PM

ok, so i have messaged AboutShadow twice now with my SDC addy, for them to send me my winnings from the competition, and have heard nothin at all. On the post on Monday, they said they would be contacting the winners to obtain the sdc addy's on that day. I have not heard a thing. whats going on? I never won anything before, and was really exited to win some sdc.

Check your wallet, should be 883.51572784 sdc MORE fatter. Smiley

Cheers mate, really appreciate it :-) Staking them right now!

dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 05:30:13 PM

Wow just saw your post please keep me updated.
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 05:34:35 PM

I think physical coins sort of defeats the purpose of using an anonymous Shadow.  What the team is working on is the best of all worlds, because all your wallet addresses can be held solely in your head, you just need to remember a string of words that you can make up yourself.
I Don't all im doing is storing my shadow off grid on something i find valuable until i want to use them, does not effect the rest of the network in anyway.
Kuriso

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 05:35:06 PM

Can you make them hexagonal like the logo?  That would be awesome!  I'd buy some if they were.
Gibbs187x

Activity: 126

Moon

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 05:38:48 PM

Yes working on comcepts cause i want my own coins too

dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 05:40:02 PM

Can anyone even fathom the value of a 1 oz silver coin with 1k SDC on them after the collapse if everything runs smoothly with SDC and it really gets as big as some of us believe  hahaha my god just think about it please real physical money with real untraceable digital money stored on it  Shocked
Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 06:47:30 PM

Can anyone even fathom the value of a 1 oz silver coin with 1k SDC on them after the collapse if everything runs smoothly with SDC and it really gets as big as some of us believe  hahaha my god just think about it please real physical money with real untraceable digital money stored on it  Shocked

You could print key information in the white space on dollar bills, to make them represent SDC. As long as you do not represent them as being worth more than $1 in US legal tender you're legal. The advantage of that is you can register the serial numbers of the bills, and anyone who tries to counterfeit your paper SDC gets to deal with the Secret Service because they have to also counterfeit US currency in the process.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
lawgicc

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 07:43:28 PM

Update: Friday, May 15 2015

Shadow Update v1.3.2.4

-Fixed the refetching of blocks from multiple peers (faster sync)
-Fixed the deadlocks in the Encrypted Messaging code

Shadow v1.3.2.4

Moving on...!

I'm back on ShadowGo (Android) while TV and st3bas are back on the HD wallet development. We're moving forward quickly and look forward to hearing about your first experiences.

Thank you for your continued support!

Have a great weekend.

The Shadow Team
Rynomster (lead developer)

woot woot

mrBitcoinZ.com
@mrB1tc01n
lawgicc

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 07:46:08 PM

You could print key information in the white space on dollar bills, to make them represent SDC. As long as you do not represent them as being worth more than $1 in US legal tender you're legal. The advantage of that is you can register the serial numbers of the bills, and anyone who tries to counterfeit your paper SDC gets to deal with the Secret Service because they have to also counterfeit US currency in the process.

Wouldnt that leave the person that made the original paper SDC that isnt representing more than $1 in US legal tender still going to get a visit from the Secret Service because they as well counterfeited the US currency, just added their own SDC tweaks?  Wouldnt that be the same case for someone who tried copying someone elses paper SDC?

mrBitcoinZ.com
@mrB1tc01n
skip60

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 07:52:20 PM

soon we will see 43k sdc price, if it breaks 43k then we will be looking for new base

no volume, no newcomers/new bloods...

better core team updates the community and confirms that Q2 is still valid for marketplace, or they revise the date before it is end of Q2

if they need to revise the date, better they dont wait till end of Q2 to revise it

obvious troll is obvious

i will remind it to you when 43k comes

45k came, 43k price is not far, even lower we will see this weekend
TrialByError

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 07:55:00 PM

I had the same issue when I had the wallet set to open when I logged in to my computer. Although, simply closing and reopening the wallet fixed it.

I don't have the wallet set to start on boot, and no amount of closing and reopening will remedy the problem. I have recompiled the wallet from source several times hoping that would fix it, to no avail. I am really frustrated by this, anyone else have any ideas?
sexystick

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

Bitcoin & Litecoin Accepted Here

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 07:58:02 PM

soon we will see 43k sdc price, if it breaks 43k then we will be looking for new base

better core team updates the community and confirms that Q2 is still valid for marketplace, or they revise the date before it is end of Q2

if they need to revise the date, better they dont wait till end of Q2 to revise it

obvious troll is obvious

Still higher than old ATH of 40...
... and way higher than when you bowed out
Kuriso

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 08:05:17 PM

You could print key information in the white space on dollar bills, to make them represent SDC.

hmmm printing keys on dollar bills...  Could we use this for some kind of marketing campaign?  Kind of like the 'where's george' tracker for dollars.  250+ million bills have been entered and tracked for a total of 1.35 billion dollars. 

For those that are not familiar with this:
https://www.google.com/search?q=wheres+george&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=8EpWVfjyOMG6sQXvyIGgBg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAg&biw=1920&bih=965

Some rough ideas on how can we make this work.

Need a stamp to mark dollar bills and a website to track those dollars.  The site will provide information about SDC and could act like a faucet.  Make the bill redeemable for $1 worth of SDC or maybe just 1 SDC.  To earn the SDC the person would need to enter the information on the bill, download the wallet, and provide a new address for receiving the free SDC.  There needs to be a simple how-to from start to finish.

This could work really good if the market was functional.  We can create an official SDC store that could sell some cheap items like SDC branded stickers, key chains, etc... Just some things cheap enough to get them to spend that free SDC and see it in action.

If done right, this tracking site could generate some ad revenue too.  This revenue should be used to buy more SDC for the faucet and inventory for the official store.
Pline

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 08:21:01 PM

obvious troll is obvious

Lol, only 2.5 BTC worth of Shadow for sale under 50K on trex.  I will pump it for you skippy.
Pages: « 1 ... 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 [396] 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: