Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:48:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 [1637] 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312366 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
cryptimus prime

Activity: 493
Merit: 551

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 04:30:12 PM

Just don't grok why the document was "leaked" as if it's something detrimental to Fluffy's proposal, at all.  Odd.

Its because we have a lot of drama queens in crypto space.  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4891

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 05:47:39 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2017, 05:58:20 PM by Hueristic

Hmm how could it be "leaked" if Fluffy himself offered to tell more about it for those closer interested in it?
I think it does not matter any more, we are near 60% funding in not even 2 days.

It may well matter, we just don't know yet.

Fuck Primer, by the way.

<Hueristic> .primer
<monerobux> The point is not how much i made, point is fluffy did this on purpose, more than 10 people were in on it. His commit access needs to be revoked asap!

So, wait... is this "leaked" document intended to HARM this project somehow?

If it's legit (seems possible to me) it looks great, to me: what's the problem? Why did that have to be "leaked" vs just part of the project explainer?

TL;DR basically to me this looks like it's a project pitch from a marketing and online promotion company specializing in the music industry, i.e. doing stuff like rock bands website, their merchandise and promo sales stuff etc.  ..

I would be interested to see what the sales numbers on those sites and would like to see the ROI on this deal.

AFA as getting the word out there it is a step in the right direction, I only wish there were more currently relevant bands on there as opposed to the ones there now that really don't have the 20 something crowd. Those bands have more like the 40+ something crowd. UFC is nice though, does anyone know how to find out that sites yearly revenue? I'm going to step out on a limb here and say Slayer and Motorhead are not living off the income from their online merchandise sales.

I also don't see why this has to be kept secret as I'm not thinking their is going to be a mad ruck to throw 220 BTC at this deal from many other coins. Maybe ETH as they have money to blow but since they are not a direct competitor only Dash maybe would try to grab that deal. And I have to emphasize the word maybe.

Why does it say "Select Client list" who made that list? what is the entire list Evergreen has at their disposal?

Anyway how much of the Dev fund is going into this? Also where can we check on the Dev funds accounting? Who actually hold the keys to that fund? It seems that information should be prominently displayed on the Main sites page.

I really like this:
Code:
Collaborate with artist(s) merchandising company to integrate Globee into the artist(s) existing Shopify store.  [b]In the 
event that this isn’t possible[/b], we will collaborate with the artist(s) merchandising company to design and develop a
mobile optimized, Monero exclusive, stand-alone online store, and integrate the Globee for payment processing.

But the bolded concerns me.

And I missed the this in my first skim of the proposal.

Work closely with G&M to pursue relationships with one or more mutually agreed upon artist(s) that will be[size=120pt] allow us to
create official
[/size], stand-alone online store(s) where Monero is the exclusive method of payment.  Initial artist targets
include: 
Iron Maiden, Ghost, Slayer, Motley Crue, Mariah Carey, Motorhead, Wiz Khalifa, Lil Wayne, and Five
Finger Death Punch

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Billy Bunter

Activity: 327
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 06:23:04 PM

Hmm how could it be "leaked" if Fluffy himself offered to tell more about it for those closer interested in it?
I think it does not matter any more, we are near 60% funding in not even 2 days.

It may well matter, we just don't know yet.

Fuck Primer, by the way.

<Hueristic> .primer
<monerobux> The point is not how much i made, point is fluffy did this on purpose, more than 10 people were in on it. His commit access needs to be revoked asap!

If it's legit (seems possible to me) it looks great, to me: what's the problem? Why did that have to be "leaked" vs just part of the project explainer?

TL;DR basically to me this looks like it's a project pitch from a marketing and online promotion company specializing in the music industry, i.e. doing stuff like rock bands website, their merchandise and promo sales stuff etc.  ..

I would be interested to see what the sales numbers on those sites and would like to see the ROI on this deal.

AFA as getting the word out there it is a step in the right direction, I only wish there were more currently relevant bands on there as opposed to the ones there now that really don't have the 20 something crowd. Those bands have more like the 40+ something crowd. UFC is nice though, does anyone know how to find out that sites yearly revenue? I'm going to step out on a limb here and say Slayer and Motorhead are not living off the income from their online merchandise sales.

I also don't see why this has to be kept secret as I'm not thinking their is going to be a mad ruck to throw 220 BTC at this deal from many other coins. Maybe ETH as they have money to blow but since they are not a direct competitor only Dash maybe would try to grab that deal. And I have to emphasize the word maybe.

Why does it say "Select Client list" who made that list? what is the entire list Evergreen has at their disposal?

Anyway how much of the Dev fund is going into this? Also where can we check on the Dev funds accounting? Who actually hold the keys to that fund? It seems that information should be prominently displayed on the Main sites page.

I really like this:
Code:
Collaborate with artist(s) merchandising company to integrate Globee into the artist(s) existing Shopify store.  [b]In the 
event that this isn’t possible[/b], we will collaborate with the artist(s) merchandising company to design and develop a
mobile optimized, Monero exclusive, stand-alone online store, and integrate the Globee for payment processing.

But the bolded concerns me.

Work closely with G&M to pursue relationships with one or more mutually agreed upon artist(s) that will be[size=120pt] allow us to
create official
[/size], stand-alone online store(s) where Monero is the exclusive method of payment.  Initial artist targets
include:  
Iron Maiden, Ghost, Slayer, Motley Crue, Mariah Carey, Motorhead, Wiz Khalifa, Lil Wayne, and Five
Finger Death Punch

None of the Dev fund is going into this. This is funded by an entirely separate FFS proposal - it's not taking money away from something else. That said, if it's profitable, any profits returned will be going into the general Dev fund.

I think the big opportunity here is further integration into the rest of the Shopify platform - or at least more of it. That's a huge win for Monero.

My impression is that FP shared this RFP with some people who wanted more information. One of them leaked it. It's not terrible, but it's not necessarily helpful. It doesn't reflect well on FP, though it's not his fault. To the extent that this could be a game-changer for Monero, any kind of leak until it's in place and properly integrated is unhelpful.

Baguette Holder.
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 06:54:44 PM

primer / dr-mike / monero_rs (same person) thinks that it's a massive scam and I'm using the money to buy myself a private jet and an island in the Caribbean.

Per the FFS proposal section "Why the Secrecy?" - "Revealing any details might allow others to get ahead of this opportunity, so we unfortunately need to keep it secret." So partly to prevent other cryptocurrencies (some of whom had been offered this) from getting the deal, and partly because it's better to be able to reveal the details when it is a fait accompli.

The pitch is priced in BTC, oddly (not Monero LOL) but the values for the project assuming $4K/BTC now are about correct for Fluffy's FFS funding numbers.

Was originally priced in Monero because their CEO is a HUGE Monero fan, but I asked him for BTC pricing because I was originally just going to approach some whales and get them to put in BTC (more "stable").

Basically, seems to me that getting a strong toe-hold in a market niche like this -- that can then be expanded to e-commerce overall -- would be fantasic, IMHO.

EXACTLY - it gets Monero as a payment option on Shopify, at the very least, and brings in huge amounts of attention.

fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 06:57:04 PM

create official
[/size], stand-alone online store(s) where Monero is the exclusive method of payment.  Initial artist targets
include: 
Finger Death Punch

That's a fall-back in case we struggle with Shopify integration, since all their sites use Shopify. But even if that happens, the non-Shopify stores will still have the desired effect - they'll be official, linked on the artist's site and social media, and will have unique items you can ONLY purchase with Monero.

cryptimus prime

Activity: 493
Merit: 551

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 07:06:26 PM

primer / dr-mike / monero_rs (same person) thinks that it's a massive scam and I'm using the money to buy myself a private jet and an island in the Caribbean.

Can I borrow your jet from time to time?  Grin
Han Solo aka Harrison Ford would be my copilot.

Serhack has done already some integrations WP, Prestashop.
So is he helping you in any way?
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 07:10:16 PM

Basically, seems to me that getting a strong toe-hold in a market niche like this -- that can then be expanded to e-commerce overall -- would be fantasic, IMHO.

EXACTLY - it gets Monero as a payment option on Shopify, at the very least, and brings in huge amounts of attention.

Thanks for the reply Ric (and nice to see you in this thread, stick around if u can: we could use a dose of your humor around here from time to time, LOL)

This project looks really great to me, appreciate what you're doing here & hope it all goes well.

I've already kicked in a couple coins but now, with this added info, I'm really liking it even more!  So I'm gonna pony up (no pun intended LOL) a couple more XMR later tonight.  (Turns out, I still have a couple Dash(LOL) coins left over in another wallet, overlooked when I dumped 'em all a few weeks back, so I'm gonna ShapeShift 'em into XMR and use that for the extra donation... SO, suck it DashTards!  Your money's goin' to make Monero MOON)

Cheesy

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 07:16:27 PM

No need, we already have 23 integration plugins for Globee: https://github.com/GloBee-Official

Shopify integration is harder because it's all closed-source and internal, you can't just add a payment method, you have to beg the company to add you.

garytheasshole

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 07:17:41 PM

No need, we already have 23 plugins for Globee: https://github.com/GloBee-Official

Shopify integration is harder because it's all closed-source and internal, you can't just add a payment method, you have to beg the company to add you.

Beg? What the fuck are you talking about, I thought you were bribing them with our donations?

phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 07:48:36 PM

Coming from some one who really doesn't know anything about shopify or G&M, I found these two things really interesting.

Shopify is both a Canadian e-commerce company headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario and the name of its computer software platform for online stores and retail point-of-sale systems.[2]

The Shopify company was founded in 2004, and its software platform was initially based on earlier software written by its founders for their online snowboard store.[3][4] The company reports that it has more than 500,000 merchants using its platform,[5] with total gross merchandise volume exceeding $40 billion.[5][6][7][8]

In January 2017, Shopify announced integration with Amazon that would allow merchants to sell on Amazon from their Shopify stores.[38] Shopify's stock rose almost 10% upon this announcement.[38]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shopify

Per the FFS proposal section "Why the Secrecy?" - "Revealing any details might allow others to get ahead of this opportunity, so we unfortunately need to keep it secret." So partly to prevent other cryptocurrencies (some of whom had been offered this) from getting the deal, and partly because it's better to be able to reveal the details when it is a fait accompli.

I do have to ask though Fluffy... Does Shopify actually want Monero as a payment method or is this guy like "doing you a solid"..?  Sounds like they want to accept cryptocurrencies in general (maybe to avoid global payment issues).  So would they just want just any cryptocurrency, or whichever cryptocurrency community that pays the bounty?  And don't you, as the CEO, have somewhat of a say in what cryptos you would recommend for shopify to use?

I'm still a little confused as to why/how other cryptocurrency projects might "beat us to the punch" if the news was leaked.
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 08:36:48 PM

Beg? What the fuck are you talking about, I thought you were bribing them with our donations?

Shopify is a service provider. "Merchant", in the context of this proposal, refers to entities who (mostly) use Shopify right now. Whether we integrate with Shopify or not is irrelevant, the proposal is for integration with the merchants in whatever form that takes, not integration with Shopify.

I do have to ask though Fluffy... Does Shopify actually want Monero as a payment method or is this guy like "doing you a solid"..?  Sounds like they want to accept cryptocurrencies in general (maybe to avoid global payment issues).  So would they just want just any cryptocurrency, or whichever cryptocurrency community that pays the bounty?  And don't you, as the CEO, have somewhat of a say in what cryptos you would recommend for shopify to use?

You misunderstand. Shopify is a service provider, they don't care WHAT the payment method is. If you provide technology to pay people in purple cats, Shopify doesn't really care, because the money is passing between Purple Cat Payments and the merchants. BUT they are the gatekeepers and need to be convinced that they're not actually facilitating Purple Cat Slave Trade.

I'm still a little confused as to why/how other cryptocurrency projects might "beat us to the punch" if the news was leaked.

I feel like I'd just be re-typing what I said to KeyJockey, so scroll up for a response to that.

DuaLipa

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 08:45:35 PM

I say 0,06125 by December 18.2017  Shocked Grin

Pfft, you gotta be a bit more ridiculous with your speculation like people in this thread.

Like 0.07 by the end of september (10 days!) Cheesy

Its all fun and games for the bears until Monero goes up violently and never comes back.

We're still watching it, I regret for not buying more Monero 2 months ago. The price went up dramatically. As the target, 0.1 btc will be realistic target for next one year.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 11:48:52 PM

Shit this stupid short on ETH is killing me I want to long XMR now and I can't!!!!

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
toty888

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 12:39:08 AM

Guys, any news about ledger hw?
willyum

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 06:06:50 AM

Integration to TREZOR would be amazing. I just got one and can't believe how easy it is to use as well as the security of it.
mrjoy15

Activity: 840
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 10:15:09 AM

I say 0,06125 by December 18.2017  Shocked Grin

Pfft, you gotta be a bit more ridiculous with your speculation like people in this thread.

Like 0.07 by the end of september (10 days!) Cheesy

Its all fun and games for the bears until Monero goes up violently and never comes back.

We're still watching it, I regret for not buying more Monero 2 months ago. The price went up dramatically. As the target, 0.1 btc will be realistic target for next one year.
Exactly, Very praiseworthy progress untill now. Right now, It's #9 market cap. I expect that it will go up easily. I believe it's pretty low yet to grab some, and  see will moon though it takes time to reached that price.
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 12:46:58 PM

Interested in this too... srsly wanna get one of their high-end "Ledger Blue" once Monero support is enabled and confirmed to be working well.

Anyone here have a BLUE now, using it already with other coins?  Pros/Cons or any comments or recommendation/warning to get one or not?

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:09:29 PM

Globee proposal leaked on irc, #monero-pools:

<dr-mike> Dr. Mike Maltas Globee 'secret' proposal details are now here :  https://expirebox.com/download/6b629792384ed9ddd492e3c6cc40ed99.html

Fluffy shills have been reporting the file so it has been deleted. Here's another link : https://my.mixtape.moe/aulury.pdf

Just coming out of ignoring you for a brief moment to say this.

You are, and always have been, a greasy little tool.

Ok.. back to ignoring you.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:18:50 PM

Globee proposal leaked on irc, #monero-pools:

<dr-mike> Dr. Mike Maltas Globee 'secret' proposal details are now here :  https://expirebox.com/download/6b629792384ed9ddd492e3c6cc40ed99.html

Fluffy shills have been reporting the file so it has been deleted. Here's another link : https://my.mixtape.moe/aulury.pdf

Just coming out of ignoring you for a brief moment to say this.

You are, and always have been, a greasy little tool.

Ok.. back to ignoring you.

My damn memory! So when primer shows up is is bullish or bearish sign? Cheesy

BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 01:23:02 PM

You can watch progress at the github for the project https://github.com/LedgerHQ/blue-app-monero no commits in ten days I would be surprised if they have an alpha by end of September but it could happen. Trezor is busy with Trezor 2 so don't expect anything from them for Monero this year.

Pages: « 1 ... 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 [1637] 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: