Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:31:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 [1460] 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312580 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 12:58:44 PM

Monero's main competition at this point is probably Dash, ZCash and now Bytecoin.

All three of those have doubled or tripled quadruped or gone up 1000% in a week.  Monero has actually doubled in USD terms in the last month or so, which is usually astounding and impressive, but just seems like major underperforming in the current market environment.

It has been very frustrating to hold XMR, but up 100% in a few weeks is better than losing money.  So have mixed feelings about it and I just don't know why there isn't better marketing for XMR and why the website is primitive and unattractive. 

Anyway maybe it will catch fire eventually, although I'm not holding my breath.

Yes.  Life can be so hard.  Monero is bouncing off C$60, soon to rocket through, IMO.  Hold your breath, hat, socks, hold on to everything  Wink
Zegra

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 01:01:49 PM

I don't get it people. This negativity. For the last year monero always went a level higher once every few months, and then a month or two consolidation. Now we go up to the next price level every week.
Can't you just feel the parabole?

Check the XMR/BTC chart. We go up, drop a bit, but always higher and higher lows. Also higher and higher highs.
Soon we'll have another whack at the resistance at ablut 0.022. maybe then once more, and once more, who knows. Until we DESTROY IT.

And then my fellow monero holders, there will be no stopping monero. I'm ready, pumped another 2000 euros in today. My bag is filled now so I have a lot of profit at the top + have a nice stash to HODL. Let's go!
7thKingdom

Activity: 107

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 01:07:30 PM

The market has a way of taking revenge.  And it doesn't really matter to me whether we get to 100 next week or next year.  

It's insane that $100 doesn't just seem like a realistic goal, it actually seems like a quite tame prediction.

Given the craziness that we've now seen when the market rallies, the outlook for the next bull run (assuming this one ends before the $100 point) is now absurdly high. 4 coins at multiple billions of dollars (including 2 alts over 10 billion), and we know monero is a top 3/4 project (a lot of us would obviously say it's the best altcoin bar none, but that argument doesn't really matter for this post).

The pain when this bubble eventually bursts will probably last a while. And it may take 2/3/4 years (although I wont even bother trying to predict this market) before the market as a whole can slowly build back up, but when the next big rally happens, it isn't inconceivable that monero will be holding a multiple billion dollar valuation.

$100 would be on the low end of that. $300+ would put us in the 5 billion range. $800 and we're only looking at a market cap around what Ripple is somehow at right now.

The crazy visions for Monero just a couple years ago now seem inevitable (albeit there will probably be some pain before then). If this run has shown us anything, it's that it's hard to imagine a scenario where 5 years down the line Monero hasn't pushed these kinds of valuations during a future upswing.
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 01:13:09 PM

The market has a way of taking revenge.  And it doesn't really matter to me whether we get to 100 next week or next year.  

It's insane that $100 doesn't just seem like a realistic goal, it actually seems like a quite tame prediction.

Given the craziness that we've now seen when the market rallies, the outlook for the next bull run (assuming this one ends before the $100 point) is now absurdly high. 4 coins at multiple billions of dollars (including 2 alts over 10 billion), and we know monero is a top 3/4 project (a lot of us would obviously say it's the best altcoin bar none, but that argument doesn't really matter for this post).

The pain when this bubble eventually bursts will probably last a while. And it may take 2/3/4 years (although I wont even bother trying to predict this market) before the market as a whole can slowly build back up, but when the next big rally happens, it isn't inconceivable that monero will be holding a multiple billion dollar valuation.

$100 would be on the low end of that. $300+ would put us in the 5 billion range. $800 and we're only looking at a market cap around what Ripple is somehow at right now.

The crazy visions for Monero just a couple years ago now seem inevitable (albeit there will probably be some pain before then). If this run has shown us anything, it's that it's hard to imagine a scenario where 5 years down the line Monero hasn't pushed these kinds of valuations during a future upswing.

There is the possibility that this 'bubble' is merely a 'level up' process.  The pop could be less drastic than what we tend to expect in crypto.  Except for the absolute shitcoins, which will fade away, of course.
7thKingdom

Activity: 107

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 01:17:56 PM

There is the possibility that this 'bubble' is merely a 'level up' process.  The pop could be less drastic than what we tend to expect in crypto.  Except for the absolute shitcoins, which will fade away, of course.

True, I'm not even going to bother trying to predict what will happen in this market.

But really, that's irrelevant to the long term outlook for monero. Yeah, it'd be nice if the whole market doesn't implode for a while. That would just make the true valuation for monero happen sooner and would make those 100+ predictions all the more likely.

My point was that, even if the market does implode, it has become very apparent that $100 is still on the low end of the likely future for Monero. It's hard to imagine a scenario where Monero fails to hit that low hanging fruit, given what we've seen in this current bull market.
CryptoPH

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

<3 Crypto

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 01:22:17 PM

In relation to XMRUSD parabolic status, it's either we'll have deep correction or longer consolidation to get some breather. But technical-wise, there's still a huge room to rise, sooner or later.  Cool

clearclear

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

Run as fast as you can - or jump in a faster river

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2017, 03:25:25 PM

Sounds interesting - definitely will look into that Smiley
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 03:35:26 PM

There is the possibility that this 'bubble' is merely a 'level up' process. 

That is IMHO better than 50-50 true... possible even more-likely-than-not given how LONG it's been since Honey Badger made one more of its "regular" 10X level-up moves.  That's been IMHO artificially constrained by the blocksize conundrum and just as water finds it's own level one way or another the markets are finding this "level" via altcoins now (maybe.  or maybe it's just all bullshit LOL)

The pop could be less drastic than what we tend to expect in crypto.  Except for the absolute shitcoins, which will fade away, of course.

Yup, although I'm still of the strong opinion that the "PROFITS" being accumulated now by who-knows-who altcoin Whales (<cough> Dash premine scammers? <cough>) will eventually find their way to MONERO as the only really certain method they'll have to keep their ill gotten gains PRIVATE and tax-free... Smiley

We will see, one way or the other.

Meantime nothing really to do but make more popcorn and try to enjoy the show... Wink

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 03:52:36 PM

There is the possibility that this 'bubble' is merely a 'level up' process. 

That is IMHO better than 50-50 true... possible even more-likely-than-not given how LONG it's been since Honey Badger made one more of its "regular" 10X level-up moves.  That's been IMHO artificially constrained by the blocksize conundrum and just as water finds it's own level one way or another the markets are finding this "level" via altcoins now (maybe.  or maybe it's just all bullshit LOL)

The pop could be less drastic than what we tend to expect in crypto.  Except for the absolute shitcoins, which will fade away, of course.

Yup, although I'm still of the strong opinion that the "PROFITS" being accumulated now by who-knows-who altcoin Whales (<cough> Dash premine scammers? <cough>) will eventually find their way to MONERO as the only really certain method they'll have to keep their ill gotten gains PRIVATE and tax-free... Smiley

We will see, one way or the other.

Meantime nothing really to do but make more popcorn and try to enjoy the show... Wink

As we bumped over C$60, I managed to knock my tall coffee cup over into a pile of important papers on my desk.  Yay.  Note to self: curtail excessive hand movement at desk.  Not sure if its a good thing or not that no coffee made it to the floor  Undecided

yes, I also believe that a portion of that hot money will end up in Monero.  Exciting times!
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 04:25:47 PM

Keep in mind that once everyone is bullish, that means there are no more buyers.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 04:27:55 PM

Keep in mind that once everyone is bullish, that means there are no more buyers.

Thing is that now most buyers are not on this forum or even Reddit anymore. Most are on Poloniex. so no matter what we will say here, they will do their way.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 5142

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 04:29:00 PM

The market has a way of taking revenge.  And it doesn't really matter to me whether we get to 100 next week or next year. 

The real trick here is the discovery of which the shitcoins  truly are.  We don't all agree yet.  It will be a bloodbath.  But there will be phoenixes.
KeyJockey

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 04:42:23 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2017, 05:31:10 PM by KeyJockey

Geez isn't anyone even gonna mention it?

Passed $43 today, at $43.50-ish now... and this after $42 yesterday, so that's two new ATH two days in a row, isn't it?

https://youtu.be/Z-FPimCmbX8

Grin

P.S. Ahhh shit... an hour later, RED CANDLES... I spooked it.  Sorry guys... my bad   Roll Eyes 

OrangeP

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 04:45:00 PM

I'm waiting for the $715m of Bytecoin (LO motherfucking L) to flow into Monero and ZenCash.

Hottest Coins: Decred, ZCoin, Waves
bitwolf

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 05:14:53 PM

So my sell target of 100$ is coming sooner than I thought, hmm. I am still not ready to be rich. Slow down a bit guys.
KeyJockey

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 05:34:07 PM

So my sell target of 100$ is coming sooner than I thought, hmm. I am still not ready to be rich. Slow down a bit guys.

P.S. Ahhh shit... an hour later, RED CANDLES... I spooked it.  Sorry guys... my bad   Roll Eyes 

hahaha okay then bitwolf you can take the blame... just doin' my part to help a brother out here, on request Cheesy

TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 05:39:14 PM

I agree with you.
Soon it will time for me to start selling some of my coins if you guys keep on pumping it and everybody becoming bullish.
Bear in mind, I am considering buying Moneros if they drop significiantly.
10-20 % corrections are not significiant in crypto but just normal market fluctuation.

Try to pump some more that I am able to rake some money from you, guys!!!
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 05:43:07 PM

I do not usually agree with you but I think you got this pretty well.
Right now I think Monero is severaly overpriced and hyped coin with a lot of downside risk but limited upside potential.

Alts are in a bubble - including XMR. Bear in mind, I sold already a nice part of my stash over 0.02 btc but I am not even considering buying anything at current prices despite it would be profitable.

Monero is lacking the most important thing which is marketing and hype. Therefore it cannot find new people adapting it and eventually the price will start declining as the old guys are starting to feel how hard it is to carry a heavy bag.
I guess you contradict yourself, Truecryptonaire, here. At first, you think "Monero is severaly overpriced and hyped coin" and then you say that "Monero is lacking the most important thing which is marketing and hype".

Well, Monero is hyped on this thread.
Outside of this thread not so much because there is no marketing. Marketing doesn't equal to circle jerking how awesome Monero is.
Raghnar

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 06:28:24 PM

XMR is rocking and to fresh new USD ATHs...up to $49.50 now...   It wants to catch Bytecoin and regain the #8 slot that is rightfully XMR's.  Still a ways to go, but BCN will probably pull back some and make it easier

Then the next target is to finally get revenge on DASH but would take another 50% gain in XMR to catch it.   Anything is possible though in this wild crypto market.

KeyJockey

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 06:47:20 PM

LOL LOL LOL

Every time TC tries to trash-talk XMR here to pump his book... we get another new massive green candle.

Keep it up, Duck... LOL

Pages: « 1 ... 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 [1460] 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: