Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:08:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 [847] 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312365 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Bagatell

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 11:24:44 AM

Can we talk about bottoms now?
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
odysseas10

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 11:52:14 AM

+1

Chat has deviated from speculation once again.
papa_lazzarou

Activity: 649
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 12:24:20 PM

)    (
         (   Y   )
          \  |  /
 Roll Eyes

I just hope the accumulators think this is a low enough price for them, because how can you talk bottoms when someone can drop 250k xmr on the support like it happened the other day?

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 12:32:02 PM

The real reason for the emergency Fed meetings...I strong suggest clicking to read the entire post:

[...]

Thus contrary to popular delusions/expectation, rising interest rates in the USA will kick off a booming stock market that would double or triple by 2018. But before that boom, there will be a bear market trap because most investors think only domestically and will be looking the domestic fundamentals as Mike Maloney is and thus get trapped in a bear market fakeout, which will V bottom and shit to a sling shot as the international capital stampedes into the USA as this rising interest rate scenario will devastate all the economies outside the USA for numerous reasons including the fact that there $10 trillion in corporate bonds abroad denominated in US dollars meaning those borrowers are short the dollar! Also the numerous dollar pegs, such as the Yuan, Hong Kong, etc are going to break for a similar reason, causing a cascade domino contagion effect.

This bear trap is why gold and crypto-currencies have not likely seen their lows yet and I am still expecting a selloff in gold to $850 or below and Bitcoin to below $150. The rising interest rates will break the 35 year Treasury Bond bubble and cause massive cash to seek a home in the stock market. But first it will cause a liquidity crisis bear market fakeout crash because of so many people caught on the wrong side of the trade and needing to sell other liquid assets to cover.

Mike Maloney is observing the correlation of the monetary base diverge from the Whilshire 5000 (USA stock market capitalization) because the international capital inflows are starting to offset the rising interest rates (the market actually sets rates, not the Fed).

The emergency meetings of the Fed is because they are losing control. The market is raising the rates and there is nothing they can do to stop this freight train.

[...]

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 12:45:19 PM

Well we may start to see a decoupling here from Ethereum. Ethereum is down 12.89% and Monero is down only 3.88%. https://coinmarketcap.com/#USD

Didn't XMR follow ETH in the last dump? I have my buy orders in, but much lower than this just in case history repeats itself.

It has until recently. But now ETH is down 11.19% while XMR is down 0.63%. Also MAID that was following ETH has risen 23.64%. https://coinmarketcap.com/#USD XMR's support at current levels is way stronger than ETH support at current levels so a decoupling is quite possible.

If you look at a longer period of time then 1 day, so from the time when manipulators started with big dumps, on 8th April you will see that ETH decreased for 24% and Monero for 32% what is quite similar.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 01:00:19 PM

Monero looks very similar to last year.
It spiked in the spring, then hoovered around 0.002-0.0025 for some time and in autumn was dumped to 0.001.
We should see Monero rising and breaking the resistance on 0.004-0.0045 levels in order to be bullish in mid-long term. The long term bullish is when it basically says farewell to previous ATH from 2014.

Monero could potentially get demand from dark markets if some people are capable and willing to do it. Also, as Panama papers were published, the people who were revealed could potentially be interested in XMR. The problem is nobody cares to market to them (including me).  Cheesy We are basically sitting and hoping people will find XMR instead of us finding the people. As I said, I cannot blame anyone because I am as lazy and a free rider as everyone else.  Cool
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 01:03:07 PM

I told you guys a month or so ago, that XMR had broken out against BTC and that it wouldn't make lower lows w.r.t. to BTC, but you needed to sell some because the market is going to be incredibly volatile and bear market directed until later this year or Q1 2017.

I explained the reason in my prior post, if you click off to read the detailed post, you will learn something.

No one listens to me  even though I am nearly always correct on the markets. How many examples would you need. I called the first top in ETH, then the overall top in March before others did. I called the rise of silver from $25 to $48 and decline to $26 on Oct 2010 many months before it occurred. I called various moves in Bitcoin such as predicting on this forums last April or May that Bitcoin would rally to $320 then decline.

TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 01:08:06 PM

I told you guys a month or so ago, that XMR had broken out against BTC and that it wouldn't make lower lows w.r.t. to BTC, but you needed to sell some because the market is going to be incredibly volatile and bear market directed until later this year or Q1 2017.

I explained the reason in my prior post, if you click off to read the detailed post, you will learn something.

No one listens to me  even though I am nearly always correct on the markets. How many examples would you need. I called the first top in ETH, then the overall top in March before others did. I called the rise of silver from $25 to $48 and decline to $26 on Oct 2010 many months before it occurred. I called various moves in Bitcoin such as predicting on this forums last April or May that Bitcoin would rally to $320 then decline.

Wow! You must be a billionaire!
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 01:11:21 PM

And your point is? Either my predictions were correct or they weren't. Did you have a point?

Do you think I would be as objective if I was invested. Use your brain please (ego butthurt shit doesn't help a person be rational).

TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 01:23:48 PM

And your point is? Either my predictions were correct or they weren't. Did you have a point?

Do you think I would be as objective if I was invested. Use your brain please (ego butthurt shit doesn't help a person be rational).

A person who can predict the future with enough certainty (even if he/she is not 100 % right) can accumulate a significiant wealth with a few trades only.
Let's say, a person predicted silver to rise from 10 usd to 48 usd, you made 4.8 times your money. Then predicting (and shorting) btc all the way down from 1000 usd to 200 usd you made 5 times your money (minus the cost of shorting), then buying XMR for 20 cents each when btc was at the bottom and you closed the short in btc and then selling XMR at 1.65 you made 8 times your money.... Even if you started this type of trading with only 1000 usd you would have ended up being pretty well ROI (from 1 k to around 200 k).
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 01:27:00 PM

What "decline" to $26 silver in October 2010?

That was during the time of the run up from $17 to $48.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 01:29:47 PM

I think what he was eluding to is that by making such a comment you must then be really wealthy if you are nearly always right?

If you believe your own calls you would be investing accordingly (buying and selling) at times that are the most "opportune".

Care to share your trading record (of actual trades + profits) with the rest of us?

I asked Goat the same question over a year ago when he was mouthing off about how he was so "spot-on" with his market movement calls. Are you not going to back it up with actual trades/data?

No pressure. But without any skin in the game that anyone can see, making calls/statements like you did don't mean much.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 01:45:01 PM
Last edit: April 13, 2016, 04:24:39 PM by TPTB_need_war

I think what he was eluding to is that by making such a comment you must then be really wealthy if you are nearly always right?

My response made it clear I understood what he meant and I also explained that if I were invested I wouldn't be as objective.

Also claiming that someone can make correct predictions the majority of the time means they should be rich from speculating is lacking some basic understanding of life. One of the main reasons I failed as a speculator is because I was unwilling to revolve my life around speculating, so for example even though I made the correct prediction of when to buy and sell silver, I didn't have my fiat and silver in the right places to make the trades. I had fiat in the USA that I couldn't get to Manila without putting me in some FATCA reporting scenario and I had physical in Manila that the dealer refused to buy or find a buyer at $48.

I am a programmer and a sportsaholic, and have my head and free time deep in other priorities. I don't want to be a speculator and be married to my investments 24 x 7. That doesn't diminish my ability to analyze markets.

The other reason I failed as a speculator is because I didn't know how to control my rationality when the combination of my illness messing with my adrenal function right after the May 2012 ER hospitalization, and my ex showing up to yank my kids unannounced in the same month, sent me into a tizzy trying to score big in the markets so I could afford to do something drastic about that situation. Which caused me to double-down ($75,000) on an irrational premature short bet on China led by newsletter writer Graham Summers. I wasn't doing research (unless you consider getting hoodwinked by a newsletter writer research), I was acting on my desires of what I wanted to happen. I actually observed Martin Armstrong be correct on everything Summers and others were wrong on and that piqued my interest. The more I studied with a skeptical attitude, the more rational it became.

So yeah I decided not to speculate because I made a lot of money in my life programming and creating. And lost most of it speculating, even though I had many correct predictions. I think it is important to recognize my strengths and weaknesses.

rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 01:53:10 PM

My response made it clear I understood what he meant and I also explained that if I were invested I wouldn't be as objective.

Also claiming that someone can make correct predictions the majority of the time means they should be rich from speculating is lacking some basic understanding of life. One of the main reasons I failed as a speculator is because I was unwilling to revolve my life around speculating, so for example even though I made the correct prediction of when to buy and sell silver, I didn't have my fiat and silver in the right places to make the trades. I had fiat in the USA that I couldn't get to Manila without putting me in some FATCA reporting scenario and I had physical in Manila that the dealer refused to buy or find a buyer at $48.

I am a programmer and a sportsaholic, and have my head and free time deep in other priorities. I don't want to be a speculator and be married to my investments 24 x 7. That doesn't diminish my ability to analyze markets.

The other reason I failed as a speculator is because I didn't know how to control my rationality when the combination of my illness messing with my adrenal function right after the May ER hospitalization, and my ex showing up to yank my kids unannounced in the same month, sent me into a tizzy trying to score big in the markets so I could afford to do something drastic about that situation. Which caused me to double-down ($75,000) on an irrational premature short bet  on China. I wasn't doing research, I was acting on my desires of what I wanted to happen.

So yeah I decided not to speculate because I made a lot of money in my life programming and creating. And lost most of it speculating, even though I had many correct predictions.

So basically you're awesome at predictions but you don't make any money due to emergencies that always hit you between the eyes whenever you get close to winning big.
dloghwak

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 01:59:48 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1055263.msg11329427#msg11329427
We are going below $150 (within several months) before we go to $1000 again some years later.
May 09, 2015

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1049048.msg11379311#msg11379311
This is why I am saying the gold and BTC will make their final and lower lows this year.
May 15, 2015
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 02:01:47 PM

The other reason I failed as a speculator is because I didn't know how to control my rationality when the combination of my illness messing with my adrenal function right after the May 2012 ER hospitalization, and my ex showing up to yank my kids unannounced in the same month, sent me into a tizzy trying to score big in the markets so I could afford to do something drastic about that situation. Which caused me to double-down ($75,000) on an irrational premature short bet on China lead by newsletter writer Graham Summers. I wasn't doing research (unless you consider getting hoodwinked by a newsletter writer research), I was acting on my desires of what I wanted to happen. I actually observed Martin Armstrong be correct on everything Summers and others were wrong on and that piqued my interest. The more I studied with a skeptical attitude, the more rational it became.

So yeah I decided not to speculate because I made a lot of money in my life programming and creating. And lost most of it speculating, even though I had many correct predictions. I think it is important to recognize my strengths and weaknesses.

To trade silver you do not need a dealer do you.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 02:03:02 PM

So basically you're awesome at predictions but you don't make any money due to emergencies that always hit you between the eyes whenever you get close to winning big.

Of course you are going to write a presumption that attacks me, even I didn't write what you just presumed. I don't see question market on your accusation. Do you have any facts to back up that slander?

Of course I had winning investments. But I also screwed up enough times as well basically because I was trying to please two masters and I made the mistake of doubling down on the worst one at a time when I was in a desperate situation. Note I had no income for many years after 2010, so I was also depleting my wealth faster than I was gaining a ROI. And one of the main reasons for that is I was ideologically committed to gold and silver from 2006 to 2011. Which was the wrong time. I did buy silver at $8 and $9 (and even minting rounds which I was selling to rpietila for his silver business in Finland and even I advised rpietila how to handle the confiscation by selling the silver the govt had confiscated which worked out perfectly) but I was also caught at $21 and when I asked Jason Hommel to sell all my silver at $21 (he was holding it for me), he refused. So by the time I had sold, it was $13. He had also talked me into investing in mining stocks even though I had been warning in his forum over many months that I was expecting a crash but every time he rebuffed me and at that time I was working on a website for him to compare mining stocks so I was conflicted. Oh so I guess I did have a little bit of income in that period from him (prior to 2010), but it wasn't offsetting what I lost of my original 18,000 oz of silver.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 02:05:22 PM

The other reason I failed as a speculator is because I didn't know how to control my rationality when the combination of my illness messing with my adrenal function right after the May 2012 ER hospitalization, and my ex showing up to yank my kids unannounced in the same month, sent me into a tizzy trying to score big in the markets so I could afford to do something drastic about that situation. Which caused me to double-down ($75,000) on an irrational premature short bet on China lead by newsletter writer Graham Summers. I wasn't doing research (unless you consider getting hoodwinked by a newsletter writer research), I was acting on my desires of what I wanted to happen. I actually observed Martin Armstrong be correct on everything Summers and others were wrong on and that piqued my interest. The more I studied with a skeptical attitude, the more rational it became.

So then basically everything you've said is just words.

No facts/proof to back up your bold claims.

No worries. On to the next thread...

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 02:06:29 PM

So then basically everything you've said is just words.

No facts/proof to back up your bold claims.

My predictions are all public record. They were correct. Now you slander too much. So I will tell you to stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

And take any butthurt ego with you and don't let the door hit you in ass on the way out.

You can start with this one mr. fatlip:

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article23786.html

The fucking useless egos are here are too much. I am out of this thread. Enjoy yourselves.

Never do you guys respond on fact or point. It is always about comparing your egos. It is hopeless.

rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 02:10:17 PM

Of course you are going to write a presumption that attacks me, even I didn't write what you just presumed. I don't see question market on your accusation. Do you have any facts to back up that slander?

Not slander at all ... intended to use a question mark.  I was just summarizing this long self analysis that you are rattling on about in the speculation thread.  I figured if I summarized those interested could digest it quicker.

The fucking useless egos are here are too much. I am out of this thread. Enjoy yourselves.

You take yourself too seriously.  You continually make yourself the topic of discussion so it's not really out of line.  (IE - if TBT wants to discuss his abilities as a speculator then summarizing what he says about himself or questioning his abilities are on topic).  

The rest of us are just chiming in with opinions ... your ego is really the only thing being discussed which you wanted to talk about.  You simply have no tolerance for opinions you don't like apparently. 
Pages: « 1 ... 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 [847] 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: