Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:52:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 [432] 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289610 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BaxterJames

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 06:42:59 PM

Last 24 hours we saw a big rise in altcoins listed at btc38. as we all know, SDC is not listed there. China being the biggest crypto-country worldwide, it looks important to me have the upcoming shadowmarket also available in chinese. Is there any news wheater it will be abvailable in chinese?

http://www.btc38.com/trade/vote_for_trade_en.html

Nice. Someone voted with .5BTC this week

Feel free to show some support for SDC on BTC38's thread => https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522458.0

Also done, it's very easy to sell a project when it has so much going for it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cecilbdemented

Activity: 383
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 01:02:48 AM

Taking me days to sync the Mac qt...is this normal?  Keep closing and reopening...often becomes unresponsive then comes back but it just syncs little bits at a time. 
Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 05:46:02 AM

Taking me days to sync the Mac qt...is this normal?  Keep closing and reopening...often becomes unresponsive then comes back but it just syncs little bits at a time. 

Are you using the bootstrap? I could see the blockchain taking a long time if you don't. It could also be a hardware problem, not enough RAM maybe? Or do you have a lot of other stuff running simultaneously? Syncing uses a lot of resources.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
rustynailer

Activity: 725
Merit: 501

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 06:28:10 AM

The end of Q2 is coming around fast, how is the progress going?
-Lux-

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 06:39:36 AM

im so excited about this crypto! im wondering the same  Cool

SHADOW ◈ Anonymous POS ◈ Ring Signatures ◈ Encrypted Messaging ◈
SHADOW ◈ Open Source Project ◈ User Friendly Wallet ◈ Built-in Anonymous Market ◈
SHADOWHOME PAGEFORUMWIKI
skip60

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 01:09:28 PM

where did everybody go...Huh

summer vacation?

it is like dead here
Wheatclove

Activity: 606

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 01:22:02 PM

Closing and reopening will only cause issues. Some nodes may ban your IP for suspicious behavior. I'd use the bootstrap if I were you.
bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 02:11:12 AM

where did everybody go...Huh

summer vacation?

it is like dead here

Calm before the storm.
erok

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 02:17:20 AM

A while ago they posted that they are delaying release a little but should have a video of the whole setup in beta style by end of q2. full release should be shortly after.

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
Americunt

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 09:35:41 PM

Shadow gets mentioned again on DeepDotWeb, in its DNM Recap: State of the Union June 17th post.

Here's the link: https://www.deepdotweb.com/2015/06/17/dnm-recap-state-of-the-union-june-17th/

Thanks for the link Americunt. I have a feeling the financial impact of Shadowmarket is going to be larger than most anticipated. I wasn't aware that the lead developer of OpenBazaar also works for one of the largest CIA contractors. That's going to be a tough sell any way you look at it.. lel. Based on the contents of the article, I foresee a massive infusion of DN capital into SDC as the ShadowMarket release draws nearer. 2015 is shaping up to be the year of the Shadow.

I couldn't agree more GameOfCoins, the DNM's are crying out for a solution and all the other options are looking less and less likely to have any real impact.  

According to the Q&A Shadow will support I2P and Tor (not TOR...), Tails ships both.
Someone should figure out how to install Shadow on Tails before the market gets released, so that all DNM buyers and vendors have enough time to start using it.

And since everyone would run the same OS, it would be much easier to help them if they had any questions.

If Shadow gets on Tails, the market gets released and some people start using it, the DNMs will slowly become obsolete.
Automatic Monkey

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 10:21:54 PM

Shadow gets mentioned again on DeepDotWeb, in its DNM Recap: State of the Union June 17th post.

Here's the link: https://www.deepdotweb.com/2015/06/17/dnm-recap-state-of-the-union-june-17th/

Thanks for the link Americunt. I have a feeling the financial impact of Shadowmarket is going to be larger than most anticipated. I wasn't aware that the lead developer of OpenBazaar also works for one of the largest CIA contractors. That's going to be a tough sell any way you look at it.. lel. Based on the contents of the article, I foresee a massive infusion of DN capital into SDC as the ShadowMarket release draws nearer. 2015 is shaping up to be the year of the Shadow.

I couldn't agree more GameOfCoins, the DNM's are crying out for a solution and all the other options are looking less and less likely to have any real impact.  

According to the Q&A Shadow will support I2P and Tor (not TOR...), Tails ships both.
Someone should figure out how to install Shadow on Tails before the market gets released, so that all DNM buyers and vendors have enough time to start using it.

And since everyone would run the same OS, it would be much easier to help them if they had any questions.

If Shadow gets on Tails, the market gets released and some people start using it, the DNMs will slowly become obsolete.

No reason it shouldn't run on TAILS just as it is. Easy enough to test now. Only problem is this is a staking coin, TAILS is intended for intermittent use and people might not want to give up the >2% payments. But many people living in sensitive areas where even having the blockchain on your hard drive is a liability might.

A neat application might be to just have everything associated with SDC written to a USB drive that you can lose if necessary. Same for a Shadow phone, put it all on the SD card so if you remove it not even a shadow remains.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
DJ Crypto

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 10:47:45 PM

Hi, I have downloaded the wallet from the OP and my wallet current version is v1.3.2.4-1-g4d0a0bc and is asking me for checkpoints and to upgrade. So can anyone point me to updated version?
cecilbdemented

Activity: 383
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 11:39:28 PM

Are you using the bootstrap? I could see the blockchain taking a long time if you don't. It could also be a hardware problem, not enough RAM maybe? Or do you have a lot of other stuff running simultaneously? Syncing uses a lot of resources.

Thanks, the bootstrap was a must.  I don't know if it's just me but syncing is very slow...every time there's a new block it takes a few minutes to catch up.  Not a huge deal but would like to see the devs fix that eventually, I like to see check marks on my wallets.   Cool
Americunt

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 10:01:38 AM

No reason it shouldn't run on TAILS just as it is. Easy enough to test now. Only problem is this is a staking coin, TAILS is intended for intermittent use and people might not want to give up the >2% payments. But many people living in sensitive areas where even having the blockchain on your hard drive is a liability might.

A neat application might be to just have everything associated with SDC written to a USB drive that you can lose if necessary. Same for a Shadow phone, put it all on the SD card so if you remove it not even a shadow remains.

What if staking would work on Tails? I think most people will use SDT instead of SDC for transactions just because they can and also for privacy reasons.

Bitcoin-qt works on Tails, the client also has an option to use Tor, couldn't Shadow have something similar? Some sort of checkbox which you can check if you're running Shadow on a OS that has I2P or Tor.

I'd rather use Tails for sensitive things, i.e. all financial and privacy matters, simply to seperate my working machine from everything else.

By any chance do you know what dependencies Shadow needs to run on Tails? If so we should try it out and get it to work, maybe post some instructions on The Hub forums, DeepDotWeb etc., allowing others to follow a step-by-step guide.

How big is the current Shadow blockchain?
dasource

Activity: 821

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 10:54:55 AM

Hi, I have downloaded the wallet from the OP and my wallet current version is v1.3.2.4-1-g4d0a0bc and is asking me for checkpoints and to upgrade. So can anyone point me to updated version?

That is the latest version .. please use it with the bootstrap for a quick sync ... detail found here : http://shadowcash.info/x/MAAV

^ I am with STUPID!
dasource

Activity: 821

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 10:57:38 AM

<snip>

What if staking would work on Tails? I think most people will use SDT instead of SDC for transactions just because they can and also for privacy reasons.

Bitcoin-qt works on Tails, the client also has an option to use Tor, couldn't Shadow have something similar? Some sort of checkbox which you can check if you're running Shadow on a OS that has I2P or Tor.

I'd rather use Tails for sensitive things, i.e. all financial and privacy matters, simply to seperate my working machine from everything else.

By any chance do you know what dependencies Shadow needs to run on Tails? If so we should try it out and get it to work, maybe post some instructions on The Hub forums, DeepDotWeb etc., allowing others to follow a step-by-step guide.

Staking will work on Tails but the point being made was that you need "mature" coins and also people may not keep there Tails installation online 24x7 .. hence you miss out on staking.
I see no reason why you could not run Shadow on Tails today.
Current Block chain is roughly 300M.

^ I am with STUPID!
Americunt

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 01:01:09 PM

<snip>

Staking will work on Tails but the point being made was that you need "mature" coins and also people may not keep there Tails installation online 24x7 .. hence you miss out on staking.

What about using ShadowChat to securely exchange SDT addresses for transfering funds back and forth?
One could use Tails for one's daily spendings or earnings and later on simply transfer them back to the "staking" machine.

If it's possible to run Shadow on Tails could you please be so kind and release some short of short instructions on how to install it? So some of us could test it on Tails.

Am I correct to assume that I have to build it? But first installing all the necessary packages from https://github.com/SDCDev/shadowcoin/blob/master/doc/readme-qt.rst ? Or is there an easier way of getting it done?
Automatic Monkey

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 03:50:31 PM

<snip>

What about using ShadowChat to securely exchange SDT addresses for transfering funds back and forth?
One could use Tails for one's daily spendings or earnings and later on simply transfer them back to the "staking" machine.

If it's possible to run Shadow on Tails could you please be so kind and release some short of short instructions on how to install it? So some of us could test it on Tails.

Am I correct to assume that I have to build it? But first installing all the necessary packages from https://github.com/SDCDev/shadowcoin/blob/master/doc/readme-qt.rst ? Or is there an easier way of getting it done?

These are good points. An SDT address is untraceable online so it can be openly revealed online, but I think what you're getting at with TAILS is what happens if your machine is physically under control of authorities and they can look at your wallet, see your addresses and transaction history, and link that to the things they observed online. Under your system all they would see is a SDC installation, with occasional transactions going to an SDT address, and that SDT address is in a wallet in your TAILS drive that is stored somewhere else.

Something like this would be important for sellers in a reputation-based market, because that reputation will be linked to an address and they can't change that all the time if they want to build up a reputation.

Another thing that would be helpful is tight security in the wallet installation itself. It would be nice if the wallet could be open and staking, but you have to enter a strong password to be able to see any information from it at all. Also we should be able to delete old addresses, and when the wallet deletes information it wipes and overwrites it as well.

dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 06:43:11 PM

The wallet needs some sort of alias feature so vendors and customers can be identified by there alias instead of Address.
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 06:44:03 PM

The wallet needs some sort of alias feature so vendors and customers can be identified by there alias instead of Address.

agreed and brought it up before.
http://openalias.org/

Pages: « 1 ... 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 [432] 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: