Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:50:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 [862] 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312365 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 02:47:02 PM

I hope you are able to get your buy done at a nice low price. Would be a shame for all that FUDding to go to waste!

I don't believe fudding by noobs has any effect on the price.

I don't even believe fudding by myself would have.

Unfortunately you are wrong.

Once some noobs start farting the price starts to drop and it might drop quite fast as we saw some time ago in this thread when it fell back to low 0.002.
The price is too much dependent on the sentiment of some traders who love to dump the coin at any point they see it is possible to kill the bullish trendline.

OMG...
 teh whale has spoken... quick guys sell all yor coin before its too late, sell all and  realize the profit,, you can always buy back later after the whale done dumping.
with all teh Inflation ahead, lack of GUI, dozen of competiting CN coin, and infinite emission tailgate... you cant take the chances that monero price will reach 10000 usd seriously... isnt Huh

EDIT ::
oh dear did you hear...
psss... bts implement anonimity...

XMR used to have high inflation, but that is pretty much past now..
If the dumpers did not have dumped probably the marketcap od XMR would have reached Darkcoin's marketcap.
The inflation is only around 9300 coins per day which represents around 10 k usd.
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 02:53:13 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2016, 03:05:42 PM by r0ach

Bitcoin's current protocol is thus headed [asymptotically] to 0 spendable supply.

That means moon right? Awesomesauce.

What is the reaction if any to the hypothesis that rate of increase in Bitcoin's adoption and evangelism has been declining roughly in correlation with the decline in the ability of a wide diversity of people to mine?

In my mind, the death of the block reward and the rise of ASIC mining leads to the Tragedy of the Commons transaction fees oligarchy and thus the strangulation of Bitcoin. It won't happen overnight and we will have another run up in the price first (perhaps after a V bottom yet unfinished), but there is no long-term decentralized future for Bitcoin afaics.

I don't really see that happening.  Once sha256 is commoditized, there would probably be so many people mining at a loss or mining for pennies, it would kill a lot of the incentive for people to run the mega farms.  As predicted, the farmers would likely be using waste heat byproduct to power some other type of function or industry.  It would likely be more decentralized than it is now, not less, since your supposed centralization armageddon is already here in the now and can't really get worse.  It can only get better through sha256 commoditization.  

Seriously, how the hell could it get worse than now?  It can't.  We've already hit rock bottom in Bitcoin decentralization unless someone like Intel corners the market on graphene ASIC and doesn't sell them to the public.  In that situation, foundry decentralization would be far more important than any random externalities like number of Chinamen stealing power from dams.  There's only, what?  TSMC, Intel, Samsung, Global Foundries?  We already know it requires an open entropy system to run a digital currency, so four companies are going to be the bottleneck controlling the whole thing no matter what you put on github for people to run.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 03:14:12 PM

I hope you are able to get your buy done at a nice low price. Would be a shame for all that FUDding to go to waste!

Once some noobs start farting the price starts to drop and it might drop quite fast as we saw some time ago in this thread when it fell back to low 0.002.
The price is too much dependent on the sentiment of some traders who love to dump the coin at any point they see it is possible to kill the bullish trendline.

OMG...
 teh whale has spoken... quick guys sell all yor coin before its too late, sell all and  realize the profit,, you can always buy back later after the whale done dumping.
with all teh Inflation ahead, lack of GUI, dozen of competiting CN coin, and infinite emission tailgate... you cant take the chances that monero price will reach 10000 usd seriously... isnt Huh

oh dear did you hear...

If the dumpers did not have dumped probably the marketcap od XMR would have reached Darkcoin's marketcap.
The inflation is only around 9300 coins per day which represents around 10 k usd.

in the long run, moneros inflation is irrelevant tho... what matter is when all top 10 coin has anonymity implemented, how would xmr will stay relevant Huh

if we look at Eth for example, they already has Gui wallet although still beta 2 it seem, but improvement are constantly being implemented.
Dash, they has gimmick like Anonymity, masternode, instantx, voting system... wow...

in short, Xmr really really need to improve, old hype of gimmick anonimity alone will soon fade away. because only few people need superior anonimity, those are Terorist, drug dealer, tax evader, and kid molester and other horrible stuff while ordinary humble religious law abiding citizen only need to able to use their money easily without the hassle of Command line wallet Tongue . yo will need to pimp your wallet that user can use it intuitively.

honestly i want to hear more good news from xmr community regarding their wallet, as i too once xmr holder and convert all of them when i realize xmr dev seem ignoring investors call for improvement.

have a nice day  Cool

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
spatula

Activity: 507
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 03:42:09 PM

OMG...

oh dear did you hear...

in the long run, moneros inflation is irrelevant tho... what matter is when all top 10 coin has anonymity implemented, how would xmr will stay relevant Huh

if we look at Eth for example, they already has Gui wallet although still beta 2 it seem, but improvement are constantly being implemented.
Dash, they has gimmick like Anonymity, masternode, instantx, voting system... wow...

in short, Xmr really really need to improve, old hype of gimmick anonimity alone will soon fade away. because only few people need superior anonimity, those are Terorist, drug dealer, tax evader, and kid molester and other horrible stuff while ordinary humble religious law abiding citizen only need to able to use their money easily without the hassle of Command line wallet Tongue . yo will need to pimp your wallet that user can use it intuitively.

honestly i want to hear more good news from xmr community regarding their wallet, as i too once xmr holder and convert all of them when i realize xmr dev seem ignoring investors call for improvement.

have a nice day  Cool

Well now that inflation has finally slowed to a more reasonable rate, the Monero devs/insiders are no longer incentivised to avoid things that would help adoption like mass marketing or creating an official GUI wallet.

Dev and insider bags are probably very heavy from absorbing the high emission over the last couple of years. I would expect they have a plan to keep the price up so they can unload some of that.
CryptoAddict

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 03:43:37 PM

big green one.. doesn't seem to be a short closing.

Not sure about volume, Bitcoinwisdom shows 23k and Cryptowatch 41k. Wtf?
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 03:44:38 PM

OMG...

oh dear did you hear...

have a nice day  Cool
11 600 000 coins have emitted. Has anyone calculated how long it will take when we have twice as many coin mined (23 200 000)?

XMR has all the benefits of cash unlike bitcoin.
bitjedi

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 03:58:20 PM

OMG...

oh dear did you hear...

have a nice day  Cool
11 600 000 coins have emitted. Has anyone calculated how long it will take when we have twice as many coin mined (23 200 000)?

I wouldn't say, ALL the benefits.  They are just different.  Fungibility is better, but spendability is much less.  Can I haz a mobile wallet please?  (actually , please link me to the latest Android wallet build, I forget who made one recently, I need to test it.)
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 04:01:59 PM

OMG...

oh dear did you hear...

have a nice day  Cool

I wouldn't say, ALL the benefits.  They are just different.  Fungibility is better, but spendability is much less.  Can I haz a mobile wallet please?  (actually , please link me to the latest Android wallet build, I forget who made one recently, I need to test it.)

As regards to Android wallet: I am doomed to see the future yet unable to prevent it.  Grin
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 04:09:20 PM

I wouldn't say, ALL the benefits.  They are just different.  Fungibility is better, but spendability is much less.  Can I haz a mobile wallet please?  (actually , please link me to the latest Android wallet build, I forget who made one recently, I need to test it.)

See:

There are two android wallets available, although the latter is still in beta:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ionicframework.monerowallet116498

https://github.com/ShenNoether/MiniNeroDroid

The former is made by u/vertp, the latter by u/NobleSir.

&

You should probably point out the difference between them too...

/u/vertp's wallet is like MyMonero, using a third party service to get block info, but keeping keys on your phone and off the server.

/u/NobleSir's is a front end to a self-hosted service, requiring you to run your own node + server from his github.

There's also a third option... Use MyMonero from the browser on your smart phone.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/4f30we/best_way_to_use_monero_on_a_smartphone_android/

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 04:38:39 PM

I wouldn't say, ALL the benefits.  They are just different.  Fungibility is better, but spendability is much less.  Can I haz a mobile wallet please?  (actually , please link me to the latest Android wallet build, I forget who made one recently, I need to test it.)

See:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ionicframework.monerowallet116498

&

/u/vertp's wallet is like MyMonero, using a third party service to get block info, but keeping keys on your phone and off the server.

/u/NobleSir's is a front end to a self-hosted service, requiring you to run your own node + server from his github.

There's also a third option... Use MyMonero from the browser on your smart phone.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/4f30we/best_way_to_use_monero_on_a_smartphone_android/

the first and second is such a hassle to run mobile wallet, the third is a webwallet isnt ? it means it also 3rd party Huh
perhaps you should ask Dash community how to properly do mobile wallet. they even do instant transaction with it  Wink

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 05:07:32 PM

See:

&

the first and second is such a hassle to run mobile wallet, the third is a webwallet isnt ? it means it also 3rd party Huh
perhaps you should ask Dash community how to properly do mobile wallet. they even do instant transaction with it  Wink

MyMonero doesn't store your (private) spendkey, but I guess it depends on how you qualify 3rd party.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4891

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 05:53:43 PM

in short, Xmr really really need to improve, old hype of gimmick anonimity alone will soon fade away. because only few people need superior anonimity, those are Terorist, drug dealer, tax evader, and kid molester and other horrible stuff while ordinary humble religious law abiding citizen only need to able to use their money easily without the hassle of Command line wallet Tongue . yo will need to pimp your wallet that user can use it intuitively....

Wrong as anyone that has had their accounts seized under false pretenses and lost them due to not having those said funds to fight to hold them will attest to. You have no clue do you?

And another example is criminal lawyers that get a judgement by default without notice and wait the required time (as little as one year) and then seize victims account and victim has no recourse as they were never notified they had a judgement against them. You really don't know how the world (US anyway) works do you?

On an aside, I've decided to short ETH with my XMR. What do you guys think would be a good time? And can you close the short at any time during the margin period? I think its going to be a long down trend for Eth now albeit a very long timeline do to the Cap.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Shrikez

Activity: 399
Merit: 263

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 05:55:56 PM

OMG...

oh dear did you hear...

have a nice day  Cool

Please stop. Your posts are painfully ignorant.

Die Würde des Menschen ist unantastbar
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 06:01:51 PM

On an aside, I've decided to short ETH with my XMR. What do you guys think would be a good time? And can you close the short at any time during the margin period? I think its going to be a long down trend for Eth now albeit a very long timeline do to the Cap.

Risky. It bounced off $7 as I predicted. I called the top on March 8 or 12 afair.

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4891

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 06:03:13 PM

Risky. It bounced off $7 as I predicted. I called the top on March 8 or 12 afair.

Yes it is as is why I'm asking for input. But without risk there is no reward and it is less riskier I believe than playing XMR market. Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 06:13:15 PM

Yes it is as is why I'm asking for input. But without risk there is no reward and it is less riskier I believe than playing XMR market. Smiley

I would gently suggest you leave off playing with leverage!
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 06:23:23 PM

In theory, XMR is a long-term play with lots of volatility in this low price range. But with a superior gain compared to Bitcoin over the next year or two.

My only stance is that if you are going to play in XMR, then accumulate on dips and hold. This is not a P&D wonder.

If you want to short an alt, you need to be very very selective. I will try to remember to make loud noises again on the next opportunity if I am not busy coding. Lisk and Iota might end up being opportunities, or perhaps ETH if he makes a double-top.

Edit: on any very significant up moves until at least through most of Q3, I would take some profits on XMR (not sell all), because I think we have risk of significant volatility in alts due to contagion coming in general markets as well as the Bitcoin halving.

bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 06:36:51 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2016, 08:29:09 PM by bitebits

The below Monero node is about to expire Sad.
Last month luigi1111 extended the node. Anyone interested to support the Monero network and do the same for next month?

Support the Monero network by hiring a pre-installed full node for the equivalent of 4$

Recently I switched provider (more expensive, higher specs for simultaneously running a Bitcoin node) and I was wondering what to do with my current Monero node. It hurts a bit to just let it go, especially because it just runs great and is cheap. It is hosted at MikroVPS.eu for 4$ per month and they accept bitcoin (and so Monero through XMR.to).

So I was thinking there may be more users like me (I struggled hard but had great help from the community), who would like to support the Monero network but are not that much experienced configuring a Linux server. Therefore I would like to check if there is any interest in extending a fully hosted Monero node:

You can pay the equivalent of 4$ in Monero or Bitcoin, and the node will run for another whole month. You can check whether it is online here (just zoom in a little bit) since it is the only node running in the area.

Specs of the node, still valid till 2016-03-212016.04.20
- 25 GB harddisk
- 512 MB RAM
- 250 GB bandwidth
- Ubuntu Linux 15.10 x64

The Monero node is running from Hungaria, Budapest and is nicely filling up a gap on the map of Europe:

Some statistics of the last few weeks:

Monero address: 45dBwTfM1oFGVWEosmtxTeEXQpWMvvzf8cPaELkNsebNPZMcRaX3P8V1eF5afBS9LW1xJbMPYkteM8W bbu56K9kJSwvSrrB
Bitcoin address: 1B3cZEg1oGnXpgjhkTJGpP9G4LNPWTXk1D

- You can figure out what will happen, not when /Warren Buffett
- Pay any Bitcoin address privately with a little help of Monero.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 06:39:28 PM

Last month luigi1111 extended the node. Anyone interested to support the Monero network and do the same for next month?

I am entirely confused. Why would anyone waste the time to post that to ask for a $4 donation?

Why not just pay the $4 yourself. That isn't even lunch money.

bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 06:48:46 PM

I am entirely confused. Why would anyone waste the time to post that to ask for a $4 donation?

Why not just pay the $4 yourself. That isn't even lunch money.

Did you actually read what I wrote? If you think it is about the money you are missing the point.

Support the Monero network by hiring a pre-installed full node for the equivalent of 4$

Recently I switched provider (more expensive, higher specs for simultaneously running a Bitcoin node) and I was wondering what to do with my current Monero node. It hurts a bit to just let it go, especially because it just runs great and is cheap. It is hosted at MikroVPS.eu for 4$ per month and they accept bitcoin (and so Monero through XMR.to).

So I was thinking there may be more users like me (I struggled hard but had great help from the community), who would like to support the Monero network but are not that much experienced configuring a Linux server. Therefore I would like to check if there is any interest in extending a fully hosted Monero node:

- You can figure out what will happen, not when /Warren Buffett
- Pay any Bitcoin address privately with a little help of Monero.
Pages: « 1 ... 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 [862] 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: