Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:12:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 [1181] 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312369 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 12:38:50 AM

The pain was getting too painful. I had to step away for a while. Wasn't expecting to see this when I came back. Dare I cautious optimism? Smiley

Optimism about what?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 12:42:57 AM

The pain was getting too painful. I had to step away for a while. Wasn't expecting to see this when I came back. Dare I cautious optimism? Smiley

Optimism about what?

A price floor or a trend reversal. Duh.

I feel like you are setting up to make some sort of "point" and I'm walking into your trap

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
tifozi

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 12:49:57 AM

Optimism about what?

I feel like you are setting up to make some sort of "point" and I'm walking into your trap

Nah you are reading too much. I was trying to gauge more along the lines of fundamentals that have changed suddenly for anyone to be cautiously optimistic. At the moment (and even short to mid term) it is a caustic asset in my analysis.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 01:07:34 AM

Optimism about what?

Nah you are reading too much. I was trying to gauge more along the lines of fundamentals that have changed suddenly for anyone to be cautiously optimistic. At the moment (and even short to mid term) it is a caustic asset in my analysis.

Interesting. I dont think the fundamentals ever changed really. Before the great rise the price was way too low and I feel like it corrected way too much after. I'm optimistic about what looks like, might be, a shifting of sentiment.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
tifozi

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 01:19:15 AM

Optimism about what?

Interesting. I dont think the fundamentals ever changed really. Before the great rise the price was way too low and I feel like it corrected way too much after. I'm optimistic about what looks like, might be, a shifting of sentiment.

I doubt it. In fact my recommendation to the couple of friends I introduced XMR to, was to sell when long term supporters came out of the closet (and before the N-rG barrage) and never get back in as I didn't feel confident enough to be responsible. In essence they 11x their Bitcoin portfolio and are never coming back. It is not like they don't know that XMR will rise again but it is an altcoin that will be used to extract Bitcoins out of the newbies and they get it & are not going to trade it anymore (and caustic asset was a borrowed term from them honestly).
ozkraut

Activity: 522
Merit: 266

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 01:28:53 AM

Optimism about what?

I doubt it. In fact my recommendation to the couple of friends I introduced XMR to, was to sell when long term supporters came out of the closet (and before the N-rG barrage) and never get back in as I didn't feel confident enough to be responsible. In essence they 11x their Bitcoin portfolio and are never coming back. It is not like they don't know that XMR will rise again but it is an altcoin that will be used to extract Bitcoins out of the newbies and they get it & are not going to trade it anymore (and caustic asset was a borrowed term from them honestly).

K. Then quit speculating and go chase some celebrity pics. So sick of people seemingly wasting their time here after declaring no further interest....Must have some open shorts quivering....

Monero - Wir sind die Leute vor denen uns unsere Eltern gewarnt haben!
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 01:35:13 AM

Every bot was coin fu fighting

One got freaked out and was bouncing up and down like a yoyo. Lol

Yeah I was watching some coins on Poloniex today and the buy/ sell orders were going crazy.
Hundreds of bitcoins worth of orders opening and closing every second or two lol.

tifozi

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 01:35:52 AM

Optimism about what?

K. Then quit speculating and go chase some celebrity pics. So sick of people seemingly wasting their time here after declaring no further interest....Must have some open shorts quivering....

Sorry I am not going anywhere as I have been here since Day 0 of Bitmonero Smiley What are your thoughts on dumpers, manipulators and big holders who dumped and are going to dump more when price increases even a little bit?
tifozi

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 01:41:24 AM

free market friend, anyone is free to buy and sell and never come back, what is the point behind these caustic words, any open short?  Wink

Nope, these guys are not altcoiners which always made it a tough sell to begin with. One of them I actually met through Craigslist and learned a lot from  Smiley I know their group is setting shop for another upcoming altcoin which is out of scope of this thread.
el testosteron

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 02:19:23 AM

In what sense is it out of scope, lethos?
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 02:42:40 AM

Optimism about what?

I could not disagree more strongly with the idea that monero is just a lever to pry bitcoins from "newbies".  Any alt coin market is full of danger but it is wonderful to gain 11x in an investment.  

Personally, I invested 1\3 of my bitcoins into monero.  I was fortunate to buy a little extra during the rise which I sold, regaining my original stake.  But I kept the nut. Because I believe in monero.

I am not skilled enough to jump from alt coin to alt coin talking money from others... like you evidently are

I hope the promise of monero comes to fruition, but if it does not... At least I wasn't taken by more experienced traders like you and your group.  Still.... Kudos on your gains.
tifozi

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 02:52:53 AM

Optimism about what?

I could not disagree more strongly with the idea that monero is just a lever to pry bitcoins from "newbies".  Any alt coin market is full of danger but it is wonderful to gain 11x in an investment.  

Personally, I invested 1\3 of my bitcoins into monero.  I was fortunate to buy a little extra during the rise which I sold, regaining my original stake.  But I kept the nut. Because I believe in monero.

I am not skilled enough to jump from alt coin to alt coin talking money from others...

I hope the promise of monero comes to fruition, but if it does not... At least I wasn't taken by more experienced traders like you and your group.  Kudos on your gains.

My gains/my group? I am confused. Did I not use the word "they/their" ? Also my gains have come from mining XMR when there were fewer than 10 miners, not by trading.

Having said that my opinions of some aspects of XMR have changed based on what I have witnessed in the past 2 years at different points in time. An year ago I would mention it to anyone in person (I will let BTCTalkers who have met me speak or watch doesn't matter), but now I won't. The landscape has changed with the type of crowd in it and just because I can withstand all this doesn't mean everyone else will. The people classifying XMR as toxic asset decided not to be in it, nothing more, nothing less.

Edit: See a "triple top" is coming .......
sui_generis

Activity: 243

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 02:57:41 AM

My gains/my group? I am confused. Did I not use the word "they/their" ? Also my gains have come from mining XMR when there were fewer than 10 miners, not by trading.

Having said that my opinions of some aspects of XMR have changed based on what I have witnessed in the past 2 years at different points in time. An year ago I would mention it to anyone in person (I will let BTCTalkers who have met me speak or watch doesn't matter), but now I won't. The landscape has changed with the type of crowd in it and just because I can withstand all this doesn't mean everyone else will. The people classifying XMR as toxic asset decided not to be in it, nothing more, nothing less.

Seems like you were an XMR bull about a month ago.

It is a difficult paradigm shift for the masses still. There have been zero assets to compare with Monero, so it makes it that much more difficult. I got into BTC when I read the whitepaper, a membership and knowledge about this forum came much later unfortunately otherwise I would have been a bit more financially successful (rocket had left the station) and I was just left admiring the math.

When the CryptoNote whitepaper came out, I knew what was in store. I also pleaded with @thankful_for_today to make changes initially, both in forum and in IRC but that was one headstrong dude. I miss @tacotime's presence these days. We were both OPs in the initial IRC channel that we later surrendered to the current team. Good times.  Smiley

I bet the CN team are all pleased with the hard work and continued research publications that come out from the current team regardless of the external animosity at times. The cryptography is top notch math.

Even Ethereum has published a lot of good papers. But there is no way that a model of distribution like that will see long term success. It has to be meaningful blood and sweat with respect to mining and verification for it to make sense and it is going to take a while for everyone to get off that train. This is also a big short coming and narrow sightedness of zcash. Awesome math, bad model. They will be flipped for Bitcoins and that is where it will end. XMR is going to be the real wealth.

Short gone wrong?

tifozi

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 03:03:04 AM

Seems like you were an XMR bull about a month ago.

It is a difficult paradigm shift for the masses still. There have been zero assets to compare with Monero, so it makes it that much more difficult. I got into BTC when I read the whitepaper, a membership and knowledge about this forum came much later unfortunately otherwise I would have been a bit more financially successful (rocket had left the station) and I was just left admiring the math.

When the CryptoNote whitepaper came out, I knew what was in store. I also pleaded with @thankful_for_today to make changes initially, both in forum and in IRC but that was one headstrong dude. I miss @tacotime's presence these days. We were both OPs in the initial IRC channel that we later surrendered to the current team. Good times.  Smiley

I bet the CN team are all pleased with the hard work and continued research publications that come out from the current team regardless of the external animosity at times. The cryptography is top notch math.

Even Ethereum has published a lot of good papers. But there is no way that a model of distribution like that will see long term success. It has to be meaningful blood and sweat with respect to mining and verification for it to make sense and it is going to take a while for everyone to get off that train. This is also a big short coming and narrow sightedness of zcash. Awesome math, bad model. They will be flipped for Bitcoins and that is where it will end. XMR is going to be the real wealth.

Short gone wrong?

Nope, permabull here. Just stopped recruiting new folks and going to give a more realistic picture to readers and anyone else looking at it from an "investment" point of view. My stance is not changing unless I get the wind that Monero Labs is closing and the cryptography is broken to the point of no return.

Edit: And the triple top comment is a stab at what is going to happen to further alienate the newbies.
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 03:47:57 AM

Pain?  I must have missed that part.  I did buy some yesterday.  I promised that when it went up I would sell and lock in profit.  Well it went up today and I didn't sell.  I fall for that trick every time  Grin

I did however contribute today to the future work of moneromoo.  Inside scoop, there will very shortly be a funding proposal for development of i2p, the kovri project.  So TrueCryptonaire and N-rG you will have another chance to help insure the success of the coin you believe in.
megadeth

Activity: 289
Merit: 252

bagholder since 2013

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 05:01:26 AM

The goat weighs in: http://shitco.in/2016/10/09/rare-pepe-fomo-and-the-alt-pump-dump-cycle/.
Talking his book  Smiley

bagholder since 2013
My sig space is not for sale.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 06:28:12 AM

Pain?  I must have missed that part.  I did buy some yesterday.  I promised that when it went up I would sell and lock in profit.  Well it went up today and I didn't sell.  I fall for that trick every time  Grin

I did however contribute today to the future work of moneromoo.  Inside scoop, there will very shortly be a funding proposal for development of i2p, the kovri project.  So TrueCryptonaire and N-rG you will have another chance to help insure the success of the coin you believe in.

I have proposed that the mining rewards were used in funding development but nobody agrees with it. Now you guys are begging money from me...  Huh
N-rG

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 08:03:26 AM

From the article:
Disclaimer: This is not investment advice, and we don’t give a fuck what you do with your money. There are only going to be 21 million bitcoins ever produced, and we’re all in a race to collect as many as possible. If you want to “invest” in some shitcoin pump and dump on a questionable exchange, be our guest

Say's everything...other coins fraction bashing other coins.

I have proposed that the mining rewards were used in funding development

Make it a question. It's a good one.
Shrikez

Activity: 399
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 08:14:19 AM

I have proposed that the mining rewards were used in funding development but nobody agrees with it. Now you guys are begging money from me...  Huh

No worries, it has been funded by people who don't see that as begging (wtf) but as a contribution to the project.

keep your nickles.

Die Würde des Menschen ist unantastbar
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 10:58:58 AM

I think C9H10N2O  will be giving the markets any time soon (at least as soon as the price shoots above 0.0188).
Pages: « 1 ... 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 [1181] 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: