Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:41:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 [441] 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289610 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Schild_

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 04:10:27 PM

I love watching this video over and over again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPcwAToJYtY
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hitchcoin

Activity: 326
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 06:35:37 PM

benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2015, 07:49:49 PM

Hi benthach i see you are trying to buy in low again xD Every time this guy shows up you know big news/updates are inc.

i don't buy shit coin and never will. there are many photoshopped markets out there which look way better than your market, nxt freemarket, syscoin market and openbazaar ect which already have evidence it exist. your don't.

Hi benthach,  its ok to be a troll.  what coin do you invest in?

i invested in DIBS, it look more promising than shadowmarket photoshopped as it have DIBS auction market. you will be in DIBS shit if you not invest in it now.

I assume your definition of "photoshopped" means a functioning, downloadable UI that fully syncs with the blockchain for which it was built?  lol take it for what you want, but please brush up on your english before you cast yourself upon us. 

You remind me of the types I throw a dollar at while waiting at stoplights just so you'll go away.  If I give you a dollar worth of DIBS will you move on to the next car?  Grin

woof! woof!
i heard a dog is barking
or is it just a bagholder sniffing on my behind?

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 08:26:36 PM

Why wait for the Android wallet? (I know it's coming.  Smiley)

What do you think the chances are of the Ubuntu wallet running on Ubuntu Touch for phones? I'll root a phone and try it, unless someone knows of a reason why it won't work.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
QuasiPuppet

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 07:02:37 AM

Could some please explain how to withdraw from the multipool? I have no clue on what is going on there. Genereated bitcoin address? How do I use this generated address.
catotune

Activity: 422

Meow

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2015, 03:01:16 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2015, 03:25:17 PM by catotune

The weirdest thing happened this morning, and I can't figure it out.

I have the shadowcoind daemon running on a Linux VPS (compiled from https://github.com/SDCDev/shadowcoin.git), and at some point this morning, it sent 987.0377 SDC to this wallet address:

http://explorer.shadow.cash/address/SRhRshfj82vhtdfb9gfSJfRggedextZoG5

which I do not seem to own. My shell history indicates no use of shadowcoind for sending to this address, and no other user has logged into the system besides me. This amount appears to be the only transaction for SRhRshfj82vhtdfb9gfSJfRggedextZoG5 and it hasn't moved out (yet) from that address.

I did recently compile the daemon from source and re-used my wallet from a previous VPS. The address SRhRshfj82vhtdfb9gfSJfRggedextZoG5 does not appear in my wallet however when I try to dumpprivkey or listaddressgroupings, so I don't know where that address could have come from.

Does anyone have any idea what could have happened, or how I can troubleshoot this further?

EDIT: And the coins just moved from SRhRshfj82vhtdfb9gfSJfRggedextZoG5 to another address - honestly, I care less about the financial loss than I am curious about what the heck just happened! Also, if I was hacked, why didn't they take all of my SDC instead of this arbitrary amount?
Wheatclove

Activity: 606

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 04:03:00 PM

I have the shadowcoind daemon running on a Linux VPS (compiled from https://github.com/SDCDev/shadowcoin.git), and at some point this morning, it sent 987.0377 SDC to this wallet address:

which I do not seem to own. My shell history indicates no use of shadowcoind for sending to this address, and no other user has logged into the system besides me. This amount appears to be the only transaction for SRhRshfj82vhtdfb9gfSJfRggedextZoG5 and it hasn't moved out (yet) from that address.

I did recently compile the daemon from source and re-used my wallet from a previous VPS. The address SRhRshfj82vhtdfb9gfSJfRggedextZoG5 does not appear in my wallet however when I try to dumpprivkey or listaddressgroupings, so I don't know where that address could have come from.

Does anyone have any idea what could have happened, or how I can troubleshoot this further?

EDIT: And the coins just moved from SRhRshfj82vhtdfb9gfSJfRggedextZoG5 to another address - honestly, I care less about the financial loss than I am curious about what the heck just happened! Also, if I was hacked, why didn't they take all of my SDC instead of this arbitrary amount?

Were you staking?
catotune

Meow

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2015, 04:15:39 PM

Were you staking?

Yes
erok

Activity: 896

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 06:39:02 PM

Hey guys, I've been away for a while. Is the ANN/OP up to date?

Your probably better off referencing the last update from the dev which I won't repost because of what happened last time I did that... (there be ninjas in them thar trees)

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
dasource

Activity: 821

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 09:26:18 PM

http://shadowchain.info/address/SRgmmowW3vfr7NStrvpAnyWqgYRDRNEHEZ

Looks like that address was cleared out, there was two transactions 1x 19.x and then few hours later another for the 900.x ...
Few days prior to that you was staking ...

Where you previously staking on a windows device? is it possible that has been compromised?
Do you use encrypted wallets and when you unlock do you "unlock for staking" or "fully unlock"?

^ I am with STUPID!
catotune

Meow

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2015, 10:41:31 PM

Looks like that address was cleared out, there was two transactions 1x 19.x and then few hours later another for the 900.x ...

Where you previously staking on a windows device? is it possible that has been compromised?
Do you use encrypted wallets and when you unlock do you "unlock for staking" or "fully unlock"?

I'm embarrassed to say that this wallet was actually unlocked (I know, I know), but it was on a private VPS, so technically only I had access. My previous VPS had a similar setup. I think at one point I had the private key in a wallet that was on a Windows machine, but that wallet was definitely locked.

I have since moved my remaining SDC to a different address, locked my Linux wallet, and wrote a script that unlocks it for staking only, periodically.

Perhaps at some point somebody (maybe a systems administrator for one of the VPS providers?) must have had access to my wallet / private key? I am really scratching my head over this one. Maybe other folks will share similar experiences e.g. anyone whose funds have been consoliated into the same address: http://explorer.shadow.cash/address/SkF9vSECFqDgiZniG6HHcmTdsssDj7akVV

Thanks for your response!
Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 11:10:34 PM

I'm embarrassed to say that this wallet was actually unlocked (I know, I know), but it was on a private VPS, so technically only I had access. My previous VPS had a similar setup. I think at one point I had the private key in a wallet that was on a Windows machine, but that wallet was definitely locked.

I have since moved my remaining SDC to a different address, locked my Linux wallet, and wrote a script that unlocks it for staking only, periodically.

Perhaps at some point somebody (maybe a systems administrator for one of the VPS providers?) must have had access to my wallet / private key? I am really scratching my head over this one. Maybe other folks will share similar experiences e.g. anyone whose funds have been consoliated into the same address: http://explorer.shadow.cash/address/SkF9vSECFqDgiZniG6HHcmTdsssDj7akVV

Thanks for your response!

Why a VPS for a wallet? It just seems like that opens you up to a whole new category of risks.

It's probably best to keep all your keys on a machine you possess directly, no? All my running wallets are on a locked down Linux machine and all my wallet data is on a CD-Rom in a bank vault. Even if someone were able to get the machine out of my place without getting himself shot full of holes ("Get off my lawn!"), he had better crack the passwords before the bank opens in the morning because I have wallets installed on my machine at work and in my mining facility and 15 minutes after I get there those wallets will be emptied by me. That's the kind of security you should be thinking about if you have significant crypto holdings.

Maybe you should get a new VPS provider too. Odds are it happened there. Maybe an employee thought he could get away with stealing if he only took a little bit at a time? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWHniL8MyMM

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
St3baS

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 12:54:39 PM

The amount of time these trolls have to just talk rubbish never ceases to amaze me. Here we are spending time on things that actually matter and make a difference and I look back for 2 pages and I just see people that literally have nothing better to do with their time.

To me, time is a valuable asset - I could never imagine spending it going on another coins thread and just being a c**t for the sake of it... Anyway... each to their own. I just think that you 'trolls' trying to outsmart and outwit the next response makes me look at you as a person as very sad and pathetic (for want of a better word).

To the rest of you, We are progressing with development , there will be some cool stuff released soon and we aren't deterred nor do we even take notice of the fud and stupidity that goes on in the public space that is BCT.

Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 01:03:19 PM

nor do we even take notice of the fud and stupidity that goes on in the public space that is BCT.
Me neither as I love to fill my Hall of Shame Tongue
Diplo

Activity: 142

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 03:07:14 PM

The amount of time these trolls have to just talk rubbish never ceases to amaze me. Here we are spending time on things that actually matter and make a difference and I look back for 2 pages and I just see people that literally have nothing better to do with their time.

To me, time is a valuable asset - I could never imagine spending it going on another coins thread and just being a c**t for the sake of it... Anyway... each to their own. I just think that you 'trolls' trying to outsmart and outwit the next response makes me look at you as a person as very sad and pathetic (for want of a better word).

To the rest of you, We are progressing with development , there will be some cool stuff released soon and we aren't deterred nor do we even take notice of the fud and stupidity that goes on in the public space that is BCT.

Couldn't of said it better.  Time is limited, and our resources are better spent creating things rather than trying to destroy the work of others.
catotune

Meow

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 08:45:42 PM

Why a VPS for a wallet? It just seems like that opens you up to a whole new category of risks.

It's probably best to keep all your keys on a machine you possess directly, no? All my running wallets are on a locked down Linux machine and all my wallet data is on a CD-Rom in a bank vault. Even if someone were able to get the machine out of my place without getting himself shot full of holes ("Get off my lawn!"), he had better crack the passwords before the bank opens in the morning because I have wallets installed on my machine at work and in my mining facility and 15 minutes after I get there those wallets will be emptied by me. That's the kind of security you should be thinking about if you have significant crypto holdings.

Maybe you should get a new VPS provider too. Odds are it happened there. Maybe an employee thought he could get away with stealing if he only took a little bit at a time? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWHniL8MyMM

I agree with you on all counts. I have most of my wallets under more secure settings, but I just got sloppy with this one; this was a good wake up call. While I still might leave it on a (new) Linux VPS for convenience, I am not leaving my wallet (with my new address) unlocked  Tongue
Diplo

Activity: 142

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 12:46:00 AM

How secure is to it unlock wallet for "staking only"? Is that as secure as leaving it locked, or does that reduce the security of it to a degree? (This is on my machine, not a leased server) I like to stake of course, but I don't want to risk losing what I have, worst case  Grin (i'm pretty anal about security in general though)
-Lux-

Activity: 200

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 12:47:35 AM

why does the price keep going all weird and shit?

SHADOW ◈ Anonymous POS ◈ Ring Signatures ◈ Encrypted Messaging ◈
SHADOW ◈ Open Source Project ◈ User Friendly Wallet ◈ Built-in Anonymous Market ◈
SHADOWHOME PAGEFORUMWIKI
catotune

Meow

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 01:04:43 AM

How secure is to it unlock wallet for "staking only"? Is that as secure as leaving it locked, or does that reduce the security of it to a degree? (This is on my machine, not a leased server) I like to stake of course, but I don't want to risk losing what I have, worst case  Grin (i'm pretty anal about security in general though)

I would say "unlocked for staking only" is slightly less secure than leaving your wallet locked, only because to unlock it for staking you have to enter your password, which a keystroke logger could capture (Then again if you leave it locked, you would still have to enter your password at some point if you want to send SDC anywhere). If there is any other reason it is less secure I am not aware of it.
erok

Activity: 896

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 03:43:59 AM

why does the price keep going all weird and shit?
It has been steady for months. 45-55k range. Not many people sell in the 40's but people still try to trick people into it with minor attempts at manipulation by using minidumps during skinny support periods.

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
Pages: « 1 ... 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 [441] 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: