Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:56:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BITS][Bitstar] Now on Cryptopia, Nova and Yobit new wallet fork in testing  (Read 438030 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jakiman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011

jakiman is back!

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 01:57:45 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2015, 10:06:08 PM by jakiman

That message simply means your block chain is not up to date yet, please give it more time to sync.

It's been a whole day since it's been up to date but it still shows that message.
I've closed the wallet, relaunch and it syncs fine, says it's up to date but message still shows up on the bottom.

Not sure if it's accurate but my wallet is 2 to 4 blocks ahead of block explorer. (https://blockexperts.com/bits)
Coins that got staked while showing that message yesterday shows up in the block explorer correctly though.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mark81

Activity: 313
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 01:41:36 PM

Bitstar wallet runs perfectly on windows 10!
boacw

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 08:24:17 PM

Hi

Has someone succeeded in compiling bitstard on a raspberry pi?
I googled a lot, but can't find that much documentation on that subject, nor on the use of bitstard.
Anyone with a hint?
jakiman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011

jakiman is back!

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 05:44:42 AM

How's everyone? Everyone's been pretty quiet. I guess no news is good news? Grin

Mark81

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 06:09:20 AM

How's everyone? Everyone's been pretty quiet. I guess no news is good news? Grin

Hi Jaki! Here I'm feeling fine. Been watching this global equity markets  and wondering how will it benefit bitcoin. I'm hoping also for now that summer is over that this will activate more this forum. To Devs: Weeks without updates are not good promotion for this coin!
T3CLtd

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2015, 03:40:37 PM

No news is no news, to be honest.

Work is being done, as per, along with a number of other adventurous forays into potential commercial collaboration but, as ever, nothing is a done deal until it is a done deal and we are as much a slave to the normal grind of RL commerce as anyone.

The second superNET build cycle is progressing nicely, so that's something to report I guess.

bennana

Activity: 954
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 11:32:39 AM

Same problems for me here. Synchronizing through wallet is really buggy.  When i open the wallet (windows 10), synchronization starts and works pretty well for a few seconds. After that it gets stucked.

Log says :

ERROR: CheckProofOfStake() : INFO: read txPrev failed
WARNING: ProcessBlock(): check proof-of-stake failed for block
connection timeout

After restarting the wallet it goes the same way: few seconds of sync, then stucked.

What i tried so far:

-created a bitstar.conf file, added there the suggested settings as posted here above
-changed ports in the conf
-tried to use just a single peer

Any suggestions? Thank you!
Mark81

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 02:31:46 AM

I guess it would have nice to have some answer for question?
Rageee

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 09:44:56 AM

Sure has been very quiet the last couple of months.The synch problem I have had since I started with Bitstar last year. No update has fixed that for me yet. The only way I could solve it so I I did not have to be at the computer all the time and restart the wallet was to set up a macro that did that for me. I do have the "WARNING: Checkpoint is too old. Wait for block chain to download, or notify developers now" message but it does not seem to mess anything up so a very non critical bug. I understand that the developer has a lot on his plate outside of crypto but would be nice to get some kind of update at least once per month.
bennana

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 01:05:46 PM

Bitstar_Coin last active August 02, 2015.

Sure has been very quiet the last couple of months.The synch problem I have had since I started with Bitstar last year. No update has fixed that for me yet. The only way I could solve it so I I did not have to be at the computer all the time and restart the wallet was to set up a macro that did that for me. I do have the "WARNING: Checkpoint is too old. Wait for block chain to download, or notify developers now" message but it does not seem to mess anything up so a very non critical bug. I understand that the developer has a lot on his plate outside of crypto but would be nice to get some kind of update at least once per month.

Once you are up to date with your wallet, do the synch problems still persist?
QuadraQ

Activity: 480

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 09:08:39 PM

I've been using the latest wallet for months now without error (and I have a strong connection with other peers as well). Are you still having trouble? Development continues apace, just not much to report at the moment.
Mark81

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 01:51:19 AM
Last edit: October 20, 2015, 02:01:50 AM by Mark81

I've been using the latest wallet for months now without error (and I have a strong connection with other peers as well). Are you still having trouble? Development continues apace, just not much to report at the moment.

I had same problem a two months ago. I wasn't able to sync with network from nodes. I was able to do that before last updates to wallet. My connection isn't open through IP cause ISP uses NAT on ip4 so I don't know if that was reason and i get only 8 connection but that hasnt been problem earlier downloading blockchain from nodes. Luckily I am running two nodes so I was able to copy blockchain from other node to Usb stick. But what comes to this quietness from dev on this forum, it is frustrating. I had yesterday commented this post OP with +1, only to make point that dev should be more active and that was enough to get it removed? Way to go... Dev have been answering quite well on slack, but even there is lack of communication. So I guess if everyone are bit worried well I don't blame!

Edit: I also had windows 10 when I had these sync issues. My machine was off a week and couldn't sync from that. I usually keep both machines on 24/7 and then there have never been any sync issues.
T3CLtd

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2015, 07:18:54 AM

I had yesterday commented this post OP with +1, only to make point that dev should be more active and that was enough to get it removed?

Given that the Dev hasn't been online here since August I think we can safely assume it was BCT moderators who deleted the '+1' post, as they often do as part of general thread tidying.

Yes things are quiet here and, to some degree in SuperNET's Slack channel when it comes to this coin project. The simple answer is that we're not in a position to update because work is ongoing. There is an issue for BITS and some other sNET coins from the code refactoring that took place on the MGW, where they worked fine previously but stopped functioning properly with the change. Tracking these problems down takes time.

Making progress within a decentralised ecosystem such as sNET/NXT, with multiple project-arms is time-consuming and often frustratingly inefficient. These are the lessons we are having to learn when it comes to understanding how to both develop and work with this technology. There are key milestones we need to reach in order for BITS-related elements to move forward and unfortunately the realities of the unconventional environment mean those anticipated deliveries don't happen how and when you need them to, but they will happen.

Alongside work being done within SuperNET, a number of other approaches have been, and are being, made to select companies and organisations with a mind to creating real-world implementations and solutions to showcase the innovative nature of this technology. So it isn't all dependent on SuperNET's developmental path.

On a lighter note, I would like to comment on the discussion concerning the coin's wallet. Whilst, as with most tech at the bleeding-edge, there are going to be issues needing to be ironed out over time, my experience is that this one functions a lot better than some big-name wallets, such as Litecoin, when it comes to power-outages. After having to tediously re-index a Litecoin wallet three times following a series of power issues, I was pleasantly surprised to find the BITS wallet starting up with no such complaints.
gocrypto

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 12:56:15 PM

I did:
  • Encrypt and lock your wallet, this stops the wallet trying to stake while syncing to the network
  • Use the fast start pack, download the fast start zip from the download links above and unzip it to your roaming folder

but still its very slow ~ 0.30% progress per hour with 9 connections.

If there is good friendly soul, can you please upload more recent blockchain. Thanks!
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2015, 03:16:37 PM

I did:
  • Encrypt and lock your wallet, this stops the wallet trying to stake while syncing to the network
  • Use the fast start pack, download the fast start zip from the download links above and unzip it to your roaming folder

If there is good friendly soul, can you please upload more recent blockchain. Thanks!

I've found that the more connections you have when you are trying to sync (common for any wallet!) the longer it will take. Check your peers list (getpeerinfo), then take one from that list and add a connect line in your config to explicitly connect to only that peer:

connect=12.34.56.78

Once synced, remove the line and restart.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
bennana

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 04:20:10 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2015, 04:47:30 PM by bennana

I did:

I've found that the more connections you have when you are trying to sync (common for any wallet!) the longer it will take. Check your peers list (getpeerinfo), then take one from that list and add a connect line in your config to explicitly connect to only that peer:

connect=12.34.56.78

Once synced, remove the line and restart.

Thanks for suggesting and thanks to all others, who have written their solutions for that synch problem.

I think the most important thing is to automatically reboot the wallet every 2 or 3 minutes, done by a batch file for example. I tried to adjust the config file, with multiple peers or a single peer. Also tried without a config file at all. Every setting leads to a synch freeze, which appears independantly after 2 or 3 minutes.

So i guess the most effective way should consist of these steps:

1. Try to find out, which setting leads to highest synch speed (config, peers)
2. Get a look at the synch process. After how many seconds it will freeze? xx seconds
3. How long does it take to shut down the wallet? yy seconds
4. Set up a batch file for automatically shutting down the wallet after xx seconds. Let the batch reboot then after yy seconds.

Using the fast start package, you will have to synch from July, 16. For me it will take 15-20 hours before completing synch.
Bitstar_coin (OP)

Activity: 2422
Merit: 693

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 07:08:12 PM

Just a quick update, new fast start pack will be uploaded tomorrow, and we're working on a new wallet on a totally different code base, tests so far have been going good with the new wallet code, there should be a private headless build in the next week to make Supernet MGW work again, then after another week or 2 testing we'll release windows/mac versions, our plan is to do this whole release without a hard fork. 

After this update, keep watching this thread as we have a lot more plans in the pipeline Smiley

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
bitkokos2

Activity: 666
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 01:14:28 PM

Just a quick update, new fast start pack will be uploaded tomorrow, and we're working on a new wallet on a totally different code base, tests so far have been going good with the new wallet code, there should be a private headless build in the next week to make Supernet MGW work again, then after another week or 2 testing we'll release windows/mac versions, our plan is to do this whole release without a hard fork. 

After this update, keep watching this thread as we have a lot more plans in the pipeline Smiley

Nice, I hope you upload an up to date pack. My wallet is around 3 months back and doesn't seem to sync a single block and I have 3 active connections.
I have even forgotten thousands of BITS on bittrex and I must have lost thousands from not staking. LOL

By the way the MEGA host deleted the wallets so you have to re-upload them.
Bitstar_coin (OP)

Activity: 2422
Merit: 693

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 02:05:02 PM

New fast start pack: http://www.mediafire.com/download/6t165vfn4wy42mf/bitstar_faststart_051015.zip

Will sort the wallet links shortly

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
bitkokos2

Activity: 666
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 07:45:24 PM

worked like a charm!
fully synced but I got scared. Upon unlocking the wallet after it synced I found my balance to 0
Finally, I realized it gave me stake too fast, that's why my balance appeared as 0
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: