Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:46:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 [895] 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312365 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
kingorbust

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 05:09:46 AM

Woah, good lord... for what exactly?  The Eth community funded this, or who?

http://cointelegraph.com/news/what-exactly-is-the-dao-which-shook-the-world-part-1-benefits

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 05:15:30 AM

IMHO when people will be able to liquidate their DAO ETH will dump hard and ALTS will drop too.  Many people who bought ETH for the DAO pump are sitting in 50% + profits, not a bad gain to lock in.

so when will this happen? Funding of DAO ends on 27th but I dont think they can just cash out? So when is the first date when many can liquidate DAO?

You can dump on an exchange as soon as it starts trading, but to actually withdraw your ETH from the DAO takes quite a while. I've read around a month and a half. First you have to split your shares from the main DAO, which takes time, then you would need to make and approve a proposal within your own DAO to pay out the ETH, and the proposal process a minimum required time period.

I guess I've been out of the loop for a long time, but what is a DAO? I'm guessing an exchange?  Also, can you technically send Eth from wallet "wallet" to the next like a normal crypto?

The DAO everyone is talking about is something like a decentralized crowdfund or investment fund that has collected $150+ million worth of ETH in the past few weeks.

You can only fund it using ETH, so mostly the ETH community is a reasonable inference, though we can only speculate how many bought ETH specifically for that purpose.
americanpegasus

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 05:24:42 AM

It's a decentralized profit venture inside a decentralized profit venture!  It's brilliant.  In fact, I want in on that sweet action. 

I would like to formally announce the Pegasus network, a decentralized DAPP layer that runs on top of Monero.  Your DAPPS run in a completely secure environment and are only accessible and viewable by those who you share viewkeys with.  Imagine, secure banking applications which can transact anonymous, untraceable tokens and can't be altered without enhancing the security of the very thing they are trying to attack!  SECURICEPTION. 

In fact, we interrupt this addverticement to BLOW YOUR MIND.  On this Pegasus secure applications layer we are going to program a new concept called the PCC (Private Cloud Corporation), which allows you and any others to enter into a profit making venture with capital (the underlying Monero tokens) and defined programmable rules to determine profits, roles, and responsibilities.  Even better - no one will ever know about your corporation unless you explicitly make them aware of it! 

So get in line DAO; the future is now on the next-generation Pegasus Network running on top of Monero.  You can pre-fund your Pegasus account by sending Monero to our ICO address.  I haven't started learning C++ yet, but I plan to this weekend so for sure the project will be launched by the end of this year.  Maybe next year tops.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 05:25:53 AM

Is it just me, or is this the same type of jibberish that I've heard that promotes ETH... So in a sense, DAO is a smart contract wallet inside a smart contract that is funded by smart contract tokens... Did I get that right?
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 05:28:37 AM

It's a decentralized profit venture inside a decentralized profit venture!  It's brilliant.  In fact, I want in on that sweet action. 

I would like to formally announce the Pegasus network, a decentralized DAPP layer that runs on top of Monero.  Your DAPPS run in a completely secure environment and are only accessible and viewable by those who you share viewkeys with.  Imagine, secure banking applications which can transact anonymous, untraceable tokens and can't be altered without enhancing the security of the very thing they are trying to attack!  SECURICEPTION. 

In fact, we interrupt this addverticement to BLOW YOUR MIND.  On this Pegasus secure applications layer we are going to program a new concept called the PCC (Private Cloud Corporation), which allows you and any others to enter into a profit making venture with capital (the underlying Monero tokens) and defined programmable rules to determine profits, roles, and responsibilities.  Even better - no one will ever know about your corporation unless you explicitly make them aware of it! 

So get in line DAO; the future is now on the next-generation Pegasus Network running on top of Monero.  You can pre-fund your Pegasus account by sending Monero to our ICO address.  I haven't started learning C++ yet, but I plan to this weekend so for sure the project will be launched by the end of this year.  Maybe next year tops.

As long as you can fit it between your gender studies classes... Tongue
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 05:54:40 AM

Is it just me, or is this the same type of jibberish that I've heard that promotes ETH... So in a sense, DAO is a smart contract wallet inside a smart contract that is funded by smart contract tokens... Did I get that right?

Just think of it as a big multisig wallet where people pool a bunch of money and then vote on how to spend it. The rest of the gibberish is obfuscation.

prabakharras

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 07:54:53 AM

Monero price ride nice https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/monero/btc

TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 11:31:32 AM

aminorex silent for six weeks

health?

walked away?

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 12:19:34 PM

I want to be first on the Pegasus Network.   Cool  I can see it now, pegai flying in clouds.  Wink
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 12:22:27 PM

health?

walked away?

He is probably busy nowdays as it is time to waite for buying opportunity.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 12:56:43 PM

Seventh dev meeting in approximately 3 hours (16:00 UTC). Dev meeting will be held at #monero-dev on freenode

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/4kifoj/seventh_dev_meeting_in_approximately_3_hours_1600/

Kovri (I2P) dev meeting in approximately 4 hours (17:00 UTC). Dev meeting can be followed at #monero-dev on freenode

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/4kifie/kovri_i2p_dev_meeting_in_approximately_4_hours/

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4891

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 01:26:40 PM

Seventh dev meeting in approximately 3 hours (16:00 UTC). Dev meeting will be held at #monero-dev on freenode

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/4kifoj/seventh_dev_meeting_in_approximately_3_hours_1600/

Kovri (I2P) dev meeting in approximately 4 hours (17:00 UTC). Dev meeting can be followed at #monero-dev on freenode

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/4kifie/kovri_i2p_dev_meeting_in_approximately_4_hours/

You might be an hour off. Tongue

I think some are getting DAO confused with DAG as well.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 03:10:37 PM

Just think of it as a big multisig wallet where people pool a bunch of money and then vote on how to spend it. The rest of the gibberish is obfuscation.

Now imagine a giant group of people whose main attraction to pooling their money was to form a decentralized pump and dump, realizing they have to sell at the top or be forced to collectivize and work on a product together with none of the relevant skills and compete against people like Intel.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 05:14:57 PM

health?

walked away?

Yeah.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 05:26:30 PM

health?

walked away?

Yeah.

He's still active on Twitter though:

https://twitter.com/aminorex/with_replies

Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
vuduchyld

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 05:29:59 PM

DAO sounds a lot like the bullshit surrounding UNITY.  How'd that work out? 

Seriously, what can you actually buy with ETH?
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 08:07:16 PM

Logs for the seventh dev meeting held on 2016-05-22

https://getmonero.org/2016/05/22/overview-and-logs-for-the-dev-meeting-held-on-2016-05-22.html

Logs for the Kovri dev meeting held on 2016-05-22

https://getmonero.org/2016/05/22/logs-for-the-kovri-dev-meeting-held-on-2016-05-22.html

XMRpromotions

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 09:09:13 PM

Thank you for posting the logs! Here is a proposal resulting from the 2nd meeting:
https://forum.getmonero.org/20/general-discussion/2545/preliminary-i2p-stack-exchange-partnership-discussion

Don't buy Monero: https://twitter.com/MoneroPromotion/status/746006420508729344

XMR: 43hPTYyKarCTWyh4ZnMVn8AtFeEmtzTXo3Y6TGGMV26BWonJ4tpR7eP9RkUDYQbvg6LbrnMXWfghddE NGtvKxr7B5oML4qd
pinky

Activity: 538
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 09:10:49 PM

IMHO when people will be able to liquidate their DAO ETH will dump hard and ALTS will drop too.  Many people who bought ETH for the DAO pump are sitting in 50% + profits, not a bad gain to lock in.

so when will this happen? Funding of DAO ends on 27th but I dont think they can just cash out? So when is the first date when many can liquidate DAO?

You can dump on an exchange as soon as it starts trading, but to actually withdraw your ETH from the DAO takes quite a while. I've read around a month and a half. First you have to split your shares from the main DAO, which takes time, then you would need to make and approve a proposal within your own DAO to pay out the ETH, and the proposal process a minimum required time period.

I guess I've been out of the loop for a long time, but what is a DAO? I'm guessing an exchange?  Also, can you technically send Eth from wallet "wallet" to the next like a normal crypto?

The DAO everyone is talking about is something like a decentralized crowdfund or investment fund that has collected $150+ million worth of ETH in the past few weeks.

Brilliant, it's like a bubble inside a bubble. ETH has become the ultimate bubble machine.

████████████▀████▄████████████████▀███▀████████████████▄█
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀█████████████████████▀████████████████████████████
████████▀▀████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███████
      |                  |                  |            
cryptimus prime

Activity: 493
Merit: 551

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 09:16:16 PM

I love both XMR and ETH and own both in similar quantities, but fact is: While ETH and the DAO produce news in big mass media we wait for an official GUI Wallet.
Yes we can call it a bubble or whatever but this is how it is, everybody is jumping on the Ethereum waggon. I guess we would not be sad if Monero had the same success.

I think Monero has a huge potential, even just if it fills a huge "niche", but it has to be done.
The failure or success of ETH is not that important as to analyze where XMR stands now and why.

Pages: « 1 ... 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 [895] 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: