Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:29:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 [1163] 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312497 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
owaisted

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 03:41:43 PM

That means that Monero isnt longer the Money for the Darknet?

Monero was recognized by darkmarkets as most anon crypto. But Monero is not Money of the Darknet, but Money of the new Elite.

Can you elaborate why you call it Money of the new Elite???
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 03:46:16 PM

Monero is one really strange acting coin, make me lose over 2BTC, was buy 2K for 1.14USD after 6 months price was just go down so i sell them, two weeks later price skyrocket..
Don't know is it smart to go on it ones more, if it will be used for dark web, price should be way over 8USD.

Think there should be at least one more XMR pump mid November, black market activity should rise late November-December, so i hope pump will be before that. Any opinion on this?

In my honest opinion the problem with many people is the deadlines: if the price doesn't rise by the end of 2016 at least to 70 usd, then I will dump and ask others also to dump it.
It might happen overnight that the price jumps 100 % (just like it happened when they announced the acceptance of D.N.M.) but such occassions are rare and very unlikely.
Very good example of the patience is GUI, but I am glad it will be ready soon.
Better to invest only the money you can afford to lose, and do not sell any just because nrg-troll asks you to sell. In the first place just buy the amount of coins you can comfortably sleep your nights without freaking out every 5 % move up/down.
adolf512

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 04:09:23 PM

the 'troll' N-rG has also saved me money, i almost broke even(would have with better timing). I am very unsure much xmr can drop but probably between 0.01 and 0.003 at lowest. What i will do is simply to start buy when i consider the price to be good(below 0.01) and buy more if it drops more.

While the short term price is difficult to predict we see a general pattern where the price often appear to crash but later return up slightly lower, still going down in general. For this reason i would not recommend a stop-limit or panic selling, if you plan to trade do it with borrowed XMR(shorting).

Bagholding might be profitable if you wait long enough, but now the price is likely to go down a lot. You will not get rich by a 10x increase in price(best case scenario atm), the price needs to be a lot lower before i can make real money out of XMR and this is why i sold 70% at 0.0135

Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 04:16:07 PM

Monero is one really strange acting coin, make me lose over 2BTC, was buy 2K for 1.14USD after 6 months price was just go down so i sell them, two weeks later price skyrocket..
Don't know is it smart to go on it ones more, if it will be used for dark web, price should be way over 8USD.

Think there should be at least one more XMR pump mid November, black market activity should rise late November-December, so i hope pump will be before that. Any opinion on this?

In my honest opinion the problem with many people is the deadlines: if the price doesn't rise by the end of 2016 at least to 70 usd, then I will dump and ask others also to dump it.
It might happen overnight that the price jumps 100 % (just like it happened when they announced the acceptance of D.N.M.) but such occassions are rare and very unlikely.
Better to invest only the money you can afford to lose, and do not sell any just because nrg-troll asks you to sell. In the first place just buy the amount of coins you can comfortably sleep your nights without freaking out every 5 % move up/down.

Lol.... I think the only person who thinks XMR even has a chance of rising to $70 this year is you

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 04:22:30 PM

Lol.... I think the only person who thinks XMR even has a chance of rising to $70 this year is you

Sure it can. Don't you remember what happened to the price between July and the beginning of September?
I am not the only person who thinks so, one guy said it also here not long ago... But he was expecting it to rise there right now, got disappointed and opened a huge short position.
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 04:32:20 PM

Is this meant to be an example of others' deadlines or your own deadline?

I think the former but it reads ambiguously.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 04:37:17 PM

Is this meant to be an example of others' deadlines or your own deadline?

I think the former but it reads ambiguously.

If I had my own deadlines I would have given up long long time ago.
To me I do not care how long it will take until it goes to the moon. Sure, it may never happen, but that's the risk here.
My comment was a reference to oOxenonOo who said there is probably some increase in activity Nov.-Dec. I just warned him so that he will not get disappointed and give up if the activity is postponed like GUI.
novag

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

novag

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2016, 04:46:29 PM

Christmas will drive the price to the moon.

Donate for the support of a new Martial arts Style - Aikivindo = Aikido + Wing-Chun (in Ukraine) 5168757318423326 PrivatBank.
http://aikivindo.com.ua
BTC:1DpRaQjdVmrkSopRV8p9RdwvBMWNA9faCS
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 04:51:17 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2016, 05:12:21 PM by Febo

@owaisted

I stil name Monero Monero. But since someone offered new name i gave him an alternative name. There is an old post of it on this forum, that is now sadly locked but was quite popular tread over years.

@adolf512

I doubt alpha bay owners have power to manipulate anything. There are way bigger players in Crypto then them.  In general anyone with enough money can try to manipulate any crypto market and try to earn by doing it.
I also dont understand why you keep asking people here for suggestions altho you from your posts is seen that you are a professional trader with lots of experiences and know many things that most of us have no ideas.
You keep posting what you will do. Just do something. You can do whatever you want. Buy or sell or not sell or not buy. No need to tell exactly what you will do or you did.

@moneyLooser

Nice nick you choose.
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 04:56:52 PM

OK yeah I know this is the 'speculation' thread, but srsly some of y'all around here have gotta be more reasonable LOL

Yes we just had a huge run-up with XMR doubling almost FOUR TIMES (by my recall, from under $1 over a year ago, where it was stuck in the buck, buck and a half range, for what seemed like for-frikkin-ever) to $2 then $4 then $8 then $12-ish taking a shot at $16-20 in the dreamer's eyes, which triggered all the $50 to $100 talk "by the end of the year"... but, really?  C'mon... back to earth time.

We're here at the new "fair price" which seems to me about in the ten bucks range-ish and it's probably gonna stick here for a while.  Up down up down yeah yeah that's normal, but it's gonna be a while yet before next 10X spike probably.

The ONLY thing about Monero's current price that I cannot fathom is WHY are we still less than stupid DASH?  LOL at the very least I'd expect to be on par with that total mess of a coin, by now... right?  Price will probably go up at least to there in the short term.

But, long term?  Yeah once FUNGIBILITY issues finally wake up the BTC-using masses (once they get an account or two shut down for "receiving" or sending "bad coins"... which has already happened to me more than once) then the clear NEED for XMR will manifest itself in real actual USAGE, and then... MOON.

But it's prolly not gonna happen by this Christmas, LOL

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
oOxenonOo

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 04:58:18 PM

No i do not have problem with deadlines i invest that much i can afford to lose, but you need to cut your loses at some point.. No one of us did not buy coin and leave it till evaporate to zero, of course you will take your lose at some point, if you think you can do better with that money. Was wait 6months, it is not week or two.

Same thing is happening now with my LSK, but LSK have road map, devs are working on it every day, there are lot of team-community  communication channels  and i feel much more comfortable to hold LSK then XMR at this point.

I'm not FUDing XMR here, i ask for opinion, is it worth to go on xmr one more time? If it is really going to be mass used on black market then this should be still nice buy in price.

12M supply>8USD piece>no chance

for black market use, it should be over 50 USD.

Develop Custom Decentralized Blockchain Applications in JavaScript with LISK! Lisk Site
Mast0rmind

Activity: 204
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 04:58:59 PM

The ONLY thing about Monero's current price that I cannot fathom is WHY are we still less than stupid DASH?  LOL at the very least I'd expect to be on par with that total mess of a coin, by now... right?  Price will probably go up at least to there in the short term.

Compare market Cap Dash and Monero:

http://coinmarketcap.com/
N-rG

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 05:04:43 PM

I give you a Puzzle which solution is also your answer:

NO _ _ _
Febo
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 05:17:52 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2016, 05:35:26 PM by Febo

Compare market Cap Dash and Monero:

http://coinmarketcap.com/

DASH is coin that spends most for promotion. I think is even higher then BTC in this aspect. I dont really expect they will lose much value over next years. Well unless soem unpredictable thing happen as in any coin.
Every Crypto that promote Crypto is good for all Crypto. also Monero.

Same thing is happening now with my LSK, but LSK have road map, devs are working on it every day, there are lot of team-community  communication channels  and i feel much more comfortable to hold LSK then XMR at this point.

Monero have best and most active communication channels of any coin.  In last 2 years whatever i wanted to know i got answer in few minutes. And not from one but from 3 people.  I remember when i joined ETH IRC in January to ask something about Mist wallet and got no answer in 2 weeks time. Only one guy with fake dev name wanted to scam me to sell some ETH.
Monero community is huge plus of monero.  If you check progress what developers do you would also notice that there is also extreme activity in last year.

You can join Monero channels on Slack, Telegram or Irc.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 05:27:35 PM

No i do not have problem with deadlines i invest that much i can afford to lose, but you need to cut your loses at some point.. No one of us did not buy coin and leave it till evaporate to zero, of course you will take your lose at some point, if you think you can do better with that money. Was wait 6months, it is not week or two.

I'm not FUDing XMR here, i ask for opinion, is it worth to go on xmr one more time? If it is really going to be mass used on black market then this should be still nice buy in price.

If you ask me you should not have sold your coins in the first place.
The right time to exit is when there are mass hysteria and people literally spending their nights in sleeping bags behind your door just to be the first one in the queue to get some Moneros from you at whatever price because the price doesn't matter at that time. Similar phenomenom we faced in dot-com bubble late 20th century/early 21st century.
Sell when it is hot and it is you who set the price, not the buyers.
To be hold that long you need to hold such amount that it doesn't matter even if you lose it 100 %. Otherwise you end up making emotional (and bad) trading decision.
Usually selling at the bottom is the worst possible trading decision.
N-rG

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 05:37:17 PM

If you ask me you should not have sold your coins in the first place.
The right time to exit is when there are mass hysteria and people literally spending their nights in sleeping bags behind your door just to be the first one in the queue to get some Moneros from you at whatever price because the price doesn't matter at that time. Similar phenomenom we faced in dot-com bubble late 20th century/early 21st century.
Sell when it is hot and it is you who set the price, not the buyers.
To be hold that long you need to hold such amount that it doesn't matter even if you lose it 100 %. Otherwise you end up making emotional (and bad) trading decision.
Usually selling at the bottom is the worst possible trading decision.

lol. You know that you just wrote the opposite for what you pray the whole time here   Huh
The time was just 2 weeks ago for the best exit. Its somehow sad and funny when we reach maybe in some weeks the price something around 0.0050 where you have been before the bubble and some people made their profit and you still bagholding and didnt take advance  Roll Eyes
But at least you can say that you have a lot of Moneros (y)
cryptimus prime

Activity: 493
Merit: 551

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 05:52:31 PM

He for sure has more Moneros than you troll-accounts on Bitcointalk.  Cheesy
Febo
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 05:58:50 PM

The time was just 2 weeks ago for the best exit. Its somehow sad and funny when we reach maybe in some weeks the price something around 0.0050 where you have been before the bubble and some people made their profit and you still bagholding and didnt take advance  Roll Eyes

ATH was few weeks ago yes. Good traders and those with magic ball most likely sold and rebuy latter or maybe still waiting. who knows.  But that was not best time to exit, there will be better times latteron. It was best time to exist so far.

But interesting was what i bolded in your sentence "where have you been".  No one of us here was nowhere. Monero price was at ATH. Now i am a bit confused. You never really traded Monero?  You baghold one other coin and you are here just to FUD? That is only explanation to me that you take TrueCryptonaire as a Monero. lol Now i just need to find which coin you actually fancy.
N-rG

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 06:03:16 PM

Short with a bot on ETH must be a lie N-rG is for sure in with a long...is that fancy?
elrippo
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 06:07:06 PM

It's obvious that the alphabay owners are manipulating the price, they bough a lot of XMR before they beginned to "support" it and now when they have sold(and possibly shorted) they will do what they can to bring the price down as much as they can, i would have done the same thing for sure.

I am now waiting for the price to plummet so i make a major investment in XMR(up to 6000$), the 67.5XMR i kept will not make me rich if the it goes to the moon, only make up for previous losses and more.

HAAAAAHHHHAAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAA  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Alphabay has nothing to do with the rise, it's more likely a masspsycholigic behaviour like it always is. The fact that in the rise we saw 1k BTC sell- and buywalls leads to a market maker with strong hands  Roll Eyes Cool Wink

For Advertisement. PM me to discuss.
Pages: « 1 ... 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 [1163] 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: