Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:39:09 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 [1162] 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312580 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 12:07:06 PM

The thing is it may take some time for monero to get established but it still has the edge over bitcoin in terms of traceability.

More edges than that: adaptive blocksize with the tail emission for example... bitcoin is still figuring out if, when and how they will tackle that problem... thus bitcoin is f-ing slow sometimes, sometimes I have to wait for 45 minutes + untill a transaction is sufficiently confirmed...

Will not even begin to talk about problems like mining-centralisation, the way btc is politicized at the top etc...

But I like what I'm reading, the overly bullishness is gone and people are looking only at price and forgetting the bigger picture... xmr isn't just some altcoin like the dozens others

unlike pumps of other shitcoins, xmr has great fun-durr-mentals... it's the first fungible digital cash for god's sake!!!!

best regards

owaisted

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 12:07:58 PM

Volume and price are intrinsically linked. Traditional crypto coin knowledge is volume drives price.

When I look at it though I always also see volume on the dumps so Im not sure its the only measure you should use.

Dump volume had more volume on the shorter time frame as they broke significant support (thus higher volume shows signs that this break out will be valide). Nonetheless, volume on the uptrend were much higher as you they were characterizing a strong emotion (FOMO). In a continued down trend, volume doesn't need to be that high to validate the bearish scenario (fear is a slow increasing feeling, usually downtrend ends on what is called "capitulation", point at which you'll see exponentially rising volume on a short amount of time, fear is here at is paroxysm).

Thanks. I have been looking at these and trying to understand Monero price movements. My generalizations shows trends but then there are strong movements against it, which proves that my hypothesis is far from valid. I think I have to add more factors to it for better understanding. Do SMAs and EMAs help reveal trends?
N-rG

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 12:08:15 PM

I have read around on DNM-reddit during the XMR price rise and the DNM announcement. What N-rG does not say is that the same vendor he cites here was anti-XMR from the very beginning.

Guess N-rG is just heavy in a short and sweating. The dumbest move is to show it so obvious, so everybody can see it.
But yes, some guys think XMR-whales are not so smart like them.  Roll Eyes

Give proof or stop lying. Everyone here can make proof of the market development. So i gave valid information.

Now its your turn.

Give us the reddit link.

Edit: https://www.reddit.com/user/Elisa-Yamaha

So guys pay attention where you invest. Obviously ppl. like cryptimus Mast0rmindare either the same person or two guys with long positions and try to play their game.
Jungian
Legendary

Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 12:29:46 PM

I have read around on DNM-reddit during the XMR price rise and the DNM announcement. What N-rG does not say is that the same vendor he cites here was anti-XMR from the very beginning.

Guess N-rG is just heavy in a short and sweating. The dumbest move is to show it so obvious, so everybody can see it.

Give proof or stop lying. Everyone here can make proof of the market development. So i gave valid information.

Now its your turn.

Give us the reddit link.

So guys pay attention where you invest. Obviously ppl. like cryptimus Mast0rmindare either the same person or two guys with long positions and try to play their game.

It sounds reasonable. The meme that's being going around the community is that BTC is no longer secure. This is probably untrue. Vendors with reasonable op-sec is still serviced fine by BTC.

The DNM-pump was that.. an obvious pump. Alpha Bay even told users to buy, and they obviously need to unload some time. Hard to know their timeline for this.

Remains to see if it sticks around the DNMs, but I would not be suprised if the markets drop XMR slowly and won't pick it back up until it's needed more urgent. And for that to happen we'd have to see much more busts due to lack of privacy in BTC. But fungebility in BTC will improve over time also, so maybe XMR will never be needed.

Remains to be seen.

I think Monero (XMR) is very interesting.
https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters
cryptimus prime

Activity: 493
Merit: 551

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 12:30:53 PM

Relax boy. Do you really think your 24h speech can influence anybody influential here? Or do such persons amuse themselves? Grin
Regarding DNM, everybody can google and do a search for himself and discover what I posted, but here are some posts a month ago:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkNetMarkets/comments/50i1zn/who_else_is_going_to_be_using_monero_from_tomorrow/d746sk3?st=itvgohzy&sh=90387579
https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkNetMarkets/comments/4z26f3/why_i_will_not_accept_xmr_monero_as_a_vendor/d6sazoa?st=itvgnb6g&sh=c6d6d888

So who is now lying boy?
Relax and show us again how "much" money you made and how you will teach people trading and not to be poor.  Cheesy  Grin
alphahacktivist

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 12:52:35 PM

Next stop is 0.032 then back to 0.019- 0.021

What indicators lead you to this conclusion?  True, there are currently only 6500 BTC in sell orders between here and there, but it might still take some doing when more are added en route... Time frame?

a few weeks. all you need to believe in monero is look at its reddit page. everyone is developping something.

easymonero.com is a fiat to xmr pair like localbitcoins. true they are not yet ready, but they are working on it. always asking for help about what the community wants. they are even trying to develop a secure way of transaction. successful or not. they are trying. several people are jumping to build the gui wallet. the difference between eth, btc and xmr is eth has no values, just whales bailout. btc has no community, just usage. and xmr has found new use and adoption as well as a great community. true. it might be years before btc price is reached. but it also just needs 2 things for btc to collapse. 1. chineese govt ban btc exchangers. darknet transactions no longer safe in btc. the former is in discussion, the latter is on trial. remember china holds 85%-90% of the whole btc transactions.
N-rG

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 12:55:23 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2016, 01:05:26 PM by N-rG

lol you notice what you post here?

There are vendors who discussing why XMR failed and why they are not going to use it (is that smart to post that with you long position?) and this vendors just agreed and explained why.

Random Vendor said:

Suddenly you don't have any sales anymore. Which is terrible if you want to have some continuity in your business.
50 or 100% price swings if we would start using Monero would just be horrible.

and this

being myself a user of lotmixing.org where i have swapped (they dont mix they swap) over 200 btc recently. i see no whatsoever use of monero. i dont understand it. i cannot save it to myself. there is no real stability. investors are pumping then will be dumping. same happened to etc, everybody was cheering then the dump happened and people lost lots of money. investment based i think the admins of those markets just saw an opportunity to bullshit people. they started a fud campaign, bought monero by the thousands and thousands. spread the news and the coin got pumped. there is still 7days left. they can then say, you know what we are not able to set up a proper wallet on the market. thus the coin get dumped. the admins buy again wait for a week and then implement the wallet and re implement monero again. thus spiking the price again high up.
who are going to be profitable? just the admins of those markets who are holding large amount. then will dump and crash the market and rebuy again for huge profit.
bitcoin is enough. play with other coins but dont put your heart into them.

Elisa replied:
Yeah exactly, for now for us, as vendors, it would be gambling instead of doing business.

Thats exactly what this vendor wrote me, nothing less or more.

Vendors are losing a lot of money with XMR and thats why they are no longer support it. Sorry buddy but you really have to work at your reading skills Wink

Do it again

checked the board of AlphaBay.

Still no positive response about working XMR withdrawals.
Moreover the number of vendors accepting Monero is still low to decreasing:

Setting:

Stimulants - Speed
Level 5 - 10

Monero: 39
Bitcoin: 405

= 9,62%

XTC - Pills
Level 6 - 10

Monero: 40
BTC: 450

= 8,88%

Moreover I asked a vendor who offered both coins hows about XMR, thats the answer:

Mast0rmind

Activity: 204
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 01:19:09 PM

Next stop is 0.032 then back to 0.019- 0.021

What indicators lead you to this conclusion?  True, there are currently only 6500 BTC in sell orders between here and there, but it might still take some doing when more are added en route... Time frame?

a few weeks. all you need to believe in monero is look at its reddit page. everyone is developping something.

easymonero.com is a fiat to xmr pair like localbitcoins. true they are not yet ready, but they are working on it. always asking for help about what the community wants. they are even trying to develop a secure way of transaction. successful or not. they are trying. several people are jumping to build the gui wallet. the difference between eth, btc and xmr is eth has no values, just whales bailout. btc has no community, just usage. and xmr has found new use and adoption as well as a great community. true. it might be years before btc price is reached. but it also just needs 2 things for btc to collapse. 1. chineese govt ban btc exchangers. darknet transactions no longer safe in btc. the former is in discussion, the latter is on trial. remember china holds 85%-90% of the whole btc transactions.

+1
cryptimus prime

Activity: 493
Merit: 551

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 01:23:30 PM

N-rG dude I have no time to write full time here like you, dance on for us.  Wink Cheesy
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 01:34:54 PM

@N-rG
Is good to see that Elissa-Yamaha who was a month ago quite negative towards Monero decided to give it a try.
With last 2 weeks decrease in price of course people who have some XMR lost soem value, but when XMR grows will gain. Same as they did a month ago.

There are now 8-9% vendors on Alpha Bay offering sales in Monero?  That is huge if you ask me way over my expectations. I would expect drastic drop from first hype. But it seems i was wrong.

That means that Monero isnt longer the Money for the Darknet?

Monero was recognized by darkmarkets as most anon crypto. But Monero is not Money of the Darknet, but Money of the new Elite.

Looks like it is correcting, i guess between 0.014 and 0.013 (lost 100$). My guess is that the price will remain stable for a while and maybe later increase a lot.

Seems you were right from you very first post in this thread. Sadly you added quite soem more latter.

Usually increasing number of newbie or rarely used accounts with sudden increased activity posting in this thread brings only one thing.

In the mean time from Monero-dev IRC

<monero> [monero] fluffypony closed pull request #1159:
<monero> [monero] fluffypony closed pull request #1140:
<monero> [monero] fluffypony closed pull request #1149:
<monero> [monero] fluffypony closed pull request #1162:
<monero> [monero] fluffypony closed pull request #1163:
<monero> [monero] fluffypony closed pull request #1171:
<monero> [monero] fluffypony closed pull request #1125:
<monero> [monero] fluffypony closed pull request #1165:
<monero> [monero] fluffypony closed pull request #1175:
<monero> [monero] fluffypony closed pull request #1177:
<monero> [monero-core] fluffypony closed pull request #22
<monero> [monero-core] fluffypony closed pull request #30:
<monero> [monero-core] fluffypony closed pull request #31:
<monero> [monero-core] fluffypony closed pull request #32:
<monero> [monero] fluffypony closed pull request #1181:
<monero> [monero] fluffypony closed pull request #1180:

bitwolf

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 01:37:16 PM

Every coin incl. BTC is and was very volatile. Monero was about 1$ two years long and nobody said a word about it. In this time every coin was at least +-100% from its price incl. BTC. The Volatility matter is just another pathetic BTC- and ETH-owners FUD. They simply protect their investment with lies and market speculation 24/7. The  NrG troll with his BTCs is not a difference.
N-rG

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 01:37:45 PM

hehe it is just so funny that some really claim that DNM and other criminal activities are not important for XMR .

Maybe to some nerds with no friends something like facebook, instagram and whatsapp never appeared to.

Ordinary people just give a fu*k about privacy. I could even imagine that some people wouldnt care if banks introduce visible accounts that everyone knows "hey holy fuck you have 12450$ on your account, nice but i have 15453"

You really thing that people like Kim Kardashian West or Pamela Anderson or whatever are ever using something more complicated than PayPal xD? They're not. They dont even know what copy&paste is. After trying to enter the wallet ID they give up.

A coin which purpose is to pay anonymously is obvs. much more important to illegal things.

btw. nvm i also thouhgt once FB will fail and didnt invest in their shares. Luckily i did with Google.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 01:51:19 PM

And to you N-rG. Does anonymity in Crypto matters to you?
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 02:01:28 PM

Now its your turn.

Give us the reddit link.

It sounds reasonable. The meme that's being going around the community is that BTC is no longer secure. This is probably untrue. Vendors with reasonable op-sec is still serviced fine by BTC.

The DNM-pump was that.. an obvious pump. Alpha Bay even told users to buy, and they obviously need to unload some time. Hard to know their timeline for this.

Remains to see if it sticks around the DNMs, but I would not be suprised if the markets drop XMR slowly and won't pick it back up until it's needed more urgent. And for that to happen we'd have to see much more busts due to lack of privacy in BTC. But fungebility in BTC will improve over time also, so maybe XMR will never be needed.

Remains to be seen.

The biggest reason why DM vendors are reluctant to accept monero is the price volatility.

TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 02:05:56 PM

Personally I care anonymity, therefore I prefer using Monero. And I am not a customer in any dark market because I do not use drugs or buy stolen goods.
I am just an ordinary person who doesn't want to show others how much money I have. That's also one reason why I did not want to participate NRG's "who has the biggest dig" -games and reveal my wealth.
adolf512

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 02:41:32 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2016, 03:10:45 PM by adolf512

It's obvious that the alphabay owners are manipulating the price, they bough a lot of XMR before they beginned to "support" it and now when they have sold(and possibly shorted) they will do what they can to bring the price down as much as they can, i would have done the same thing for sure.

I am now waiting for the price to plummet so i make a major investment in XMR(up to 6000$), the 67.5XMR i kept will not make me rich if the it goes to the moon, only make up for previous losses and more.

nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 03:24:04 PM

In the mean time from Monero-dev IRC

<monero> [monero] fluffypony closed pull request #1159:
<monero> [monero] fluffypony closed pull request #1140:
<monero> [monero] fluffypony closed pull request #1149:
<monero> [monero] fluffypony closed pull request #1162:
<monero> [monero] fluffypony closed pull request #1163:
<monero> [monero] fluffypony closed pull request #1171:
<monero> [monero] fluffypony closed pull request #1125:
<monero> [monero] fluffypony closed pull request #1165:
<monero> [monero] fluffypony closed pull request #1175:
<monero> [monero] fluffypony closed pull request #1177:
<monero> [monero-core] fluffypony closed pull request #22
<monero> [monero-core] fluffypony closed pull request #30:
<monero> [monero-core] fluffypony closed pull request #31:
<monero> [monero-core] fluffypony closed pull request #32:
<monero> [monero] fluffypony closed pull request #1181:
<monero> [monero] fluffypony closed pull request #1180:

I see that today 22 PRs merged from 9 different contributors.  Some are minor but useful contributions but what it shows is the ever increasing active development.  There is another coder working on the GUI.  Although I guess that last part doesn't matter as there really is no GUI and that reality gets proven every day.  (I'm working on my advanced trolling, showing support and knocking it down.  How did I do guys?)

In other news; I turned a little bit of dirty btc ( really no reason it should have been dirty but alas ) into Monero without the intention of turning it back into btc.
litecoinricky

Activity: 171
Merit: 3

I need a break!

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 03:29:13 PM

I think monero will moon very soon, im not selling my XMR Smiley

I'll take any freebies on offer Smiley
oOxenonOo

Activity: 362

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 03:41:04 PM

Monero is one really strange acting coin, make me lose over 2BTC, was buy 2K for 1.14USD after 6 months price was just go down so i sell them, two weeks later price skyrocket..
Don't know is it smart to go on it ones more, if it will be used for dark web, price should be way over 8USD.

Think there should be at least one more XMR pump mid November, black market activity should rise late November-December, so i hope pump will be before that. Any opinion on this?

Develop Custom Decentralized Blockchain Applications in JavaScript with LISK! Lisk Site
moneyLooser

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 03:41:25 PM

lol you notice what you post here?

There are vendors who discussing why XMR failed and why they are not going to use it (is that smart to post that with you long position?) and this vendors just agreed and explained why.

Random Vendor said:

Suddenly you don't have any sales anymore. Which is terrible if you want to have some continuity in your business.
50 or 100% price swings if we would start using Monero would just be horrible.

and this

being myself a user of lotmixing.org where i have swapped (they dont mix they swap) over 200 btc recently. i see no whatsoever use of monero. i dont understand it. i cannot save it to myself. there is no real stability. investors are pumping then will be dumping. same happened to etc, everybody was cheering then the dump happened and people lost lots of money. investment based i think the admins of those markets just saw an opportunity to bullshit people. they started a fud campaign, bought monero by the thousands and thousands. spread the news and the coin got pumped. there is still 7days left. they can then say, you know what we are not able to set up a proper wallet on the market. thus the coin get dumped. the admins buy again wait for a week and then implement the wallet and re implement monero again. thus spiking the price again high up.
who are going to be profitable? just the admins of those markets who are holding large amount. then will dump and crash the market and rebuy again for huge profit.
bitcoin is enough. play with other coins but dont put your heart into them.

Elisa replied:
Yeah exactly, for now for us, as vendors, it would be gambling instead of doing business.

Thats exactly what this vendor wrote me, nothing less or more.

Vendors are losing a lot of money with XMR and thats why they are no longer support it. Sorry buddy but you really have to work at your reading skills Wink

Do it again

checked the board of AlphaBay.

Still no positive response about working XMR withdrawals.
Moreover the number of vendors accepting Monero is still low to decreasing:

Setting:

Stimulants - Speed
Level 5 - 10

Monero: 39
Bitcoin: 405

= 9,62%

XTC - Pills
Level 6 - 10

Monero: 40
BTC: 450

= 8,88%

Moreover I asked a vendor who offered both coins hows about XMR, thats the answer:

https://s18.postimg.org/r1cuduknt/market.jpg

I'm reading this topic now since im invested in XMR, so since 3 weeks. Im not a person of words, but i felt to register to say thank you for sharing these informations. Makes me saving money after i lost so much Sad

I also want to say thank you to dEBRUYNE who just ingores trash talk and posts information Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 [1162] 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: