Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:19:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 [427] 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289610 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 10:09:14 AM

Got this error on the latest source.

Code:
net.cpp: In function ‘void StartNode(boost::thread_group&)’:
net.cpp:1770:33: error: ‘USE_UPNP’ was not declared in this scope
make: *** [obj/net.o] Error 1

Any ideas?

Compile without the "USE_UPNP" parameter.

Tried that already:

Code:
net.cpp:19:32: fatal error: miniupnpc/miniwget.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [obj/net.o] Error

Don't want to install UPnP.

Why was the use of USE_UPNP disabled?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BaxterJames

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 11:27:18 AM

First batch of ShadowMarket questions is answered here: http://aboutshadow.com/index.php/shadowmarket/q-a
dasource

Activity: 821

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 11:55:37 AM

Code:

Any ideas?

Tried that already:

Code:
compilation terminated.

Yeah you will need to install that; You can disable it post install.
IIRC the reason was related to Android wallet integration ... for the moment it is required during install.

^ I am with STUPID!
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 12:29:57 PM

Code:

Any ideas?

Tried that already:

Code:
compilation terminated.

IIRC the reason was related to Android wallet integration ... for the moment it is required during install.

First Bitcoin based coin that I have ever come across that does not allow the USE_UPNP=- flag.

UPnP has had some pretty major vulnerabilities in the past and almost certainly still has some. The convenience, for me, is not worth the security risk however slight that might be.

I will wait until the USE_UPNP=- flag is hopefully restored.
St3baS

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 02:36:02 PM

Code:

Any ideas?

Tried that already:

Code:
compilation terminated.

First Bitcoin based coin that I have ever come across that does not allow the USE_UPNP=- flag.

UPnP has had some pretty major vulnerabilities in the past and almost certainly still has some. The convenience, for me, is not worth the security risk however slight that might be.

I will wait until the USE_UPNP=- flag is hopefully restored.

Hi ethought,

Please do a pull and try again.

Let me know if you make some progress.

Regards,
St3baS

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 04:27:06 PM

After all the hype, OpenBazaar has gone legit. I guess its the new ebay  Roll Eyes

http://www.coindesk.com/openbazaar-raises-1-million-from-silicon-valley-giants/

dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 06:14:08 PM

After all the hype, OpenBazaar has gone legit. I guess its the new ebay  Roll Eyes

Shocked I DOUBT IT !  Roll Eyes
GameOfCoins

Activity: 16

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 07:15:03 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2015, 07:40:03 PM by GameOfCoins

https://i.imgur.com/4vqY7nT.jpg

Update: Thursday, June 11 2015

It’s time for another development update to bring you up to speed with recent changes in the Shadow project. For the past weeks our development efforts were mostly focused on bip32 development, adding security improvements to ShadowCore and working on ShadowMarkets front-end. We expect some exciting development updates in the upcoming month. For now, let’s look at the changes implemented last month.

-Added new HTML address lookups and edit dialogues
-Added new HTML sign and verify dialogues
-Removed qt address, sign and verify dialogues
-Added preparations for gitian builds

Security Update

In light of the unfortunate incidents involving crypto malware hacks; going forward before we release any further Shadow updates we are implementing gitian builds into our releases so that we can distribute safe and secure executables to prevent any fake builds going out to the public for the purpose of malicious activity. We strongly advice you only download from official websites and if in doubt double check.

ShadowMarket Development

Due to the recent unfortunate malware hacks in the crypto community we decided the work we were doing on ShadowCore including the addition of hierarchical deterministic (HD) wallet required more time and resources to ensure that it was ready to support services such as “hardware wallet” in the future. This involved going back to the drawing board and redesigning the implementation. The good news is that once complete this will be the first native implementation of a hierarchical deterministic wallet within the satoshi forked codebase. In the mean time our developers are getting closer to finishing the front-end (html/css/js) of ShadowMarket and are building the best user-interface experience. Our goal is to finish the ShadowMarket front-end before the end of Q2 so that we can show you a sneak preview of how everything will work.

ShadowMarket Q&A and Roadmap

To answer some of your questions, we have answered a first round of questions that you asked us during the ShadowMarket Q&A last month. The answers can now be found on on the ShadowMarket section of our website. To summarize all progress and make things easier to understand we have created a very clear roadmap for ShadowMarket. As we progress we will actively update this roadmap so that everybody can follow exactly where we are in terms of progress.

Upcoming Releases

Our Android wallet (ShadowGo) is nearing a beta testing stage. QT5.5 beta just got released which, with its new qtwebengine will make everything much easier and faster to develop and get out onto the Android platform. The new version of ShadowGo will include the following new features:

-Latest HTML5 Interface
-Thin mode (lite wallet)
-Anonymous Chat
-Anonymous Transactions

That covers our development updates for this week. If you have any questions regarding recent or upcoming changes you can contact us via IRC, slack, shadowtalk or github.

The Shadow Team
Rynomster (lead developer)

Thanks for all the hard work!

After all the hype, OpenBazaar has gone legit. I guess its the new ebay  Roll Eyes

This is great news for the SDC developers and the shadow market project! It is proof that the decentralized marketplace concept is a viable investment for tech investment funds. There are numerous libertarian billionaires that could look to Shadow for an alternative investment more along the lines of their own political ideology. The "Paypal Mafia" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PayPal_Mafia) are known libertarians along with Elon Musk who btw is also South African just like our development team! Unlike the OpenBazaar developers who are tied into a separate currency and development in Bitcoin, SDC has both a currency and marketplace to go along with it and thus have much more flexibility designing, developing and maintaining the system.

All this and the laughably low current $0.14 price should look very attractive to venture capital firms looking to follow the benchmark just set by Andreessen Horowitz and Union Square Ventures. Venture capital firms have a history of 1upping the other in a competing investments. SDC seems like the only other viable project being developed that improves upon Bitcoin and OpenBazaar in terms of interface, use-ability, transactional speed and of course privacy.

The next step is to make it easier for fiat capital to flow into SDC. That way tech investors can invest directly in the project something that isn't possible with OpenBazaar and Bitcoin since they are separate projects with separate teams. This project needs a fiat currency pairing ASAP! Everyone in the community should be e-mailing the top BTC exchanges, like BTC38.com, that support fiat and ask them for a ShadowCash pairing. Make sure to mention the recent motherboard article so they know this project is already on the radar of the mainstream!

http://aboutshadow.com/images/Marketplace_roadmap_v2.png
Giam1piero

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 08:48:18 PM

the coin behind the object hit by light
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 08:51:07 PM

Interesting quotes from article
Those backing the project say they don't support the utilization of the technology for illegal trade, a use case cited by some who see OpenBazaar as a way for dark web markets to flourish without any centralized points of failure. Sellers could use the peer-to-peer nature of OpenBazaar to trade directly instead of through a centrally controlled marketplace, thereby avoiding the kinds of operational weaknesses that ultimately led to the downfall of Silk Road.

Burnham acknowledged that the protocol could be used by dark market operators, but stressed the OpenBazaar developers have no interest in supporting such use cases.

Most telling:
“They certainly won’t be in the business of providing enhanced services to marketplaces that are selling illegal goods,” he noted.
Tears on Dope

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Child At Heart

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 11:25:29 PM

anyone know where to buy BTC with debit card liberty x is not available to me anymore :/

DopeCoin. Freedom Is Not Enough.
First weed-related coin.
Wheatclove

Activity: 606
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 11:31:51 PM

It’s time for another development update to bring you up to speed with recent changes in the Shadow project. For the past weeks our development efforts were mostly focused on bip32 development, adding security improvements to ShadowCore and working on ShadowMarkets front-end. We expect some exciting development updates in the upcoming month. For now, let’s look at the changes implemented last month.

Security Update

In light of the unfortunate incidents involving crypto malware hacks; going forward before we release any further Shadow updates we are implementing gitian builds into our releases so that we can distribute safe and secure executables to prevent any fake builds going out to the public for the purpose of malicious activity. We strongly advice you only download from official websites and if in doubt double check.

ShadowMarket Development

Due to the recent unfortunate malware hacks in the crypto community we decided the work we were doing on ShadowCore including the addition of hierarchical deterministic (HD) wallet required more time and resources to ensure that it was ready to support services such as “hardware wallet” in the future. This involved going back to the drawing board and redesigning the implementation. The good news is that once complete this will be the first native implementation of a hierarchical deterministic wallet within the satoshi forked codebase. In the mean time our developers are getting closer to finishing the front-end (html/css/js) of ShadowMarket and are building the best user-interface experience. Our goal is to finish the ShadowMarket front-end before the end of Q2 so that we can show you a sneak preview of how everything will work.

To answer some of your questions, we have answered a first round of questions that you asked us during the ShadowMarket Q&A last month. The answers can now be found on on the ShadowMarket section of our website. To summarize all progress and make things easier to understand we have created a very clear roadmap for ShadowMarket. As we progress we will actively update this roadmap so that everybody can follow exactly where we are in terms of progress.

Upcoming Releases

Our Android wallet (ShadowGo) is nearing a beta testing stage. QT5.5 beta just got released which, with its new qtwebengine will make everything much easier and faster to develop and get out onto the Android platform. The new version of ShadowGo will include the following new features:

-Latest HTML5 Interface
-Thin mode (lite wallet)
-Anonymous Chat
-Anonymous Transactions

That covers our development updates for this week. If you have any questions regarding recent or upcoming changes you can contact us via IRC, slack, shadowtalk or github.

The Shadow Team

Thanks for all the hard work!

After all the hype, OpenBazaar has gone legit. I guess its the new ebay  Roll Eyes

This is great news for the SDC developers and the shadow market project! It is proof that the decentralized marketplace concept is a viable investment for tech investment funds. There are numerous libertarian billionaires that could look to Shadow for an alternative investment more along the lines of their own political ideology. The "Paypal Mafia" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PayPal_Mafia) are known libertarians along with Elon Musk who btw is also South African just like our development team! Unlike the OpenBazaar developers who are tied into a separate currency and development in Bitcoin, SDC has both a currency and marketplace to go along with it and thus have much more flexibility designing, developing and maintaining the system.

All this and the laughably low current $0.14 price should look very attractive to venture capital firms looking to follow the benchmark just set by Andreessen Horowitz and Union Square Ventures. Venture capital firms have a history of 1upping the other in a competing investments. SDC seems like the only other viable project being developed that improves upon Bitcoin and OpenBazaar in terms of interface, use-ability, transactional speed and of course privacy.

The next step is to make it easier for fiat capital to flow into SDC. That way tech investors can invest directly in the project something that isn't possible with OpenBazaar and Bitcoin since they are separate projects with separate teams. This project needs a fiat currency pairing ASAP! Everyone in the community should be e-mailing the top BTC exchanges, like BTC38.com, that support fiat and ask them for a ShadowCash pairing. Make sure to mention the recent motherboard article so they know this project is already on the radar of the mainstream!

Do I see BIP65 on that roadmap??? :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap:
luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 07:18:00 AM

this coin will rock the crypto world  Smiley

I think we may see one the most violent pump ever in this one

me, i want to use the market, so i will not sell a penny  Grin
child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 07:36:43 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2015, 09:29:39 AM by child_harold

Shadowers,

Relationships can be tricky.

Sometimes you love the bitch and if she hurts you things can get nasty.

For months I have been on and on about Zeuner, a man I think could help legitimise SDC's brave new crytpo scheme, and I feel let down. I respect the Team's decision to press ahead with further development before cementing achievements already made, namely ShadowSendv2. I cannot however agree with that decision. I am in the 1% of the crypto-community who apologises when they do wrong but I won't apologise for this.

My plans to launch a shitstorm on July 1st pending Zeuner might (and probably should) be toned down, then again they might not. I have no desire to hurt the one I love but, as I say, I simply feel the Team has let us down in this matter and this matter alone.

The continued achievements and development by the Team I salute and congratulate. I have no desire to derail their excellent work and I want all Team members to know I think they all rock.

Sadly though this whole Zeuner saga has been an unmitigated disaster.

I was in the jungle with Rambo SDCDev, wrestled with LongAndShort and got molested by some bitch called wheatclove. I enjoyed every second.

Don't let anybody tell you can and cannot do

I will take my leave till July 1st. Bye.

GameOfCoins

crz with cups of tea,
dasource with the code,
rynomster in Rambo Mode.
whaetclove some sick mistress
longandshort locks and loads.

blood in the streets, shadows in the sky,
"technovert and zeuner" sounds child's plaintive cry.

* child_harold goes walkabout

systh

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 09:28:57 AM

Shadowers,

Relationships can be tricky.

Sometimes you love the bitch and if she hurts you things can get nasty.

For months I have been on and on about Zeuner, a man I think could help legitimise SDC's brave new crytpo scheme, and I feel let down. I respect the Team's decision to press ahead with further development before cementing achievements already made, namely ShadowSendv2. I cannot however agree with that decision. I am in the 1% of the crypto-community who apologises when they do wrong but I won't apologise for this.

My plans to launch a shitstorm on July 1st pending Zeuner might (and probably should) be toned down, then again they might not. I have no desire to hurt the one I love but, as I say, I simply feel the Team has let us down in this matter and this matter alone.

The continued achievements and development by the Team I salute and congratulate. I have no desire to derail their excellent work and I want all Team members to know I think they all rock.

Sadly though this whole Zeuner saga has been an unmitigated disaster.

I was in the jungle with Rambo SDCDev, wrestled with LongAndShort and got molested by some bitch called wheatclove. I enjoyed every second.

(..)

Haven't you read that the community and devs decided on this together? You might not been around at the time, I wasn't either. I would too like to see the review, but I respect the decision of others (well, majority).
You sound really hurt by all this, but I don't see any reason for you to go postal. Do you really feel like the devs owe you something? Something more that they've already given you?

Here's a proposal for you – if you really truly feel that we desperately need the review, go ahead, contact _another_ cryptomaster and ask him to do so. Yeah, it won't be for free; it will be probably even more expensive than Isidor, but that's how it works.

So you either really care and will make some move about it or just patiently wait when the time comes. Not just bitch like a little girl, 'cos you didn't get the candy you want.
You've been a part of this community since before I came here, your enthusiasm was in times kinda overwhelming, but I get that, you're passionate about Shadow. That's good. What I can't understand is your will to do "the shitstorm" to throw it all away, just because something goes a different way that you want.

Take the walk, chill a bit, think about this and man, grow up a bit ;)

SNOVio – Decentralized Lead Generation  |   Telegram  |   Facebook
DopelessHopefiend

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 10:28:49 AM

anyone know where to buy BTC with debit card liberty x is not available to me anymore :/

Circle lets you do instant buys with debit cards at a $100 weekly limit.  You can probably get it upgraded higher.  I'm not sure.
Starin

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Infected Mushroom

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 10:38:36 AM

Circle lets you do instant buys with debit cards at a $100 weekly limit.  You can probably get it upgraded higher.  I'm not sure.

I also would like to suggest XAPO Debit Card, which has no limit when you upgrade. Mine will arrive in a few days, PM me if you would like to have some feedbacks.

DopelessHopefiend

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 10:43:47 AM

I wish you guys would just stop bitching about the Isidor situation.  Either contact him and see whats up or shut up and wait.  It's possible the review is done and they are waiting to release it.  It's also possible that the damning review that was posted before was real.  The devs have said nothing.  If you want an answer, find Isidor.  He at least owes an explanation for taking donations and apparently doing nothing.

It's been said many times but could use repeating.  There was a general consensus to focus on the technology first.  

It seems like we are behind schedule but that's fine; Sling has shown what happens when you hastily put out a shitty marketplace.  Many things are required to be done first; and properly before all the parts come together to create this wonderful game changing market.  Just keep buying cheap coins.  I'm positive that very soon there will be another big DNM bust; and probably an exit scam.  It would even be worth waiting to release after one of these events.
St3baS

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 01:55:11 PM

I wish you guys would just stop bitching about the Isidor situation.  Either contact him and see whats up or shut up and wait.  It's possible the review is done and they are waiting to release it.  It's also possible that the damning review that was posted before was real.  The devs have said nothing.  If you want an answer, find Isidor.  He at least owes an explanation for taking donations and apparently doing nothing.

It's been said many times but could use repeating.  There was a general consensus to focus on the technology first.  

It seems like we are behind schedule but that's fine; Sling has shown what happens when you hastily put out a shitty marketplace.  Many things are required to be done first; and properly before all the parts come together to create this wonderful game changing market.  Just keep buying cheap coins.  I'm positive that very soon there will be another big DNM bust; and probably an exit scam.  It would even be worth waiting to release after one of these events.

There was a damning review? I didn't even know
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 02:18:22 PM

Security Update

ShadowMarket Development

Upcoming Releases

-Latest HTML5 Interface
-Thin mode (lite wallet)
-Anonymous Chat
-Anonymous Transactions

The Shadow Team

Q.

I may have missed it, but will Shadow be running a ported version of Bitcoin Core 0.10?

Thanks
Pages: « 1 ... 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 [427] 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: